Busch Entertainment Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

Exciting and entertaining workplace
Photography Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 2, 2016
Work was pretty easy, nothing too challenging. The majority of the time we are just engaging in conversations with guests, making sure theyre having a good time, and helping them with problems.
We had to scan through every picture and censor some of them, which was pretty funny. Lots of people from other countries come through and kept it interesting. I loved the people I worked with, they were very easy going. I learned how to operate and control a roller coaster camera and how to work a cash register.
There wasn't really a "hard" part of the job, it was all pretty simple.
The most enjoyable part was talking with the guests.
The only bad thing about the job was the short hours, constantly changing schedule, and it was only a seasonal job, so there were no benefits.
Easy Job
TURNSTILES HOSTESS (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAMarch 21, 2016
I was a turnstile hostess at Busch Gardens, I allowed guest entry in and out the park.. the job was extremely easy, just standing for a long period of time and the weather conditions can be hard on the body. I enjoyed my co workers and guest because I met people from China, Germany and many other places. The hardest part of the job was standing in the cold for hours at a time, and dealing with guest.
Pros
Long breaks, the benefits
Cons
management, walking a long distance
Fun Work Enviroment with some minor negatives including unfair policies
Ride operations and guest relations (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 20, 2016
This position has been a good first job after relocating. However, it is not a position I can see myself at log term as it does not offer good enough compensation or benefits. I enjoy the work most days, interacting with customers and going out of my way to assist and enrich their experience but there are rough days. The guests can be overly dramatic and hostile. This is no fault of the company it just comes with the job. There are some recent new policies involving call-ins and work restrictions that have pushed me harder in the job search. Other co-workers have left the company for these reasons.
Pros
Fun work enviroment, free tickets to parks
Cons
no benefits, low compensation, weak management, unnecessary policies
Busch gardens
Host (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 1, 2016
Its a mixed bag. Others find the place fun enjoyable. For the ones who have been there long enough see that Busch is very difficult for advancement. The fun type of employees get moved up, mostly its the brown-noseing types that get such a move. the actual hard working types find advancement as I said difficult. This company does work with you if you have a school schedule. Now as for those that are looking for full-time the only position is management. Obtaining one of those positions is a rare occurrence.
Pros
People for the most part are fun to work with.
Cons
Upper management will look for the most obsene thing to get you fired.
fun place to work
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 17, 2015
Not much movement with the company fast. Great benefits with the free admission to all the parks, makes weekends fun. Job can get boring and the customers tend to be very rude
Pros
enviorment, staff
Cons
compensation
Work environment in a theme park is pretty unique
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 17, 2016
I currently work in the Smokehouse so a typical day for me would be coming in to work, looking at the expected attendance for that day and making a game plan as to what I want to do. I learned that there is always room for improvement and that every team member is different. Management at Busch Gardens are pretty straight forward and professional. I would suggest they come and work one day in my shoes and see exactly what I have to deal with. My co-workers; most are productive, some you have to give a little push for them to get the job done because they have no enthusiasm, whatsoever. The hardest part about the job is when communication falls through and everyone is not on the same page. I enjoy meeting new people. The guests that come to Busch Gardens are from all around the world. It's interesting to talk with them and learn a little about them and where they are from.
Pros
free lunch, worked with my school schedule
Cons
no more room for advancement, no bonuses for reaching expected goals
Very fun workplace. Always something new
Cashier/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 10, 2015
I enjoyed the job very much. It taught me a lot about customer service and I got to meet people from all over the world. A typical day is just experiencing different types of people. My coworkers were very kind. The hardest part was probably dealing with the different cultures who came to visit the park.
Pros
Lots of great benefits (people, pay, etc)
Cons
Never closed
Cook 1, Catering and Event Server (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 12, 2016
Seaport Seaworld Entertainment is a great place to work. Truly respect their acknowledge of exchange student from other Countries, along with minors, just starting out in the work force. My typical day of running a prep kitchen, is to ensure all field sites maintain their needed products to sell. Working at a Theme Park, is an envy for some. The co-workers have the same happiness of being a part of this great experience. The best part of my day, is assisting guest with getting around the part, they realize that you are here, to make their day a great experience and full of memories. The hardest part of the job is not being able to enjoy the rides on a beautiful day.
Pros
Can work Seasonal
Cons
Pay is a bit low
Is a good place for a job that requires little thinking
Bartender/Cook/Stock/Field employee (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 6, 2016
It was a good job and supported me as I was in college. However, the lack of advancement of qualifies employees is frustrating. I did however, learn multiple tasks and how to give excellent customer service. The hardest part of the job was the manual labor side of the job, and having to cover for people when they called out. I greatly enjoyed the family and friends pass while employed there.
Pros
cheap lunches, great atmosphere
Cons
lack of advancement, undervalue employees, pay
current environment for Entertainment department is divisive
DIRECTOR OF PARK AND SHOW THEMING (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAAugust 7, 2016
current management is onl focused on bottom line
employees are expected to work hours in excess of 70 per week
full time hourly supervisors make more than their salaried managers because of overtime
HR department is not trustworthy
there is no longer a voice for employees in HR department
Things have drastically gone downhill since Anheuser Busch sold the parks
Pros
free park tickets, 401-K, cheap ouches
Cons
see review

Want to know more about Busch Entertainment Corporation?

