BUTLER TRANSPORT Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Door to Door Shuttle Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Westminster, MDOctober 31, 2017
I would definitely recommend this employer. It is one of the easiest most rewarding jobs i have ever obtained. I would go back if the opportunity arose.
Great place to start at
OTR Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSAugust 9, 2017
Butler really treats its trainees like a part of the Butler family. 5 stars from me compared to other companies who want to put you on a bus and even some that wants you to pay for your own room and food to attend orientation. There safety training is tops in the industry. Safety is most important in my eyes so for the Butler staff to go above and beyond stressing the safety aspects of the industry is right up my alley and what I was looking for. Driver trainers are excellent too.
Pros
Take good care of trainees
Cons
Getting used to waiting
Overall good company
Driver (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJuly 10, 2017
Overall Butler is a good company to work for. Pay could be better, but they have good equipment and do there best to keep you running.
Yes there are times that you may have to sit and wait for a load, but on average, I always had a load within an hour or so.

Getting ready to go back for the 2nd time.
Pros
good equipment, and staff
Cons
pay
Butler Transport
Office personnel (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSMay 19, 2017
Safety Mgr harasses the drivers especially those with cameras. Poorly managed. Employees are compensated decently, but no 401K and terrible insurance package. Company gets load detention, but will not pay drivers for detention. Extremely hostel HR/Payroll person.
Pros
Give those a chance that have a previous questionable record
Cons
Micromanaging of drivers by safety and poor management.
They are always updating equipment
Driver (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSMay 16, 2017
I had an accident that was not my fault and I got blamed anyway. Very safety oriented and dot minded good equipment good dispatchers.
Pros
Pay + per diem
Cons
Insurance too high
Fun easy job
Professional Valet Driver (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 25, 2017
I started this job as a second job for supplemental income. I really enjoy it! each day is something different and you get to interact with plenty of different interesting individuals. Co-workers are great and young crowd. Very very fun
Do your job. Dont start sh#t You will be just fine.
Driver, dispatcher (Former Employee) –  kcksApril 12, 2017
Worked for them numerous times. You do your job and be professional. They will treat you the same. Act like a dumba#s. Well you get the picture. They try to accomodate hometime. This is a business. If you need that much hometime work at Mcdonalds. If the wheels aint spinning then the bills dont get paid..
Pros
Truck like a pro. Treated like one.
Very rewarding
ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSMarch 14, 2017
I liked working at Butler Transport. It challenged me everyday. I enjoyed my work and everyone that I worked with. I liked learning new things and being able to learn new processes.
Ok
Truck Driver Class Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJanuary 24, 2017
Ok good place,people ok help you when you need it and mechanics work hard to get your truck in too fix on time works are good too talk too.
Pros
Ok good place
Cons
Ok good place
Good people
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJanuary 4, 2017
Good people keep you moving honest and dependable good benefit package for drivers honest dispatch treet you like a person not a number owners care about the drivers

Want to know more about BUTLER TRANSPORT?

Ask a question
would never recommend
Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDJuly 12, 2016
complete lack of respect for employees from management. Frequent equipment failures. Orientation paints a picture of what they hope the company is but when you get into the field there is a complete disconnect between their fantasy dreams and how it is ran in reality. Management has been known to mess around with employees pay checks and even with hold pay.
Most personable company I have ever worked for
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJune 23, 2016
My manager here is the most personable man you can ask for. They truly have an open door policy and will talk to you about any concerns that you have. If you don't see eye to eye they want to know what would make you happy and come up with some kind of compromise. Their salary is above expected and they offer great benefits. Couldn't ask for a better company to work for.
Pros
Open and honest
Cons
none really only thing maybe 401k
I enjoyed my job never complained
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSFebruary 19, 2016
I scraped a fix object on side of my bumper. Less then $300 to replace. I was willing to except full responsibility in paying for it. Safety refuse and report it on my DAC report as a preventable incident(That's on my DAC for 10yrs). Someone busted my window while I was asleep in my truck. Safety report it on my DAC as a nonpeventable. I got stuck in my yard, had to get it towed 10ft. They billed me and it was reported on my DAC as a preventable incident. They will not warn or talk to you of what's going to be reported on your DAC until it's too late and your fired.
Pros
Enjoy traving
Cons
Safety personnel will have no mercy in reporting everything on your DAC report.
Cheap
applicant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSSeptember 5, 2015
Company has only 10 wheelers. And they don't have snow chains for them. (They say they're too expensive.) No personal advances are allowed. Their phones ring non stop over orientation pay. And they mail your pay checks to your house.
Pros
easy to get hired
Cons
no money
ive opportunity to anyone qualified.
Driver Associate (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSSeptember 3, 2015
Nice place to work, though some dispatchers make job harder than it has to be. Needs to update equipment. Don't have anymore to tell you.
a last resort in employment
OTR Tractor Trailer Driver (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJanuary 10, 2015
dispatchers don't care about the drivers nor understand what it takes to effectively transport freight. Neputism runs high here. If you're not on their favorites list you will not get consistent miles, raises, bonuses or pay. Safety personnel frames drivers and pin incidents on them to cover their rear-ends. They will have you switch loads with a driver to get a driver home time completely ignoring your desire to be off and home. Trucks are substandard and are always in the shop with a mechanical issue to be new equipment. All members of personnel are disrespectful to their drivers and also take them for granted.
Pros
they will give you a job
Cons
they lie on you, unwanted solicitation, try to blackball you
I like to travle.Meet poeple and see things.
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSAugust 19, 2013
liked to travel and have fun.meet people. see a lot of new places. Buy new things.
Pros
Traving
Cons
Being away from home
fun otr job freedom
Driver (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSOctober 10, 2012
loved working here It brought freedom to my lifestyle and great home time to see my family