BUSEY BANK Employee Reviews in United States

A company who truly cares about its employees
Client Services Specialist / IT Security Analyst (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILJuly 29, 2015
While at Busey for over 4 years, I came to understand the culture and management style of this corporation. I discovered how hard this company works to hire, retain, and advance its employees. The leadership truly values the direction of the company based on the success of its employees. I would recommend family and friends to take advantage of any opportunity to work for Busey.
Pros
Great benefits, great atmosphere of people to work along side of
Good Place to work
Teller I (Current Employee) –  Urbana, ILJanuary 17, 2016
Work from 9 am to 6 pm, so good hours. Easy to learn all procedures. Making sales goals is a monthly challenge. Great coworkers and easy to get along with, works as a team. Management really cares about the employees
A Great Place to Work.
SVP, Loan Review, Special Assets (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILSeptember 25, 2015
A great place to work until they merged with another bank that took over operation of the new bank. I was SVP and head of Loan Review and 9 credit analysts that prepared loan packets for loan committee meetings reported to me. Basically I made management look good to examination teams and was rewarded generously. Shortly after the merger, myself and 50 other Busey associates were released.
Pros
Good place to work.
Cons
Great boss, who gave me freedom to create to loan review function.
Fun
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, ILJune 12, 2016
I really enjoyed working at Busey Bank, I loved all my co-workers and managers they were very fun to be around and easy to talk to. I enjoyed being a teller and getting to communicate with a lot of people in the community.
Great place to work.
Vice President Private Client Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILMarch 30, 2015
I learned a lot and enjoyed my time there. I was fortunate to be able to spend a lot of time with our customers. The only problem was that there were always layoffs. There was no job security. It was very disheartening when everyone in my department was laid off except for me and another employee.
Pros
Great management
Excellent place of employment
Special Assets Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Officer/Specal Assets Administrative AssistantMarch 31, 2015
I learned a great deal about the Banking Industry while working at Busey Bank. They provided many opportunities for training and advancement. Employees are treated great.
Pros
Excellent Benefits
Cons
Nice place to work with good compensation
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLNovember 11, 2014
Taking care of customer financial needs. Bank transactions and opening various account types. People were for the most part very friendly and hard working. Most difficult part of the job being drumming up new business. Quiet and hard working atmosphere. Management definitely was a plus. Very adaptable with work schedule. Learned a lot while working for Busey Bank. Good place to start a financial career.
Pros
earnings
Cons
not busy enough.
Great work enviroment
Bank Operations (Current Employee) –  Champaign, ILJuly 20, 2015
I work in a great location with a great group of individuals. I think that Busey promotes a good work/life balance, and that, generally, people really enjoy working here.
Excellent place to get started in banking!
Teller (Former Employee) –  Gibson City, ILJuly 18, 2015
Even though I only spent a few months at Busey, I'm glad I began my teller experience there! They have an incredible training method that is extensive and appeals to various learning styles. As a well established financial institution, they know how to keep their staff well informed of regulations. Busey also cares deeply about their customers, and makes sure the staff is always learning new ways to make the customer happy. There is also a lot of opportunity to move up at Busey, which is great.
Decent place to work
Teller/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Pekin, ILApril 13, 2015
The company gets too caught up in pushing sales and can cause customer service to suffer. Working with customers is definitely the highlight. A decent company to work for but it also depends on management of which they tend to cycle through.
Pros
Free accounts
Cons
Stressful environment
Review
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILJuly 8, 2015
Great place to start out. Very low pay. I loved banking and I learned a lot. I was able to move up during my time there. The one mistake they made that will always cause them to have high turnover with tellers is that they made the position a sales position.
Commercial Post-Closing/Compliance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Champaign, ILOctober 24, 2013
Typically I work independently but help others in my department when needed. I have learned a lot about the banking industry and also about Accounts Payables and Receivables. The management is there when you need them, but they are not constantly looking over your shoulder. My co-workers all work well together, with each person doing their own small part to help out the department. The hardest part of the job is getting through all the required duties during the day. The most enjoyable is the variety of work that comes through the office.
