Business Management Employee Reviews

3rd Party Collector skiptracing,training,negotiating
Office Manager and Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Las Veags NevadaJanuary 21, 2014
 Over 10 years of experience in Business Management, Business Administration, and Debt Collection
 Served as Office Manager and Team Lead; supervised teams of over 20 personnel in daily operations
 Knowledgeable in Fair Debt Collection Protection Act (FDCPA), 3rd Party Collections, Mortgage and Commercial Debt, Federal Debt, Loss Mitigation Hierarchy, and US Department of Education
 Debt Collection expert, dedicated to upholding the clients’ brand reputations, and attention to detail in work are among the assurances the clients can rely on as well as a customized recovery and payment processing solutions
 Able to type 60 WPM; experienced word processing software to include but not limited to MS Office Professional suites and familiar with various operating systems and platforms
 Excellent written and verbal skills; proven active listener who re-states or paraphrase what the customer says in my own words, to confirm the understanding of both parties
 Demonstrated the ability to quickly decompose complex tasks into smaller components, assign responsibilities and direct operations.
Pros
federal employee
Cons
daily changes
Owners of this company are honest, approachable and personable.
Provided Client Services for the CPA (Former Employee) –  Frederick MarylandAugust 11, 2013
I started working for Business Management Company at the beginning of this year. I was to work as a Client Service Representative. My duty was to contact their entire portfolio of clients, numbering about 750, to prepare them for their tax review appts and provide an introduction of the Insurance Brokerage Division that had been recently added to the business. I scheduled appointments and also provided any information that was needed by the clients.

This position encouraged me to obtain my Property and Casualty License so I could address more of the clients needs, the owners wanted me to become one of the company's selling agents.

When providing the first steps in the sales process, I had to be self motivated, enthusiastic and work to maintain or gain trust.

I thoroughly enjoyed this position. I found no part of it hard only because when you are representing a quality product or service, there is a confidence and pride that makes it seem less like work.
Pros
excellent work enviroment and being an employee of a community trusted company.
Cons
no cons
Productive and fast pace job
Wal-Mart (Current Employee) –  Laredo, TXDecember 14, 2014
I work at the Photo Lab and Electronics department, helping customers with their needs and getting them what they wish for. I process customer’s films and any other type of orders. Working at Wal-Mart as an intern has really helped me understand how to be a better manager. My responsibilities as an intern were to influence and communicate by promoting ideas and link them to the business needs and benefits. Build trusting, cooperative relationships and alliance with others, inside and outside the organization. Effectively communicate clear, up to date information on business plans and priorities. And share ideas and our experience with associates across the organization. Another responsibility was to adapt quickly. Demonstrate creativity and strength in the face of change, obstacles, and adversity. Adapt to competing demands and shifting priorities. Also update to knowledge and skills to handle new complexities, challenges, and responsibilities. The employees at my job are fun and respectful people and they care about others.
Operations / Safety
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 30, 2014
Looking for a salaried position in operations management or safety. I deal with 39 city drivers , 23 over the road drivers , around 60 dock and office personal and many others with the home office and other terminals every day . there is no time for second guessing or mistakes in what I do , fast precise decisions are needed and made daily including on weekends . I enjoy my work and put everything into it and refused to take less then the best on anything for myself or others. Seeing a good day is having all tasks completed and no injury's or accidents at or away form the terminal. Hearing people discuss the positive changes and what they feel needs to change is the best part knowing I am making a difference with the team I work with. We have an extensive team to make it all come together here and if one person is down stepping up to get the job done is the most important thing to get done.
Pros
20 years of experience so free to control most things
Cons
limited resources to be successful
United States Air Force
Financial Management (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 7, 2014
Trained in all areas of military finance. Courses consisted of College level Accounting classes; Graduated with a 98%. Maintained accounts payable and accounts receivable for civilian and military personnel. Acted as a vendor liaison to negotiate interest fees; was recognized for saving 30% over plan my first year in position. Gained expert knowledge in the procedures used in maintaining records by both manual and mechanized methods. Maintain files pertaining to accounting control, commercial services, material cost and real property, as well as determining funds available for procurement action and for accuracy of amounts claimed. Review all accounts for funds concerning operating cost, accounting, payments to vendors and any working capital funds. Maintain factual data and graphic illustrations to support expenditures.
Joining Your TEAM
Associate Degree (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, OhioNovember 11, 2013
I enjoy working with companies to be a part of their growth and success. I enjoy utilizing my knowledge and work experience as I have worked extremely hard to become the best that I can be. So being a part of a successful team is my greatest satisfaction of my position.
The most difficult for me is a lack of communication from management. At times, depending on the size of the company, the breakdown in communicating the vision is somewhat frustrating.
I do get along with my co-workers, I have never had any issues with not being able to work individually or in a TEAM environment.
Pros
work hours, weekends off, being a part of a successful company
Cons
lack of communication from management.
Mortgage company manager
Manager National Mortgage Company (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IADecember 6, 2013
Responsible for the teams productivity, accuracy and to provide training.
I learned to be flexible and to clarify situations and to always have a contingency plan
I managed a variety of employees, fulltime, parttime and temporary with a variety of skill levels. It was a team environment to assist others and provide positive feedback. I support employee cross training
The hardest part of the job was terminating staff
I enjoyed the multiple positions I held, for example customer service, quality assurance and staff training. I had corporate goals and I also created my own personal developmental goals
Fun job and fun owner
Managed the business (Former Employee) –  PennsylaniaJanuary 25, 2015
Family business, but I was alone everyday doing the cash register in the front checking customers in and taking their food orders, filing all customers, along with cooking food in the back, recording weekly and monthly inventory, along with party planning and filing all parties, and was also the party hostess, and also cleaning disinfecting the whole facility daily. Learned simple first aid procedures, got a food safety certificate. Hardest part of the job was it was a lot to handle being the only person, most enjoyable is it was fun and the owner was awesome.
Pros
free lunches, fun work enviroment
Cons
minimum pay
Fun work pace with team work
Business Management (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 16, 2014
A typical day at work would be me getting the job doing a doing what ever i have to do for a company. what i have learned about computers web designing business Management accounting. Management i know how to management at a workplace for a company. my co-workers will get the job done and me making sure of it. thebre is no hard part of a job to me pretty much do what need to be done the enjoyable part of a job would be me getting my work done.
Pros
great organization, clean environment, benefits, money, and business relationships with the co-workers, and advancements.
Work
Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  Quantico CYTPMarch 31, 2015
A typical day at work is interacting with different types of people. Making lesson plans and going through trainings are apart of my day. Interacting with children and their parents is something I have to do everyday. I learned for to deal with different people differently. My directors are apart of my everyday life and how Im doing on a daily basis. My co workers and I have to work as a team to help one another and sometimes to get the job done. The hardest part of my day is seeing people hurt by others. The most enjoyable part is seeing everyone laugh, smile, and be happy.
maintaining regulations required by Dept. of Child Protective Services
Residential Manager (Former Employee) –  Bensalem, PADecember 10, 2013
•Responsible for maintaining all Policy and Regulations required by the Department of Child Protective Services
•Responsible for personnel records, pre-service training, annual training, and financial records
•Monitor curriculum/class room activities
•Provided a safe environment both physically and emotionally for children
•Assisted with overseeing a Federal Nutrition Food Program
Pros
making sure the children are protected
Cons
business are very slow during summer brakes
Shift Supervisor
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 7, 2013
• Assists the store manager in executing store operations during scheduled shifts
• Deploy partners and delegate tasks to create the Starbucks Experience by providing legendary customer service with prompt service, quality beverages and products, and maintaining a clean and comfortable store environment
• Train new Baristas, while making sure that all the guests needs are met
• Daily accountability for all products, and inventory: including reporting, database management, team operations and guest satisfaction
Diversified & Challenging
Licensed Secretary (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 31, 2015
A typical day at work started with the morning announcement. I learned that you need to be consistent in your expectations of what is expected of everyone. Treat people with respect and do not be condescending. Never take anything personal and always do your best. Take the initiative to learn something new each day. Make work enjoyable and do not grumble, it's contagious. Love working with people and the community. Embrace new challenges.
Pros
no limitations to learning
Cons
lack of support
Excellent Workplace and Life-Balance Code of Ethics
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Burlingame, CAApril 9, 2015
I love my current contracting role. I am relocating and am seeking a new opportunity near my new home purchase. My current employer is so amazing and will allow me to telecommute during and subsequent to my relocation. However, I am seeking a full-time opportunity in the vicinity of my new home. I am available for travel on a US Passport, work weekends, eves and weekdays.
Pros
Flexible fast-paced work environment
Cons
I have to relocate away from this employer
Entreprenuership
Entrepreneur (Former Employee) –  AtlantaApril 29, 2014
Owning your own business is exactly like raising a child.

