Busch Entertainment Corporation Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 8, 2017
Loved the benefits of being able to go into Seaworld and Busch gardens for free. Benefits for friends and families were good as well. Passes came once you hit 6 months an employee
Seasonal Employment
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAApril 5, 2017
Overall, Busch Gardens was a very good job. A beautiful place, with a really upbeat atmosphere for the most part. The hours varied depending on the season. Over the spring and fall we were only open weekends so you could only get about twenty hours. However, over the Summer you can get almost forty hour weeks.
Very productive employer and a great place to work
Seaworld Entertaiment (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAApril 3, 2017
My typical day at work is working with customers. I've learned that working and communicating as a team helps to maintain good working relationships. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people.
Pros
free entry to the park
Theme Park
Scare Actor (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAApril 1, 2017
This theme park is a wonderment to the eyes. Well worth the trip to visit the most beautiful theme park in the US. With excellent workers who are always helpful to the inspiring entertainment this is a great place to visit and work.
Well Paid job
Cashier/Server (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAMarch 31, 2017
Great Job Pays very well and give you desired hours when needed plus they are flexible with your schedule You interact with different types of people and they provide lunch
Cons
Having to pay for the lunch
Very fun environment
Park Operations Team Member (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 30, 2017
This job is not stressful at all. In fact, it's a very fun environment. The only negative is that if you're outside you may die in the heat and it does not pay much.
Great summer job
Area Host (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAMarch 29, 2017
It's the great company. The CEO and high rank position always come meet the team members and very down to earth. You will feel like one big family. We are always fun and happy but when it's time to work, everybody take it serious, do their best.
Pros
Meet a lot of people, good benefit
Cons
Not an all year long job.
Fun work enviroment, good work life balance.
Materials Handler / Water Country Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAMarch 28, 2017
I have worked with Busch off and on for many years as a material handler. Though the pay isn't much, and it's more meant as a job for someone in college, or high school, it's still a lot of fun and you will learn a lot, as well as make many friends.
Fun place to work but horrible management
Park Ops Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 25, 2017
Fun place to work but horrible management. Loved working there and interacting with the guests to make sure they get all of their questions answered. Management was horrible in the area I worked in. One boss over my supervisor always wrote me up for no reason. I even had fellow coworkers vouch for me doing all my duties, didn't even matter to the boss. I was moved from one line of duty to another because I sprained my wrist working on a ride, even though I could still operate the rides with one arm. You get your schedule every 2 weeks, making it hard to have a social life after work. Long hours in the beginning then then decrease very much. Breaks are very short. But it is nice to go to the parks for free and get discounted tickets/passes for friends and family. Pay is not very much for the long hours hey want you to work.
Pros
Discounted tickets/passes, free admission, discount on food and drinks
Cons
Short breaks, horrible management, not enough pay, no medical benefits
Great theme park job
Entertainer (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAMarch 20, 2017
A great enjoyable job if you are looking to be an entertainer. There are plenty of roles open in vocals, dancing, instruments, and acting that they look for. The staff is awesome while the seasons are up and running.
Pros
Exciting oppurtunities, up beat, fun, great perks
Cons
Lack of communication in the off seasons, long hours (if that bothers you)
Fun to work here
Food Service Attendant and Facility Trainer (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAMarch 15, 2017
It is a fun place to work as long as you let yourself have fun. Can be very stressful at times with both co workers and management. They pay good and it can be lots of fun. Depending on where you work, everywhere has its on niche, and everyone (at least for the restaurants) has a family in their workplace.
Pros
fun, compensation and pay, long breaks
Cons
long work hours
Fun and easy going place to work
Cashier/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 14, 2017
A normal day at this job requires you to work with a multitude of different types of people which can make or break your day. That can happen anywhere you work though but at Busch Gardens it can make it pretty enjoyable. Your coworkers are also usually friendly and very reliable when you need them. Sadly, if its a slow day, it can get very boring while waiting around for a customer but it can be a good time to get to know your coworkers, clean the area around you and even organize your work space if need be. Thankfully, the best part of the job is actually being able to work with people from all over the world that come to the park just to have fun and relax with friends and family.
Pros
Discounts, free entry to the park with extra tickets, fun environment
Cons
sometimes slow, short breaks
Long Days
Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAMarch 14, 2017
The good thing about working at the Busch Gardens is you get seasonal passes and you can get in the park for free. You want a lot of hours they will give it to you and the pay is very good,
Great diversity and a positive work atmosphere.
Inventory Stocker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 13, 2017
While working at Busch Gardens I was able to not only engage with customers from around the world but also with fellow employees from different back ground and walks of life. While working in a positive work atmosphere I was able to grow my skills as a intake stocker while also providing world class customer service to our guest.
Pros
Work environment
Cons
Shortening of hours
fun place
Server (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 7, 2017
Busch Gardens was a fun place to work. You get to meet different people from different countries it was never a dull moment while working at this place.
Fun place to work
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 6, 2017
Was very fun working there. I really didnt have to do much. The park can become very packed sometimes and get busy and hot. IThe management becomes like family and this company is always willing to work around your schedule.
Pros
everything. Love my long breaks and free food.
A wonderful time at Busch Gardens with family and friends
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAMarch 5, 2017
Beautiful place. Christmas Town is amazing. Co-workers are nice. Always fun meeting new guest and helping them. If you are a season pass holder it's fun everyday and have free parking. The have some amazing large roller coaster and good food. The talent show is always interesting.
Pros
Wonderful co-workers
Fun place to work, excellent workplace
Staff/Cook (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAFebruary 27, 2017
Excellent workplace to begin with, an the same for the management as well the colleagues. You will get to learn the value time, hard-work, patience and teamwork.
Communication is Key
Ent. III- Technical Temporary/ Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 26, 2017
Busch Gardens is a good place to get your foot in the door, but tricky to move up in the career ladder. A majority of the positions are seasonal or temporary therefor providing little to no benefits.

The staff I worked with were all very kind but lacked in communication at times. This is understandable with the extremely fast paced working area but you cannot leave someone in charge whom isn't fully trained in the task assigned. Multiple times property and even employees were lost do to misunderstanding.

The hardest part of the job was catching up with timelines that fell behind do to the ever changing workplace and co-workers. You can't keep a steady nor quick pace when you have to keep teaching new people what to do. Of course property will get misplaced when someone else is putting it back that didn't remove it in the first place!

I love being part of a grander design. I enjoy seeing my work joined with others to create the greater picture. Knowing my work was viewed and appreciated by the park's guests made me happy.
Pros
Usually consistant hours and shift times, friendly environment, viewing the final products as a whole
Cons
Miscommunication, shift in employment, lack of space
Customers
Food Service Attendant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 23, 2017
A good day at work was when i went beyond and overboard for a customer this customer was being so patient with me and so understanding and then their was this mean customer who I did not let ruin my day. The managers were quite nice sometimes. The hardest part was nothing. The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with the customers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Busch Entertainment Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Busch Entertainment Corporation Reviews by Location