Pros
management is approachable
Cons
most internal positions are lateral moves
fun, busy, up beat place to work
Universal Banker (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILMay 26, 2015
Working at Busey was alot of fun it was hard work and it was crazy busy sometimes but i liked it. days went by fast

during the work shift i would take in large sums of money, give out money from a customers account, open, close, and help people wih accounts, make credit cards, and get clients to open new accounts.
Great Job to Get Your Foot in the Door
Customer Support Online Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILApril 2, 2014
Any call center environment is going to have a burn-out phase after about two years however if you are wanting to get your foot in the door of the bank without being a teller this is the area to go.
Management is good and the co-workers are like family.
You do have to have sales initiate to meet the goals. If you do not meet your goals there's a good chance you will be written up/dismissed after a period of time.
Pros
great co-workers, management
Cons
on the phone constantly with customers, have to use "not ready" time any time you are off the phone
If you are interested in moving up and you are not in the "in" crowd, you are very limited. Co-workers are very friendly and supportive.
M ortgage Loan Underwriter/Processr (Former Employee) –  Busey Bank ChampaignMay 12, 2012
Busey Bank is a nice place to work as long as you did not want anything further than what you had. Career advancement is almost impossible when they have you in a place in which they have perceived you to be, no matter what skills and qualifications you have gained, especially with race and gender relations. Training in your current job was great for they believe that training is very important. My co-workers were very friendly and we celebrated everyone's personal and professional milestones. My biggest problem there was my situation in terms of advancement. It wasn't my performance because I always received excellent performance appraisals and as we set goals for myself, I worked hard to make those goals. I took advantage of all the training opportunities that applied to me and my goals and it did not pay off. I eventually had to move on.
Pros
great co-workers, great training opportunities
Cons
limited career advancement, very low pay
Worked in Champaign and Bloomington as Post Closer for new mortgages.
Mortgage Post Closer (Former Employee) –  Champaign and Bloomington mainlyJuly 16, 2012
I was disatisfied with the mangement at this company. The lack of training was appauling as well as the attitude at the home office in Champaign. The office politics between the bank branches was unprofessional and I did not enjoy the friction among some of the employees in their strive to "get ahead".
Cons
lack of professionalism and training
Enthusiastic work enviornment.
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Champaign, ILFebruary 26, 2015
People are very friendly here.
There is a lot of turn over and many opportunities to advance.
Wide variety of responsibilities and tasks going on all at once, multi-tasking and prioritizing are skills to master here.
Front line to customers.
Problem solve majority of the day.
Pros
fun, always have something to do, rewarding
Cons
does not pay well enough for the amount of work you do, policies to stay updated with, information to know, and how much you keep track of each day.
Challanging & rewarding
Retail/Mortgage Loan Collections Officer (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers FloridaMarch 27, 2014
Each day was spent with a review of the past due loans, calling customers to collect payments, taking pphone payments when required. I put together and maintained a list of all charged off loans for the companyin both Florida and Illinois. I monitored the progress of the litigation on those files and co-ordinated with the attorneys or collection agencies handling them through obtaining judgments and collection on those judgments. The most difficult part of this position was the review of the old charge off files (when available) to assertain if collection was possible and acting on those instances. I also handled the short sale process for borrowers who sold their homes for less than what was owed.
Pros
able to work independently with minimal supervision.
Overall a friendly work place
Regional Bank Float Teller (Former Employee) –  Peoria, IllinoisJanuary 5, 2012
Busey Bank has the job security/advancement that someone in Banking would be looking for, I had turned my focus more on Public Relations.
Pros
job security
Cons
long travels
Laid back environment but can still be stressful
Loan Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Champaign, ILNovember 4, 2012
It's hard to describe a typical day at work. Having worked there for 4 years, it was pretty stress free and enjoyable until we recently switched core systems from Fiserv to CSI. It went from smooth sailing to somewhat chaotic. I knew how to do a number of things before, but then I had to start over, which isn't a problem, but it's hard to ask anyone else on how to do something when nobody else knows how to do it. For the most part, I love my co-workers. That's probably the most enjoyable part of the job. The hardest part of the job is trying to play catch up everyday.