Busch Entertainment Corporation Employee Reviews

It was exciting
Team Member (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 22, 2015
Typical day was going in on weekends and going into rushes with people who always thought they were going to be late for shows but there were also really nice people with interesting stories that you get to indulge in if it was a slow day.
Howl-O-Scream 2013
Scare Actor (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: free entrance to park during the day, great discounts
Cons: not an annual position
Awesome place to work.
Scaring people and staying in character whenever in public areas.
Fast paced and fun.
Physically demanding - some costumes were heavy.
Being a "Sub" was the best, because I was assigned to one Scare Zone or Haunted House for the duration of the event. I was something different almost every night.
Awesome fun and exciting place to work
Unit Supervisor (Former Employee), Tampa Bay, FLJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: employee incentives always
Cons: didn't have any cons
Busch Gardens was an awesome place to work. It was upbeat and treated its employees fairly. Always something new to do and learn. Also being a Unit Supervisor was awesome because they always ad training classes for us to go to, to ensure we bettered ourselves within the company.
Fun place to work
Show Grill Casier/Food Service Attendant. (Current Employee), Williamsburg, VAJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: fun work environment, benifits.
The typical day at work was varied. If my supervisors needed me to come in early I would with no problem. The earliest I had to come in was 9:00am. The work was time consuming but not hard. Once done The Show Grill, outside of Trapper's Smokehouse, had to be ready by 1:45, that means all food needed to be out and ready to be cooked on the grill, the fire had to be already started 15-20 minuets prior – more... to opening, cashiers, including myself, had to already have our tills counted out and set into the register 30 minuets prior to opening. The management style was a mix of the supervisors checking on us making sure we are following the rules and to make sure we all had breaks, and for us as a team to make sure we had all the supplies i.e. food, cups, plates, drinks, and to make the grill presentable i.e. no trash on the ground, no dishes behind the grill, wood stacked up neatly, all surfaces behind the grill clean, and crates for the bottled drinks out of site for the customers. The co-workers at the grill and inside the Smokehouse are a joy to work with. The hardest part is to clean the Show Grill, this includes drinks set into the crates and put away, the tub that we put the drinks must be dumped of all ice inside, the beer kegs must be taken out and put away, the drink/beer stand must be wiped off and cleaned, the countertops behind the grill must be wiped off and sprayed, the floor has to be swept before degreaser is applied to the floor and sprayed off, and above the grill must have degreaser applied and wiped off. The most enjoyable part of the job is the job itself, you get to work with awesome people, the work environment within Busch Gardens Williamsburg as a whole allows you to have fun and not that many places have that, and yes the work is hard but you know at the end of the day it was all worth it. – less
A good start to work envirinment
Food Service Cashier (Former Employee), Williamsburg, VAJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: long breaks
Cons: working you very hard
long breaks
co workers are manageable
just a great environment for your first job
Bucsh Gardens
Security Guard (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: great co workers free tickets to multiply places
Cons: horrible management and a lot of politics
Busch gardens is a nice place to work and has a wonderful staff and great people working there through out the park. Great benefits like tickets and passes for family. I just do not like how that to move up in the company you have to be great friends with management and if you do not have the opportunity to be around management.
Fun and entertaining
Facility Supervisor (Culinary Operations) (Current Employee), Williamsburg, VAJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: employees free admission to parks, guest passes and discounts
Cons: short breaks
runs on the mind-set of being kidsiderate and guest focus. greeting everyone that passes by and always ready to lend a helping hand.
I learned how to adapt with many people
hardest part is detail cleaning everything else is pretty much easy and straight forward.
the most enjoyable is meeting many different people whether as co-workers or the guest enjoying their time at the part.
People oriented business with flexible work schedule
o Control Analysis Supervisor (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 5, 2015
Who wouldn't love working at a theme park. My co-workers were like family. I was provided great benefits and a flexible work schedule. Management provided everything I needed to accomplish my job.
Fun workplace and a good learning experience
Guest Relations (Customer Service) (Former Employee), Williamsburg, VAJanuary 5, 2015
Selling tickets and Interacted effectively with customers and associates in support of company goals and objectives. Also how to sell products that we provide.
Fun and challenging work place
Stage Manager (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: kind people, informative managers, great work culture
I loved working here! The people were so incredibly informative and nice. My position was challenging but in the best way. Probably the best place to work in Florida!
Wonderful, great people to work with.
Rhythm/Lead Guitarist (Former Employee), Williamsburg, VADecember 31, 2014
Busch Gardens as a whole knows exactly what it's doing as a company. There needs to be more!
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Tampa, FLDecember 15, 2014
Pros: free tickets
Cons: sometimes no breaks
Everyday was Different, I Served Food and helped guests choosed what they would like to eat then i would handle the cash, they supervisers was very nice and easy going if you didnt know what do do or how to set up your station
Nice place to work
Ride Operator and Attendant (Former Employee), Newport News, VADecember 12, 2014
Pros: free access into the park, inexpensive lunches, complimentary tickets for family members
Cons: located beside an interstate so traffic becomes a huge issue
Busch Gardens is a nice place to work because of it's friendly environment and its great benefits. It is a great first job, a real kick start into the working working world.
operating roller coasters
Operations (Former Employee), Tampa, FLDecember 6, 2014
Pros: never bored
Cons: always standing and moving
working at Busch gardens was different and kind of hot. although it was in alot of different weather changes
Fun and Productive place to work
Sales Clerk (Former Employee), Tampa, FLNovember 8, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job, was being able to enter the park for free. We could come on our days off, or after our shifts to enjoy the rides, live shows, and view the animals.
So much fun
Team member (Former Employee), Tampa, FLNovember 3, 2014
I have never loved a company more than Busch Gardens. They are like a second family to me. If I could, I would have liked to have continue to move up in the company. The people are great. Management is great. Everything is great.
Ride Attendant
Ride Attendant (Former Employee), Williamsburg, VANovember 3, 2014
My job was a ride attendant which consists of assisting guests on and off the ride in a safe and timely manner. The main goal was to satisfy the customers by ensuring they had the best time on their visit to Busch Gardens.
Worst management, no realistic opportunities for advancement, for single people only
Entertainment Technician II (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Tampa, FLOctober 28, 2014
Pros: lots of ways to build your skill set, always work to do, great way to beef up a resume
Cons: management works for themselves, little guys get no say, long hours with barely a break, never properly supplied to get the job done, often end up weeks behind schedule
They toss you around here. You might start your first week on days only, only to be moved to overnight install immediately after with no time to adjust. Learning to drive the machinery is very fun and rewarding especially since on property you don't need a certification. Tons of walking required. In a single day you might walk around 10-20 miles. This job is not for the weak and requires the ability – more... to lift at least 150 lbs.

