BWAY Corporation Employee Reviews

Good pay but long shifts
Packager and machine operator (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 9, 2017
Good job. Bway had great benefits health and dental and also a 401k. But the management was kind of bias on different shifts. Lots of supervisors so power struggles with each other. And 12 hour shifts.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Long shifts and power struggles between supervisors
stressful
Quality Auditor/Technician (Former Employee) –  LaGrange, GAFebruary 27, 2017
Change in management and attitudes along with lower expectations from management have changed the atmosphere and attitudes of fellow employees. If that could change it would be a good place to work.
Number on a spreadsheet..that's all you are!!!
grunt (Former Employee) –  Valparaiso, INFebruary 17, 2017
Incompetent management trying to reduce payroll at the expense of traumatizing workers and sacrificing quality standards in the blind hope that a threat is as good as a legitimate quality procedure.
Human Resource personnel walking the floor looking for infractions and trying to usurp the duties of supervisors while sleeping with upper management.
Cronyism and nepotism are the rule of the day in hiring supervisors.
This plant is on a downhill spiral revisiting the mistakes of times past and forsaking the monumental improvements that were made in the not to distant history where employees were empowered and allowed time to do their jobs professionally rather than having to succumb to mandatory perfunctory rote by time constrained necessity. God help the customer!!!
Pros
Cons
inadequate parking space combined with aforementioned problems...see below.
Great environment
Press Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILFebruary 13, 2017
Working for Bway was great, I would have stayed if i didn't have to move out the city of chicago. I was a press machine operator in which i operated three machines.
Pros
It was a good job
Cons
Job site was to far
Solid Company going through challenging changes.
Regional Mgr. HR/LR (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 24, 2017
Good people have earned very good livings supporting many area families for many years. Very seasoned workforce most just doing the right thing.
Pros
Good people overall.
Cons
Wildly changing expectations from senior management.
Hard working
Production clerk (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 24, 2017
If you want a job here, be focused and try not to associate with to many people. There's a lot of drama as well as unfair employee treatment. But you can fight through it.
Pros
Cons
You can't talk while work, don't excuse emergencies, strict on little things
Unsafe plaint
Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 19, 2017
This company does not care for their people. If your child is sick or in a accident and not on time or show up you get a point no excuse policy is very Extreme here. Yes most company's run on a point sheet at this place watch your points carefully. Firing people is key at this company too get people in and out due too their poor raises. >They try too get water out of a rock< Everyone is pretty much new, so you don't get Direct answers here Or proper training.
Pros
Clocking out
Cons
Benefits, standing for 11 hours & pay
Very highly motivated workplace
Lead Man (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, TXJanuary 10, 2017
Very fast paced. Always busy. Everyday is a new learning experience. This is one thing I like about this job. Always willing to learn. Supervisors are always willing to help with anything needed or to show you how to do anything.
Pros
Days always go fast
Cons
Health care isnt what I need.
Overall, efficently ran compay with great potential
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 12, 2016
My time was very productive and meeting qualified and capable people was a plus. There was great team spirit throughout the company. Good company to work for.
Pros
Excellent managment and employee relationship
Cons
Excessive overtime
Working at Bway Corporation
Box crew,handler (Former Employee) –  Memphis,TennesseeDecember 11, 2016
Great place to work with great and overtly friendly coworkers.
Great pay rates and benefits.
Hardest part of the job was going back home after a long and friendly working hours.
Production based grind, long hours,little time off.Great coworkers.
Press Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 11, 2016
Start of shift check production schedule. Make sure all of material for Product is available in said quantity according to schedule. I learned to maintain multiple lines safely and efficiently. The hardest part for myself was going between day and night shift on short notice. Great coworkers most have been working for the company for 10 to 20plus years.
Pros
Good pay.
Cons
No PTO days.
Very bad place to work!
Maintainer / Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Sturtevant, WIOctober 2, 2016
This company sucks! Management are the worst, favoritism rules the day.If they were'nt a big corporation Sturtevant plant would have shut down long ago. Employees forced to work upwards of 70 hrs. In one week. They do not honor family time at all. Benefits have declined tremendously over the years due to new managers that keeps trying to save a buck for their corporate bosses. Former employees have sued the company and won.
Pros
Cons
To many to list
Very fast pased environment which allows you to grow.
Production/Project Planning Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 30, 2016
Worked at Bway 9 years. Overall good experience in learning the Can Industry and the injection molding process in the plastics industry. Also being involved with the yearly budget and being responsible for its output further increased my knowledge base.

A typical day at work included reviewing the MRP output with resultant maintenance to keep MRP valid, monitoring shop floor activity to see if production was on plan, and reviewing purchase orders to see if shipments from the vendors were on plan. Calling meetings if required was also part of the agenda.

My management and co workers were always supportive and fun to work with.

The hardest part of the job was maintaining the lowest inventory levels possible while scheduling the factory efficiently and maintaining customer service levels.

The most enjoyable part was the challenge to make it happen.
Pros
Bonus for acheiving production levels with lunch.
Cons
A lot of hours.
Its a decent paying job but health insurance sucks
Maintenance Tech (Current Employee) –  Valparaiso, INSeptember 21, 2016
Bad health insurance. They promote from in house. Good pay for start out position. It does get hot in the factory during the summer time. Great pay if you work on a holiday.
Human Resources Adminstrator
Human Resources/Accounts Payable Administrator (Former Employee) –  Stone Mountain, GASeptember 19, 2016
The Bway facility that was located in Stone Mountain, GA is now located in Newnan, GA. Bway is a good company to work for with excellent benefits.
Fast Pace Environment Fun To Work
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 15, 2016
The Hardest part Of The Job Is When Production is low.

Nice Place To Work Hot Environment In The Summer.

Easy Work Not To Hard. JUST keep up.
It was a productive place to work'
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Valparaiso, INAugust 23, 2016
I have numerous years of experience in preventive maintenance, trouble shooting, maintaining and repairing all machinery. I can trouble shoot both mechanically and electrically. I was on the night shift working by myself.
It's productive
Bottom welder (Current Employee) –  Homerville, GAJuly 19, 2016
Good and safe workplace.the workforce is good. Management is fine.The company has good standards. What I enjoy about the job is that I work at my own pace.what I don't like about my job is that I stand on my feet for a long period of time. My coworker are good people to work with, I enjoy working with them. My day consist of placing bottom on the bottom of ammo cans which is ship out to government facilities .
Pros
The benefits are good
Cons
Not paid enough
Nice place to work
Shipping Lead (Current Employee) –  Newnan, GAJuly 12, 2016
A typical day at work for me is pulling and setting up loads to ship. Making sure the forklift drivers have the information to pull loads. Getting the grown people to do their job.
Pros
If no lost time off work in 90 days they will provided the employees with a lunch
Cons
No sick time and no personal time off.
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Cedar City, UTJuly 2, 2016
Typical day at work in standing for 12 hours at your station and keeping it hazard free and clean for the next shift worker as the plant is 24/7. I also inspect 5 gal. buckets and lids. I do not know my co-workers as I have only been on job a month. The hardest part of the job is standing for the 12 hours. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing I inspected and the product is good to go.
Pros
we get lunch and 2 breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BWAY Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9