Busch Entertainment Corporation Employee Reviews

Tomorrow will be different
ride attendant (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAAugust 15, 2015
When working at Busch Gardens anything is can happen, and its always fun and exciting to see. Never a dull moment when working with a variety of different people.
Pros
Cheap food
Cons
Working in heat
Fun and joyful place to work if looking to develop career choice
Entertainment Technician II (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 13, 2015
A typical day at work would be swiping my ID to clock in, leave lunch in the fridge and go turn on sound. half hour after testing speakers, microphones IR machine, DVD recorder, Lighting and Qlab software, proceed to play atmospheric music and wait until 15 minutes before the start of the first show. eight minutes into show, start calling time before preshow music starts. show starts and mix sound for live belly dancing show. on second track, mix lighting by hand because rest of the show is fully automated. opening and closing of curtains depending on cues. after the show, play announcements and stay for meet and greet. after meet and greet is done, stop recording, finalize the first show because performers use it for constructive criticism and better of overall show.
Pros
show business in a themepark!
Cons
not enough full time employment opportunities
Fun Workplace
Cashier Cheetah Snacks Charts (Former Employee) –  Cheetah HuntAugust 11, 2015
I love working here because of my work mate family and people I meet each day. There some people that nice and not but over all you meet them and know their attitude and culture. Judging them is not good. Understanding is most better thing for them :)
Pros
Free Meal Voucher
Cons
Overtime
Good part time job for younger people
Operator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 1, 2015
do not really value the employees and promotions give very minimal pay raises, you will only make good money with several promotions
Pros
good breaks, cheap food, free admission
Cons
low pay, little opportunity to advance
Fun environment
Admissions Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 31, 2015
I deal with large sum of money during the day. I handle transactions anywhere from $5.35 to over $1,000. I help over 50 guest on a typical day at the park.
Customer service relations
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg VAJuly 29, 2015
Sell advanced tickets at ticket booth, assist in other areas of the park when help was needed. Moved enterance line forward, worked at kiosk machine,
An exciting place to work for
Games attendant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 24, 2015
Every day is different at Busch Gardens. Although most positions are seasonal, the company offers a fun environment with both guests and employees alike.
Pros
Access to the park and free park tickets
Cons
It is difficult to move into higher positions
Great experience
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAJuly 15, 2015
Great company to work for very fun and positive experience everyday. The staff and employee are very friendly helpful and knowledgeable of various position throughout the park.
Games Host (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 10, 2015
Hours were great and thanks to their international programs, you can meet new people from around the world. Days there were always entertaining. Co-workers were more like friends which made working at Busch Gardens more fun.
Pros
Occasional free lunches, culture, entertaining
Cons
Working outside
Fun place to work
Education Department Serengeti Tour Guide (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 5, 2015
Most positions are part time and can be very demanding.

Long, seasonal hours. Difficult weather conditions. Multi-cultural and often difficult to communicate safety needs.
However, they are very organized and co workers are often great!
You are all in same boat!
Pros
TICKETS!
Cons
Bad weather, short term work
Hard working
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAJuly 5, 2015
Good pay, but you must earn it. Working 40+ hours a week in the middle of july outside isnt the best but it is manageable. The management staff is always not the best do to the lack of experience and knowledge. Overall not a bad organization to work for.
Fun and team based work
Entertainment Technician II (Current Employee) –  TampaJuly 2, 2015
In the Entertainment department i gotten to work with many like minded people on jobs that are both challenging and rewarding.
Pros
Can get free tickets to most amusement type attractions in Florida
always on the go
server (Former Employee) –  William, WVJune 29, 2015
meeting customers need , sastifying the customers and their concerns , handling money & cashier , cooking french fries and preparing the deserts
Pros
long breaks
Cons
clients
Busch Gardens
Seasonal Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 24, 2015
Busch Gardens employment is very difficult. It is incredibly easy to get a seasonal job with them but incredibly hard to move on to part-time, and even harder to get a full-time position. They compensate their employees very well with a competitive starting rate, free passes to their parks, and free entry almost any day to their parks with your Busch Gardens ID.
It can be a very fun job, but during the off season it can be a little boring, some of the supervisors allow you to bring books or newspapers to read while the park is not that busy. The only complaint I really have is that there is a very far chance for advancement if you don't know the right people and the hours are almost impossible to regulate.
Pros
Free Passes, Free Entry to Parks, 30% off prices at stores and restaurants
Cons
Bad hours, Hard to advance.
Fun work environment
Refuse operator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 24, 2015
I loved the job, the people and the overall experience here.
I would have stayed if full time position were available and benefits.
Pros
Hours were very flexible, Supervisor and Managers were excellent to work for, loved my coworkers
Cons
No health care for part time employees
Demanding hours and tasks, but overall a great experience
Merchandise and Photo Sales Clerk (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAJune 18, 2015
Co-workers are friendly and entertaining as well as guests. We are exposed to weather and climate elements, can be very hot/cold. Difficult tending to guests viewing photos, while managing and selling products, while pushing sales, while tending to the electronic burner for DVDs and/or photos. Teaches one to be quick on their feet, flexible, and constantly moving.
Pros
reduced meal prices, complimentary tickets, discounts on goods, free general parking, free access to park
Cons
short breaks, demanding hours, low pay in comparison to tasks required
excellent place to help build my customer service skills
Cashier/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAJune 17, 2015
I work in the largest restaurant in the park, so I have the opportunity to talk to many guests throughout the course of the day, every day. Sometimes it is difficult to talk to guests, because they're frustrated about the quality of the food, or how one of my coworkers or I have behaved towards them. It is also difficult to work with coworkers who are controlling and want to get their way. But, these things are what have made me a better rounded worker, because it has taught me problem solving skills, and not everyone has the same ideas as me. I like working at Busch Gardens because I do work with so many different people, and get to see so many types of people throughout the course of the day. Hearing all of their stories are interesting. Being able to do activities outside of work with the friends I have met at work is the thing I like best about this experiance.
Pros
employee nights -- getting to spend time with coworkers and ride roller coasters
Cons
poor management sometimes -- concerns of entry level workers are not always fixed
Was a Great Place for Veterans
Stage Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 15, 2015
In the beginning, Busch Gardens was a wonderful place to work as a veteran under the Busch's family leadership. Would love to work for the Busch Family again.
Pros
A fun place to work
Cons
Undefined new policy made it difficult to follow what were the priorities.
Exciting place to work, a very friendly environment
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAJune 11, 2015
My day started like this, we would load up our truck to make deliveries throughout the park, my coworkers were very friendly and fun to be around, even management was good
Great Starter job, fun benefits
Culinary Attendant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VirginiaJune 4, 2015
Busch Gardens Williamsburg was my first job and taught me some core values. I was instilled the values of customer service, hardwork, and enjoying working with and for people. The hardest part was during the summer we would sometimes get bumrushed, but the most enjoyable part was seeing the people leave the shop satisfied as we closed at the end of the day.
Pros
Atmosphere, Food, Coworkers
Cons
Sometimes there was poor organization.