Butte College Employee Reviews

working on a college degree
student (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAJuly 3, 2015
working on getting a college degree, but then life happened and now i have a beautiful son, but was unable to finish my degree as of yet
Pros
degree equals better jobs
Cons
tales time to get degree
Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  Oroville, CAJune 21, 2015
Great coworkers, always willing to help. great supervisory staff, Great directer. Schools are the best places to work.
Positive environment
Computer Tutor (Former Employee) –  Oroville.CAJanuary 6, 2015
The center for academic success is a very quiet, but very good place to work and learn.
I learned about how to handle computers and various computer programs with ease.
The hardest part of the job was to over come my difficulties with both numbers and words.
The most enjoyable part was the knowledge that I was helping others to better understand the world of computers.
Good Learning Environment
Computer Tutor (Former Employee) –  Oroville, CAJanuary 3, 2015
Monitored the computer labs and made sure that any one who needed help received prompt and thorough aid with any computer issues they might have.
The management was strict and very thorough to make sure that only the best tutors were offered to aid the students who arrived.
The hardest part was staring at a computer screen for hours at a time.
The most enjoyable part was helping people to better understand the technology they were using.
Pros
flexible hours
great experence
Student (Former Employee) –  Oroville, CASeptember 19, 2014
learned a few things that most people don't know. Great course
Pros
knowledge
Cons
long 14 to 16 hour day 7 days a week
busy yet satisfying
Student Assistant-Financial Aid Office (Former Employee) –  Oroville, CAJune 12, 2014
loved working there and helping students daily. wish I could of been hired permanently.
Very busy office environment with high volume of phone calls and paperwork
Administrative Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oroville, CAFebruary 12, 2014
I usually have a lot of scanning of invoices and filing to do in the mornings. If the chair of the Family and Consumer Science comes into the office, I know its time to get into the process of processing and issuing Early Childhood Education Certificates. I do a lot of clerical work for about 6 departments, but mostly just the Welding and Family and Consumer Science Departments. I also make deliveries for our department all over campus. I do most of this while also answering our multi-line telephone system and making calls to students when a class has been canceled. I am entrusted with personal information of students such as transcripts and financial records. It is a great job for someone to obtain necessary skills for a higher placement career. It is a great starting point for students. I am graduating this semester and will be needing more than just a starting point.
Pros
experience and a lot of people depend on me
It was a very rewarding job
Office assistant (Former Employee) –  Oroville, CAJanuary 14, 2014
The Job worked with my school schedule and the people I worked with were very nice.
Never a dull moment
Professional Development Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oroville, CAOctober 8, 2013
Not only have I been a full time student, but I have had the privilege to work on campus in a variety of different departments during the course of my academic career. It has been a truly rewarding experience and each supervisor has given me that extra stepping stone to be the best for my future career. Currently, I work in Professional Development, the Archives, and Circulation, all within the Library building of Butte College; however they are all different entities, with different responsibilities. ProDev is a lot of data entry and filing nice and quiet, but sometimes not because of meetings in the Center of Excellence right outside my office. I enjoy listening to the contents sometimes. The Archives, is also quiet, more than not, and I scan and put away artifacts and then put their information in an Access database. I enjoy seeing how history has made what is today. Circulation is where I get one-on-one exposure with student body and check in and out books to students and faculty. I also help with any computer needs or help students with what they need in general. In addition to tending to copiers, fax machines, and scanners. Everyone I work with is wonderful.
Pros
they work with my class schedule for this last semester.
Cons
no healthcare benifits.
Butte College is awesome
Student Orientation Leader (Former Employee) –  Oroville, CAOctober 3, 2013
I loved working at Butte College and I hope to return to the College one day as a full time staff member.

Want to know more about Butte College?

Ask a question
very friendly staff
Student Teacher/Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Oroville, CAAugust 24, 2013
Good place to work i learned a lot that i needed to prepare for having a job
positive vibe
ID Card Producer (Former Employee) –  Oroville, CAAugust 12, 2013
Supervisors and employee's were positive and helpful, laid back but hard work too. learn how to access to the program that they have on the computer.
Great place and great people
Electrical Technician (Former Employee) –  Oroville, CAJuly 25, 2013
I assisted the head electrician in any electrical duty around the college. Including pulling new and fixing existing electrical circuits, as well as repairing power outages.
Student Assistant
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oroville, CAMarch 16, 2013
Assisted students with questions, answered phones, worked in the mail room, stuffed envelopes
Pros
i liked being a receptionist
Cons
sometimes the students were rude
I was a student that worked for the college
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oroville, CASeptember 25, 2012
I loved the fact that I was a student that worked for the instructors or other areas of the college. I learned a lot as well as got mentored by my employers. The ability to meet potential future employers was also available.
Pros
worked around my class schedule.
Cons
pay was minimum wage always as a student and no benefits were offered due to being only part time.
Great School
Student (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAAugust 1, 2012
The staff was very supportive of their students and athletes. They cared about them succeeding and their well being.
Pros
everything
Excellent job opportunity for students
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oroville, CAMay 12, 2012
Most days the morning is spend booking daily drop-in appointments and running any necessary paperwork. Afternoons are much slower and usually involve booking future appointments and answering basic questions.
Good starter job
Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  Oroville, CAApril 7, 2012
Tutored while going to school.

They worked around my class schedule and were able to match me with students who needed help in courses I was experienced with.
Great Learning Astablishment
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Oroville, CAMarch 14, 2012
I had a great time at Butte College, I would do it all over in a second if ask to.
Pros
flexible class schedules
Cons
not enough parking for students

4.5