Burris Logistics Employee Reviews

Custom Division is an excellent division to work for, the VP is the BEST.
MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 1, 2017
There are two divisions of the the company that I have experience with, the Custom Division and PRW. Although the two divisions are part of the same organization, I would have to say that I would prefer being employed by the Custom Division hands down.
In my experience with the Custom Division, I have found the workplace culture to not only be pleasant, but also motivating. I can not say the same for the PRW side of the organization. Their culture is more dogmatic and they foster a management style that advocates fear and intimidation instead of motivation. Based on information received from team members who traveled to multiple PRW facilities providing support, this culture appears to be a common thread throughout PRW. This style appears to be deeply rooted in the PRW division which leads one to believe that there is little to no chance for change.
Pros
The Custom division offers room for professional growth in a comfortable environment.
Cons
The business is contractual so there is no job security.
Work/life balance
Accounts Payable Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Elkton, MDMay 24, 2017
Family oriented organization providing a balance between work and personal life. Provides benefits including 401k, PTO (earned), health insurance and short/long term disability.
Very fast paced enviroment that was consistant work.
Selector/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  New Castle, DEMay 23, 2017
A very learning expierence in the manufacturing industry. Driving pallet jacks and driving the stand-up reach truck most of the time. At burris we were on a 10 hour 4-day schedule. As a selector my job function was to fill store orders at a timely rate. The faster you finished store orders the more money you recieved for the week. When i was a forklift/reach-truck operator i replenished product out of high storage bins throughout the warehouse. After completing all my work for the day, I was structured to stack pallets 19-high to fill up the pallet trailer.
Pros
Good money, good benefits
Cons
Long shifts 10-12 hrs
Great life learning experiance
Maintenance tech (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 22, 2017
Burris is the first company I worked for who looked out for me and my family. We lost a contract and they offered packages for everybody. I have a choice to work or go back to school.
nepotism gone wild
Buyer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elkton, MDMay 14, 2017
Management plays favorites, gives jobs to people they know or are related to. Managers treats salaried employees as hourly. There is no work/life balance - you are harassed about going to the doctor, or taking vacation.
Pros
pay
Cons
management, culture
Good Company
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  New Castle, DEMay 8, 2017
I enjoyed my time there. I learned a lot. Some days were busy depending on the work load. People were friendly. Benefits were great. I had the best Supervisor ever! I would of never left the company on my own. I am no longer there as company downsized.
Pros
Supervisor, benefits, coworkers
Cons
Early hours, My day started at 3am.
A lot of overtime
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 27, 2017
Insurance is ridiculous, Management is great well atleast the ones on my shift. I loved working here leadership really cared about their employees. Tons of overtime but if you have small kids not the job for you.
Avery fun place to work
Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 26, 2017
This was the first place that I ever truly wanted to work. From the very moment I came aboard it was as good as it gets if not better for a trucking company. Family owned company and they treated the employees just like family. If I had not had so many issues with paper logs as this was my first time experiencing them as their computer logging system was down a lot,it's a safe bet to say I'd still be there. That good of a company!
Pros
bonuses bonuses bonuses!!
Cons
some managers who didn't like to admit the fact that they too were fallible.
you never know if you have a job the next day
Freight Checker (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 26, 2017
Stay away!!!
Weekly paycheck.
Favoritism rules!!
You can get fired for anything!
High turnover rate, p.o.s. management that loves to fire employees.
Pros
weekly pay health benefits
Cons
nepotism, bad managers, high chance of being fired for any reason or no reason at all
cold
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Lyndhurst, VAApril 25, 2017
Its a cold warehouse i think up to neg.-20 your on your feet all day very relaxed work place its like a big family an a good learning expertence with travel opp.
Pros
very cold
Cons
easy work
Work Day
Shipping & Receiving Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 23, 2017
Stressful Busy and Unfair some people are not meant for leadership in this company so the team is lead astray so work hours are prolonged. The pay is unfair and not worth the work load.
work fast,quick learner
Selector (Former Employee) –  Harrington, DEApril 22, 2017
poor training you use a driving pallet jack where you put 2 pallets on and stack items 6 foot high well boxes of frozen product in a freezer having to do a average of 200 per hour
Do not work here
Truck Dispatcher / Router (Former Employee) –  Rocky Hill, CTApril 15, 2017
The worst manager I every worked for . Real dirt bag. Power trip. Does not like any employee who can think for themselves. Rules change every day. Not a very nice person at all .
Pros
Cons
everything
Burris is a Great company
Loader (Former Employee) –  New Castle, DEApril 8, 2017
Just be careful in New Castle, that management team only promotes people from Penn state. No opportunity for minority employees except working in the warehouse.
Pros
Great company, great owner
Cons
New Castle Management team
Easy money
Selector (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 8, 2017
In Orlando buris is the next best thing to publix. Easy job if you selected before. Family environment managers can be better but all you have to do is get your money and get out.. they are real lenient
Pros
Family environment money and beifits
Cons
This place is a complete JOKE!!!
Janitorial (Former Employee) –  New Castle, DEApril 7, 2017
I worked here over 4 yrs & was told our jobs were outsourced but I still worked in the building. Now the building is shutting down. I have been told to report to a different building in a different state to work the over night shift. They have no direct deposit any more only a paper check. The manager in charge told me yesterday whn I get off the day shift today then I start the over night shift tomorrow!!! & Now we don't get our pay checks until Friday night after 8 PM ...no direct deposit & Banks are closed then!!! Stay away from this place. Management is horrible.
Pros
Cons
No direct deposit, horrible management, no advancement, horrible pay, no employee consideration
Manager of sales department is a horrible man
Operational Sales / Customer Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 5, 2017
Burris as a whole is a wonderful company. They boast that it is a company where if you are not in the correct job that they will move you to an area that is better suited for you. That is if you have a manager that doesn't hate you from the day you walk in and proceeds to tell you that he doesn't like you and makes your life miserable for the time you are there. Many issues with the department that I was in but I would give Burris over all a good rating.
Unproductive cold storage struggling to compete,
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville FloridaMarch 23, 2017
worked here for 5 plus months in a management role. There is no concern for safety in this place. Stay away from this place. You will be promised the moon and lied to about it..
Pros
cant think of any
Cons
unsafe
Great opportunities to move up
Human Resources - Payroll Coordinator (Current Employee) –  College Park, GAMarch 21, 2017
Ive been with this company for 1 and a half years. I started out as a selector and have held 4 other positions in the little time I have been here. I had been on my previous job for 5 and a half years and didn't move up until my last year there.
Place is a joke
Selector (Former Employee) –  Rocky Hill, CTMarch 21, 2017
No out time. You can work 7 hours one day and 14 hours the next. Treat you like robots. Only stayed there so long for the pay. Very miserable place. Won't recommend for anyone with a family,.you would never see them. Management doesn't help employees, to busy in meetings or on the phone.
Pros
Could make alot of money
Cons
No life or security.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Burris Logistics. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8