Butler Schein Animal Health

Butler Schein Animal Health Employee Reviews

If you like old school good old boys this might be your place
Sales (Former Employee), Columbus ohioApril 27, 2013
Change is a foreign concept and managers lack decision making skills. Politically run and lots of red tape. Always concerned about their competitors but do nothing but spin their wheels in the mud. Not a place if you are creative and innovated. Management would rather have you chit chat at the water cooler than have any ideas or work. Just a matter of time before the big dogs of the west take over animal health altogether.
Great co-workers and evironment
Inside Sales Representative- Technology Solutions (Current Employee), Dublin, OHDecember 18, 2012
I really have enjoyed working with my co-workers and have learned a great amount that will assist me in my future career opportunities.
Supporting and challenging workplace with a great team atmosphere.
Marketing Meetings Coordinator, Temporary (Current Employee), Columbus, OHMay 12, 2012
Pros: positive work environment and support
Cons: temporary position
It literally seems time has no meaning after you enter the doors at work. Each day is so busy, but worthwhile, that time literally vanishes. I have never worked in such an openly welcoming environment and will hate when it comes to an end. Since I began, I knew it was a temporary position, but they make you feel so appreciated and welcome, it is difficult to contemplate the end of the time there. The most difficult part is when some people do not communicate clearly, but I usually just contact them directly to find the answers I need.
Nice environment but very political
Classified (Former Employee), CorporateMarch 6, 2012
Pros: nice modern environment, some nice sincere people, good benefits, treat employees fairly in most cases
Cons: politics, and more politics!!!
Like any company it has its good and bad. Much of the bad had to do with specific people and a lot of pettiness that went on. There were those that were always quick to stick a dagger into someones back for no reason other than to look good with management. There are bad eggs anywhere you go, that's a given. But most people were down to earth and nice, easy to get along with etc. I found it to be a fun job the first couple of years I was there but then things degraded after the company was bought out. Some good people lost their jobs and some not so good ones got to keep theirs. Anyway, I'm not certain of the current state of affairs at this company but my latest contact with one of my fellow coworkers didn't paint a pretty picture. He has since left for a more lucrative, professional position. He was one of the most brilliant programmers I've ever met and this company was not smart enough to recognize his talents and pay him what he was worth. Their loss! I'd have to say upper (executive) management isn't the brightest group in the world. But it seems that the ones with the most educations and no real world experience seem to rise to their given level of ineptness which is the case in most companies. This was just my experience and personal insight. You may have a completely different experience depending on what your role is. Like I said, I did like working there and it was one of the best jobs I've had. No company is perfect and this one isn't any worse than others I've seen. Maybe its even improved some since the buy out.