Busch Entertainment Corporation

Busch Entertainment Corporation Employee Reviews

Nice place to work
Ride Operator and Attendant (Former Employee), Newport News, VADecember 12, 2014
Pros: free access into the park, inexpensive lunches, complimentary tickets for family members
Cons: located beside an interstate so traffic becomes a huge issue
Busch Gardens is a nice place to work because of it's friendly environment and its great benefits. It is a great first job, a real kick start into the working working world.
operating roller coasters
Operations (Former Employee), Tampa, FLDecember 6, 2014
Pros: never bored
Cons: always standing and moving
working at Busch gardens was different and kind of hot. although it was in alot of different weather changes
Fun and Productive place to work
Sales Clerk (Former Employee), Tampa, FLNovember 8, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job, was being able to enter the park for free. We could come on our days off, or after our shifts to enjoy the rides, live shows, and view the animals.
So much fun
Team member (Former Employee), Tampa, FLNovember 3, 2014
I have never loved a company more than Busch Gardens. They are like a second family to me. If I could, I would have liked to have continue to move up in the company. The people are great. Management is great. Everything is great.
Ride Attendant
Ride Attendant (Former Employee), Williamsburg, VANovember 3, 2014
My job was a ride attendant which consists of assisting guests on and off the ride in a safe and timely manner. The main goal was to satisfy the customers by ensuring they had the best time on their visit to Busch Gardens.
Worst management, no realistic opportunities for advancement, for single people only
Entertainment Technician II (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Tampa, FLOctober 28, 2014
Pros: lots of ways to build your skill set, always work to do, great way to beef up a resume
Cons: management works for themselves, little guys get no say, long hours with barely a break, never properly supplied to get the job done, often end up weeks behind schedule
They toss you around here. You might start your first week on days only, only to be moved to overnight install immediately after with no time to adjust. Learning to drive the machinery is very fun and rewarding especially since on property you don't need a certification. Tons of walking required. In a single day you might walk around 10-20 miles. This job is not for the weak and requires the ability to lift at least 150 lbs.

Management will bury you if they feel you have ideas that differ from theirs. They have this idea that they are always right and the guys doing the grunt work wouldn't know anything about grunt work. Everyone there has that "I don't care if it's doing it the harder way if it's the cheaper way" attitude. Most times that means hazardous working conditions.

