Buxton is the leader in the use of customer analytics to develop successful growth and business strategies. Its focus includes retailers and restaurants, healthcare organizations, consumer packaged goods manufacturers and city governments. Buxton draws from its individual and household-level data to determine lifestyles and buying habits to clearly identify an organization’s best customers and find more like them anywhere in the U.S. Celebrating nearly 20 years of service to some of the world’s largest brands, Buxton is coming off our best year ever and we’re striving for continued record-breaking success.
This position will provide the organization with timely, accurate, insightful information and profiles on the potential and existing client landscape, general industry trends, strategies to improve sales, and marketing effectiveness. The position will collect and analyze data and input from multiple external and internal sources and organize into actionable sales and marketing competitive information tools. Working individually and within teams, the position will lead some projects, prepare briefs and assessments on key business opportunity targets and research topics within both tactical and strategic frameworks, respond to ad-hoc requests on competitive and strategic issues, and communicate with all levels of leadership.
- Identify and recommend new business opportunities
- Manage and lead various research activities/projects
- Product intelligence reports (obtain information from internal and external sources, assess the value and write reports)
- Monitor the market place and organize and communicate key information updates
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a marketing research/prospect development role within a fast paced, extremely demanding environment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required
- Ability to identify, track and see issues through to resolution, relying on corporate savvy and influencing skills to accomplish
- Ability to partner with others, identify/anticipate needs and proactively provide support
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects at the same time
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organization skills
- Strong knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Strong Leadership and professional skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in the following competencies preferred:
Knowledge of database theory and methods for collecting, retaining, and analyzing
large sets of data
Interested in joining an organization that values dedication, innovativeness, teamwork, trust, and passion? Send us your resume!