Butler America Employee Reviews

not a great company to work for..
Telecom technician (Former Employee) –  TexasNovember 17, 2016
I felt manipulated after being recruited to work near my home, but ended up driving 250 miles away. The people at Butler stated that they needed me in another work location working as a telecom tech, until their them ar new hires got up to speed. Also , I realized that other techs tend to try to get you fired. I worked with a tech that had very little experience, but Butler utilized him to be a snitch. Also, you have to keep track of your work hours or you will definitely end up with a short pay check... I will never work for this company ever again...
Pros
Cons
Management will lie to you..
Challenging Work and good CoWorkers
Sr. Technical Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALDecember 7, 2016
I enjoyed working for Butler America as a Sr Technical Recruiter. I received great training and support from management. I worked with 20 Recruiters Nationwide.
Pros
People
Cons
Compensation
Very Profesional place to work
Material Planner Engineer and logistics (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLDecember 11, 2016
A Company that cares about their employees without demanding their employees but guide them to improve and obtain the best of them.
Pros
Friendly and human HR
steady place to work
Delivery Assurance (Current Employee) –  Shelton, CTJuly 17, 2016
steady place to work .
Answer telephones and give information to callers, take messages, or transfer calls to

appropriate individuals.

 Set up and manage paper or electronic filing systems, recording information, updating

paperwork, or maintaining documents, such as attendance records, correspondence

for customers such as Sikorsky Aircraft and Hamilton Sundstrand.

 Fill kit orders for Sikorsky Aircraft with customer inventory, maintaining stock

and get orders approval by customer.

 Insuring each kit is made to the latest REV and keeping kits B.O.M up to date in our

systems.
The work is challenging and long term, as a technical writer/manager I enjoyed the experience.
Publication Manager (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALNovember 12, 2015
My overall opinion of Butler America is favorable, I would work there again. There are things that could be better, such as pay raises a bit more often, or opportunity for advancement within the company. But, as a contract worker that seems to be the norm. They do have better benefits them some, but not as good as a few others.
Pros
Good equipment to work with.
Cons
Few pay raises
Fun workplace great people
Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Shelton, CTJanuary 21, 2016
I enjoyed my time at Butler America, coworkers are friendly and management was handled well. Employees are well compensated. Only downside is that it's contract work, making job security a problem.
Pros
Flex time
First job out of college
Airframe Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  West Lafayette, INOctober 11, 2015
This was my first job out of college and the support at the beginning was very little. I had an extremely tough time at the beginning, but eventually settled in there. My co-workers were nice and helpful, but I did not feel that the company was set up for me to succeed. There is a very high turnover rate. For the program I was working on, the schedule was incredibly insane. There was poor management from the company that had contracted us and it was up to us to make their poor schedule work. Our management was upset that the average employee was only putting in 40-45 hours a week (don't know how much they were wanting us to put in). They did have flexible hours (a six hour window when you are supposed to be there and you can make up the other ten hours however you want).
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
poor management and direction, lack of support from company for young engineers
Interesting Work, Non-Competitive Compensation
Supplier Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  West Lafayette, INOctober 9, 2015
Butler offered engineering labor to companies wanting to outsource engineering work. This creates a need to keep labor costs down and ultimately keeps employee compensation down. The work is interesting and challenging, something new all the time. The branch that I worked in did work for an aerospace company. That was the only customer they had, but Butler was actively pursuing other customers. Company has the potential to grow and do big things if they can attract additional customers. They need to make an effort to retain good employees rather than focusing only on short term results.

If you require benefits such as health insurance, this place doesn't help. The health insurance offered by Butler costs more than it does on the open market.
Pros
Flexible scheduling, interesting work, most of the people there are pleasant to work with.
Cons
Below average compensation, awful benefits
good temporary position
Also customer service and cashier (Former Employee) –  West Lafayette, INMay 23, 2016
Good temporary position that provided decent pay. Good learning environment that allowed work freedom. Also allowed possible fulltime working positions.
Productive and fun workplace.
Senior Technical Writer/Editor (Current Employee) –  Shelton, CTMay 6, 2012
Overall a really good place to work. We are given the choice of flex hours and because we are contrators we can normally take time off whenever we choose without question. Although the medical benefits are on the high cost side, the company does offer benefits which is virtually unheard of for contractors. The company treats you like a regular employee instead of a contractor while at the same time giving you the flexibility that a conractor normally has.

