Butler Community College Employee Reviews in United States

No vision for student needs
Director of Network & Computer Support Full Time (Current Employee) –  El Dorado, KSNovember 10, 2015
Management at Butler has no idea what students want or need. They have no vision for the reality of their own decisions. HR is a joke.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Andover, KSJuly 30, 2015
Busy work place with supportive management. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the students and being able to help them with their college path. I learned that most people go back to school, so if you can do it straight out of high school you should.
Pros
Tuition exempt
Cons
Parking
Productive and fun workplace
Residence Life Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  el dorado, kansasJuly 8, 2015
Typical Day at work was busy we had to make to get all the residence placed and camps tooking care of .I learned how to work under pressure. My manger was very understanding about everything. The hardest about my job was making sure everything was done before we left .I enjoyed seeing the smile on my students face when they seen me.
Pros
worked around school schedule
It is a poor place to work
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Andover, KSJune 17, 2015
This was a poor place to work. I worked 3rd shift and the hours were very tough to keep. The management never supported us. The pay was miserable.
I enjoyed working with students
Academic Advisor (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMay 14, 2015
The Community College is a place where students can get their required coarses and then transfer to a four year college.They can also learn in technical fields and go into the work force.My job was to help them make those decisions.
Excellent Company to work for
Customer Service Enrollment Secretary (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMay 3, 2015
I assisted students in completing the enrollment process, assisted the instructors in printing documents for class schedules, scheduled testing appointments, data entry, cash handling, interacted with students and faculty. I loved working with the team that I was lucky to be a part of. They provided encouragement and contributed to my growth.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Heathcare
Very enjoyable
Lead Instructor (Current Employee) –  Andover, KSOctober 9, 2014
Very little room for advancement even with higher degrees and knowledge.
amazing working with people in ems
Secondary Instructor (Current Employee) –  Emergycare, Erie PaJuly 3, 2014
Teach students the skills needed to be an EMT. Interacting with the students in training them to become an EMT is the most enjoyable aspect of the job.
Great place to start
Computer Support Technician (Former Employee) –  El Dorado, KSJune 2, 2014
I started attending college through the school and needed to seek quick employment. I had a computer background so I applied for the Tec-E position which was also a great learning experience. The pay was actually 9.75 which is not bad for a student worker. The only down side is that they only want to work you 20 hrs. a week.
Pros
pay
Cons
no benefits
VA Student Worker
VA Student Worker (Former Employee) –  El Dorado, KSApril 24, 2014
Typical day would range from about 4 to 5 hours a couple days a week. I learned how to work the College computer system, and input student enrollment information onto the VA website called VAONCE.
excellent work place
Fincial aid office-Administrative work (Former Employee) –  Andover, KSJuly 30, 2013
lot of fun
lot of good things to do
good compensation
family workplace
helped me start my career
It was a great position for while I was attending classes.
Professor's Assistant (Former Employee) –  El Dorado, KSJuly 29, 2013
It was a very flexible job, in my field of study. I only worked a few hours a week to help ease the burden of attending classes.
Hard, enjoyable work
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  El Dorado, KSJune 26, 2013
My work day would begin once classes were finished. Pottery wheels had to be shut off and scrubbed down, tools and supplies cleaned and put away. Clay mixed, kiln shelves scraped free of glaze and repainted, glazes mixed and organized. Shelves cleaned and organized. Occasionally I would assist students who stayed after and tutor them in master pottery techniques or answer any questions they had about the medium.

In generally I have gained a broader knowledge of how to organize and run a ceramics studio. The teacher, my supervisor, was helpful and appreciative of my efforts, giving me good instruction.

Being a ceramic artist I found the job completely enjoyable.
I love it but the pay is low
Accommodation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Andover, KSApril 20, 2013
I love working with the students at Butler CC. The staff is very supportive and fun to work with. I am not quitting my job at Butler but due to the pay and I will be working less hours I need to find a second part-time job.
Productive and fun workplace
Student Worker for VP of Student Services (Current Employee) –  El Dorado, KSMarch 18, 2013
Typically I arrive at work as soon as I get out of class and head over to secretarial center to retreive the mail. I open all the mail and determine to whom it belongs and deliver it to the accurate person(s). I'm responsible for answer any phone calls, reserve rooms, scanning and making of copies, adding or deleting scholarships, and filing paperwork on student's or personnel. I love my bosses, we get along great. I have gotten to know them on a more personal level and will miss working for them. Nothing about my job is really hard to me, but if I had to choose I would say double checking all the scholarships in the system and making sure they are up to date. Most enjoyable part of my job would be my co-workers and bosses, the atmosphere we have created makes working enjoyable and fun.
Pros
on campus job, steady
Cons
can't think of any
Fun place to work
Computer/A-V Technician (Former Employee) –  Andover, KSFebruary 14, 2013
This was strictly a position that was for students. I was able to learn and gain some real experience.
Pros
learning ability
Cons
pay
Wonderful place to work
Custodian- Temporary (Former Employee) –  El Dorado, KSFebruary 5, 2013
I would clean the present's office to the ag building. I learned a lot about cleaning and keeping a strong pace.. Managent worked well with the custodians and the co-workers were friendly and fun to work wtih. At times it would be a physically challenging day but worth it. The staff and the students around us was just a fun atomosphere.
Pros
work day shilt during the summer
Cons
work night shilft during the fall and spring.
productive and fun work place
Clerical / Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  El Dorado, KSNovember 4, 2012
I learned a lot about organization at this company and had lots of fun with other employees.
Fun place to work for a student.
Student Worker in Career Services (Current Employee) –  Andover, KSApril 9, 2012
Great place to work if you are a student. Flexible work hours and decent pay. The only way to be a student worker is if you are enrolled at Butler, once you are no longer enrolled you can no longer work there so if job security is what you're looking for then this is not a great option.

4.3