Butler Community College Employee Reviews

Great work environment and flexible work hours
Administrative Assistant -student worker (Former Employee) –  Andover, KSJanuary 11, 2017
Friendly and enthusiastic work environment. Wide variety of tasks but can be fast paced at times. Coworkers are extremely helpful and are enjoyable to work with.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere, great technology to work with
Cons
Low pay for student workers with limited hours
Teaching college level classes makes for a better high school teacher.
Adjunct Mathematics Instructor (Current Employee) –  El Dorado, KSDecember 6, 2016
Teaching a the college level make a high school teacher even better. Having taught college classes, I better understand what my high school students will be facing in the near future and can guide and prepare them.
nice experince
Tutor (Former Employee) –  El Dorado, KSNovember 16, 2016
college is fun. meet different people. learn lots of things.Teaching may be carried out informally, within the family, which is called homeschooling, or in the wider community
environment
Office Admin (Former Employee) –  Andover, KSSeptember 24, 2016
I learned so many new things while working in Butler Community College. They had a very nice and friendly administration office environment which is very important for employees.
Very fun and friendly workplace, amazing staff
Bookkeeper (Current Employee) –  Andover, KSSeptember 13, 2016
I've worked at the Andover campus bookstore for over 4 years now, as a permanent employee for over 1 year, and have always enjoyed it. Only bad part about the job is some of the students but you can never control that part.
Great community college
Student (Former Employee) –  Butler County, KSAugust 8, 2016
Amazing support from the professors.
I decided to get more education after being laid off from Raytheon aircraft. I especially appreciated the support I received as a mature adult returning to the classroom.
Busy workplace except for weekends
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Andover, KSAugust 7, 2016
I enjoyed working at the college. The staff and faculty were easy to get along with and enjoyed being around them. I worked with different software for student ID and parking permits. Most of my co-workers were fellow students.
Excellent and Supportive Environment
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Andover, KSJune 3, 2016
I've had a wonderful experience at Butler Community College. It is very accommodating and supportive to all who attend or who are professors on staff. Great place to work.
Fund place to work
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSFebruary 24, 2016
The local Director was a leader not just a director. She is on top of her game and knows how to be successful. Her concern for the students is beyond reproach and is a delight to work for.
Pros
Great work atmosphere
Cons
Availability of classes available to new instructors.
No vision for student needs
Director of Network & Computer Support Full Time (Current Employee) –  El Dorado, KSNovember 10, 2015
Management at Butler has no idea what students want or need. They have no vision for the reality of their own decisions. HR is a joke.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Andover, KSJuly 30, 2015
Busy work place with supportive management. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the students and being able to help them with their college path. I learned that most people go back to school, so if you can do it straight out of high school you should.
Pros
Tuition exempt
Cons
Parking
Productive and fun workplace
Residence Life Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  el dorado, kansasJuly 8, 2015
Typical Day at work was busy we had to make to get all the residence placed and camps tooking care of .I learned how to work under pressure. My manger was very understanding about everything. The hardest about my job was making sure everything was done before we left .I enjoyed seeing the smile on my students face when they seen me.
Pros
worked around school schedule
It is a poor place to work
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Andover, KSJune 17, 2015
This was a poor place to work. I worked 3rd shift and the hours were very tough to keep. The management never supported us. The pay was miserable.
I enjoyed working with students
Academic Advisor (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMay 14, 2015
The Community College is a place where students can get their required coarses and then transfer to a four year college.They can also learn in technical fields and go into the work force.My job was to help them make those decisions.
Excellent Company to work for
Customer Service Enrollment Secretary (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMay 3, 2015
I assisted students in completing the enrollment process, assisted the instructors in printing documents for class schedules, scheduled testing appointments, data entry, cash handling, interacted with students and faculty. I loved working with the team that I was lucky to be a part of. They provided encouragement and contributed to my growth.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Heathcare
Very enjoyable
Lead Instructor (Current Employee) –  Andover, KSOctober 9, 2014
Very little room for advancement even with higher degrees and knowledge.
amazing working with people in ems
Secondary Instructor (Current Employee) –  Emergycare, Erie PaJuly 3, 2014
Teach students the skills needed to be an EMT. Interacting with the students in training them to become an EMT is the most enjoyable aspect of the job.
Great place to start
Computer Support Technician (Former Employee) –  El Dorado, KSJune 2, 2014
I started attending college through the school and needed to seek quick employment. I had a computer background so I applied for the Tec-E position which was also a great learning experience. The pay was actually 9.75 which is not bad for a student worker. The only down side is that they only want to work you 20 hrs. a week.
Pros
Pay
Cons
No Benefits
VA Student Worker
VA Student Worker (Former Employee) –  El Dorado, KSApril 24, 2014
Typical day would range from about 4 to 5 hours a couple days a week. I learned how to work the College computer system, and input student enrollment information onto the VA website called VAONCE.
excellent work place
Fincial aid office-Administrative work (Former Employee) –  Andover, KSJuly 30, 2013
lot of fun
lot of good things to do
good compensation
family workplace
helped me start my career

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Butler Community College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5