Ask a question
I Enjoy helping people
Food Service Attendant & Cashier (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg , VaSeptember 8, 2015
When working at Busch Gardens anything is can happen, and its always fun and exciting to see. Never a dull moment when working with a variety of different people.
Pros
Free Admission & meeting diferent kind of people everyday
Cons
No Raises, Poor managment
great fun and entertainment for the entire family
Culinary Operations and Food Handler/Server (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAAugust 9, 2016
Excellent place to work for a fun exciting and challenging experience that will stay with you. The absolute best thing about it all in my opinion was the opportunity to meet, befriend, and work with a great diverse team of people who are truly unique, fun, and hard working. It makes it all worth the while to be apart of that experience through good and not so good moments to learn how to handle very intense or high pressure moments as well as enjoy the most exciting things about your work and present world class service. On a day to day basis lots of things can happen or change but your equip to handle it. From prep to setting up in the mornings, working through an enjoyable day, and cleaning up to shut down for the next day. Your work day is nicely planned out by generous management who strive to make your work as smooth and problem free as possible. The most challenging part of work is performing at peak hours of the day and peak season of the year. that is where working with a great team really shines and builds you up.
Pros
reduced priced lunches, free park entry and free tickets and passes
Cons
short staff moments and outside temperatures
Fun workplace but exposed to a lot of people
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAMay 14, 2016
Very dependent upon where you work and who you work with, coworkers can make the job much better or much worse. Very physical job in some areas and will prove to be a workout on busy days. My experiences with management were all positive, the only struggle was with new trainees or employees.
Pros
Employee benefits include free park admission and discounts in park
Cons
subject to outdoor weather conditions and have to work with large numbers of guests
Great company to work for
Ticket sales (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 22, 2015
They were a fun company to work for. The training was excellent and thorough. Co-workers were fun and very open. Great benefits, in regards to getting into other parks for free.
Pros
Fun, Exciting, good benefits
Cons
none really
Great job not great pay
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VANovember 25, 2015
Great job, but the pay initially is not very good. However, their is a lot of space for advancement and growth if you work hard.
Pros
great atmosphere, good people
Cons
pay is low, no overtime all hours at regular rate
Overall it's a great place to work. You meet all different types of people from all over the world.
LEADERSHIP TEAM MEMBER (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAJune 13, 2016
There is a great opportunity for young people to meet internationals through the international work studies program. It gives local high school students a place to work from spring through Christmas.
Pros
A place to meet new people.
Cons
There can be long hours when the park is in short staff.
Work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 11, 2016
Working at Busch Gardens may seem like fun, but it really isn't. You're there to work, not to have fun. As a cashier for outside food stands, a typical day at work is busy and hot, but shouldn't stop you from making the guests happy. The management is great, and the co-workers are great team members.
Pros
Cheap employee meal, 30% discount, free parking, free admission
Cons
Hot
My Review of Busch Gardens
Cashier/Hostess (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAApril 25, 2015
A typical day at work would be to come in, get your till, set up your register and then time manage between checking out guests and stocking with fellow team members. The most important thing I learned is how to give outstanding customer service. All of my coworkers were beneficial and productive parts of the team that I enjoyed working with. The hardest part of my job were some of the long shifts I had to work on school nights. The most enjoyable part of my job was the break area that had a lot of treats for the team members and the friendships I formed with my fellow team members.
Pros
Benefits, free uniforms, employee discount, nice break areas
Cons
Long shifts
Very productive
Culinary Cashier Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAApril 11, 2016
Working at busch gardens is very interesting job. During my five years Ive learned how to work with so many personalities and ways of doing things to become more productive.The hardest part of this jo is being away from your children for basically the entire day because by the time you get home you miss the entire day and they are already in bed. The most enjoyable part is meeting new people and having a positive affect on them.
Great Benefits
Food Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 5, 2016
Working at Busch Gardens was by far my favorite job. One issue is that they hire almost exclusively for seasonal employees. If you can afford to have down time it's not a bad thing but I had to move on to something more reliable. I made it all the way to work on several occasions just to be told I wasn't needed that day.

Busch Entertainment Corporation Reviews by Location