Management will bury you if they feel you have ideas that differ from theirs. They have this idea that they are always right and the guys doing the grunt work wouldn't know anything about grunt work. Everyone there has that "I don't care if it's doing it the harder way if it's the cheaper way" attitude. Most times that means hazardous working conditions.

STAY AWAY. YOU WILL GET INJURED WORKING HERE. FREQUENTLY. – less
Energetic enviroment, flexible scheduling
Photography Specialist (Current Employee), Williamsburg VirginiaOctober 24, 2014
Seaworld Entertainment is a excellent place to work. The employees are always energetic and willing to work. Advancement opportunities and benefits are wonderful.
Dysfunctional Family
Morning Prep (Former Employee), Tampa, FLOctober 23, 2014
Pros: free entry to busch gardens, adventure island, seaworld, aquatica, universal orlando, and many many others
Cons: manager drama, low pay/hours, safety comes second
I would go in around 2am and leave around 8:30am. I either pressure washed the sidewalk, cleaned firework debris during the seasons, or drove a sweeper truck through the parking lots. Management there was laughable. My boss had been with the company for 6 months before getting transferred to our department as a supervisor with no knowledge of the department while some of my supervisors who were passed – more... up had been there for 4yrs, 7yrs, and 22yrs. Part-timers also couldn't exceed 28 hours IF you even got that many. My co-worker were the only reason I didn't leave sooner. Very tight-nit family. The hardest park of the job was the pressure washing; the job itself is easy, but at-work injuries were common because of a lack of safety equipment with the big machines. I enjoyed seeing the park empty and at night though. A lot of my co-workers said they knew all of the ghosts in the park. I would dismiss anything that seemed strange as just faulty. – less