Business Management Associates Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Great place to work....good team
Staffing Specialist (Contractor) DoDEA (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VA 22314June 28, 2017
I worked remotely for BMA and found the work experience to be rewarding working from home. The teams I worked with and on were exceptional. The company employees are very helpful and go over and beyond in providing assistance to employees.
Pros
Working from home; flexible hours
Contract Accounting Work
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Westlake Village, CAFebruary 3, 2017
You had to jump into the deep end of the pool the minute you arrived. I was tasked with setting up a new chart of accounts for a private business. This was a very time sensitive project that I completed in just over 3 weeks.

I loved that it was a woman-owed business and that the staff were very intelligent.
Pros
Challenging endeavor that I completed before the deadline.
Cons
Lack of teamwork or support from any staff members
Company Treats You Like Family
Staffing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 10, 2016
BMA makes its employees' happiness a priority once you are hired. You are encouraged to call the corporate office if there are any questions or concerns; I've talked to Human Resources as late as 8 or 9 at night. BMA remembers your birthday, gives "on-the-spot" performance rewards, has employee events, and offers assistance during medical or family emergencies. When I'm between contracts BMA is the first company I call.
Pros
The company's treatment of its employees is better than most.
Cons
BMA can't always place you on a new project once your contract is over.
Don't work for LaJuanna Russell
HR Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VASeptember 10, 2016
Don't want to work for this company. They don't want to pay you your hard working overtime pay. They lie stating they didn't get paid so that they don't have to pay you. The owner is a joke!
Benefits
Cons
non payment
Official response from Business Management Associates
October 6, 2016

“BMA prides itself on maintaining contractual compliance, and part of that is educating our employees on federal contractor rules and regulations mandated by the Department of Labor. As all of our workforce are well aware, non-exempt, hourly employees enjoy regular overtime pay when the additional hours worked have been preapproved by the federal client. Salaried, professional, exempt employees and/or 1099 consultants are not paid overtime as federal laws stipulate.”

“BMA never provides, or promises, their employees overtime pay unless it has been preapproved by our federal customer.”

Business Management Associates wishes you the very best on your future work endeavors.

good experience
Senior Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  washington, dcFebruary 13, 2015
i didn't work for the company long but it was a good experience. They definitely believe in keeping the client happy. Friendly staff and my coworkers were great

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Business Management Associates. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7