Job Title: Electrical Engineer Division: Packaging
While working in a safe, effective manner, will keep quality in mind at all times. Works in a cooperative team environment to manage electrical engineers/technicians and their activities. Candidate will be expected to organize and assign priority to projects. She/He must clearly communicate objectives to all reports and measures. This person would manage new construction, automation, or upgrade projects. Each project will involve some or, all of the following activities: conceptual design and planning, safety review, budget generation, project scheduling, managing vendors, design engineering, construction management, mange and plan installations, generations documentation, and plan and implement training. These activities will involve some overtime and a significant amount of travel to ensure projects are successfully implements and completed within time and budget constraints. Strong Servo drive and PLC programming abilities required.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Maintains adherence to Company policies and safety standards.
2. Manage Electrical engineers and technicians.
3. Estimate job costs and prepare budgets.
4. Develop bill of materials and manage purchasing of material.
5. Design control, automation, instrumentation, and power project details.
6. Develop electrical schematics and layout drawings.
7. Develop and manage project schedule.
8. Plan installation and start-up of equipment including inter-connecting drawings.
9. Oversee and manage outside vendors.
10. Develop and implement training for operation and maintenance.
11. Assist maintenance departments of special issues.
12. Develop support documentation for projects.
13. Engineer will be issues a pager and/or cell phone and is expected to be available for emergency call-ins.
14. Must be able to trouble shoot and develop electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic schematics.
15. Must have the ability to conceptually design, plan and automate electrical needs.
16. Develops the skills of engineers/technicians and manages training activities.
17. Provides technical information and leadership.
18. Manages electrical and instrumentation projects for internal and external customers.
1. Follows all Company rules and guidelines.
2. Avoid unsafe practices or carelessness. Follow all Company safety rules and policies.
3. Cooperate with fellow employees.
4. Is waste conscious of efforts and materials at all times.
5. Attempts to achieve quality product.
1. Must have a Electrical or Computer engineering degree.
2. Must have 3-5 years experience in industrial/manufacturing environment, preferably in the paper converting industry.
3. Ability to communicate, motivate, train and lead, while utilizing subordinate input, and while performing analytical, logical and objective problem solving skills.
4. Must be a team player with a “can do” attitude.
5. Overtime work and significant travel will be required, including overseas travel.
6. Commitment to safety and quality.
7. Good organization, prioritization, writing and verbal skills.
8. Able to effectively use computer tools including, but not limited to: Excel, Word, MS Project and Auto-cad.
9. Must be able to work with minimal supervision and make sound decisions.
10. Ability to handle multiple projects.
11. Excellent motivational skills.
12. Commitment to internal and external customer satisfaction.
13. Regularly required to stand, sit, move about facility, climb stairs, bend, twist, kneel, crouch or crawl, use hands and fingers to touch, handle, or feel objects, grasp, push, pull, reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
14. Working knowledge of the following electrical equipment:
A. Strong PLC programming ability
B. Servo Drive specialist
C. Scada system programming
D. HMI (Operating interface’s)
E. Motors and controls
F. AC drive
G. 600 vac and below electric power distribution
H. Instruments and sensors (i.e. pressure, temp, flow)
I. Alan Bradley and Siemanss controls and instrumentation