BWAY Corporation Employee Reviews

These people are racist.
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TXJanuary 18, 2018
Worked here for two years at the mansfield texas facility. During the last two months i worked there several racist comments were directed at me by my co-workers. I told management about it and a few weeks later i was called into the HR office. The HR lady was very rude and acted like i had done something wrong by speaking up. There were no apologies offered for the treatment i received, only excuses. I was told that i was not allowed to talk about it to anyone and that if i did, i would be subject to disciplinary action, including termination. That was my last day working there and i did not come back.
Receiving clerk
Shipping/Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  York, PAJanuary 17, 2018
Loved this place. Would work there again if I had the opportunity, the people and the person I had to work for were just amazing. Need to have more companies like this
Production environment
Material Handler/Seamer Operator (Former Employee) –  Sturtevant, WIJanuary 10, 2018
Great place for an individual to understand and function in a production environment. There is career advancement but not much. It is not a dead end job but working 12 hour shifts, covering vacations, and absences does have its toll. Positive side to that though is your bank account and 401k will grow. I have actually applied for some of their front office positions. I would recommend Bway to people looking for employment.
Pros
Pay and OT
Cons
Stress physically and emotionally
Productive, fast paced environment, other employees are nice. But alot of management shouldn't be.
Packer/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 3, 2018
The benefits and pay are very good. The downside is it's very very hot and almost unbearable in the summer, very cold in the winter. Employees work 12 hour shifts, but are always drafted in on their days off, and will get written up if they don't show. Even though it's their scheduled day off. Most management is in their position only because of who they know not what they know.
Pros
Great pay/ benefits
Cons
More hours than promised, no time for home life/ family
Productive and quick paced.
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Newnan, GADecember 26, 2017
The job is very quick paced and can be kind of stressful, but the work is not very hard. Just a repetition of working with hands and standing. All and all it is a good companybto work for.
Pros
Consecutive flexible days off
Cons
Short breaks and long hours
N/a
Human Resources Intern (Current Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILDecember 21, 2017
Great people to work with. Everyday was pretty different. Culture was fast paced so you constantly had things to do, which I enjoy. Free snacks in the office which is also nice.
very stressful and off balance for my wife and children
Production Operator (Current Employee) –  Sturtevant, WIDecember 13, 2017
A typical day is long and fast paced for twelve hours. I learned how to run a slitter and had some hands on with a welder. My experience with management wasn't bad. The work place as a whole needed a lot of help in my opinion, too many crew chiefs and miscommunication. The hardest part of the job was the hours spent with so many sour individuals. Unfortunately, the most enjoyable part of the day was when the shift was over.
productive environment
Printing operator/Packer (Current Employee) –  Dayton, NJDecember 13, 2017
Preparing and packing pails for customers order daily, while in a fast atmosphere. During times of duties setting up and operating machines. Clean work area plus help new employees with job issues and concerns.
Not a good place to work
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 10, 2017
Very poor about employees safety . And OFF days. Forced to work your days off. And No respect for employees. Disrespectful to employees. Forced to work holidays.
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
Safety
n/a
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILDecember 3, 2017
I learned so many things in my job even though it was a warehouse I learned how use system in the correct way which it was not hard. hardest part of the job was standing 12 hours. the most enjoyable part of my job was everyone getting along
Cons
short breaks
Not the best
Production/Inspector Packer/Quality Technician (Former Employee) –  Valparaiso, INNovember 24, 2017
I can't say many nice things about this company. Their management, at the time, was very poor. They didn't keep my interest. I wish I could have liked it more.
Benefits
Cons
How it was ran at the time.
No work life balance
Worker (Current Employee) –  IllinoisNovember 17, 2017
Every day is extremely hectic.The company doesn't have standard processes & procedures which make it difficult to effectively work with confidence. Lack of teamwork across the company/plant. More focus is put on production and less on safety.
Pros
Competive Compensation
Cons
No organizational standards, hectic work environment, lack of safety culture - lots of accidents
No communication with employees at Bway
Press Operator (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 13, 2017
You have no life at Bway. A Supervisor makes the schedule out every week but changes it at the end of the week. That’s not good Supervisory skills or Commucation with employers
Pros
I love my hours that I work
Cons
No organization or Communication with Employers at Bway
Enjoyed working there
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Bryan, TX 77803November 12, 2017
Prejudice people that have been there a long time. They are not friendly. Tell lies to get people fired. Do what they want or not.
High turnover. People call in too much.
Pros
Every other weekend off
Cons
Short breaks
Fast paced workplace
Operator (Former Employee) –  LaGrange, GANovember 7, 2017
The job was simple, all we were doing is stacking and loading up the pallet tray with the buckets until it was ready to get shipped off, the job could be very stressful at time but its all what u made it.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Breaks werent long enough
Great money no life bad
Coater Operator (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 2, 2017
Really good pay and the union there is great but never know when you'll get laid off. Be 30yrs to be on first shift and management is the worse I've seen
probably would still be there had not been for hurricane harvey. i was stuck in houston was not able to get to work for a few days.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Bryan, TXOctober 31, 2017
job was great. a lot of prejudice people working there. i like the bonuses we received and also the checks we got for doing a great job throughout the year and some quarters.
Pros
night differential
Cons
short breaks
Cut-throat work environment
Shipping and Receiving Manager (Training) (Former Employee) –  Homerville, GAOctober 25, 2017
You rarely move up, the pay is good, but you have to put up with a lot of bull. The management are mostly horrible. They do not care about their employees.
productive
Manufacturing Associate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 24, 2017
pretty good job but challenging, if you like a fast pace job then b-way corporation is perfect for you, it hot most of the time so you have to get use to the weather.
Was a perfect experience to learn
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 12, 2017
was training included on how to safely operate machines with advancement opportunity's everyone there very relaxed and cool headed management were great with workers often walking around checking on we were doing and the hardest part about the job was maybe the standing and heavy lifting.
Pros
3 l breaks two 15 minute and a 30 minute break
Cons
must be willing to work hard sometimes in a hot enviroment