BUTLER UNIVERSITY Employee Reviews

Busy college with great employment opportunities
Cook/Prep customer service (Former Employee) –  atherton unionJanuary 10, 2017
First coming in here is prep, and students coming here and there greet them with great smiles. I learned how to take food temp, cook very well, and also learned about the different types of healthy foods. Management was pretty much a competition, a lot of confusion people not showing up for work. The employees are great, they work with you very patiently. The hardest part was working a shift by yourself when no one wants to show up for work but other then that its a pretty lenient job. The best part of the job is the BIG RUSH of the day when all the college kids are starving and im doing like 10 million things at once an amazing environmental for a beginner.
Pros
fun employees, smiles
Cons
healthcare, union, wrongfully fired
very flexible
Building Services (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 7, 2016
i enjoyed the freedom and campus that freedom the job offered.Working on campus was my favorite thing and knowing that i would be doing something that required decision making.
Pros
freedom
Cons
n/a
Prestigious Name - "Everything that glitters isnt Gold
Administrative Specialist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 15, 2016
There is no diversity and no room for growth. The salary is insulting and they operate behind times. Very traditional. Controlling environment
Pros
Benefits, Workshops, and Students
Cons
No diversity no room for growth and its a elderly campus full of old people
Toxic culture and poor administration
Secretary/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 9, 2016
Entitled, arrogant culture promoted by administrators, instructors and staff.
Poor communication by administration to employees.
Unwillingness to resolve conflicts that are detrimental to employee's safety, well-being and overall working environment.
Productive and Organized Enviroment
Defensive Line Coach /Scout Team Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 23, 2015
Great place to work. Real sense of commmunity. The culture established within the community promotes sucess and hard work. The support staff and administration does a great job working together and problem solving.
really nice place to work
cook (Current Employee) –  indianapolisAugust 2, 2015
worked as cook taking temps prep worked cleaned line.everyone was real nice I really like cooking there prepared meals served meals
good
good
Bu dawgs
Student (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 5, 2015
Great school that gave me a lot of opportunities. Good professors which taught in a fun environment.
They give you the tools to use in the workforce.
The classes are hard but the feeling of success is worth it.
Hinkle FieldHouse will become your second home.
Pros
beautiful campus, improving yearly, great class size, you what you put in
Cons
they expect a lot, not the school to mess around at, expensive, greek life is BIG here
Fun place to work
COOK (Current Employee) –  indianapolis, inMarch 5, 2015
It is a nice place to work and teaches you a lot of things. Like working with others, making sure things are done right and done on time. Also learn to assist others when my work is done. Also always staying on my teams making sure things do not run out.
Great Benefits
Associate Director (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 13, 2014
I did not like the Butler culture. There was not enough diversity, and even with a diversity commission, the outlook seemed bleak. The staff acted genuinely concerned for the welfare of the students, but put more restrictions on them than gave them the tools to succeed.
Great benefits. Tuition remission after nine months of working for the University. Really great perk!
Pros
tuition remission
Cons
diversity, culture
Wonderful mentor
UNIVERSITY SWITCHBOARD OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 5, 2014
My supervisor was phenomenal, and has still, to this day, offered me support, guidance, and wonderful reference.
I enjoyed being the voice of the university and offering my positivity to all who reached out to our institution.
A great place to work and many great people with which to work.
Residence Life Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 30, 2014
Butler is a great place to work. However, I am a Residence Hall Director, newly engaged, and live on-campus in the residence hall that I direct. Being single works great living in the residence hall. Being married and living in the residence hall, not so great.
Excellent environment
Account Manager & Business Analyst, IT (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 4, 2014
Butler is an amazing institution that works daily on performing to a truly constituent centered environment.
Great People
Director of Operations, Women's Basketball (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 4, 2014
I enjoyed the people I worked with very much. The work I did was challenging but fulfilling. I was not compensated very well which is why I have started looking for other opportunities.
Wonderful School
Furthered skills in camera management (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 24, 2014
I absolutely love attending Butler University, and am very enthusiastic about what I have learned here, as well as what I will take with me.
Good place to teach with students who wanted to learn
Adjunct Instructor of Music (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 26, 2013
my years at Butler have been profitable from the perspective of being able to stay current in my teaching field. I am happy to report that I was well received by fellow teachers, and the work environment was always very welcoming and safe.
Great university to work for
Teacher's Assistant, Zoology (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 10, 2013
Worked for my professor- loved it, learned a lot and gained valuable skills in biology.
Pros
hands-on experience in research
Cons
balancing work and study
nice atmosphere
Building services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 16, 2012
i met alot of good people and learned alot a really good school with an excellent academic program
Overall a great place to work
Evening Circulation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 13, 2012
This was one of my overall favorite jobs ever. Campus life was vibrant and stimulating.
Pros
beautiful campus. great environment to work in.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BUTLER UNIVERSITY. Our community is ready to answer.

BUTLER UNIVERSITY Reviews by Location