Butte College Employee Reviews

Assistant EMS Instructor
Assistant EMS Instructor (Former Employee) –  Oroville, CANovember 19, 2017
They gave me tempt part time work assisting with Paramedic Skills Stations in Paramedic Class. Was a good part time job while looking for full time employment. It would also be a good part time work study job for someone attending classes.
Fun and educational
Professional Expert (Current Employee) –  Oroville, CAOctober 25, 2017
I loved working here. I was a professional expert in EMT and I had the opportunity to assist in the training of new EMTs, many who have been since hired
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oroville, CAOctober 16, 2017
Busy work place at times and did lots of filing. Learned how the Human Resources Department ran in each of their departments. Management was friendly. It is an office on the third floor with 5 different offices and a big filing room. The hardest part of the job was making sure we had all applications for jobs complete. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with staff and students.
Pros
Met new students and staff members
Cons
Sometimes days were slow with work.
Great job as a Student
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oroville, CAOctober 13, 2017
this was a great job as a student, when I graduated I no longer qualified for the position. after graduation the position transitioned into a temporary post and then was cut from the department.
Pros
Great hours, works with School schedule
Cons
unable to retain position after graduation
Student
Technician Program (Former Employee) –  Durham, CASeptember 7, 2017
The EMS-1 course at Butte College was clear and effective. Student teachers provided more sources of knowledge and aided in teaching course content. The hands on environment truly helped me learn.
Cafeteria work
Student Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oroville, CAAugust 6, 2017
Everything that no one got done was where I began my day, forgoing my listed duties. I also assisted in supervising the Pizza Dept. Skills: Staying Professional in a less than adequate professional environment
Student Volunteer
Student Athletic Trainer Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Oroville, CAJune 16, 2017
Worked in the Sports Medicine Department as a volunteer. Excellent program, not so great faculty. Faculty made no attempt to review my progress or tell me areas to work on for improvement. Fast paced environment, working with athletes, great camaraderie.
It was hot but you stayed busy
Orientation Leader (Former Employee) –  Oroville, CAJune 5, 2017
It was a 4 day fair and I got to work in the sun most of the time but run and showing people where to park was a lot of fun. Everyone was nice. We had a few customers that were rude and tried to run us over but for the most part it was fun.
A fun and professional work place
Librarian Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oroville, CAApril 20, 2017
Love this job! Everyone was very professional, helped each other to get stuff down, everyone enjoy each other's company at work and I love working with a lot of happy people due to good positive supervisor.
Pros
Good managments makes you want to work harder because you get appreciated
Cons
Laid off due to budget cut
Fast paced and upbeat work environment as a Butte College Library Student Assistant
Library Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oroville, CAJanuary 12, 2017
Working with the large student body and staff at the Butte College library gave me an opportunity to learn campus computer programs, the library shelving system (consisting of three floors of circulation items), multi-tasking, and how to cultivate a customer service approach to many varied questions and issues on a large college campus.
Pros
Student assistant position worked around any and scheduling needs for classes life needs.
Cons
Minimal hours with large staff.
Productive, stay busy, and very diverse.
Dining Service (Former Employee) –  Oroville, CAAugust 2, 2016
The entire day we have to stay busy, working in making sure to give great customer service. I would open the dining service every other day and open the deli every other day as well. I would handle customer complaints and would attend them to their needs. We would prepare for the following day in whatever is needed for example prepare the meat for the next days to come. Always stay forcused on our tasks and always have a positive attitude.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Payed monthly
Excellent place to workout
Wellness Intern (Former Employee) –  Oroville, CAMarch 10, 2016
A typical day I would do 5-10 personal fitness assessments and work one-on-one with 2-3 individuals on their personal fitness goals.
I learned how to be proactive in engaging clients and building rapport. I was able to practice my Motivational Interviewing techniques. I learned how not to argue, but to roll-with-it as I was taught in my classes.
The management was supportive and complimentary. My co-workers were cheerful and encouraging.
The hardest part of the job was having to ask a student to leave because they were not prepared for the class.
The most enjoyable part of the job was developing a personal fitness plan with a client and celebrating their milestone goals. To see my years of education in action was the most rewarding part.
Pros
I had access to the gym before and after my working shift.
Cons
Limited number of weekly hours
love everything about the place
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Oroville, CAJanuary 29, 2016
it is a very fun place to work for a student. i larned a lot of things whjile working there. i learned how to work a cashier and more work of my customer siervice skills
Pros
free lunch under 6.00
Cons
nothing
working on a college degree
student (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAJuly 3, 2015
working on getting a college degree, but then life happened and now i have a beautiful son, but was unable to finish my degree as of yet
Pros
degree equals better jobs
Cons
tales time to get degree
Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  Oroville, CAJune 21, 2015
Great coworkers, always willing to help. great supervisory staff, Great directer. Schools are the best places to work.
Positive environment
Computer Tutor (Former Employee) –  Oroville.CAJanuary 6, 2015
The center for academic success is a very quiet, but very good place to work and learn.
I learned about how to handle computers and various computer programs with ease.
The hardest part of the job was to over come my difficulties with both numbers and words.
The most enjoyable part was the knowledge that I was helping others to better understand the world of computers.
Good Learning Environment
Computer Tutor (Former Employee) –  Oroville, CAJanuary 3, 2015
Monitored the computer labs and made sure that any one who needed help received prompt and thorough aid with any computer issues they might have.
The management was strict and very thorough to make sure that only the best tutors were offered to aid the students who arrived.
The hardest part was staring at a computer screen for hours at a time.
The most enjoyable part was helping people to better understand the technology they were using.
Pros
Flexible hours
great experence
Student (Former Employee) –  Oroville, CASeptember 19, 2014
learned a few things that most people don't know. Great course
Pros
knowledge
Cons
long 14 to 16 hour day 7 days a week
busy yet satisfying
Student Assistant-Financial Aid Office (Former Employee) –  Oroville, CAJune 12, 2014
loved working there and helping students daily. wish I could of been hired permanently.
Very busy office environment with high volume of phone calls and paperwork
Administrative Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oroville, CAFebruary 12, 2014
I usually have a lot of scanning of invoices and filing to do in the mornings. If the chair of the Family and Consumer Science comes into the office, I know its time to get into the process of processing and issuing Early Childhood Education Certificates. I do a lot of clerical work for about 6 departments, but mostly just the Welding and Family and Consumer Science Departments. I also make deliveries for our department all over campus. I do most of this while also answering our multi-line telephone system and making calls to students when a class has been canceled. I am entrusted with personal information of students such as transcripts and financial records. It is a great job for someone to obtain necessary skills for a higher placement career. It is a great starting point for students. I am graduating this semester and will be needing more than just a starting point.
Pros
Experience and a lot of people depend on me