Butte County Office Of Education Employee Reviews in United States

Good Human Resources and higher Management
School Activity Assistant 1 (Current Employee) –  Cedarwood Elementary School, Magalia, CAAugust 21, 2015
Fun to work with my students, and good contact with parent/guardians. Can be a fun work environment most of the time. Have met many good co-workers and became close friends with them. At times the site supervisor has made work feel very uncomfortable and hostile, so that along with the late afternoon hours is why I am interested in searching for another job.
Pros
You can learn a whole lot from the students, you are not the only one teaching, The other School Activity Assitant 1's are great people to work with, very easy going, they all get along well, and make great team members, Also I have the pleasure of having my own children at my work site.
Cons
The site supervisor has made the work place feel hostile, and very uncomfortable at times, For me the late afternoon hours, this could be a plus for another individual
Fun and exciting position
Kitchen Manager & Food Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Oroville, CAJuly 10, 2015
Travel to various school sites to monitor and make sure they are following USDA guidelines. I supervise twenty school sites and approximately 30 employees. Help with ordering and create new recipes. In charge of hiring, firing and scheduling of employees.
Pros
Excellent compensation and milage
Cons
Only a seasonal job
Good job,great coworkers and management staff
Casual Custodian (Former Employee) –  Oroville, CAMay 19, 2015
I had a difficult time with my schedule from my other part time job to fit their time frame. The people there tried their best to fit me in but I only get called at the last moment and could not really work it around my other weekly posted schedule unfortunately.
Pros
great job with potentials
Cons
schedule conflict with another job at the time
Migrant Student Advisor (Current Employee) –  Yuba City, CAMay 22, 2014
My typical day at work is dealing with migrant education students. Working with students in classrooms and provide extra help with homework, classwork, projects, etc. Co-workers are very nice and the management is always offering to help. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the students improve in their classes. I have learned a great deal in the last year. Working with Butte County of Education has greatly improved my knowledge working with students and contributing to the students success. I look forward to working with BCOE in the coming years.
My overall experience with butte county is not very promising.
Instructional Aide (Former Employee) –  Durham, CAJanuary 16, 2014
A typical day at work not fun at all, did not learn anytime but negativity from but co-workers and intimidation. The job could be fun if supervisors don't intimidate you. The most enjoyable part is when taking the students out for sports. My program coordinator could have worked well with me but because of personality and the respectful way l treated co-workers, it became a problem including taking my job too seriously.
Pros
free lunches were provided i usually bring my own lunch.
Cons
the school did not provide me with any benefits.
Fun with Kids
Activities Assistant/Interim Site Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Oroville, CANovember 14, 2013
Curriculum management, playing with the kids, snack time and creating a love of learning were all parts of the job I loved being a part of. I learned how to be a State/Federal employee, how the grant system works, and this was my first job in an administrative position. Turned in monthly budget reports, involved in promotion of the program, and attentive to the staff.
Pros
kids, art, and play
Cons
financial reports
Great place to work with an amazing supervisor
Wilson Elementary School- College Intern (Current Employee) –  Oroville, CaliforniaMay 4, 2013
A typical day at work includes supervising the elementary school aged children. I have learned how to better work with children and to have more patience. My co-workers are very nice and work very hard. The hardest part of the job is having that patience needed to deal with the children. The most enjoyable part is helping them learn something they didn't know before and to watch their faces light up when the accomplished something.
Flexible and fun to work here.
College Tutor (Current Employee) –  Oroville, CaFebruary 6, 2013
I love working with kids and Butte County lets me work with a variety of kids while they're flexible with my schedule.

4.6