BUTLER UNIVERSITY Employee Reviews

really nice place to work
cook (Current Employee) –  indianapolisAugust 2, 2015
worked as cook taking temps prep worked cleaned line.everyone was real nice I really like cooking there prepared meals served meals
good
good
BU DAWGS
Student (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 5, 2015
Great school that gave me a lot of opportunities. Good professors which taught in a fun environment.
They give you the tools to use in the workforce.
The classes are hard but the feeling of success is worth it.
Hinkle FieldHouse will become your second home.
Pros
beautiful campus, improving yearly, great class size, you what you put in
Cons
they expect a lot, not the school to mess around at, expensive, greek life is BIG here
FUN PLACE TO WORK
COOK (Current Employee) –  indianapolis, inMarch 5, 2015
IT IS A NICE PLACE TO WORK AND TEACHES YOU A LOT OF THINGS. LIKE WORKING WITH OTHERS, MAKING SURE THINGS ARE DONE RIGHT AND DONE ON TIME. ALSO LEARN TO ASSIST OTHERS WHEN MY WORK IS DONE. ALSO ALWAYS STAYING ON MY TEAMS MAKING SURE THINGS DO NOT RUN OUT.
Great Benefits
Associate Director (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 13, 2014
I did not like the Butler culture. There was not enough diversity, and even with a diversity commission, the outlook seemed bleak. The staff acted genuinely concerned for the welfare of the students, but put more restrictions on them than gave them the tools to succeed.
Great benefits. Tuition remission after nine months of working for the University. Really great perk!
Pros
tuition remission
Cons
diversity, culture
Wonderful mentor
UNIVERSITY SWITCHBOARD OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 5, 2014
My supervisor was phenomenal, and has still, to this day, offered me support, guidance, and wonderful reference.
I enjoyed being the voice of the university and offering my positivity to all who reached out to our institution.
A great place to work and many great people with which to work.
Residence Life Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 30, 2014
Butler is a great place to work. However, I am a Residence Hall Director, newly engaged, and live on-campus in the residence hall that I direct. Being single works great living in the residence hall. Being married and living in the residence hall, not so great.
Excellent environment
Account Manager & Business Analyst, IT (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 4, 2014
Butler is an amazing institution that works daily on performing to a truly constituent centered environment.
Great People
Director of Operations, Women's Basketball (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 4, 2014
I enjoyed the people I worked with very much. The work I did was challenging but fulfilling. I was not compensated very well which is why I have started looking for other opportunities.
Wonderful School
Furthered skills in camera management (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 24, 2014
I absolutely love attending Butler University, and am very enthusiastic about what I have learned here, as well as what I will take with me.
Good place to teach with students who wanted to learn
Adjunct Instructor of Music (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 26, 2013
my years at Butler have been profitable from the perspective of being able to stay current in my teaching field. I am happy to report that I was well received by fellow teachers, and the work environment was always very welcoming and safe.
Great university to work for
Teacher's Assistant, Zoology (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 10, 2013
Worked for my professor- loved it, learned a lot and gained valuable skills in biology.
Pros
hands-on experience in research
Cons
balancing work and study
nice atmosphere
Building services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 16, 2012
i met alot of good people and learned alot a really good school with an excellent academic program
Overall a great place to work
Evening Circulation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 13, 2012
This was one of my overall favorite jobs ever. Campus life was vibrant and stimulating.
Pros
beautiful campus. great environment to work in.

4.4