The only difference is that external, economic factors can derail a business beyond your control [recessions].

I would do it again if I was 15 years younger with my current financial stability. Those long hours can rob one's health.
Pros
captain of my own ship.
Cons
frustrations, exhaustion, taxing of emotions, finances, and personal life.
Great place to work. Nice co-workers.
College Instructor (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 22, 2014
Independently prepare for teaching classes. I enjoyed teaching students. Work hours were great. Responsible for teaching Paralegal classes: Intro to Paralegal, Business Management, Research, Accounting, Computer Technology, Business Organizational skills.
Pros
when i requested more classes they gave them to me and full time work.
Cons
company filed bankruptcy
Empowered to do job.
Performance Management and Education (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAJanuary 24, 2013
Worked as a distributor for commercial laundry equipment with very professional people at Alliance Laundry Systems.

Difficult to work as middle person between owner and owner's wife.
Pros
helping people make a purchase of the right commercial laundry equipment for them.
Cons
sometimes difficult working as a middle person.
Friendly Working Environment
Owner (Former Employee) –  North Hills, CAJanuary 18, 2014
As Owner, my daily activities included:

* Retail Sales
* Inventory Control
* Cash-Handling Accuracy
* Credit Card Transactions
* Customer Service Excellence

* Had several fun and hardworking employees throughout the five years of operations.
Pros
friendly working environment
Cons
expensive business idea in low income area, couple with high rent.
Great Working environment
HR Associate - Tata Consultancy Services (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJApril 3, 2014
Very Busy workload. Ability to multitask.
Humar Resource procedures
Co-workers are energetic and positive.
Little or No opportunity for challenges and growth
Being able to interact with people and solve problems.
Pros
20 minutes commute from home
Cons
challenges and growth
Excellent company to work for.
Product Support Manager/ Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 6, 2015
Liehberr Equipment Source was a very good company to work with. There training program is excellent. A typical work day was long due to handle customer needs. The company would have allot of new state of the art equipment and we didn't get support on major problems.

4.2