STAY AWAY. YOU WILL GET INJURED WORKING HERE. FREQUENTLY.
Energetic enviroment, flexible scheduling
Photography Specialist (Current Employee), Williamsburg VirginiaOctober 24, 2014
Seaworld Entertainment is a excellent place to work. The employees are always energetic and willing to work. Advancement opportunities and benefits are wonderful.
Dysfunctional Family
Morning Prep (Former Employee), Tampa, FLOctober 23, 2014
Pros: free entry to busch gardens, adventure island, seaworld, aquatica, universal orlando, and many many others
Cons: manager drama, low pay/hours, safety comes second
I would go in around 2am and leave around 8:30am. I either pressure washed the sidewalk, cleaned firework debris during the seasons, or drove a sweeper truck through the parking lots. Management there was laughable. My boss had been with the company for 6 months before getting transferred to our department as a supervisor with no knowledge of the department while some of my supervisors who were passed up had been there for 4yrs, 7yrs, and 22yrs. Part-timers also couldn't exceed 28 hours IF you even got that many. My co-worker were the only reason I didn't leave sooner. Very tight-nit family. The hardest park of the job was the pressure washing; the job itself is easy, but at-work injuries were common because of a lack of safety equipment with the big machines. I enjoyed seeing the park empty and at night though. A lot of my co-workers said they knew all of the ghosts in the park. I would dismiss anything that seemed strange as just faulty.
wonderful work place
Warehouse/ Field Associate/ Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Tampa, FLOctober 21, 2014
Pros: working inside the park
Cons: hard work
load and unload trucks, in shipping and receiving, I learned how to drive forklifts , cherry picker, communicate with a verity of people. my management was wonderful to work and learn from, loading and unloading trucks was hard because you half to no the right place to put the merchdise .meeting people from all over the world.
GREAT
Cashier (Former Employee), Tampa, FLOctober 12, 2014
•a typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job
fun place to work
Customer service (Former Employee), Williamsburg, VAOctober 11, 2014
Pros: good tm
Cons: short breaks
clock in and give great customer service met people from all over the world
bad first job
waitress (Former Employee), Southgate, MIOctober 3, 2014
in the individual a&w i worked at the managment was highly unfair and rude, the employees werent friendly and i dreaded working
fun place to work
cashier (Current Employee), williamsburgSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: discounts
Cons: no holiday pay, no benifits, too early of a break
The Co workers are fun the managing is terrible the hardest part is the guest they get mad when things aren't your fault like complain that they are no lids for cups
Wonderful place to work.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Clayton, MOSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: benefits were great, culture was wonderful.
Cons: new management.
The Company really strived on being a family. Since InBev took over, I do not have anything to add for this review, as I do not know.
Overall a good company to work for.
Ticket sales (Current Employee), Williamsburg, VASeptember 3, 2014
Pros: helping people
Cons: not helping enough and the person leaving me less happy.
A typical day at work consists of me selling tickets to guests as they come to the park. I learned how to use the computer system to be able to sell tickets. The management in my department is good for criticism constructive and destructive. They are very consistent with being able to help with issues and easy to go to if there is an issue. The co-workers are a really good part of my job, the people I work with are nice and helpful when help is needed. I really like the people I work with. The hardest part of my job is upsetting the customers. There are always going to be upset customers when in the customer service industry, however, I like helping them more than not. The most enjoyable part of my job is being with other people. Either helping the guests, talking and working with co-workers or walking through the park in uniform and watching the people interactions, they are all an eye-opening experiences.
A fun place to work
Photo sales clerk (Former Employee), Tampa, FloridaAugust 19, 2014
A typical day at work would consist of meeting people from all over the world, learning new languages, and cultures. I learned that many people have different beliefs and we have to respect everyone's beliefs. I learned punctuality and how to work well with others. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing the smiling faces of the kids once they had rode the roller coaster.
Fun and well-managed workplace
Culinary cashier (Former Employee), Williamsburg, VAAugust 18, 2014
I worked for Busch Gardens' culinary department for three seasons. It was my first job ever and I loved it. A typical day would include preparing food before we opened, setting up the restaurant and making sure everything was neat and organized for our guests. We always expected a large lunch rush every day between 1and 5. We stayed busy and had fun working as well. I learned so much while working there. I learned about food preparation, food safety, customer interaction, and gained a lot of respect for amusement park employees. It looks like a fun job but we put in a lot of hard work and attention – more... to make sure our guests have a fun and safe visit. I appreciated the management team at the restaurant I worked at. They always thanked us for our hard work and they paid attention to everything we did. There was a lot of respect between the managers, supervisors, and team members. I was lucky to work with such an energetic, cooperative, and fun group of coworkers. We always made sure everyone stayed on track and did their job. Friendships were created throughout the time I worked there. The job itself was not hard. Yes, we had our really busy days on the hottest days of the summer which may have caused us to slow down but that's known to happen in a job like this. There was a lot of standing and moving around in a small space, but it wasn't anything we couldn't handle. The part I enjoyed most about my job was meeting all the different people that came to work with us. I have met people from Russia, the Philippines, Taiwan, Poland, almost anywhere you can think of. The employees at Busch Gardens are what make the park. It was a wonderful experience. – less
PRODUCTIVE AND FUN WORKPLACE
Cashier (Former Employee), Tampa, FLAugust 18, 2014
Pros: seasonal tickets for your love ones
I LOVED WORKING THERE. IF I HAD A CHANCE AGAIN I WOULD GO FOR IT. MY CO-WORKERS WERE FRIENDLY, ALWAYS PATIENT WITH CUSTOMERS. ALL OF US WORKED AS A TEAM TO GET THE JOB DONE AND ALMOST NEVER LET A CUSTOMER LEAVE WITHOUT A SMILE ON THEIR FACE.
Fun Job
Entertainer (Former Employee), Tampa, FLAugust 8, 2014
My typical day was spent putting on my makeup at the beginning of my shift, and then scaring customers at Howl-o-Scream.
Cashier and Stocker (Former Employee), Tampa, FLAugust 7, 2014
I was fascinated working for this company. It was interesting

Busch Entertainment Corporation Salaries

$8.80 per hour
Food Service Worker
$8.80 per hour

Busch Entertainment Corporation Photos

Me in front of France Skyride during a weather shutdown.