Burt's Bees Employee Reviews

Awesome Company
Order Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCNovember 4, 2015
Burt's Bees is a great place to work! The customer service team worked well together to ensure satisfaction of all customers!
I didn't injoy Burt's bees
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCJuly 21, 2015
When I was working their they gave me a hard time but I keep working hard and do My best
I had a hard time with the language barrier
Not a fun place to work for
production associate (Current Employee) –  morrisvilleJune 10, 2015
Not a good place for anyone who has worked at top manufacturing company's with experience is a great place for someone in their teens.
Pros
4 day work week
Cons
training program is the worst
It's just a job. Nothing fancy. VERY chaotic everyday.
Filling Technician (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCApril 29, 2015
If you are a worker bee, it's very chaotic. Plans change constantly and you must just deal with it. This is not a career, just a start in manufacturing. Absolutely no career growth as promised when you start. Wouldn't recommend to anyone unless you are unemployed. I know, current employee.
Pros
4 day work week
Cons
Extremely chaotic and unorganized
very fun and interesting experience.
Kiosk sale associate (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 30, 2015
While at Burt's bees kiosk I was a key holder. I would open and close register, maintain a organized workplace, and help customers with product knowledge as well as purchases. While at there one time seasonal stand we had a great responsible team that worked together to ensure a great experience for customers as well as the company. I enjoyed the products the best working with and teaching people about herbs was a passion. I learned the importance of working together and doing my part in the work place to be sure everything would run smoothly,
Pros
The trust to work independently when appropriate
Cons
lack of healthcare
It's was a good place.
selector/forklift (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCMarch 16, 2015
A good work environment,pretty steady at most times,rf scanners didn't work properly all the time,overtime was available.Never missed a day and never late.The position was temporary.
Work. Get fussed at. Go home
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCDecember 18, 2014
This job was okay when I started, but things started to change. New management showed up and hounded the workers. I received little help when needed and nobody did anything about it. Work you to death, go home come back, do it again.
Ok place. Just a job not a career!
Fill tech (Current Employee) –  Durham NCOctober 23, 2014
There's definitely a lack of systems in place for training on all levels. It's a very chaotic unorganized experience from the beginning. It is a decent place to start your manufacturing career but if you have ever worked at a top mfg facility you will be very disappointed. I do not recommend this place for the long term. There is a lot of tension between groups on the floor.
Pros
4 day weeks
Cons
Health benefits, pay. Not a very team oriented atmosphere despite their best intentions
Focused on FDA Compliacy and Recycling efforts
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCAugust 30, 2014
Really focused and committed to falling in-line with FDA compliance and recycling efforts, The company is really big on natural made products and combining that with consumer goods to produce the best of both worlds.
Pros
All natural products with no real life long side effect.
Awesome products with awesome people!
Service Desk Manager (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJanuary 6, 2014
I came to Burt's in 2010 as a contractor and was able to be promoted to Service desk Manager in a short time. The people truly believe in giving back to the community through several organizations such as Habitat for Humanity, Durham Food Bank, and SEEDS and I'm happy to be apart of the culture.
Pros
Great teams, challenging tasks, fun atmosphere.
Team work oriented environment
KEY ACCOUNTS SHIPPING SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCAugust 18, 2013
Started the day by coming and in preparing work for direct reports and organized shipping priorities for that day. Conveyed that information to dock workers and order picking crew. In constant contact with Customer Service Dept with urgent request and issues with customer orders. Often assisted on the floor when needed as well. Helped pick and load orders when needed. Scheduled LTL and container load pickups with local and region carriers. Maintained solid working relationship with them.

I learned to use WMS systems there such as IVS and Red Prairie, as well as good time management, communication and people skills. Hardest part of the job was probably dealing with over space of the warehouse for finished goods. That would lead to occasional inventory accuracy issues. I absolutely loved my co workers. Everyone helped each other and really had a team work feel to everything. The most enjoy aspect was working with good people, getting customers their orders and having fun doing it. Management was solid and also would lend a helping hand when needed.
Pros
Free product for employees, company functions
Cons
Warehouse space
Productive Business. Great Values.
Filling/ Final Assembly Planner (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJune 24, 2013
Burt's Bees was an excellent company to work for. I started to work there when we had only one filling line. I watched this company to grow to 10 filling lines. They have great values and everyone lived them at work and at home.
Pros
we participated in Habitat for Humanity
Cons
health care
Forklift operator and line worker
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 12, 2013
Scan in products and make sure that all products are in good shape.
Stocking and stacking products in the warehouse
Pros
great company
Cons
not enough hours
Very fun place to work!
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCJanuary 23, 2013
Productive and fun place to work! Really enjoyed the daylight saving work hours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Burt's Bees. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6