Busch Entertainment Corporation Employee Reviews

sales clerk
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 14, 2016
Tally the total for the merchandise and accept payment for the items
Change floor or window displays and install the appropriate signage to reflect changes in merchandise
Manage time, multi-task, problem solve, work as part of a team, and handle pressure
Exciting place to work at!
Food Service Cashier (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, VADecember 13, 2016
I come into work and prepare food and set up before the actual section of my area opens at Busch Gardens. Management at Busch is very good with keeping in touch with team members and letting us know about training's and things that are happening. The most enjoyable part of the job is keeping the guess happy and making sure they leave with a smile on their face!
Pros
Free tickets and parking
Cons
N/a
Just like any other company
Games Operator/Entertainer (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VADecember 9, 2016
It was just a part-time job, it was fine, the staff areas were comfortable and clean, the benefits were nice, the management was fair, the pay was decent, overall decently understanding. Though there was one termination I witnessed that I didn't think was valid, they thought an employee was stealing because his til had been off only twice, and less than $10, mind you, and he was let go the second time. I feel like it was a mistake, I could be wrong, but I doubt very much he was stealing, it seemed like a very corporate way to go about things.
great place to work
Cook (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VADecember 4, 2016
it was a great to work. there was nice there that i work with and lots of communication. each job was easy to learn. you also get properly trained. time goes by fast when you're working hard.
Fun work environment
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VADecember 2, 2016
The job was pretty easy after I got adjusted to it. I worked rides, so sometimes it was difficult to deal with guests. Some guests were really mean or annoyed when they couldn't get on a ride, so it's important to not take it personally.
Pros
Free and discounted tickets
Cons
working in extreme temperatures
High School Job
Assistant Unit Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 1, 2016
I enjoyed my time here. The work environment is fun and the people you meet keeps the boredom away. The work is not difficult and require some attention to detail.
it was fun but i was not ready.
Rides Attendant & Area Host (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VANovember 30, 2016
busy
learned to clean and keep guests safe
co-workers were very nice
hardest part would be keeping focus
I enjoyed working with other employees
Productive workplace
Culinary Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VANovember 29, 2016
This was a very enjoyabe job that had alot to offer. It was a great opertunity for anyone looking for an internship. there is alot going on day to day that you must be prepared to deal with however, thats all preperation for things to come.
very fun enviornment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 28, 2016
the supervisors are easy to get along with very fast paced and fun environment. the best part of my day was enjoying some of the snack cart foods.
Love it
Field Cart team member (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 28, 2016
A very great company to work for. Hours are flexible, atmosphere is amazing because you're surrounded by a bunch of different ethnicity from different cities and states and lots of benefits! Overall Busch gardens has been the best company I have ever worked for! I highly recommend.
Pros
Free tickets and admission to any theme park that Busch Gardens own!
Cons
Lots of bumble bees
Enjoyed night shift
Acting supervisor, grounds maintenance (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 21, 2016
I worked nights as a sweeper truck operator during a 28 hour work week, scheduled employees as the acting supervisor and learned computer skills as the job required. I kept the pressure washers operational by making small repairs when needed. I seldom met with management due to the night shift, however the immediate supervisor relationship was excellent. I enjoyed the work & fellow employees very much. We worked as a team which made the work pleasant.
Pros
Late shift work
Cons
Full time employment was not available with many job cuts.
Productive and fun environment
Cashier/Customer Service/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Tampa Bay, FLNovember 17, 2016
A typical work day would consist of working the register, checking stock and inventory, gaining customer rapport, and selling different products.

Learned how to open and close different gift shops.
Different selling techniques to make store quota.
Giving customers the help and satisfaction they deserve.

Management is alright. There are some issues with scheduling and certain people not doing their jobs on a timely manner.

Coworkers are wonderful to work with. Each person has their own personality and they are easy to get to know.

Hardest part of the job is working the stock and inventory, as well as handling busy hours.

Most enjoyable part of the job is making a customer smile.
Pros
Access to parks, paid breaks, employee benefits
Cons
Not enough hours
Awesome place to work
Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 16, 2016
Love working there, Awesome Employer. I can honestly say I loved working here I will be definitely returning someday. They treat their employees with the utmost respect.
Benefits
Cons
Dealing with ever changing Florida weather
productive work place good benefits
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 15, 2016
coworkers were very nice and friendly. that was the mist enjoyable part of the job meeting new coworkers . management was cool but sometimes they would not schedule you all the time
Bonuses
Guest relations, park operator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 11, 2016
Working here is hard coz your working on a theme park where there first concern is safety, and we really watch every single customer who come here and that's really hard, while we work, we work with the sun, we absurd the heat, then I realized Florida is the hottest state in America hahaha, muslin got sunburns and really hot workinh under the sun but fun working here, there's slot of kids Every single day, but I easily got sick so I quit coz of the heat
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Overtimes
great employer
Team Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 7, 2016
the work is not too difficult, there is autonomy in the pace of work, the leaders are personal and effective, the coworkers are easy to get along with
Pros
benefits, breaks and effective leaders
Cons
outside work
A day at the park!
CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, VANovember 3, 2016
Its constantly busy so your day goes by fast and if you love people this is definitely the place to be! Management listens to you and works with you and your needs.
Educational and fun place love the animals
Food Line Server (Former Employee) –  Busch Gardends tampaNovember 3, 2016
Its a wonderful place to learn about different animals and enjoy the different types of rides and tours.My coworkers are great they love what they do at work .
Pros
all you can eat wirst-bands great coupons
Cons
weather sometimes electrical problems
Terribly run!
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 2, 2016
HR has no idea what they are doing. Management is a joke and the communication is awful. I wouldn't not recommend working there.
Cons
Fun and enjoyful can be boring
Ride Operator and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 31, 2016
Weekends are fast paced, week days are slow so they're kind of boring to work, unless it's a break from school then it's busy all week long with up to 15k+ guest in the park, saturdays are the busiest day with around 20k+ on average. Overall it's a great place to work but it can be very boring throughout the day. They don't update your schedule until the Friday before, Your constantly left in the dark until the day of most of the time. For instance sometimes a ride will be opening early but you wont be told until the day of.
Pros
Free tickets
Cons
They majorly cut hours during off season

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Busch Entertainment Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Busch Entertainment Corporation Reviews by Location