Businessolver Employee Reviews

Poor
Client Operations Lead (Current Employee) –  West Des Moines, IASeptember 18, 2017
I'm a client operations lead with Businessolver. I have 25 clients that I manage, compared to most other COL's they only have between 8-12 clients. I work 50+ hours (during our slow season) 60+ during our busy season. No work life balance. Constant changing of clients. Not happy.
Fun but not much work/life balance
System Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAAugust 16, 2017
It is a fun place to work with really great people. The only downside was no work/life balance. Many wouldn't leave the office until 10 or 11 at night most nights. Others with kids would take their work home and be up well past midnight. If you don't mind putting in the extra hours but would love to work with some awesome individuals with extreme perks, this is the place for you.
Full of stress
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJuly 17, 2017
A private company that hires and fires employees at will of few top ppl . There is lot of stress and HR department is a mess. Dont go on the looks of the picture posted on the website
Pros
Cons
Waste of carrier
Long days
Participant Service Representative (Current Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAJune 30, 2017
Not a lot of room for advancement unless you were close to management. Cool environment free drinks and food. Long days during the busy period which is October-March
Great culture but values aren't what they seem.
Participant Services Representative (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAMay 19, 2017
The company culture is great. My coworkers were great as well. My personal goals and the company's goals did not align. Our mission was to delight our member and grow our business but as I found out, that was not everyone's goal. Some are just there to get a paycheck.
Pros
Lots of food
Cons
Chained to your desk
fun place to work, management is a bit disconnected
System Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAApril 21, 2017
Businessolver is a fun place to work, management is a bit disconnected but overall not a bad place. I think that as the company develops and continues to grow that the company will continue to get stronger and better.
Fast-paced environment
Client Services Intern (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAApril 19, 2017
Businessolver is a fast-paced, chaotic environment. If you're on a team that is super busy, you won't get any work because everyone is too busy to help you. Most of the time I sat on LinkedIn reading business articles because I had no work to do, despite reaching out to my team and asking for work.
Review Summary
Client Relationship Executive (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAFebruary 8, 2017
Annual Enrollment is an insanely busy time of year.
The people were definitely the best part of this job.
Job extras were great - free snacks, weekly catered lunches and breakfast.
Pros
Employee Perks
Cons
Work/Life balance during Annual Enrollment
Move on
Client Executive (Current Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAOctober 5, 2016
Pros are a great staff with brains and moral support, perks are nice such as food trucks and meals. Great system that is instantly testable.

Cons include severe staffing issues, BSC simply does not have a staffing model that is capable of keeping up with the unique needs of the clients.

Chaotic, leadership constantly shifts, high turnover leads to brain drain and inexperienced employees. Long hours, hope you don't like to make plans with family and friends in advance, because you'll break them.
Cons
No sick pay, low PTO compared to market, no work life balance
Plenty of workplace perks, not a lot of growth
Participant Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COJuly 6, 2016
The company culture is casual and fun. Free drinks and snacks are provided with regular catered meals. Even beer in the afternoon! Mandatory overtime is expected throughout the year, especially during Open Enrollment season in the winter when 50+ hour work weeks are expected (including weekends).
Unique environment full of intelligent capable co workers
System Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJune 24, 2016
The environment can get a bit hectic during the busy season but the client service teams do a great job of managing the workload with the support of some of the most talented people I have ever worked with.
Fun workplace with lots of cool perks
Operations Billing Analyst (Current Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAJune 6, 2016
Lots to learn, hard to get board! It is what you make of it. Employees are valued with free food, alcohol, gym entry, and fun environment. They treat you well here but you may fail if you are not a go getter as training is short and not extensive. They are working on the training programs.
Pros
Atomsphere, opportunity, pay, and perks.
Cons
Training, time off, and parking.
Participant Specialist
Participant Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COFebruary 24, 2016
Sent invitations to individuals that were interested in participating in Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walk.
Keep Looking
Client Relationship Executive (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 27, 2016
Working at Businessolver involves very long hours, a ton of responsibility and will teach you to prioritize. Even is you are good at setting boundaries and prioritizing this place can be beyond challenging when it comes to accomplishing workload assigned. They state very employee centric values, but I did not find that they lived up to them. Not sure if management realizes the mixed messages being sent, there is not a lot of access to management for employees. The company is very bureaucratic, despite selling themselves as an agile company. Turnover is very high.

The benefits of working here are great co-workers and a relatively fun work environment.
Pros
Free lunches once a week, Beer after hours.
Cons
Excessive workload, disorganized culture and management.
Great Culture
Operations Processor (Current Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAOctober 21, 2015
Businessolver is a fun work place with a great culture. Rough to move around in the company depending on your current position. A lot of politics and favoring which is expected of a company this size. Each day is full of laughs and seriousness.
Pros
Free lunches every Wednesday, appetizers on Friday afternoons
Cons
cliques, low compensation
Don't be fooled by the free food and drinks
Management (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAOctober 12, 2015
Leadership has taken the company to new heights by creating a fallible culture of tremendous perks and so much fun...but please don't be fooled. They lure you in with this tactic only to expect you to work 12 hour days with very little leadership guidance. Leadership expectations are unpredictable and unaligned throughout the organization. The leadership that got this company where it is will not be able to grow it further. BSC needs a leader who is more engaging and humble with its people. They need to focus on spoiling their hardworking employees and less on flying their corporate jet all over the place. It's time for a leadership overhaul at the company!
Pros
Free food and drinks
Cons
Executive Leadership, Work/Life Balance, Strategic Direction, Communication
I can honestly say I've never worked with a more talented group of people. But that's where the good ends....
System Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IASeptember 1, 2015
The free food, drinks and snacks only go so far. As much as I LOVED the people I worked with, we were all so under-trained and over-worked that our friendships were based on putting out client fires and supporting each other through the stressful days. I've worked in large corporations and thought the less structured environment at Businessolver would be refreshing - it was not. They promote "creative chaos" and it is exactly that....chaotic. Due to the lack of training and supporting documentation, it is incredibly stressful. This company has a fantastic product and fantastic employees, but currently lacks the necessary infrastructure to succeed.
Pros
Free breakfast e/o Monday, Free lunch Wednesday, Free Happy Hour Friday. Onsite Gym. Work from home opportunities
Cons
Long hours. Below average PTO. Little job advancement. Poor training.
A fun work environment with opportunities to gain communication experience.
Participant Service Representative (Current Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAAugust 11, 2015
At Businessolver I take inbound calls from employees of companies that use our services to administer health and medical benefits. It is a fast paced environment where problem solving and research skills are a must.
Pros
Company provided meals and gym membership.
Cons
Lack of advancement opportunities
No comment
Participant Services Processor (Current Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAApril 17, 2015
This is an ok place to work. Very fast paced. High turn over in management. Must be very self motivated and do not make errors. Hard to move to different areas, must be on top of your game.
Growing pains will push you to do your best.
Client Relationship Specialist (Current Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAApril 16, 2015
You will be hard pressed to find a better group of employees anywhere else. We are often working together to complete each others tasks due to the large amount of work to get done. Teams are constantly merging and changing due to new clients coming on board, but we're drastically understaffed.

An average work day is 10+ hours, with frequent travel. I currently manage as a day to day contact for a million dollar plus revenue hospital network. I work frequent weekends and holidays with minimal options for vacation due to lack of resources.
Pros
Free lunches, great co workers, casual dress code
Cons
Understaffed, poor manager qualifications, no compensation scales, no annual raises, long hours, frequent travel with little notice.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Businessolver. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6