Buyers Protection Group Employee Reviews

Good company.
Home Inspector (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 12, 2017
All is good with BPG. I do not have any issues with the company. Unfortunately since the housing market has slowed down in South Florida I have to find something that will make it possible to pay the bills.
Pros
Make your own schedule
Cons
When work is slow, it shows in the paycheck.
Closest way to own your own business without actually owning it.
Home Inspector (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 18, 2017
Must generate your own leads and constantly market to get a foothold in the business. Will take two to three years to make a decent income. Must supplement income while building business.
Pros
Control of your destiny
Cons
Though Market to get into - 2-3 years before you generate a steady income
Great Place to Learn the Ropes
Home Inspector (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaAugust 29, 2017
Just out of school I joined BPG Inspections. Best decision of my life. The paired me with an experienced inspector and I'm learning so much from him I could have never learned on my own. I get some inspections from them- about 5-6 a week, but I'm learning how to created my own referrals. They have excellent training.
Pros
Excellent Training and Benefits
Cons
Commission Only
Great Place to Work
Regional Recruiter and Inspector (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 4, 2017
Great place to work and grow with an excellent regional VP who goes out of his way to make sure you succeeded. The pay and growth of your position is only limited by your willingness to put in the hours and work.
Pros
Flexible schedule, competitive pay, national relocation, and great management.
Cons
Healthcare
Fast pace/multi-skilled environement with friendly atmosphere.
Client Services Manager/Outside Sales Support (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CaJanuary 16, 2015
Log in to phone queues and all programs needed for the day. There are several phone queues to watch. Building inspections, warranty orders, service claims, status calls (existing service claims that need following up on). Start taking calls if queues are backed up. Assist inside personnel with questions and answer emails from both inside personnel as well as outside sales representatives. Enter new warranty orders, claims, etc. Run production reports when needed. Make sure everyone goes to lunch and break on time to ensure phones are covered. Cover certain departments in the event someone is out.

I have learned how to use a phone system that works through the computer. How to multitask successfully. Coming up with ideas to make the all of the processes that we do function smoother while increasing revenue.

Mgt. is very customer and employee oriented.

My co-workers are wonderful to work with and very hard working.

The hardest part is doing so many different things at the same time.

I enjoy assisting customers and seeking a resolution for a positive outcome for both the customer and the company. I especially enjoy the people I work with.
Pros
Very busy with room for growth in the corporate office
Cons
Health insurance. No room for growth in local office.
BPG - A Job.
Claims Authorizer/Status Specialist (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJuly 16, 2014
A regular 9-5:30 job; nothing spectacular; nothing really terrible. Answer phones, take reports, make a decision. It's a good place to learn a lot of general systems and appliance information for residential situations. You'll also go over basic contract and liability interpretation, risk management, and cost control, but there is no formal training that is given here.

Management here is a little uptight (but hey, it's not Google...) but nothing extreme; t-shirts and jeans with sneakers are seen a lot. Office politics are clearly carved into the foundation. Management is good, but there have been blurring of lines between boss and friend. People here are friendly, though sometimes ornery. Anyone with an office rarely makes an appearance for no reason.

The hardest part of the job is the education; learning all of the information that you'd utilize takes at least 6-8 months, but there is no formal training for this; mistakes WILL be made (but you'll be fine if you learn from them)

The most enjoyable part of the job is assisting people (specifically homeowners) who want to be helped but have no idea what to do.
Pros
30-min lunch
Cons
No raises; headaches, yelling