BUTLER TRANSPORT Employee Reviews

Good people
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJanuary 4, 2017
Good people keep you moving honest and dependable good benefit package for drivers honest dispatch treet you like a person not a number owners care about the drivers
Most personable company I have ever worked for
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJune 23, 2016
My manager here is the most personable man you can ask for. They truly have an open door policy and will talk to you about any concerns that you have. If you don't see eye to eye they want to know what would make you happy and come up with some kind of compromise. Their salary is above expected and they offer great benefits. Couldn't ask for a better company to work for.
Pros
Open and honest
Cons
none really only thing maybe 401k
I enjoyed my job never complained
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSFebruary 19, 2016
I scraped a fix object on side of my bumper. Less then $300 to replace. I was willing to except full responsibility in paying for it. Safety refuse and report it on my DAC report as a preventable incident(That's on my DAC for 10yrs). Someone busted my window while I was asleep in my truck. Safety report it on my DAC as a nonpeventable. I got stuck in my yard, had to get it towed 10ft. They billed me and it was reported on my DAC as a preventable incident. They will not warn or talk to you of what's going to be reported on your DAC until it's too late and your fired.
Pros
Enjoy traving
Cons
Safety personnel will have no mercy in reporting everything on your DAC report.
Cheap
applicant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSSeptember 5, 2015
Company has only 10 wheelers. And they don't have snow chains for them. (They say they're too expensive.) No personal advances are allowed. Their phones ring non stop over orientation pay. And they mail your pay checks to your house.
Pros
easy to get hired
Cons
no money
ive opportunity to anyone qualified.
Driver Associate (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSSeptember 3, 2015
Nice place to work, though some dispatchers make job harder than it has to be. Needs to update equipment. Don't have anymore to tell you.
a last resort in employment
OTR Tractor Trailer Driver (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJanuary 10, 2015
dispatchers don't care about the drivers nor understand what it takes to effectively transport freight. Neputism runs high here. If you're not on their favorites list you will not get consistent miles, raises, bonuses or pay. Safety personnel frames drivers and pin incidents on them to cover their rear-ends. They will have you switch loads with a driver to get a driver home time completely ignoring your desire to be off and home. Trucks are substandard and are always in the shop with a mechanical issue to be new equipment. All members of personnel are disrespectful to their drivers and also take them for granted.
Pros
they will give you a job
Cons
they lie on you, unwanted solicitation, try to blackball you
I like to travle.Meet poeple and see things.
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSAugust 19, 2013
liked to travel and have fun.meet people. see a lot of new places. Buy new things.
Pros
Traving
Cons
Being away from home
fun otr job freedom
Driver (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSOctober 10, 2012
loved working here It brought freedom to my lifestyle and great home time to see my family