Burson-Marsteller

Burson-Marsteller Employee Reviews

Highly efficient, professional
Translator (Former Employee), Washington, DCAugust 12, 2014
Pros: creative, free spirited
Cons: tight schedule
I worked as an interpreter for foreign consultants. All staff was highly professional and educated, young staff
Fun place to work
Harold Burson Summer Intern (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 3, 2014
Great environment to work in. Everyone is extremely hard working and smart. Several employees exceed my expectations and are definitely industry leaders.
Vice President, and Practice Director, Healthcare
Vice President & Practice Director (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJuly 28, 2014
Pros: the freedom to be entrepreneurial, with the back-up of an international agency.
Cons: during my time at burson-marsteller, the economy was challenging for new business development.
Developed award-winning PR and marketing communications programs. I was given an opportunity to be an entrepreneur within one of the largest worldwide Public Relations agencies.
Good place to start out, but don't see it as a place to make a career
Senior Associate (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: taleneted, eager, friendly people
Cons: management could be more in tune with employees.
Burson is a great place to work at in the beginning of your career. They represent some of the world's most recognizable brands. You get to work with people across the country and sometimes in other countries.

Co-workers are usually pretty great -- all smart, talented and loyal. My biggest complaint would be with management -- they don't do a good job balancing what accounts employees would like to work on/where their talents lie. In addition, there isn't much training to help you learn more -- you are pretty much left to your own.
Decent job for someone with no work experience
Financial Administrator (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 12, 2014
Pros: 1 hour luch, easy work hours, room for growth
Cons: 1 hour lunch unpaid, hours are too short, advancement in title, but not pay
Not for me. Seems too relaxed, employees can't tell time. I got the job through a temp agency and horrible pay is an understatement. Taking nearly a $50,000 pay decapitation. It pains me as I have been eating fast food, feeding my dog garbage food, using candles instead of lights and biking everywhere to save on gas.
Burson-Marsteller is an excellent company
Financial Administrator (Current Employee), Santa Monica, CAAugust 2, 2013
I have really enjoyed working here. The culture is amazing. They engage in all kinds of fun off and on-site activities. Work-life balance is incredibly easy to achieve.
Cool agency
Marketing Intern (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 30, 2013
Everybody is well vetted, very smart workforce. Great agency to start out in and cool client list to choose from.
People make the difference
SAP Global Analyst (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 3, 2013
Overall I did not enjoy this job very much but it was the team I worked with that made my work days enjoyable.
Productive work place, enjoyable staff.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 20, 2013
• Provided day-to-day support to the Vice President, CFO, Managing Directors and Directors.
• Responded to internal and external correspondence in the absence of the Executives.
• Coordinated meeting schedules for Executive and Senior-level management
• Worked on financial reports for monthly and quarterly fillings.
• Created spreadsheets, presentations and correspondence for Executives and staff.
• Responsible for taking minutes at meetings, transcribed and distributed to executives.
• Maintained and reviewed client contracts.
• Maintained and prepared weekly and monthly client/billability reports.
• Worked directly for Director of Human Resources, Western Region, supporting 200+ employees.
• Processed all new hire paperwork for Western Region and conducted new hire/benefits orientation.
• Recruited exempt/non-exempt level personnel and checked references on prospective candidates.
• Provided human resources support to Western Region employees.
• Provided guidance to employees regarding HR policies and procedures.
• Direct contact for all Western Region employees for payroll, benefits and other changes.
• Coordinated training workshops.
This job wasn't as diverse as I thought it would be.
Admin. Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 26, 2012
Pros: a new industry.
Cons: a boring industry - my skills weren't being utilized.
I worked in the Healthcare Department supporting the Global Department Head and her team.

The job consisted of travel arrangements, expense reports, PowerPoint Presentations and extensive incoming/outgoing fax transmissions.
Great agency training ground
Senior Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYDecember 5, 2012
Super smart people, very driven, highly collaborative and team-oriented environment.
Exciting and Challenging
SENIOR EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT TO VICE PRESIDENT (Former Employee), Miami, FLNovember 5, 2012
Great place to work, grow and learn. The work is very challenging, but exciting at the same time. You work with a team of loyal employees and always have a support system with projects.
This company introduced me into the Mac world
Production Artist/Traffic Coordinator (Former Employee), 230 Park Avenue South New York, NY 10003-1528March 9, 2012
Pros: quality company
Cons: management change not good
Very good company with Summer Parties, Holiday events, everything to let you enjoy working for them.
Executive assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 15, 2012
Great working and learning experience. Burson-Marsteller values its employees.

About Burson-Marsteller

Burson-Marsteller is a one-stop shop for public relations services. It offers a range of related services, including advertising, – Read more