buy buy BABY Employee Reviews

Good
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Milford, CTAugust 17, 2017
Buy Buy Baby is a large company and is fine for a job but there isn't much room for advancement and when they decided to close the location where I work, the relocation options are very far away.
Pros
They were flexible with my schedule when I needed, employee discount
Cons
They don't take into account some of the assets an employee might possess (ie college degree, bilingual, etc).
very stressful
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJAugust 17, 2017
This is a very demanding job and if you are looking for some part time work this is a demanding job that will make you overwhelmed at the end of the week.
Receiving Supervisor
Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIAugust 15, 2017
Receive products from vendor deliveries, unload trucks, compar packing lists to purchase order, ensure product matching, assempling and display manufacturing, product inventory.
Pros
free lunch and satisfactory breaks
Na
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNAugust 13, 2017
Its a quick paced company that does have high stress. They do not pay appropriately many companies that I've been with or had acquaintances work for pay better. Benefits are good.
Exciting, fun and happy work enivroment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 12, 2017
-Baby registry
-Received products, counted inventory, stock shelves,
-Assist customers in finding baby products and educating them on the usage of it.
Productive and great work envirorment
Sales Associate/Inventory Control (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAAugust 10, 2017
Working at Buy Buy Baby you learn a lot about the products. Meanwhile you obtain great experiences working with colleagues. Management there makes sure their associates are knowledgeable of the work place and the product. Will train their associates if needed. Hardest part of the job would be learning the difference between products of why one varies from the other.
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 9, 2017
I was the Basics lead on the floor. I came back to work for this company because I loved it before. I researched every major product and assisted customers in finding exactly what they needed. This company was really awesome and I loved the team I worked with. I actually drove 40 min to this store instead of driving 10 min to the store closer to me because of the awesome team. My only complaint is whenever I had my daughter and was breastfeeding I found it difficult to be able to leave the floor to do so. I ended up stopping breastfeeding because of this, which is ironic because they are a baby store that has a feeding room designated to pumping.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Heavy lifting and climbing ladders
Good Job
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 5, 2017
I enjoyed working there. I loved what I did; helping the customers, small projects, moving up in the company. Management was just not on the same page. They all have different priorities, and don't really seem to have common sense.
Enjoyable work place
Associate (Current Employee) –  Temecula, CAJuly 31, 2017
Buy Buy baby is a great place to work. Management makes it a good place to work. No micromanagement. Lets employees know when they are doing a good job and always willing to train in new positions.
Pros
Very flexible when it comes to work schedules
Cons
No cons
Management just wasn't right
Associate (Former Employee) –  Webster, TXJuly 30, 2017
Management showed favoritism to certain employees. Payed your regular pay but did your work plus others. The favorite employees lagged around while others did their work
Pros
Seeing all the babies
Cons
Favoritism, lack of employees, overworked

Want to know more about buy buy BABY?

Ask a question
Physical work, a lot of standing and walking
Customer Service/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NC 28273July 29, 2017
I actually enjoy my jobs most days although have to always bite my tongue against employees that are favored by management and get away with as little work as possible.
Pros
seeing all the babie
Cons
Not enough hours, favortism is bad among management.
Energetic and was like a work family!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 26, 2017
Love working here when I was in school. It was so great with my schedule and it payed me pretty well. There is plenty of opportunity for picking up shifts , so if you need that extra money it's possible to get it.
Pros
Fun environment, get to play with products.
Cons
Not a lot
It was a fun environment lots of babies everywhere
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 26, 2017
I had some exciting times there putting strollers together watch parent smile once I was done with their babies $400 stroller and helping them find clothes and even purchasing a bed and dresser,
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Friendly environment
Daily assistance for customer service
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Hoover, ALJuly 25, 2017
While working at Buy Buy Baby, I performed tasks such as filling the aisles with our new products and displays. I also assisted with our Baby Registry and helped expecting parents register their wants and needs for their soon-to-be child. I also ran the cash registers and assisted customers with professional customer service.

Management at Buy Buy Baby was awesome! No complaints.
The hardest part of the job was working before I left for Maternity leave, I was constantly on my feet and the employees only received 30 minute breaks per shifts (8-9 hour shifts)

The most enjoyable part of this job was seeing the family I registered come in with their new child and shop, knowing we provided such great service that they still came back after the child birth!
Pros
Great customer service experience
Cons
Short breaks, low pay
Poorly Managed
Front End Lead (Current Employee) –  Port Chester, NYJuly 23, 2017
The store that I worked in was poorly managed. Many times the schedules were made to tailor to a few employees in order for them to be able to go out at night and have fun. Many items that were needed for the store go without being ordered and it causes customers to leave the store unhappy.
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
Unfair scheduling
Very fun place to work if you love seeing cute babies all day!
Cashier/Customer Service/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WAJuly 20, 2017
BuyBuyBaby was a really fun place to work at the management was awesome always on the floor with the associates helping out whatever they can. Fast paced working environment there's a lot that goes into cashiering there. Overall great place to work. The pay could be better.
Pros
There's always food, great staff, cute babies
Cons
Pay could be better
easy job, room for advancement if you apply yourself
employee (Former Employee) –  ArizonaJuly 13, 2017
good management. Simple retail job just like any other. You MUST like to help people and go out of your way to assist customers. overall good working environment.
Pros
sometimes they stock the break room with food
Cons
always having to smile lol!!
Amazing team
Fullfillment Associate (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 7, 2017
i love working for buy buy baby! as a person who loves to learn new things they are willing to take the time to teach you. This to me makes me want to stay and work harder to advance with them.
Great job
LEAD ASSOCIATE IN RECEIVING (Current Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAJuly 5, 2017
A typical day at work is pushing freight and maintaining a clean work environment. Your main focus is Customer Service and being the expert in what we sell. You will open up baby registries for new moms, sell items and you will ALWAYS want to add on to the item you are selling.

My favorite part of the job is getting to know our customers and building a relationship with them.
Pros
great discount
Cons
poor management
buy buy baby
Receiving Associate/sales (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 2, 2017
a regular day in was picking up shipment from fed ex and ups scanning in the merchandise. then I will pog in each spot where it had to be located and ill organize it to its place.
mangement was always in the own world really wasn't helping out. the hardest part of the job was having to do others job and my job at the same time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at buy buy BABY. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9