Burt's Bees Employee Reviews

good place to work
Act as back up Line Lead (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCSeptember 1, 2017
work 4/10 get 3 days off you are able to learn new positions.management and co worker are very people.the hard part of job standing 10 hrs.enjoyable part meeting new people
ok place
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCAugust 26, 2017
Good place to work, some drama on production side...management could use some education on how to manage. Wish they would have more control over their permanent employees vs temporary employees
Pros
Free lunch sometimes
Cons
Drama
morning meeting
Receptionist/Customer service (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 15, 2017
come in the morning make sure everything is set up for the morning meetings. Go to my desk make sure paper work is done for the day answering phone calls and attending to people at the same time. at the end of the day make sure all mail and packages are put away
Pros
learn something new every day
Cons
taking time off
Very productive work enviroment
Warehouse Receiving Technician (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCMay 31, 2017
I enjoyed working at Burt's Bees... The management team was excellent, they encouraged a positive work environment, and my coworkers were friendly, and hardworking.
Prodcutive and fun.
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Durham, NC 27709April 6, 2017
A typical day was getting our assignment for the day. On some days we pack product. There are other days where I inspected product and stack product on pallets. The hardest part was not knowing if you was going to work a whole shift or not work at the next day. The co workers was great and even the supervisor was great.
Pros
Coworkers and supervisor was great to work with.
Cons
Standing for long periods and hours were unpredictable.
Great breakroom ping pong table
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCAugust 16, 2016
typical warehouse work, the management is not the greatest to work for. The best part of the day was at the end of my shift. Management look out for themselves and not the employs
Pros
my co-workers
Cons
bad management team
Rapid workplace and co-workers are friendly
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCNovember 30, 2015
Very flexible with hours, friendly workplace , and management was okay. what I enjoyed most was that you had different projects to work on each day not unless it was a two day project !!
Awesome Company
Order Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCNovember 4, 2015
Burt's Bees is a great place to work! The customer service team worked well together to ensure satisfaction of all customers!
I didn't injoy Burt's bees
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCJuly 21, 2015
When I was working their they gave me a hard time but I keep working hard and do My best
I had a hard time with the language barrier
burts bees
housekeeping (Former Employee) –  morrisville ncJuly 16, 2015
i worked from 7-3 i have learned more about the house keeping and what its really all about me and my supervisor was the only team members and that turned out to be a bad experience for me. walking around the ware house with the still toes shoes was the hard part for me breaks to meet and greet with other workers of the company6
Not a fun place to work for
production associate (Current Employee) –  morrisvilleJune 10, 2015
Not a good place for anyone who has worked at top manufacturing company's with experience is a great place for someone in their teens.
Pros
4 day work week
Cons
training program is the worst
It's just a job. Nothing fancy. VERY chaotic everyday.
Filling Technician (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCApril 29, 2015
If you are a worker bee, it's very chaotic. Plans change constantly and you must just deal with it. This is not a career, just a start in manufacturing. Absolutely no career growth as promised when you start. Wouldn't recommend to anyone unless you are unemployed. I know, current employee.
Pros
4 day work week
Cons
Extremely chaotic and unorganized
very fun and interesting experience.
Kiosk sale associate (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 30, 2015
While at Burt's bees kiosk I was a key holder. I would open and close register, maintain a organized workplace, and help customers with product knowledge as well as purchases. While at there one time seasonal stand we had a great responsible team that worked together to ensure a great experience for customers as well as the company. I enjoyed the products the best working with and teaching people about herbs was a passion. I learned the importance of working together and doing my part in the work place to be sure everything would run smoothly,
Pros
The trust to work independently when appropriate
Cons
lack of healthcare
Fun atomsphere
Customer Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCMarch 26, 2015
Working at Burts was a great opportunity for me. The work was difficult but the people made it no so stressed. I enjoyed all my coworkers. The most enjoyable thing about my job was meeting such wonderful people and the culture of the business
Pros
Worked in the neighborhood
Cons
A lot of work
It's was a good place.
selector/forklift (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCMarch 16, 2015
A good work environment,pretty steady at most times,rf scanners didn't work properly all the time,overtime was available.Never missed a day and never late.The position was temporary.
Work. Get fussed at. Go home
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCDecember 18, 2014
This job was okay when I started, but things started to change. New management showed up and hounded the workers. I received little help when needed and nobody did anything about it. Work you to death, go home come back, do it again.
Ok place. Just a job not a career!
Fill tech (Current Employee) –  Durham NCOctober 23, 2014
There's definitely a lack of systems in place for training on all levels. It's a very chaotic unorganized experience from the beginning. It is a decent place to start your manufacturing career but if you have ever worked at a top mfg facility you will be very disappointed. I do not recommend this place for the long term. There is a lot of tension between groups on the floor.
Pros
4 day weeks
Cons
Health benefits, pay. Not a very team oriented atmosphere despite their best intentions
Focused on FDA Compliacy and Recycling efforts
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCAugust 30, 2014
Really focused and committed to falling in-line with FDA compliance and recycling efforts, The company is really big on natural made products and combining that with consumer goods to produce the best of both worlds.
Pros
All natural products with no real life long side effect.
Focused on FDA compliancy
Process Technician (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCAugust 30, 2014
Company that is dedicated to renewable energy sources and recycling. I learned a lot about different types of waste and how to recycle them.
Pros
Recycling efforts are really encouraged
Awesome products with awesome people!
Service Desk Manager (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJanuary 6, 2014
I came to Burt's in 2010 as a contractor and was able to be promoted to Service desk Manager in a short time. The people truly believe in giving back to the community through several organizations such as Habitat for Humanity, Durham Food Bank, and SEEDS and I'm happy to be apart of the culture.
Pros
Great teams, challenging tasks, fun atmosphere.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Burt's Bees. Our community is ready to answer.