Butterball, LLC Employee Reviews

Work was good
Cut-Up (Former Employee) –  Mount Olive, NCFebruary 15, 2018
had to keep your speed they was very helpful very organized hired a lot good attitudes gave people chances and opportunities never had a bad day always was good.
Pros
Had caferteria on campus
Cons
Breaks was 35 minutes good timing
no much to say
Further Processing Supervisor (RTC) (Former Employee) –  Mount Olive, NCFebruary 13, 2018
Not much to say about this company, long hours to work, seven days a week, holidays, and some special days you have to be at work, surrealistic goals makes your job harder.
Fast paced long hours
General labor / machine operator (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOFebruary 7, 2018
The job was fast paced at least until one of the machines broke down then there was downtime and plenty of work to be done in situations like that. Having a good team and positive employees helped you make the day seem to go by faster. Sometimes not too often there were 7 Day work weeks.
Pros
Free turkey burgers and a free turkey on Thanksgiving
Cons
Long sometimes demanding hours
Production department
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARFebruary 6, 2018
Laid back production setting. Continuous movement and rotation lifting at least 10 lbs. Great people and family oriented working culture. I enjoyed my independence the most.
bad
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Mount Olive, NCFebruary 5, 2018
it was horrible, too far away from home, it stinks, its nasty, the birds are gross, the girls are ugly, the hours are too long, not enough pay, and i never go back
very competetive place to work
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Kinston, NCFebruary 5, 2018
would recommend as a place to work great environment more of a challenge then most jobs great benefits and 401k takes alot of team effort to get the job done
over all its an ok place to work
Macine Operator/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARFebruary 4, 2018
They changed managers that I wasn't willing to work for I tried to stay but it was time for me to find something else.I believe if managers were different I would still be with the company.
Pros
exalant insurance
Cons
breaks are good
Solid work
Tally Clerk (Former Employee) –  Carthage, MOJanuary 31, 2018
Production of live turkeys from farm to kill to a large variety of processing for finished consumer product gives a wide variety of positions to work. Good job pay and benefits lacking.
Butterball was a quick pace working environment.
RTE (Former Employee) –  Mt. Olive, NCJanuary 26, 2018
The co workers, managers and supervisors welcome all the new people with open arms. Everyone got along with each other so well and made the work hours go by fast. I would recommend this job to anyone anyday because it pays good, have great benefits and the people out there are fun to work with.
I enjoy my job
Trans Coordinator/ Load Planner/Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Mount Olive, NCJanuary 25, 2018
I really enjoy working in transportation. I build, schedule and track all shipments going out of NC to the Southeast, mid and mid-west states. I've been here so long until it's hard to leave.
Pros
it's close to home
Cons
not enough team players in the office
Trayypack (Former Employee) –  Mt.olive n.c.January 24, 2018
Butterballs is a good company to work it gots good pay its a nice company my only worry about butterball is how cold it is me myself can not funtion and cold air .
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
nice coworkers
Packer (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARJanuary 24, 2018
I enjoyed working with this company until I felt like I was being bullied. The workplace was very cold and we always worked six days a week. i tried to reapply but they declined me.
Pros
good pay
Cons
bad management
Productive and Fast Paced
Evisceration (Former Employee) –  Mount Olive, NCJanuary 17, 2018
Fast Paced environment! Very productive company. Challenging but easy work. Good pay and benefits. Factory workers are all very professional and goal oriented
Friendly Atmosphere
Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee) –  Mount Olive, NCJanuary 15, 2018
My experience at Butterball/Carolina Turkeys was very fun and exciting. The staff was corporative and easy going. They were always willing to help and provide teamwork.
Stable job with good benefits
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Mount Olive, NCJanuary 15, 2018
The work was fast paced and we worked long hours. It was a stable job and it had pretty good benefits, but the pay could have been better. I did not learn much from management.
very hard work
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ARJanuary 15, 2018
you live at work and poor management you are sick they expect you to work anyway even though that is not sanitary when you are working with food it is dangerous
Pros
Cons
work all the time no family life
unprofessional
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Raeford, NCJanuary 15, 2018
They make like you can advance from hatchery to processing plant all liars. They find something to keep you advancing. Plant manager renee looks like a real drunk.
Pros
have a job
Cons
trouble managers
Productive and easy, work at your own pace
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Mount Olive, NCJanuary 13, 2018
A typical day at work is receiving orders, pulling them, receiving trucks. Management is good as long as you do your job. Its a fairly good job granted that you like to work fast pace and little supervision. good health benefits and 401k
Productive place to work.
Manufacturing Associate (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARJanuary 11, 2018
Lack of work. Full of drama. Went from working 40 hours a week to barley 20 hours a week. Don't get no overtime. Oh did i mention FULL OF DRAMA! They pay is ok.
fast paced
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Mount Olive, NCJanuary 10, 2018
supervisors expected you to know the job skills ahead of time with minimal training. Training was offered but is very fast paced and productivity was expected.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Butterball, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.