buy buy BABY Employee Reviews

Buy Buy Baby
Sales Associate PT (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXMarch 25, 2016
Working at Buy Buy Baby for 5 months gave me the opportunity to know everything there is about what goes on when people are expecting and what it usually costs to build a nursery from scratch. I was able to assist many customers with finding items from recliners to cribs to items for baby showers. It was a great experience for me to work there in the family planning community.
Pros
great people and coworkers, friendly community
Cons
No benefits for part time, horrible schedules being given
fun work place, fun employees.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 12, 2016
I loved working at Buy Buy Baby, such a fun environment to be around with helping mothers-to-be on their registry and helping them find the right items for their babies. On a daily basis i would replenish items that need to be stocked up on, unload loads in receiving. Inventory on everything in the store was to be done yearly. Co-Workers were fun to be around and made the work place even better.
Pros
lunch breaks, overtime pay.
Cons
no health benefits.
Customers usually very appreciative of your help
Customer Service Trainer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 28, 2016
Great company philosophy, Pay is bare minimum they can give, Always eager to build you up and promise promotions and use the few that are promoted as examples of how you can have a "career" with the company. Nice, high-end clientel, usually respectful, polite, looking for help with all things baby, you are supposed to be the expert. If you study all products you will be successful. Definitely not for the lazy.
Pros
If you work hard, you will move up, good pay once you get into management
Cons
Bad start pay, High stress, A lot of work physically and mentally, Customers can be difficult
This job straight up sucksand a lot of angry pregnant women complaining
Gear associate (Former Employee) –  NJAugust 13, 2016
the pay sucks, only thing i could possibly was god is that i learned how to merchandise but I'm sorry this job isn't worth having to waste your life on only a couple of people i liked in there and only lasted 4 months couldn't handle it anymore they made me do all there employees dirty work like bathrooms, taking out furniture orders and the worst part was all there workers were lazy this place sucks
Pros
lunch break, no raise
Cons
pay sucks
Great Culture
Manager (Current Employee) –  IllinoisFebruary 21, 2016
Great culture that invests in the people who work hard. Nice to work for a company where you can help people, and make a great career.
Pros
Lots of growth opportunities
Cons
Staffing
buy buy baby
Front end clerk (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 18, 2016
a day at buy buy baby was always fun yo do depend on your costumers its alwasy a fun time when your talking new babies long as you got the right team member your day would fly by but when costumers come in cant find things they need it really make me feel bad but wen a couple come in get what they need with no problem i am happy to be apart of the help
Pros
you can make people happy
Cons
costumers can get really upset with you
High energy fun place to work
Front End Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Orland Park, ILJuly 30, 2015
Typical work day is high energy, fast pace and having fun with co-workers and management.
I learned how to create registries
Management is strict but fair
My co-workers are fun to work with
Hardest part of job is the labor
Most enjoyable part is the people I work with
Pros
Everyone is very kind
Cons
no benefits and no advancement
Fun Work place
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZAugust 11, 2016
i enjoy my job here and plan to continue until finding full time employment but something that they could work on would be being productive at working together and being on the same page, for example you are told multiple different things from mangers when asking the same question
Pros
flexible, friendly
Cons
not organized, everyone is on different pages.
Cute little store with a nice atmosphere
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLJanuary 5, 2016
An average day was spent helping expectant parents and those shopping for showers find what they needed. The store is always clean and a nice place to come to work. Because I am not a mother, I learned of the many things expectant families would need for their babies. The job did allow for one to train in different areas and switch positions. The hardest part of the job was giving the perfect advice when so many women will have different birth and home experiences. The most enjoyable part about the job was helping customers get the items off their registries quickly so they could be in an out. In addition, it was nice to see an old customer come back again to shop when her after her child is born. Management was on top of customer service. Most of the managers were friendly,
Product Knowledge that is Applicable in Real Life!
Registry Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 10, 2016
One of the things that I loved most about working here was the fact that we learned so much about different products and baby gear, which became very helpful when I had my first baby. The management is great, and the company works really well with student schedules and other jobs.
Sometimes Busy, yet Entertaining
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLSeptember 27, 2016
I work in a specific department, and it was quite a lot to take in, but the managers are always willing to go the extra mile to teach one, and the required trainings are not difficult to understand. What I enjoy the most is learning about the products, and every single piece of info.
Pros
Enviroment
Cons
hours
Great place to work!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Crystal Lake, ILApril 10, 2016
I worked here part time for a year and a half. The training was amazing. You learn about each product in each area of the store and taught to give outstanding customer service. I very much enjoyed working with my co workers and management team. Very much like a family. It was pretty special helping families and friends shop for their new additions to their families.
Never boring, always something to do.
Great place to work!
Pros
Great people to work with and flexible schedule
Cons
I had none
Customer Service Oriented Overall
Retail-Customer Service/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAAugust 26, 2015
Buy Buy Baby is baby store that satisfies pregnant women in anyway rather if they are new parents or a second time mother. This store makes you feel welcome .and we never tell you NO we will find a way
Pros
Making sure they are satisfied in every way
Cons
no benefits, not enough hours to survive for daily living
decent job
Receiving Associate (Current Employee) –  Totowa, NJJuly 10, 2016
My typical day is pretty busy. I am usually the one who puts the big items out on the floor or up in the back stock. hardest of my day is lifting a heavy item with no help. the other employees seem nice.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
lack of hours, benefits, not enough employees to help. they did not give promotions.
Productive and Fun work place
Merchandiser / Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYJanuary 10, 2015
Our main priority is to give great customer service no matter how much volume in the store and how busy we are. Greet and smile and eye contact is our main approach. The management is good and we just have enough manager in the store. The hours is flexible and they give you accommodation. Everybody in the store is friendly and kind. The hardest is when you cannot give what the customer want due to our policy and then you have to pass the buck to the manager. The most enjoyable part of the job is to see kids enjoying in the store and we are able to help the customers with recommendations, suggestions and helping them locate with the merchandise that they are looking for.
Pros
flexible schedule with great benefits.
Cons
part time dont get benefits.
Poor Management
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  NJJuly 26, 2016
In not a good place to grow. Management is not really professional, unfear with many employees hard schedules. Very physical job just for a few employees and preferences for another.
Pros
Clean store enviroment
Cons
a summary of a regular day at work
stroller department team leader (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 3, 2016
the most enjoyable part of my job is assisting all my customers and giving them the best experience that they will have in a retail store, the best thing that i learn in my company is the passion that every single employee has every day to work our management in that store is one of the best one including me, we know how to manage our employees and giving them the right amount of task that they can fulfill before the shift ends
Pros
30 mins break, comfortable and confident to work
Cons
some disagreements between employees
Home felt job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCJanuary 25, 2016
I love working here. Everyone is like one big family, we all are on the same page of how to treat our customers. All of our customers love us and we make them feel loved with great Customer Service.
Pros
Great staff, Great Management
Cons
Advancement
Excellent place to work!
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 5, 2016
Very nice people and excellent environment. You have opportunity to learn a lot about baby staff. The company is very organized and managers are all the time very helpful.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Sometimes short breaks and few opportunities for career advance
It was okay
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAJuly 26, 2016
Wouldn't work there again it was okay at first but the managers there weren't the best and they always made me hate my life and I wouldn't wanna go back love the job and the people just not the managers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at buy buy BABY. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8