BUSH'S CHICKEN Employee Reviews in United States

Busy
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  McGregor, TXFebruary 23, 2016
Easy going but busy place. Great place to start off with 1st time job. Management is good as well as co-workers. Employees are funny and tips are amazing.
Horrible management
Cashier, Assistant Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Riesel, TXJanuary 31, 2016
A typical day at work is fast paced but fun as well as exciting. It wasn't the cleanest enviroment but I enjoyed working with my co-workers.
very friendly and productive
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pecos, TXJanuary 14, 2016
Everybody is very friendly walking distance from where i lived, management was understandable, great pay and great tips without decreasing hourly pay
Pros
Tips plus hourly
Cons
n/A
Nice place to eat but not to work.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 10, 2016
Short days. Didn't learn anything. Management didn't take time to hire me that long. Co-workers are cool. Easy peezy. Food was cool.
Pros
1/2 off food
Cons
No work ethic there
loved working with the customers and fellow employees
Manager (Former Employee) –  Mexia, TXJanuary 7, 2016
I enjoy customer service and here I was able to interact with our customers thru out the day. My co-workers were great and easy going. Management was nice. I learned how to juggle and balance home and work and how to handle day to day obstacles of the restraint business. The hardest part of my job was not getting to attached to my employees.
Pros
we were allowed free luches and a flexible schedule
Cons
breaks were short
productive workplace
Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXDecember 4, 2015
loved the customers at this location, they are very friendly and become regulars.
The staff is nice and work together as a team to meet peoples needs
Management is more than your boss they're your family.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Valley Mills, TXNovember 16, 2015
Fast and easy workplace, great for beginners. Management has always been friendly and quit understanding. There are many things I wish they would improve, more raises as one example and keeping there work for 40 hours a week. I cant support myself working on minimum wage and only receiving 27 hours a week. Very flexible work college schedules I really enjoy the swiftness of that. Bush's Chicken all in all is a family, but its not a job that will get you anywhere. I'm looking for a job that will better me to better my future.
Pros
Free meal if you work that day
Cons
not enough hours, not enough raises
Not a Great place to make a career
Cashier and Car-hop (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXOctober 21, 2015
This is a job not a career and the management was not very good. On a typical day it was it was busy but the staff and management has its favorites.
Worse place to work ever
Customer Service Representative/Cashier/Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Converse, TXAugust 31, 2015
Worse job anyone could have. Point blank management sucks form owners to the managers in the stores. Their is no chance for advancement unless your a brown noser
Pros
everyday us payday unless your the cook
Cons
sent home early, hours cut constantly, not enough money to support a family unless you live at home with your parents
a good place to work but due to management and the lack of keeping mangers makes the job hard
Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 17, 2015
managers switched frequently and co-workers lack motivation. job requires a lot of standing, walking and sometimes running.
Pros
50% off meal (when working), tips
Cons
short breaks
Productive and somewhat hectic environment.
Server, Runner, Cashier (Current Employee) –  Schertz, TXMay 21, 2015
The average day is hardly friendly. It isn't the worst nor is it the best by any means. The most difficult thing about it is the fact that there are hardly any opportunities for upward growth, but it's rewarding in its own familial way.
Pros
Great Discounts
Cons
Short breaks if any, Misunderstandings often
fun and produtive
Carhop (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXMay 4, 2015
I enjoyed working at bush's chicken. the other employees are good hard working people too. The managers try to work with you and your schedule. Over all its a great company to work for.
Unorganized workplace
MARINATOR AND DAYTIME COOK (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 10, 2015
A typical day was opening up the store, sorting chicken, tenders, livers and gizzards for the day. Filling out a marination log so i know what to marinate for the next day. clean and sanitize work area and begin cooking products for the day. The management at my particular store was unorganized, unhelpful, and overall just unpleasant.
good team work ethics
Manager/General Manager (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXMarch 25, 2015
productive and fun work place, fast paste, very clean, work under good supervision, weekly pay, close down for employees parties.
Pros
free lunchs
Not good
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Bellmead, TXMarch 23, 2015
This job was great at first, they asked me to be an assittant manager so i took the job and they did not give me my raise until 6 months after and i had asked for it 3 times.
Fun place to work
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXFebruary 20, 2015
A typical day of work here was fun easy at times until a rush came in and then i had to stay on my toes to keep up, but it was never too hard. i learned how to prepare the food and drinks and great customer service,how to work the cash registers, management were great people they were nice to there workers. My co workers were also good people and we were able to remain friends outside of the workplace. The hardest part of the job would probably of been trying to serve a bunch of people at one time, the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting the customers needs.
Pros
free lunch and soda when we came in.
They Keep The Chicken On A Roll
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 14, 2015
Working at Bush's Chicken is always a blast because there's always something to do and someone to serve. The managers do an excellent job ensuring that the staff keeps busy and productive. Whether it's taking orders or keeping an orderly store. From top to bottom everyone works hard.
Pros
1/2 individual meals
Cons
short breaks
had a fun environment to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJanuary 13, 2015
Learned how to make tenders loved working around my co-workers. Management were good about days off and working around schedules. The hardest part of the job was working short staffed we will get the job done but we all just worked harder and did awesome.
Not enough help in kitchen
cook (Former Employee) –  Belton, TXJanuary 12, 2015
Worked as fry cook. The PPE they had did not cover enough and they would let people leave early that worked before cleaning to be done that two people should do and is instructed to do so yet I often did alone and the last time I did with out help I was injured badly and no one even wrote up an incident report.
Pros
free food
Cons
too many on the job injuries / lack of staff in cooking
ehh...
Carhop (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXJanuary 11, 2015
Management sucks and make their decisions are based on favoritism. Pay is pretty good depending on how many hours you get a week. You get paid every week plus tips IF management allows you to work as drive thru that day. Overall, this job is most beneficial for younger people who can move around a lot.
Pros
free food
Cons
management