BUSH'S CHICKEN Employee Reviews

An easy going environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Salado, TXApril 1, 2017
Each day would be slow due to the location but occasionally would get slammed with customers. Coworkers were usually passive aggressive and the managers tended to hide in their office. Aside from the negatives, they were very compliant when it came to hours and were flexible with my requests.
Pros
Free meals, flexible hours, regularly slow.
Cons
Lack of teamwork, short breaks
Bad Management
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Converse, TXMarch 24, 2017
My typical work day was doing the same thing everyday, they never trained me.They just put me on a job and expected me to do it right. The management was bad and it was not a enjoyable job.
Very hot kitchen
Cashier/Waiter (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TX 76549March 16, 2017
This is a position meant for a high schooler, it can be very fun at times , but once you graduate , it is kids managing kids. The hardest part is the weather.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
no health care
Bush's Chicken
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Van, TXFebruary 14, 2017
My day would start off with me unlocking the store, immediately checking cooler temps and make sure all machines are still functioning correctly. Then I would count the safe and take the money to the bank and get a change fund for the day. Once I returned , I did all prep work for the day. Once a week I made the schedule. Three times a week I did truck orders. I was in charge of hitting labor and food cost weekly. I did all hiring and firing for the store. Three nights a week I closed the store. Three days a week I opened the store. I would work doubles when needed. Ran a lobby and a car hop for togo orders. Usually consisted of a 7 manned crew.
Pros
Free range ro run the store, Free meals
Cons
Disorganized new company
very fast pace
Asst. Manager (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXFebruary 13, 2017
a regular day at work would be very busy non stop cars coming through drive-thru multiple customers in an out of lobby fryers going out, a lot high school kids so we did alt babysitting. Management needs a little work an the store be perfect, hardest part about my job was transformation from team member to Management..
Pros
free luches, free drinks
Cons
not being on the same page with eachother
Fun challenging work place
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXFebruary 9, 2017
Whenever me and the bushes crew got together to accomplish a goal, we never set apart form it. we had each other's back through it all. We gave off I warm satisfying customer service feeling and we have friendships with our customers. We often share laughs and jokes but when it came down the work wise we accomplish what was needed. Put smiles on peoples faces is the key goal.
Pros
Friendly staff members
Cons
Fast-paced job
Fast paced, clean work environment
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Schertz, TX 78154February 7, 2017
Fast paced work, management kept up with chicken and cleanliness of store, as well as labor and sales. During the switching of shifts around 4pm or so, managers would switch the register tils and count down the ones from day shift. We also made sure all customers were taken care of and meals were made properly.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lampasas, TXJanuary 20, 2017
I worked here two separate times, both of which were not negative times. Was an easy fast paced job and the standard fast food work experience. Fellow employees were kind and helpful, especially if you're a bit on the short side like I am. Some spoke Spanish for the times we'd receive Spanish speaking customers. Overall a good work experience.
Fast Paced, Somewhat organized
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXJanuary 6, 2017
The only problem that I found with this job was favoritism. There were several times when most of us would hardly ever get hours because some of the workers that were close to management would get all the hours possible. However, for a first job this job was very fast paced and the pay was desirable.
Pros
Nice pay, Free food
Cons
Not enough hours
Fun place to be
Cook/Carhop (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXDecember 30, 2016
This is hands down one of the funnest fast food places to work. The management and the staff have so much energy that it is hard to be down. The management is right there working along with the employees instead of just calling the shot.
Pros
Amazing atmosphere to work in.
Cons
Some employees who like to slack off.
Great work inviorment
COOK (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXDecember 16, 2016
Its a really good place for someone who need a first time job but other than that its not a place for any one trying to make a living off of Bush's Chicken. A typical day would just start by preparing all the chicken that will be used for that shift and maintaining your work area clean. The management seems to know what there doing most of the time but they have there flaws in really managing the stores productivity. Yet the people there are really great that come from many different backgrounds, a very friendly group of people. I would say that the hardest part of the day is dealing with the high volume of orders throughout the noon and evening hours. But in conclusion I would say the best part of the job is you get a 30 minute brake which really helps out after finishing a large order.
Pros
50% everything
Cons
No building opprotunities
High school drama....
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  4200 Bellmead Dr Bellmead, Tx 76705November 12, 2016
Too many young kids working there. They always have an attitude with the management and all the other employees. Also too many employees who are not management thinking that they are the manager and trying to tell other employees what they are doing wrong instead of trying to look out for themselves.
Pros
Cons
Drama
Very poor management and lack of care
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXOctober 16, 2016
Former cook,came in with seven years experience,started at minimum wage,was told I would get a raise which never happened,not one time did my checks exceed or make 40 hours,any complaint was ignored.this Bush's in perticular was the nastiest kitchen,batter cart had roaches inside,walk in was never cleaned,chicken was dropped on the floor and picked up and still cooked.i was fires for preparing food the way a customer requested his food cooked due to him not having teeth,..I would strongly advise against eating or working there....38th street Bush's sucks...
Pros
Meet my wife
Cons
great atmosphere for working, amazing chicken
Team Leader/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXSeptember 27, 2016
coming in to unload morning truck, getting the store prepped for the day, making first batch of tea, chicken, rolls and sides to go with. making sure team members had things to do within there 8 hour shift.
Pros
free lunch, coupons
Cons
sometimes customers would rude and unfair
fun place
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Missouri City, TXAugust 19, 2016
Fast pace well maintain excellent guest service and great company. I enjoy work the company and all of it's members. Slow and fast at times but there is always something to clean or an order to take care of.
Best Chicken in Texas, and other stuff
Server / Waiter (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXAugust 19, 2016
Working at Bush's Chicken was probably the best fast food chain I could have ever worked for. The staff was well trained and management took each new hire on a one-on-one walkthrough of everything that was done, how it needed to be done, and when it needed to be done by. Originally hired as a cook, I wasn't as fast as they needed to be. Luckily, they weren't going to throw me out into the cold. They took me to the registers, showed me how to ring up a customers order, and how to prepare each individual meal the exact way the customer ordered it. Everyone cooked, everyone cleaned, everyone contributed to the store and in turn, we ended up being the go-to location in several cities.
Terrible work place.
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXAugust 1, 2016
Management based every decision based on emotions. Terrible place to work.Co-workers were great just young, most were all in high school.
Pros
Free lunch and dinner
Cons
No benefits. Management was emotional.
fun place to work and productive
Cook (Current Employee) –  Rosenberg, TXJuly 31, 2016
I enjoy working for bushs chicken. It is a good environment and it is close to home. I used to work full time but now I work part-time due to me having a disabled child.
Pros
close to home
Cons
no breaks
Hardworking environment with good coworkers
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Cedar Park, TXJuly 28, 2016
A typical day at work for me is counting money, overseeing the staff, taking orders, and closing the store.
I learned how to manage people and oversee the store.
The management is very disorganized but friendly,
The people that I work with make the job fun and easy for me.
The hardest part of the job is managing the store when the manager steps out.
The most enjoyable part about the job are the people that I work with
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Very slow days
Must be very fast on things
Cashier, Drive-Thru (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXMarch 14, 2016
I learned to be more fast on taking out orders while having a positive attitude. The managers are very cool to work with. The hardest part about this job is that the lunch hour we get very packed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BUSH'S CHICKEN. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5