The compay offers competitive pay with like jobs in the market. The projects tend to overlap creating unnecessary stress in the workplace and causing us to take shortcuts that reduces the quality of the product. Projects should be as evenly spread a possible to prevent overlapping deadlines. This would also reduce the layoffs between projects as we would have them spread out throughout the year and not all bunched up during single timeframes. We produce a high quality product but it could be higher quality if we didn't have to take shortcuts due to several different projects overlapping with the same or near the same deadlines. The only other alternative would be to hire more writers which would produce more layoffs during the slow times of the year.
Pros
good pay, benefits, vacation
Cons
deadlines tend to overlap with other projects
fair
Packer - warehouse (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILAugust 25, 2014
I enjoyed working second shift as a packer. The job had no advancement. America is a melting pot, I was working different culture's, some of witch did not understand each other.
Pros
I liked second shift
Cons
there was a language barrier
learned new skill sets in day to day business operations
Director of Operations and Business Development (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 11, 2015
adding new resources, employee complaints review of costs vs. revenues
I learned about project and program management
management was remotely located in the NE
all co workers were contractors with high talent
hardest part of the job was co worker conflicts
most enjoable part was running day to day activty and keeping large customer happy
Pros
new skill sets in operations
Cons
was not allowed to develop new business from largest key customer located 1 mile from office
At the end of the day you feel like you're making a difference
Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Shelton, ConnecticutNovember 29, 2013
The most enjoyable part of the job is feeling accomplished. I learned first-hand the other side of military publications and documents. I got to work on schematic diagrams and technical publications. I never really saw this job as hard at all. There were many hectic times and days, buts all in a day's job. The work ethic and diligence of my floor of co-workers stayed high most of the time. The moral in the place was also high. It's probably because the fact you were payed a decent amount for a decent day's work.
Pros
Close restaurant of lunch. No supervision. No weekends needed to work.
Cons
Was a consultant job so benefits aren't included
Terrible company
machine assembly operator (Former Employee) –  Lincolnton N.C,January 1, 2015
Worst place to work unless you like verbal harassment from employees and supervisor who yells at their employees!! Favoritism and backstabbers who will do anything to make you lose your job;they will lie to you about your hourly pay to get you in there . Poor training and mismanagement . Will expect you to work overtime with little advanced notice.Unprofessional attitudes towards employees and verbal abuse during meetings, would not recommend a dog to work at this company!!!
Pros
Cons
Verbal abuse from supervisors, improper training, poor planning and management, attitudes
Contract Company
Data Analyst/Cleanser (Former Employee) –  Billerica, MASeptember 24, 2014
With what limited contact I had the people seemed nice. Original representative didn't check what paperwork was sent to me and wondered why I sent back the "wrong" paperwork. Took far longer than it should have to notice what the actual error was. After she left the company minimal contact occurred unless I initiated it.
Pros
It was a job
Cons
No Benefits
Learned a lot from co-workers and employers.
CAD Designer/Stress Engineer (Current Employee) –  Earth City, MOJuly 1, 2015
Fun and laid back work environment. Employers offer great insight to aerospace industry and give career advice. Projects are short with somewhat a lack of job security. Flexible with hours.
Pros
Laid back work environment.
Cons
Short contracts, lack of job security/longevity
productive work place
agency for Caterpillar (Former Employee) –  Chicago,JolietMay 24, 2013
A typical work day was Exciting, because of the surrounding, and endless possibilities of learning reading blue prints to assemble gear pumps for Caterpillar. I've learned to identify the parts, count the number of parts, including a number of different type seals O-rings bolts threading on the bolts and also different pressure hose and cuplings. when the pump binds after assembly identifying the out of tolerance part place an orange or defective part placing a lable on it place it in the rework bin. co-workers were helpful to say the least and a great goupe of team members i belive the hardest part of the job was stopping to go to the washroom and tool shed because of the size of the warehouse those to thing took a little time.
Pros
every day learning the productivity of the previous day
Cons
not there long
Not at this time
Training Developer (Current Employee) –  Shelton, CTOctober 10, 2014
Good company to work for however it needs to improve benefits.
Pays the bills, good starter job
Engineer/Process Planner (Current Employee) –  West Lafayette, INFebruary 4, 2013
This isn't a dream job unless you enjoy sitting at your desk all day. It gives some experience and pays the bills.
Pros
flexible work hours
Cons
little pay and terrible benefits
great place to work especially for new engineers even though benefits and salary are less competitive
Structures Analyst (Current Employee) –  West Lafayette, INNovember 22, 2014
Pay and benefits are on the low end, but I've learned a lot and it's a great place to work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Butler America. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9