Butler Health System Employee Reviews

Butler Health System is becoming an innovative place to work and go to for health care.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Butler, PANovember 3, 2016
I have worked at BHS for the greater part of the last 30 yrs of my nursing career. I have worked in many areas of the hospital including med/surg in various units, oncology, rehab and transitional care. Most presently I work in the woman's health field that includes labor, delivery, and post partum. We also care for women gynecological surgeries. I have worked in both staff nurse and charge nurse positions. For the most part, it has been a rewarding career and great place to work for a small town hospital. Lately I have had the urge to look for something in a kinder climate than western Pa. and expand my knowledge and experiences in a more progressive place.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
I feel the hospital in general needs to update and get with more current trends in women's care
Friendly Atmosphere
Registration Representative (Former Employee) –  Butler, PAJanuary 18, 2016
I loved working for BMH. It was always a friendly atmosphere with great employees to work with. Management was wonderful and caring as well. I loved being able to help with patients the best way that I could. Very enjoyable and rewarding
Office enviornment
Administrative Intern (Former Employee) –  Butler, PAAugust 6, 2015
My internship with Butler Health System gave me a real time impression of what a job in health care is like. Not only was I able gain valuable experience but I also met the requirements of the internship.
Phlebotomy intern summary review
Phlebotomy Intern (Former Employee) –  Slippery Rock, PAJanuary 18, 2015
I thought that butler health system had a wonderful staff and a very organized work environment. I greatly enjoyed my internship. I learned a very extensive amount of information from opening procedures to registry and various other tests.
Pros
Every part of this job was a pro to me. I enjoyed every second.
Cons
There were no cons.
Love it
Central Communications Operator (Current Employee) –  Butler, PAOctober 21, 2014
Plenty of advancement opportunities, willing to work with you
Very personable group to work with,cohesive,customer oriented
LEAD SONOGRAPHER/MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Butler, PAOctober 29, 2012
Having worked at Butler Health System for 30 years has been extremely rewarding for my family and I.I 've always strived to take the initiative to learn the latest approaches to better imaging.Butler
is 35 miles north of Pittsburgh located in a rural setting and was very conducive in raising a family in safe and positive environment,Butler
Health system has seven outreach services which I have been involved in managing the Ultrasound need.We have always been a customer first service oriented care hospital.
Management in certain departments need a facelift
Medical Surgical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Butler, PASeptember 9, 2012
radiology department needs a do over in top dogs it's not your experience it's who you know for promotions. If you don't agree you get blackballed
Pros
good salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Butler Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5