BWAY CORPORATION Employee Reviews in United States

Excellent and Professional Enviornment
Project Manager/ Food Safety Consultant (Current Employee) –  Newnan. GeorgiaMarch 24, 2016
Consulting with BWAY has been a wonderful experience. There has been a change in Sr. Management that really is involved and engaged with implementing their Food Safety initiative. I am proud to be a part of the BWAY forward team.
Not a good place to work
forklift (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 5, 2016
This is a very bad place to work at cause there is no control on what's done cause of how stressful this job can get because bway is a very hard place to work at and it's not because people are lazy it's just because they are very greedy and try to get water out of a rock... and it's funny how after every bad review bway gets there is is always someone posting something good about them... makes me think that they are getting paid to do it because i don't think there is anybody that enjoys working for them other than bway. and that's why I quit because as soon as bway took over everything went down hill and stopped being the peaceful place it used to be.
Great Company
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Bryan, TXMarch 3, 2016
Great Company to work for and advance, If i were not to have moved back to Houston i can see myself working at this company for a very long time.
Best way to mess up your life
production (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILMarch 3, 2016
Alright, where do I start with this place. Well, here it goes, Bway is a very BAD place to work. They are really greedy and overwork everyone. They are very money thirsty. Their benefits are horrible and they give no personal days. They want to run a place with short personnel and they expect excellency all of the time. They just randomly bought this plastic company and they obviously don't know how to run it. My advice to everyone looking for a job: DON'T WORK FOR BWAY, because all you're going to find there is a bunch of stressed workers because of all of the abuse from Bway. Also, you are not going to be able to get good training there as well. There is so much more to say about them, but nobody is ever going to do anything about it because a lot of people are scared to say what's on their mind, but I rated this place super low. I wish I could have rated it -1 MILLION, because I definitely would.
Pros
getting off work
Cons
BWAY = bad way
has turned into complete sweatshop atmosphere
WAREHOUSE/PURCHASING MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Leominster, MAFebruary 5, 2016
Upper management has pushed this facility to the brink of causing an internal riot among the hourly staff. Harsh work environment coupled with low pay. Temps won't stay more than one day leading to overworked and frustrated full time employees. Upper management wonders why this is so when paying temps minimum wage?? This review is from former manager.
Not a good place to work .
Receive & ship (Current Employee) –  Cranbury, NJSeptember 27, 2015
Cranbury location isn't a great place to work , very stressful on the body . It reminds me of a jail . This job should be your last option .
Cons
Short breaks, lack of leadership . Stressful .
Production worker
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Homerville GAAugust 17, 2015
I get to work clock in manager than gives me assignments and than I setup my work station and get with my co workers than will be helping me in that area. We have to get a production of 8000 in 10 hours and we work hard to achieve that goal as team players. we get the job done. the fun part about working is when we get a 100 or more over production.
Pros
we are able to work in a spaceful area
Cons
High paced and fast moving work
Quality Auditor Technician/ group lead (Former Employee) –  Sturtevant, WI. 53177August 17, 2015
Bway is a very physical and challenging place to work. They train well and teach many different skills, The management staff are very helpful.
Pros
Learn several new skills and the work is challenging.
Cons
Some jobs can be stressful
Good Company - Good Leadership
Contract HR &Talent Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILJuly 12, 2015
Fine company to be a part of and a leader in the packaging industry. Very busy HR team committed to providing quality support to all their employees nationwide.
Terrible company
Utility Operator (Former Employee) –  Newtown, OHJune 3, 2015
The Newtown, OH B-Way location treats their employees horribly. They hire you just to get money from OhioMeansJobs and then they fire you. B-Way was just a big waste of my time. They made you work overtime, 6-7 days a week. The day before you get benefits and become a part of the union they fire you. Very upset with how I was treated at B-way.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Bway was a good learning experience for me.
Decoration Crew LeaderBway (Former Employee) –  Valparaiso, INMay 1, 2015
Everyday the product needed to be printed and sent out on time.Working at Bway I learned many things,how to work on machine,set up designs and how to make a quality product.I enjoyed working with the crew I had for they worked very hard and got the job done.The hardest part of the job was getting everything done on time,but my crew was very good at making this happen.I felt proud everyday being able to get the job done to best of my ability and the best quality the company could sent out to customers.
Pros
Nice people to work with.
Cons
Benefits could have been better
Great Company!
IT Controls Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 13, 2015
I worked here as a contractor for 5 months. The work environment is good, but no room for growth and advance because this company only staff contractors only. I learned a lot about IT security and various software.
Not a very good place to work
Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove, ILApril 6, 2015
Not managed very well. A lot of lack of communication with management and the maintenance team. No room to grow at this company.
Don't go there
production operator (Current Employee) –  newnanMarch 14, 2015
Nothing good to say about company,New employees get only 6hours of training,no one wants to welcome u and show u how to really do the job ..the job is easy But fast pace but training sucks it could be better with New lead people and supervisors but #warning # don't go unless its your only option,...
Pros
getting a pay check
Cons
everything, like you are in a hospital with depressed people
Bryan location
confidential (Current Employee) –  Bryan, TXFebruary 15, 2015
This organization in Bryan is fraught with management issues and production issues. this location is about fixing blame vs fixing problems within the plant.
Lead Press Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Cicero, ILJanuary 13, 2015
Responsible for the maintenance and production efficiencies on 31 punch press station.
fast paced high volume workplace
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GAOctober 10, 2014
plastic mold lines working at a fast paced speed to meet production
fast pace environment
Seamer Operator (Current Employee) –  Sturtevant, WIOctober 9, 2014
In charge of making sure production line stays up and running. Always checking for quality of product and recording any problems. Make sure orders are done in a timely manner. Working in a fast pace environment daily and keeping a steady line of communication with Supervisors
a very productive environment
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 1, 2014
I enjoyed the oppurtunity to learn things everyday.The manger is so open with eevrything,he was like a freind.My co workers was like fmaily.The hardest of the job was dealing with the heat while performing maintance or production schedule.The love learning and i was program with everything.
Very Fast Paced
MATERIAL HANDLER/MACHINE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Cicero, ILSeptember 13, 2014
I loved getting paid every week but I didn't like the fact that if you have a family this is not the place to work. Very time consuming working 6 days a week 12 hours. They tell you that you get hired in 90 day but honestly you don't. Its takes a year or longer and you work harder than the actual employees who make $15 or better.