Burris Logistics Employee Reviews in United States

Night Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Elkton, MDJanuary 18, 2016
* Fast paced production
* I've learned WMS, excel, word, power point
* Management is great H.R is friendly
* Co-workers are warm and inviting but competitive
* The hardest part of this job is in the beginning when your learning the system
* The most enjoyable part of the job is the cross training
Pros
Great pay friendly Management and H.R.
not an hpwp
General Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 21, 2015
My usual day is answer/check emails, work on reports, data entry, and make invoices. I learned that the more detailed i do my work, the better it is. I have found that the most important quality in the workplace is my flexibility. The hardest part is dealing with difficult co-workers and customers.The most enjoyably is multitasking.
Pros
work in a friendly non competitive environment
Cons
Not a good schedule
great people
Picker (Former Employee) –  Elkton, MDJune 2, 2016
a great company that has advancement possibilities with a great rate of pay that is based off of your perfomance
also as many hours as you can work also friendly people that are easy to get along with
Feeling of productivity
Logistics Engineer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 10, 2015
Overall great place to work, met a lot of fun and interesting people.
Job is very fast paced so the work day flies by, the most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues. Also the job is very physical and demands a lot from your body which allow you the benefit of staying in shape.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Long hours and physical
you never actually have a day off
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  New Castle, DEJanuary 26, 2016
I worked for them under the understanding I was going to be a local driver, I saw the sleeper cabs and asked 3 more times and all 3 I was told I was local. I started working and as soon as they could they wanted to send me to ohio?! turned it down and also you slip seat and the mattresses haven't been changed in years they are nasty. they call coming in at 1:30 or 2am and getting back to base at 5 06 pm goin home for a couple hours your proper reset? you will never actually get a real 10 hours. your single day off is a joke which is sunday...you get off Saturday after running for 14 hours or more, get up sunday and you better rush to get everything done early because you have to come back 11pm that night which means your day off is cut short. you wont have set schedules and you wont sleep here. I quit after a couple weeks because they can also take your day off from you without telling you even though you made plans and wont take no for an answer. these companies tell you what you want to hear instead of being upfront
Pros
ok pay
Cons
to many to list
nice place to work for starting first job
Sanitation Worker (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 14, 2015
it was nice being there threw the years while I had it met a few good people while I was there cant really complain but its a great job
work enviroment at burris
Freight Customer Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 30, 2015
The work I do I enjoy, Management has lack of leadership yet i stay focused on my work and make every day count no matter the circumstances.
Pros
bill are paid
Cons
favortism, very short breaks
learning experience
Certified Reach Operator (Former Employee) –  Rocky Hill, CTNovember 30, 2015
It was my pleasure working for Burris. I received pallet jack certification here. I would recommend this job to anyone seeking warehouse experience.
great place to work
Hi-Lo Driver (Former Employee) –  Rocky Hill CT.October 1, 2015
when you come to work you would get dressed
and then go to pre shift for stretching then we log on our machines
and go to work management was great and the co-workers were great also.
the long hours were hard the three days off was the bomb.
Pros
great job.
Cons
I was a die setter in the press brake area of steel manufacturing dept.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Milford, DEAugust 18, 2015
I set up and operated press brakes.

Unions are not pleasant.

Management was fair and easy to work with.

Co-workers were friendly and helpful.

Union environment.

Producing high quality products.
Pros
Exciting experience and training
Cons
Union shop.
Unstable and negivtive work environment.
PM Selector (Former Employee) –  Rocky HillJune 9, 2015
Hands down worse company I had ever work for and hardest I've ever work and not compensated.
No job security and your schedule is from 7pm until work is finish at 7:30 am are 8am.
No way you'll make the kind of money they procrastinating about Burris is all B*S for the record, do yourself a favor and not wast your time unless you have nothing living for as well as personal life and family time.
Great place to work.
Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Federalsburg, MDOctober 26, 2015
Burris Logistics is a great place to work. It offers many challenges, it makes the day pass very quickly. Burris provides excellent benefits.
Future Unsure
customer service (Current Employee) –  College Park, GAOctober 11, 2015
Contract with Fresh Market is good until 2017 so our future is insecure. Customer Service manager is nice to us and treats us well
Benefits
Cons
Turnover
Cherry picker (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 9, 2015
a typical day at Burris Logistics is a very productive , they move at a fast pace.They are hard workers and they work as a family.
Burris Logistics
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  New Castle, DEAugust 5, 2015
Good place to work. Don't plan on moving up beyond a supervisor, if your an ethnicity other then Caucasian. There are no senior execs other than Caucasians in the entire company. No management foresight.
Unprofessional and uncertain about job security
Account Manager/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 23, 2015
Days are very stressful, unorganized, and departments do not work together for the better of the company. Worked there from 2012-2014 and the amount of accounts we had went from 5 to 1, and were struggling to keep that!
Cons
Dog eat dog mentality, unprofessional, no team work nor proper leadership, no growth within the company your job is your job.
Positive and Negative Enviroment
Team Member (Former Employee) –  ElktonSeptember 1, 2015
I worked here for less then a year and in my little bit of time employed I will say they are a wonderful team in the HR Department well at least the 3 girls . The upper Management given a few was wonderful especially the General manager great guy . The position I worked for and the person I worked under was Horrible she would make you want to pull your hair out and quit . She was very rude , moody and most of all BOSSY she is not a people person at all since the day I started there everyone was wishing me Good Luck and at first I couldn't understand why but as time went on I seen why they said it, NO ONE at Burris can stand her but only tolerated her because it is the Professional way of doing things . I ended my employment with this company mostly because I was force too because of ( Personal Issues) just say if you work here DO NOT have any outside Relations with anyone there because it's not tolerated BUT you will notice that everyone has someone who works there whether their children, Spouse's or friends etc...So good luck if anything work in the warehouse stay away from the office.
Pros
Great People if you know the right ones..
Cons
Management at least mine
Not a good company to work for
Scanner (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 16, 2015
Ask all the questions possible in your interview. Make sure they tell you everything you will be doing and not lie to you. Be prepared to be away from your family and have no family time period or life at that. Managers are a joke and can never be found when needed. Pay is okay and benefits are good. Everything about this job besides my previous comment is terrible.
Benefits
Cons
Everything else about this job
decent place to work
Order Selector (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 8, 2015
Fairly compensated based on performance and work ethic, not much advancement within company, but can beneficial financially .
Great work enviornment
Receiver (Former Employee) –  Rocky Hill, CTMay 14, 2015
: Receive and count stock items, pack and unpack items, verify inventory computations, clean and maintain supplies, examine and inspect stock items and provide assistance or direction, operate forklift and cherry picker