BUSH'S CHICKEN Employee Reviews

Good fast paced learning job and a fun environment
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 16, 2018
I was a cook the managers saw my potential and eventually i got promoted to team leader a little slower than i deserved but i felt recognized and i felt in charge because many of my coworkers listened to me and if you give respect you earn respect everyone does there best to really work together and get the job done
Pros
Great pay, lots of hours, friendly staff, fast paced
Cons
Afternoon rush, long hours, not enough cooks, or employees
Really Nice
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZFebruary 12, 2018
I love working here and the co-workers are wonderful. I just want to expand my opportunities. I do not intend on leaving Bush's chicken at all. It's a fast-paced environment but the management is great as far as willing to work with you to figure out your schedule.
A good first job
Manager (Current Employee) –  TexasFebruary 11, 2018
Just like each job one could work at, it has its highs and lows, it is a very good job for a high school student, as well as a college student looking for a part time job while they are obtaining a degree
Pros
Free food, flexable with hours.
Cons
No healthcare, vision, denal, plans are provided. No savings plans for future retirement
Fast pace and slow tips
Server (Current Employee) –  Belton, TXFebruary 8, 2018
Fast pace and friendly co workers and customers. Learned not all fast food is all so terrible, decent tips help to make it bearable but not satisfied with the pay but the tips were the most enjoyable part.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Low pay
it was a ice place to work
Cashier,manager (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXFebruary 6, 2018
I really liked working there, the management was what was not so great, it keep changing and would confuse all the employeses,over all all the workers were gtreatwe had fun making the bird and the side orders , loved when the lunch hour would come it was a rush that would keep you going.
Pros
free lunch was great
Cons
did not take a break the break was when it slowed down
Lots of hours
General Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasFebruary 4, 2018
Working with Bush's consumed my life. I worked 70 to 80 hours a week and felt under appreciated. The job doesn't come with any benefits. I would get there at 7:00 in the morning and not leave some nights until 8 or 9.
Awesome when you have the right manager on duty
Crew (Former Employee) –  Copperas Cove, TXJanuary 29, 2018
Could use better management but it would be perfect for a first job or in high school job. The turn over rate is high at Bush’s but if you can get past the ignorant managers and prissy school kids you’ll work out great
Pros
1/2 off
Cons
Cooks get no break
While working for bush's chicken I was an assistant manager.
Car hop (Former Employee) –  Belton, TXJanuary 26, 2018
I was working for bush's I started as a car hop, within a year I moved up to a level 1 manager, I was in charge of managing cleaning and putting inventory away. After 2 years of working for the company I moved up to a level 2 manager, which put me in charge of all the employees, ordering and putting away inventory, hiring training and firing employees.
Produtive
Kitchen Manager/ Trainer/ Head cook (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJanuary 22, 2018
At this job i learned alot from the team and also managers on staff. Its a very fun place to work and all the staff members are lovable. You actually get a chance to grow with this company. You also gets paid every week and the pay is real great as a cook. I must admit that i loved working for Bush's Chicken and its associates.
Good part time job if you work with good people.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 20, 2018
Bush's Chicken had a nice work environment. Very fast paced. It can be stressful at times during rush hours. If managers and other team members are nice it is a nice work environment.
Fun and productive place to work
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Waco, TexasJanuary 17, 2018
If working at Bush’s, you can have fun and make friends but make sure to continue to do your job well, it’s not a blow off job where you can just do anything.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Fast paced and structured
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 29, 2017
When I started at Bush's Chicken I was treated fair and all compensation, hours, job description, everything was laid out for me clearly and timely. The area manager is an amazing boss as well is the owner. In our position we dealt directly with the area manager hand in hand but had full access to the owner should we need him for anything 24/7.
If I had not taken a shot at owning my own business I would still be employed with Bush's and I am fully committed to work with them in the future should the opportunity arose.
Pros
Free food, hour breaks, limited oversite and freedom to run the staff as you do.
Cons
Hours are long and a lot of weekends without any flexibility.
Fast pace, too many expectations
Cashier's (Current Employee) –  Brenham, TXNovember 27, 2017
Too many young kids working with attitudes problem,, need to work more as a team make sure everyone is trained properly make sure everyone is following all procedures accordingly
Pros
You meet new people
Cons
Always moving around short breaks
first job ever
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 14, 2017
frankly it sucked, but i also had no expectations of what a job was going be like, it was my very first one. i had no time to study or sleep, all of my free time went to working and it killed my grades.
Steady pace job
Manager (Current Employee) –  2110 N. Big Spring St.November 11, 2017
Good job, great for teenagers first job. Simple, and easy. Clean place. Works with parents, high school & college students schedules. Understanding management that is willing to help out when it is needed.
Pros
Free lunches, and get discounts.
Cons
No benefits
Productive and relaxed atmosphere
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, TXOctober 19, 2017
I would usually go in at 9:45 and open up I also learned how to open up at 6 And make rolls and gallons of tea the manager would get there at 8. I love the atmosphere. The hardest part of my job was dishwashing but the best part was the free chicken.
Pros
Free chicken at closing time
Cons
Short breaks
Challenging
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Copperas Cove, TXOctober 18, 2017
Always pushes you to better yourself. There are several different stations to work that way there is less chance of burn out from the employees. I would definitely work there again.
Fun environment
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 18, 2017
It's a very nice place with good food and great coworkers ! Working as a cashier usually means working up to being a carhop. With carhoping u can make tips.
Pros
Tips, good food
Cons
N/a
Fast paced
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Hewitt, TXSeptember 19, 2017
It was a quick moving work place. We had a lot of fun, and there was amazing teamwork. I worked all throughout high school. and it was a great job. Had to be able to work hard.
Fast paced entry level job
Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Harker Heights, TXSeptember 12, 2017
This job is perfect for highschoolers and very quick paced. Coworkers were cool and managers were laid back, too laid back. I had fun working here, but I wouldn't recommend staying for more than a year, some get stuck working here. Area supervisor constantly breathing down your neck, but he was cool. Best part of working here was the tips.
Pros
Tips and discounted food
Cons
Management and judgey coworkers