BUY FOR LESS Employee Reviews

Buy for less
Stocker (Former Employee) –  MwcNovember 18, 2016
It's a good place to work lot's of room for growth lot of management opportunities they have good 401k plan's good health insurance plans
excellent
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 14, 2016
This company is one of the best companies to work for. The owner is one of the caring people out there,. He cares about his employees. I would work for them again if given a chance. The job with them is enjoyable.
Could be busy but also fun with a bit of stress
Front End Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 22, 2016
Typical day could start off slowly, few trickle of customers, so one could get other things done, stocking, cleaning etc. I learned a lot about the grocery business, that I never knew before, from produce and where it came from, inventory, scanning, and the way sales work. I had a good personal rapport with my manager, but professionally he didnt want me to grow in the company, I was too valuable to him store level, so I felt stagnant. Like most any job, you have the good ones, and the ones like stirred up drama. The hardest part was knowing my manager didnt want anyone to grow, and wasnt very positive at times. Enjoyed my regular customers and some of my co-workers they were great.
Pros
Had decent insurance options, HR tried really hard to take care of their employees. We were paid weekly..
Cons
Short breaks, not enough pay raises.
good company
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKAugust 9, 2016
Shifts varied, sometimes there were assigned tasks other times employees were just to help where help was needed, management could use improvement
fun work place
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Midwest City, OKFebruary 6, 2016
-A typical day at work
-I learned how to cashier at buy for less
-my managers loved me
-my coworkers were nice
-the hardest part of the job was cleaning the bathrooms and pulling carts
-the job was very enjoyable
Busy all day long, meet a lot of new people
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 23, 2015
My typical day at work is greeting customer, asking them about their needs and charging groceries. I have learned how to manage clients so they can feel satisfied with the service. We work as a team and when there's no job to do, they help others. The hardest part of the job is when items prices are not register on the cash register computer. The most enjoyable part of my job is when customers are happy and appreciate your service, knowing people from different part of the world is really interesting.

What I don't like... just a few hours I can not pay my bills. As a single mother I have to cover all my bills by myself, and in addition you as an employee has to buy the uniform they require you to wear. I talked to them about the type of job I was able, they said full time but I don't think 28 hours a week is a full time job. 15 minutes to buy and eat.. sometimes I have to throw to the trash half of my food cause I don't have time to eat it all.
Cons
Too short brakes, no lunch hour, lunch hour is unpaid12, 700
Store Director (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 23, 2015
A great work environment with a lot of advancement opportunities. Each day is exciting with expectations well defined.The most enjoable part of the day is satisfying the guests.
How a greeting and a productive place to work can change many things.
Cashier/Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OklahomaJuly 23, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job was when once you entered at the door everyone greets you the cashiers, managers, and even customers that you know over the years working there. Entering and everyone greeting makes you feel welcomed and also right then you know its going to be a great day at work. Also what i learned working there was several things, example how to help people find a specific thing they are looking for. Maintain a customer happy even when a customer was having a gloomy day but also learned a lot about handling money, how to give change back or receive the right amount of money.
Pros
Advertising food
Cons
Short Breaks
I love this job.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 16, 2015
I love working there. I had a great time working there. I love the customers. I got to travel in the Oklahoma City area. I only left because I needed something closer to home.
Pros
The people.
Cons
Not closer to home.
a difficult place to work but worth it for the customers.
cashier (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma cityMarch 9, 2015
I found several coworkers to be very rude to both their coworkers and customers and the manager reluctant to do anything about it.
Pros
not around excessive numbers of people and boss was willing to work with me
Cons
no free or reduced lunch, rude coworkers, dirty and rundown break area and restrooms
Easy work
Overnight Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 9, 2015
Handling money is easy to me but at first it was a little hard as a manger but than im such a peoples person that it work out in the end
Pros
Never really took a lunch break
Cons
Because it was overnight i really just ate little things here and there
a very productive place to work .(personality)
Head Scanning Coordinator (Former Employee) –  oklahoma city okOctober 21, 2014
very peaceful place to work ... poor quality of management, they would all come to me for help since none of them speak any English. co-workers were the best . Always helping each other it was more like family to me . My hardest part of the job was to see all the injustice done to my co-workers, how they would make them work overtime and not paying them at all for their hours. The most enjoyable part of my job was when it was time to go home to my kids. =)
Pros
work with your schedule
Cons
dont give breaks
Advancement limited.
Receiver (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKSeptember 20, 2014
I was on a fixed schedule operating the receiving area, bringing in vendors deliveries and invoicing.
Good Place To Work
Guest Service Clerk (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 10, 2014
Great People To Work With,
The Company Treats The Workers Well
Highschool job
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 11, 2014
very busy, no room for advancement, dont get payed enough for what you do
Pros
payed every week
Cons
management
learning experience
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma CityJanuary 19, 2014
Great atmosphere, nice people and a good place to advance. Easy work.
good place to work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKJanuary 14, 2014
fellow employees fun to work with, customers primarily fun and maintained a regular customer relationship, benefits worthwhile, store manager did not have a people personality, many employees left due to her, she is no longer with the company
Pros
benefits, enjoyed working with the customers
Cons
store manager
Current Employee-2013
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  OklahomaDecember 12, 2013
Accepting a position at Buy For Le$$ has been an amazing and life changing experience for myself and my career. In a short time, this company has invested more in me through leadership training, faith based encouragement, and constant motivation than any other company I have worked for. Career progression is not only supported company wide, employees are continually provided with tools to help achieve continued success. Starting pay for positions is usually higher than national average, benefits are affordable, and employees cultivate a real "family" environment. However, along with the perks, employees are held accountable and expected to perform as necessary in their positions. Constructive feedback is requested. Employees who show up on time, work when scheduled, and care about their jobs and the company are rewarded.
Pros
I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company
Cons
None, All of my experiences have been positive, I think the leadership of the company is heading in a very positive direction.
nice place to work
Store Director (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 27, 2013
they really care about their employees.gret place to learn about leadership . in the seven years i worked for them i learned several things
Fun workplace
Front End Manager/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 11, 2013
Made many lifelong friends that were customers.Stayed very busy throughout the shifts I worked.
The coworkers were well trained and made it a good work experience.

4.2