Butler Hospital Employee Reviews

A typical day at work.
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIJuly 5, 2016
I tend to start into my assignment or project very promptly. I don't like to wait to the last minute to get the job done. Butler Hospital is a good organization. Very good work/life balance.
Wonderful place to work
OTA (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIMay 26, 2016
I can't say enough about the staff at Butler Hospital. Everyone is friendly, helpful, and cares about the patients. We laugh on a daily basis. The toughest part of the job, is seeing someone having a difficult time on the inpatient units.
Management bends over backwards to make sure that everyone is safe (patients and staff) and they truly care about their employees.

The only things I don't like about this job are my schedule and the pay. In my position, I am unable to take on extra shifts to earn extra money and my current hours don't allow me to work per diem any where else.
Wonderful organization
Safety Monitor (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIMay 18, 2016
Excellent establishment. Great benefits plus a very positive work atmosphere that makes you love your job. Great place to work if you are working your way through college.
Great group of workers, flawed leadership
Mental Health Worker (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIMay 17, 2016
Butler is a great place to work. I am also applying to this hospital as an RN. The people you work with will become your friends
Very good teaching hospital
RN (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIApril 3, 2016
A typical day of work for myself requires being able to acclimate my nursing skills to a variation of different units throughout the hospital. On a typical day of work, I could be working with the geriatrics, the adolescents, or with the most psychotic individuals in the state. I have learned about many different mental health issues and what it takes to improve their quality of life.
Great Internship and Per Diem
Social Services Clinician (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIMarch 16, 2016
I have enjoyed my internship at Butler Hospital. The staff is incredibly friendly. My supervisors and coworkers are very helpful. I feel that I have made a difference for my patients.
Fun
Medical Outpatient Representative (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIFebruary 29, 2016
I love working at Butler . Everyone seems to be enjoying there job. Good Customer service seems to radiate throughout the hospital
Mental Health Worker/ Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIFebruary 27, 2016
During my workday at Butler Hospital, I provided patient care to elderly patients. My work provides me with satisfaction knowing that I am helping others in need.
Fun and Knowledgeable
Volunteer/Intern (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJanuary 25, 2016
I love the people I work beside. They are my family. Great people attract great people. I love having the freedom to experiment and fail, and still support my actions. We have been asked for an opinion on a regular basis, and we are allowed to speak our mind without fear. I love being a part of something larger that makes a difference. I love that everyone cares and that you have flexibility when needed. I love the variety. Every day is different and I get to interact with such a varied groups/people. It means I am always learning
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No Breaks
productive and fun group to work with
Charge Nurse, Chemical Dependency/Psych Unit (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIDecember 29, 2015
I appreciate the dedicated friends I worked with. We make the world a better place to live.
The Doctors were great and worked well with the Nursing staff. They were very approachable and gave great feedback on each situation. I appreciate the support and team approach to providing great patient care.
Pros
good benifits
Cons
short staffing
Absolutely loved working there!!!
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Providence, RISeptember 11, 2015
I enjoyed the though days as well as the easier days due to the great co-workers I had the pleasure of meeting over the many years at Butler Hospital. I learned a great deal about my patients as well as myself through the experiences shared.

Management and Administration have been very approachable during the many changes the hospital has gone through. I was always comfortable expressing opinions, even when I just needed to "vent", and the human aspect of the interaction was always respected.

If I had not relocated, I would have retired from this institution, I love it that much.
Pros
Many great co-workers
Cons
Lack of respect patients have for staff
Dedicated Co-workers willing to go the extra mile to help provide excellent patient care.
Charge Nurse, Chemical Dependency/Psych Unit (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIJuly 27, 2015
Becoming an active team member in providing quality patient care was essential for me to learn so I could connect to each individual of my team. Communication skills helped me to make the connection needed to provide care to each individual patient and bring healing. By listening first to each members ideas we were able to collaborate and find solutions to difficult issues. Together we made a positive difference in each patient..
Becoming willing to go the extra mile with providing each patient with the education and advocacy they needed for healing was our common goal of most co-workers.
Butler was an amazing learning experience for me. I am grateful for the opportunity I had working their and very grateful for the great friends I was blessed with while working there. Butler was my work family.
Great workplace
CNE (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIMay 7, 2015
Great staff and organization. Always shown respect and looked at as an equal. Very involved management. Great place to work
Productive and caring environment, efficient and knowledgeable.
Activities Therapist (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIFebruary 23, 2015
Team building and teamwork skills a must. A cohesive group of skilled individuals providing the best in healthcare. Coworkers were a great fit, easy to work with and get along with.
Productive, compassionate place to work.
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIJanuary 13, 2015
A typical day at work consists of running several groups and performing mobility assessments as needed. The bestpart of my job is interacting with patients for my entire shift. Running groups allows me to connect with patients on a level that is most enjoyable.
Teaching Hospital with a dedicated crew of professionals!
Health Information Technician per Diem (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIDecember 1, 2014
I was welcomed into the medical records office and taught how to use each station in the department while I was a full time perDiem.
I was fascinated by medical record codes, and inspired to learn about them by my office manager. I became certified as a medical coder with the AAPC, and attend their monthly meetings. I have also joined AHIMA and enjoy their seasonal meetings because of the excellent speakers and interesting topics. What I most enjoy is networking with other coders, and keeping my skils ready for my next assignment!
We work as a team.
LPN Staff nurse Orthropedic Unit (Current Employee) –  Butler, PAOctober 28, 2014
Busy unit from start to finish. Learn over the years to work well with others . All nursing staff are quantified persons. Most important is work as a team. Together anything and everything is accomplished.
Pros
health benefits
Cons
scheduled changes are difficult sometimes.
Great hospital with great people
Surgical Technician (Current Employee) –  Butler PaAugust 1, 2014
I have been at Butler for 3 1/2 years 2 on night shift. I really love my job and I feel I do it well. I have alot of responsibility at night and run the O.R. myself. I do emergency cases, run tests on autoclaves, set up rooms, ect. It had been a dream of mine and my wife to move south and thats the only reason I would give up such a great job.
Great atmosphere
Full time Level II Fieldwork (Former Employee) –  East Providence, RIJuly 27, 2014
Loved the staff and atmosphere in this facility! It was a great exerience!
Temping at Butler Hospital
Medical Clerk (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIMay 10, 2014
I am blessed to have worked at Butler Hospital. I have learned so much and the staff is great. I would apply to be a permanent employee if there was an opening. It is a great place to work. My co-workers were very friendly and always helpful. The most enjoyable part of the job is I was kept busy all day and it was a relaxed environment, but very productive.
Pros
healthy environment, positive
Cons
not enough hours, would have liked more

4.7