All resumes must be submitted with Salary Requirements
POSITION TITLE: Director of Human Resources
REPORTS TO: CFO
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
SUMMARY OF POSITION: Develops policy and directs and coordinates human resources activities, such as employment, compensation, benefits, training, and employee services by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
1. Analyze and oversee management of all areas of health benefits, worker’s compensation, general liability and EPLI.
2. Investigate all claims of wage and hour violations, harassment and discrimination.
3. Analyze wage and salary reports and data to determine competitive compensation plan.
4. Prepare personnel forecast to project employment needs.
5. Write directives advising department managers of company policy regarding equal employment opportunities, compensation, and employee benefits.
6. Ensure that policies comply with federal and state law.
7. Develop and maintain a human resources system that meets top management information needs.
8. Oversees the analysis, maintenance, and communication of records required by law or local governing bodies, or other departments in the organization.
9. Study legislation and arbitration decisions to assess industry trends.
10. Write and deliver presentations to corporate officers or government officials regarding human resources policies and practices.
OTHER DUTIES: As assigned by management.
100 % Sitting.
80% Interact verbally with restaurant managers, employees, office staff.
60% Perform job at continuous high pace, under pressure, while maintaining quality & speed standards.
5% Lift and carry boxes up to 20 pounds from floor to above waist level, approx. 20 feet.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- PHR or SPHR
- 7-8 years Generalist Experience with 3-4 years supervising others, strong benefits experience preferred
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel
- Restaurant or retail experience preferred
- Strong knowledge of Federal and State payroll laws; multi-state knowledge a plus
- Ability to create, read, analyze and interpret reports and data
- Must possess good analytical skills, problem solving skills and communication skills, bother verbal and written
- Must be team-oriented, have a high level of integrity, have superb leadership skills and care for what you do every day
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITY:
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with others as a team
- Ability to meet performance standards
- Ability to take initiative and solve problems
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications with the job.