BWI Employee Reviews in United States

It was an okay work experience
Second Year Electrical Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 15, 2016
Everything that involved field workers was fine, but upper management had too many issues. I understand that no company is perfect, but you cannot keep messing up people's checks, and think you can get away with it.
Stressful Job
Dollar Thrifty Car Rental Return Representative (Current Employee) –  Hanover, MDNovember 5, 2015
Very demanding and stressful job
No team work nor organization
Fast paced environment
Great for those who get bored easily
life changing
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJuly 9, 2015
This job was life changing since it allowed me to provide more for my family by challenging me to be the best loader ever and offering a chance to move up in the company.
Nice working environment
Upgrade Solution Manager (Former Employee) –  Brighton, MIMarch 23, 2015
This is my second times to do SAP project for BWI Group Inc from September 2014 to January 2015. The first project was done in 2010-2011. Overall, BWI is very nice working place. My task is to upgrade SM7.01 to 7.1 with Service Desk converted to Incident Management. There are challenges with critical issues in the project. The project control and process management is very reasonable. They always listen us to address issues and requests carefully to overcame all difficulties to get the project done smoothly.
Fun place to work at
Shipping and Receiving Worker (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSFebruary 10, 2015
This was a very fun place to work for. I started on the evening shift pulling orders and loading trucks. Then I got promoted to dayshift unloading trucks and unloading rail carts.
Pros
fun job
Cons
hours
Busy days
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Linthicum, MDDecember 12, 2014
Vital signs, urine drug screen, breath alcohol tests, hair collects, finger printing, audiogram, phlebotomy, injections, spirometery, medication administration, EKG's, stress testing, assisting with minor surgery and examinations, administrative duties & training of new and current employees of any changes or responsibilities within the company.

I learned how to assist in minor surgery, stress testing and the different types of physicals that different companies wanted.

The hardest part was how busy it could get. Not really having a set time to clock out.

I loved the doctors and staff.
Productive working environment with good learning opportunities.
Mechanics Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nash, TXSeptember 10, 2014
Typical work days involved pre-maintenance inspections, to ensure vehicle safety and work capability. Changing parts and components as needed for vehicle stability and safety which is a big part of BWI overall operation. I've learned a great deal working under the maintenance department. The hardest part of the is keeping up with cleanliness of the vehicles for deadline preparations. There are a lot trucks in the fleet and meeting the requests of the drivers and the company seems like a overwhelming task.
Pros
company functions
Cons
working outside department of maintenance on other sections despite busy schedule.
Another number one company
Java Developer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 4, 2014
Good place to work and good team and Good technology. Good career.
it was a nice work place
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 24, 2014
everyone was please with the way I put work together for the i'll have everything in order for my workers when they come in we did the work and left every day on time it was not like that till I put the plain together
Good warehouse to work at
Stocker/Loader (Former Employee) –  Nash, TXOctober 28, 2013
Nice place to work with good pay and great co-workers. And a good management team.
Pros
forklifts and co-workers
Cons
no cons
I love Chimes-BWI
Janitorial Associate (Current Employee) –  Linthicum, MDJanuary 27, 2013
I learned a lot from my job from Chimes-BWI, but the most important lesson was how to provide excellent customer service.
Good company, great team.
Customer Specifications Coordinator (Current Employee) –  McHenry, ILSeptember 11, 2012
Handled customer calls, managed customer projects, worked with all aspects of managment teams to complete customer specifications. Management teams were the best in the business, and co-workers were like family. The customers (public libraries) were intelligent, friendly and great to work with. The company was recently sold and I am seeking new employment.
Pros
benefits, pay, good team environment
Cons
operating with an it system that needed updating
ok
Shift supervisor (Former Employee) –  Baxley, GAAugust 10, 2012
needs to be more stabel it was ok but the upper management needs to be more cosistant
When all deliveries where done you could go home early.
Delivery Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAJune 12, 2012
I made deliveries from Richmond to Noth Carolina. Unload deliveries from semi-trucks full of insulation and some other products. I drove a 24 foot box van to deliver insulation products. I sometimes had to load my own truck where I had been forklift certified to do so.
I learned about the warehouse proceedures and shipping and recieving.
Management thre was really great. They just wanted their deliveries to be on time which was nevera problem. A few calls on the two-way and let them know where I was in my deliveries because sometimes I had to come off my rout to make a extra delivery. The management was laid back because our job was mostly easy to get done nd when done early we where let go early withfull days pay anyway.
I didnt have alot of time to converse with others, because I was on the road all day by myslf making delevries. But for the most part I only worked with three others, a salesman, manager, and another driver who for about and hour and half would unload deleveries together every other morning.
The hardess part of the job was never getting used to feeling insulation in your clothes.
The enjoyable part was the driving around and seeing places I had not been to.
Long Breaks
Dock Worker (Current Employee) –  Greer, SCJune 5, 2012
After we finished all our work we were able to take extended breaks