Butler Hospital Employee Reviews

Enjoyed every position I had at Butler
SECRETARY, Partial Hospital, Internal Medicine (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIMay 23, 2017
Butler Hospital is staffed with caring professionals. I loved my job, the atmosphere and the people I worked with. I was so sorry to leave the perfect job because of layoffs.
Great place to work.
Clinical Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIMay 19, 2017
• Assist with patients during the assessment process.
• Act as a liaison with a busy psychiatric emergency room with outside facilities, patients, nurses and doctors.
• Extensive phone work, including gathering clinical history and insurance information
Awesome, dedicated staff
Mental Health Worker (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIMay 1, 2017
Butler hospital was a great place to work! The staff are invested, caring and do their best to improve the outcomes of their patients. I learned a ton and worked with some amazing people!
Pros
Benefits, people
Cons
physical demands, patient satisfaction of psych patients
Fast paced with good teamwork
STAFF RN (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIApril 7, 2017
I would recommend this place to a friend. I worked with addicts and alcoholics, who are an underrepresented part of society, and it was rewarding to do so.
great high school/college job
Mental Health Worker (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIFebruary 25, 2017
very fun atmosphere, professional, good co worker, best job for high school/ home for college, awesome boss, great leadership and management
Psychiatric facility that strives to provide quality based care.
Intensive Treatment Nurse Manager (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIFebruary 17, 2017
This facility strives to provide the utmost quality care to each patient. The staff are incredibly patient, caring, and flexible. It's a wonderful opportunity to learn as you work, as there is collaboration with neurology, medicine, and occupational therapy. It also has a research department which is associated with Brown University which again, can provide educational opportunities.
Pros
Staff and management work together to achieve the best possible outcome for each patient.
Cons
It is a mentally and physically trying environment, You really have to love what you do to endure what each day brings you.
Excellent team work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Kent UnitFebruary 2, 2017
The staff at Butler Hospital exemplifies what it means to be a member of a team. They support one another and encourage a positive attitude every day. I know and trust my team members to be there when I need them. Management is supportive of advancement and continuing education. Job security is excellent.
Pros
Union
Rewarding Careers
CLINICAL ACCESS SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJanuary 19, 2017
Rewarding careers in mental health. The opportunity to help patients with mental health and substance abuse issues. A very caring staff and beautiful grounds.
Excellent Experience Inroduction to Mental Health Field
MENTAL HEALTH WORKER (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJanuary 4, 2017
Upon receiving degree in psychology, an entry level position as a Mental Health Worker gives an individual the opportunity to see all aspects of working in an inpatient facility.
Medical Records Manager
Resume (Former Employee) –  resumeAugust 10, 2016
Excellent contract
Good management
well trained staff
Storage of records - need more
New type of record
40 to 50 hours a week
A typical day at work.
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIJuly 5, 2016
I tend to start into my assignment or project very promptly. I don't like to wait to the last minute to get the job done. Butler Hospital is a good organization. Very good work/life balance.
Wonderful place to work
OTA (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIMay 26, 2016
I can't say enough about the staff at Butler Hospital. Everyone is friendly, helpful, and cares about the patients. We laugh on a daily basis. The toughest part of the job, is seeing someone having a difficult time on the inpatient units.
Management bends over backwards to make sure that everyone is safe (patients and staff) and they truly care about their employees.

The only things I don't like about this job are my schedule and the pay. In my position, I am unable to take on extra shifts to earn extra money and my current hours don't allow me to work per diem any where else.
Wonderful organization
Safety Monitor (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIMay 18, 2016
Excellent establishment. Great benefits plus a very positive work atmosphere that makes you love your job. Great place to work if you are working your way through college.
Great group of workers, flawed leadership
Mental Health Worker (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIMay 17, 2016
Butler is a great place to work. I am also applying to this hospital as an RN. The people you work with will become your friends
Very good teaching hospital
RN (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIApril 3, 2016
A typical day of work for myself requires being able to acclimate my nursing skills to a variation of different units throughout the hospital. On a typical day of work, I could be working with the geriatrics, the adolescents, or with the most psychotic individuals in the state. I have learned about many different mental health issues and what it takes to improve their quality of life.
Great Internship and Per Diem
Social Services Clinician (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIMarch 16, 2016
I have enjoyed my internship at Butler Hospital. The staff is incredibly friendly. My supervisors and coworkers are very helpful. I feel that I have made a difference for my patients.
Fun
Medical Outpatient Representative (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIFebruary 29, 2016
I love working at Butler . Everyone seems to be enjoying there job. Good Customer service seems to radiate throughout the hospital
Mental Health Worker/ Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIFebruary 27, 2016
During my workday at Butler Hospital, I provided patient care to elderly patients. My work provides me with satisfaction knowing that I am helping others in need.
Fun and Knowledgeable
Volunteer/Intern (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJanuary 25, 2016
I love the people I work beside. They are my family. Great people attract great people. I love having the freedom to experiment and fail, and still support my actions. We have been asked for an opinion on a regular basis, and we are allowed to speak our mind without fear. I love being a part of something larger that makes a difference. I love that everyone cares and that you have flexibility when needed. I love the variety. Every day is different and I get to interact with such a varied groups/people. It means I am always learning
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No Breaks
productive and fun group to work with
Charge Nurse, Chemical Dependency/Psych Unit (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIDecember 29, 2015
I appreciate the dedicated friends I worked with. We make the world a better place to live.
The Doctors were great and worked well with the Nursing staff. They were very approachable and gave great feedback on each situation. I appreciate the support and team approach to providing great patient care.
Pros
good benifits
Cons
short staffing