By Appointment Only Employee Reviews in United States

Sad place to work!
Account Mapper (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAMarch 9, 2016
In hind sight, I should have seen more of what "made" BAO but I certainly got a head full of information in a very short time. Not a single person that I encountered during my positive interview process had a recognizable demeanor after I started.
Unless you are basically naturally ruthless, prone to dishonesty - if it gets the job done, love conflicting directions from competing supervisors and feeling like a non-descript cog in someone's money machine, you should run! This place is a soul sucking penthouse cold call factory.
This is a place where you can get positive feedback on week 4, be subjected to a "we are making a big investment in you" meeting on week 5 and be packing your desk in front of 200 people on week six with little meaningful explanation. Maybe there is an extra critical eye on your potential right before the benefits kick in?
Oh, and if you are asked to "sever ties", when your supervisor asks you if he can help you to your car, it is to be sure that he can retrieve your door key. Hmmm, I sense that he had some serious practice and seeing folks out.
Some of the people there are really nice but not anyone who has worked there for very long. I sense you have to get on that Kool-Aid pretty quick to make the cut.
If you need some money, dress well, say what they want to hear and get that position at BAO. Then, collect a few paychecks to buy you the time to find something you won't have to regret later, either because of the humiliation of being asked to leave or because sadly, you actually work there!
Pros
It was short
Cons
I wasted my time.
Fun, fast paced sales environement
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Andover, MAFebruary 1, 2016
BAO provided a great platform for a sales career, broadening my areas of knowledge within the technology fields, and elevating my career overall.
Different Environment
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MANovember 3, 2015
Made multiple calls to VP officials at large companies such as IBM, and Oracle to gain sales meetings. An ever changing management team became tough at times.
Pros
Team Building
Cons
Long Hours/Compensation
Interesting
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 12, 2015
My co-workers were always nice and fun to be around. I enjoyed the environment they provided on a daily basis. I enjoyed the huge possibilities of bonuses each month.
The dept. Of labor should shut down bao
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAJune 23, 2015
To begin with, I've held previous sales positions elsewhere and have been extremely successful. My wife who is an attorney and the breadwinner in our family, recently took on a new position at a law firm in the Boston area and our family relocated from another part of the country.

That said, I found no success at BAO whatsoever despite following everything they said to do in training and despite having other sales jobs in the past which involved cold calling. Most people arrive in training bright eyed and bushy tailed all the while ranting and raving about how wonderful the BAO family is. If you can call BAO a family, it is the most dysfunctional one ever. Management tells you that negative reviews about the company are limited to a few disgruntled employees and suggest that they be ignored.

Prospect lists are distributed to those who tell management how wonderful the company is. In other words, you must tell lies in order to survive as a salesperson at BAO. All others receive garbage lists that have been picked over multiple times and have very few solid leads. Employee turnover and employee dissatisfaction are rampant at this company. They hire anyone off the street and believe me, some of the people who work at BAO look as if they live in the streets.

Positive reviews that you read about BAO are from management and a few employees who drink the kool aid and are fed the best leads.

Even if you are a recent college grad or new to the work place, do not work at BAO.
Pros
I got fired: the biggest relief I've ever felt. It can only get better from here on in.
Cons
I got hired: wish I never found this company
Great place to learn
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZApril 7, 2015
Good company to work for. They are flexible and will work with your family needs. I would recommend this job to anyone. Tough job but it is well worth it.
Lead generation 101
Lead Generation (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MADecember 29, 2014
This is a place to learn lead generation at a high level. You make over 150 calls a day. The job was good but the compensation could use some work.
Revolving Door
Customer Service/admin (Current Employee) –  01810November 27, 2014
This company has a nice atmosphere and most of the people are nice including the CEO and Owner.

The turn around time for this place is so frequent. The interview process is a complete nightmare and I am shocked people that schedule interviews don't walk out. The recruiters are always 20-30 minutes behind on EVERY interview.

They micromanage and expect your desk to be a jail cell.
Pros
nice people, decent hours and ok pay.
Cons
time management, micromanaging, don't like change
Click away from this company as fast as your fingers will allow...
Senior Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAJuly 2, 2014
I spent over two years at this mental nightmare, sweat shop and rue the day I made the mistake of speaking with the recruiter. The message seems sound but the machine is broken and the chain of command is in denial and ruthlessly cut throat, even to each other. You will be lied to and coerced from the moment you get there. They will suck every bit of self respect and motivation you have out and spit your confused carcass out onto the pavement. Take it from me, this is not just some vengeful, talentless nay sayer who refuses to admit his/her shortcomings. This company is NOT a career, is NOT a positive place to rebound and is NOT a place that will do anything but waste the valuable time you have left on this earth. Do not believe the lies and move on quickly. This is a cleverly disguised snake den.
Pros
a day here can only last until 6pm
Cons
there is not enough space to adequately represent the cons unfortunately
Run, run, run!
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJune 3, 2014
This is a great company for the very few who make it more than a year. But very few will ever make it that long, the turnover at this company is unbelievable. Honestly, the 1 year turnover rate is at least 70-80% and I'm not exaggerating.

And don't get sick, you'll be fired! We always hear that AZ is a right to work state, but this place gives "right to work" a whole new meaning.

The place seems so positive, but after you work there you learn that the positive atmosphere is even fake... you will be threatened or fired if you show or say anything that is not positive. Even if what you say is true.

You're better off scrubbing toilets than working at this company. Run, don't walk to any other job out there!
Pros
great hours and wonderful co-workers
Cons
everything else about this company!
Great place to work and wonderful people
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Andover, MAMay 9, 2014
I have worked at BAO for almost 2 years and this is a place I really can feel comfortable. They do the best job helping you get where you need to be and training was great as well. Everyone is so friendly
Pros
people, good pay, managment
Cons
stress of the job
Overall Good Company
Network Administrator (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 30, 2013
Monitor/ Maintain and support all IT issues in the office
Created all IT documentation for the office
Great co-workers
Users are the most difficult part of my job, you give them instructions, you show them, you have them do it, and they still don't get it.
relaxed work enviornment
Pros
not micro managed
Cons
no room for advancement
in the beginning it was a lot of fun
Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Andover MANovember 15, 2012
i made good money but became tired of the company nickle and diming me.
Pros
close to home
Productive and fun place to work
Senior Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MassFebruary 27, 2012
The training program and management team are extremely helpful.
Pros
informant monthly sales meeting with a free luch

Ask a question about working or interviewing at By Appointment Only. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9