Burrows Paper Corporation Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Terrible place! Do not work here!
Wrapper Operator (Former Employee) –  Franklin, OHJuly 18, 2016
Burrows Paper was an alright place to work, starting out. Once the new plant manager was hired, though, things fell apart quickly. Many changes were made at the management level that made working there very difficult. The company is SO FOCUSED on safety, that MORE people are getting hurt. There are OSHA violations all over the place! My coworkers have all been wonderful people, but management is terrible. I hardly had any time off, the "no fault" attendance policy makes it hard to deal with emergencies that occur outside of work. Oh, how they would just stack overtime on us, day after day. Sure the money was nice for a while, but after about 6 months of working 7 days a week for 8 hours at night, I got tired of it pretty darn fast. The only things I enjoyed were the people I had for coworkers.
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
Bad management, bad policies, short breaks
It was a great place to work, my fellow employees and supervisor were very helpful in my training and would help if needed .
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, NYJune 1, 2016
A typical day was dealing with breakdowns, paper work and making sure product was of great standard, making sure product was counted and packed properly for shipment.Management and coworkers were great people and I would work with them again. The hardest part of the job was working in a factory where heat was a huge factor. I worked 2nd shift and some nights were unbearable due to the heat. Other than that, the job was a great experience.
Pros
The people and the knowledge I gained
ok place to work
Pulper Operator (Current Employee) –  Pickens, MSAugust 24, 2015
it pays decent. the weather is a factor. its hot during the summer and cold during the winter. good benefits, 401k medical and dental insurance.
productive
former (Former Employee) –  Franklin, OHJune 23, 2014
burrows is a great place to work but the twelve hour schedule leaves u with no time for yourself or family. they are very productive the job will keep you busy. the benefits they offer kick in the first thirty days you work so that's a plus. the people are great very nice open. the management is great except for a few some are not nice and do not treat you with respect. all in all it is a great company.
Excellent workplace, all the staff and supervisors are all friendly and hard working.
Temp/Forming Department (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHDecember 17, 2013
Every day at each department has the same tasks and routines. Some days were better some days were harder depending on how the machines were operating. Everything I did and learned was very enjoyable, always kept me moving and time would always fly quickly. If hired onto the company, they treat their employees well and do what they can to show their appreciation.
Pros
set breaks/lunches, same shifts monday through friday (or swing shifts), set hours, good pay, good benefits
Cons
as for working through the temp agency, they can lay you off anytime if they don't have the appropriate amount of work to provide.
Burrows Paper
bost helper (Former Employee) –  Franklin, OHSeptember 27, 2013
it was a good place to work.they had good management getting to the workers.
Pros
had good benfits
Cons
had short breaks
Productive and fast pace work environment.
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVSeptember 6, 2013
Each day, will supervise that everything is in order and where it is suppose to be. Learned how to drive a forklift, move materials with help from the forklift and move, stack and pack produce. Good management with good communication skills and very helpful with any problems that occur. Co-workers must work in a team and listen to each other to work more productively. The hardest part of the job is when a worker must cover another worker while they take a break. The most enjoyable part of the job is when it is time for me to take my lunch break.
It was a very fast paste job.
Feeder / Packer on forming machines (Former Employee) –  Franklin, OHJanuary 31, 2013
I was put in a team of 3 people usually to run 2 machines.Had to check boxes as they form to make sure the print is good and the form. Then had to bag them and box them and toss them on a belt. We had to work together and break each other out through the night. Keep all supplies built up. At the end of the shift we had to clean the machine and the area around. Stock everything back up for the next shift.
Pros
we would get free lunches or cookouts in the summer. that was nice
Cons
in the summer it was really hot in there

Burrows Paper Corporation Reviews by Job Title