BUY FOR LESS

BUY FOR LESS Employee Reviews

I love this job.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKApril 16, 2015
Pros: The people.
Cons: Not closer to home.
I love working there. I had a great time working there. I love the customers. I got to travel in the Oklahoma City area. I only left because I needed something closer to home.
a difficult place to work but worth it for the customers.
cashier (Former Employee), Oklahoma cityMarch 9, 2015
Pros: not around excessive numbers of people and boss was willing to work with me
Cons: no free or reduced lunch, rude coworkers, dirty and rundown break area and restrooms
I found several coworkers to be very rude to both their coworkers and customers and the manager reluctant to do anything about it.
Easy work
Overnight Manager (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: never really took a lunch break
Cons: because it was overnight i really just ate little things here and there
Handling money is easy to me but at first it was a little hard as a manger but than im such a peoples person that it work out in the end
a very productive place to work .(personality)
Head Scanning Coordinator (Former Employee), oklahoma city okOctober 21, 2014
Pros: work with your schedule
Cons: dont give breaks
very peaceful place to work ... poor quality of management, they would all come to me for help since none of them speak any English. co-workers were the best . Always helping each other it was more like family to me . My hardest part of the job was to see all the injustice done to my co-workers, how they would make them work overtime and not paying them at all for their hours. The most enjoyable part of my job was when it was time to go home to my kids. =)
Advancement limited.
Receiver (Former Employee), Norman, OKSeptember 20, 2014
I was on a fixed schedule operating the receiving area, bringing in vendors deliveries and invoicing.
Good Place To Work
Guest Service Clerk (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 10, 2014
Great People To Work With,
The Company Treats The Workers Well
Cashier (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 4, 2014
Provide quick and courteous service to all Petco customers by determining their needs and sharing product knowledge to suggest the appropriate merchandise to satisfy them, and by effectively employing suggestive selling techniques to increase individual sales. Complete cash register transactions as well as customer carry-out service consisting of merchandise. Assist in the loading, unloading and stocking of merchandise according to established procedures in order to ensure that the store is well stocked and that inventory counts are accurate. Ensure that store animals, birds, reptiles and fish – more... receive the highest quality care, are maintained in habitats that are clean, safe and secure and that all reasonable and required steps are taken to maintain their good health. Perform routine housekeeping tasks as required to maintain the professional image and appearance of the store like sweeping/mopping the floors, dusting, washing the windows, facing the merchandise on the shelves. Assist store management in the opening/closing of the store as needed, to include the accurate completion of required paperwork. Participate in the completion of quarterly and annual physical inventory counts. Adhere to and promote established safety and loss prevention procedures. – less
Highschool job
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKApril 11, 2014
Pros: payed every week
Cons: management
very busy, no room for advancement, dont get payed enough for what you do
learning experience
Cashier (Former Employee), Oklahoma CityJanuary 19, 2014
Great atmosphere, nice people and a good place to advance. Easy work.
good place to work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Norman, OKJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: benefits, enjoyed working with the customers
Cons: store manager
fellow employees fun to work with, customers primarily fun and maintained a regular customer relationship, benefits worthwhile, store manager did not have a people personality, many employees left due to her, she is no longer with the company
Current Employee-2013
Current Employee (Current Employee), OklahomaDecember 12, 2013
Pros: i'm optimistic about the outlook for this company
Cons: all of my experiences have been positive, i think the leadership of the company is heading in a very positive direction.
Accepting a position at Buy For Le$$ has been an amazing and life changing experience for myself and my career. In a short time, this company has invested more in me through leadership training, faith based encouragement, and constant motivation than any other company I have worked for. Career progression is not only supported company wide, employees are continually provided with tools to help achieve continued success. Starting pay for positions is usually higher than national average, benefits are affordable, and employees cultivate a real "family" environment. However, along with the perks, employees are held accountable and expected to perform as necessary in their positions. Constructive feedback is requested. Employees who show up on time, work when scheduled, and care about their jobs and the company are rewarded.
nice place to work
Store Director (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKOctober 27, 2013
they really care about their employees.gret place to learn about leadership . in the seven years i worked for them i learned several things
Fun workplace
Front End Manager/Cashier (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 11, 2013
Made many lifelong friends that were customers.Stayed very busy throughout the shifts I worked.
The coworkers were well trained and made it a good work experience.
rewards
Cashier overnite (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 9, 2013
Pros: able to move up the ladder to be manager
Cons: no breaks and if u got one it was 5 minutes
I was moven up the ladder tell i seen we had a new manager and he let everyone go to do rehires,i really wish i could of stayed.
Fun place to work.
Cashier (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKApril 16, 2013
Employees and managers were always helpful. Customers were always nice.
good place to work
Cash Office Manager (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMarch 7, 2013
This was a good place to work. The pay was good and the people i worked with.
Great workplace
Cash Office Clerk (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKDecember 2, 2012
Pros: employee grocery drawing, you get back the total amount of your entire receipt on a gift card.
Cons: my schedule.
I love to work here because is a great place, great co-workers we are all like a family. Great management I do not think there is something hard to do because you get a really good training before you start working by yourself. The most enjoyable part of my job is when my customers leave my window happy, and they tell me that I do a great job, that's what makes me to enjoy my job.
Productive and fun work place
Cash Office Manager (Current Employee), Oklahoma cityDecember 1, 2012
What is good about being a bfl team member!!

That most ever on is happy when you walk throw most of the store you get a hello and welcome, they also have great program like 401k, profit share good insurance,very good prices plus a change to win you money back.
Amazing Starting place
Assistant Store director (Current Employee), Warr AcresNovember 30, 2012
Pros: benefits are geat, culturally diverse, positive atmosphere
Cons: happy to be here! :d
I have worked here since i was 18 in highschool as a courtesy clerk, and i am now 28, and have worked here since my first day. Buy for Less is an amazing company to work for, and provides such a rich and culturally diverse work environment to experience. it has had such a positive impact on me personally, as working here has taught me structure, and discipline, and has impacted me professionally. I can safely say that as far as advancement in this company, the sky is the limit, you can go as far as YOU want. I have always felt my hard work, and dedication has benefited me, and my employers, and I have aquired alot of responsibilitys with my time here, and with these come dedication, and sacrifice. There is alot of time spent in the work place, but the positive and amazing atmosphere this company offers and creates makes it all the more enjoyable.
good place to work,flexible schedule
customer service (Current Employee), okc.,oklahomaNovember 30, 2012
Pros: pay-hours
Cons: on feet all day
go to work do my job go home.learned alot about money handling and security.

BUY FOR LESS Salaries