Byram Healthcare Employee Reviews

Prove Your Worth
Manager (Current Employee) –  United StatesJune 15, 2017
The company culture is helpful and the upper management wants you to succeed, until you don't hit your numbers; new hire training could use some work.
I would not advise for employment
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILJune 6, 2017
Certain managers show favorites. Certain employees could talk and do limited work and would be rewarded. Extremely pressured. There was nothing enjoyable about the management as certain people never could do enough.
Pros
Cons
work not appreciated
Byram review
Equipment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 2, 2017
It is a good company with good job security. It is a fun environment that is driven towards the customer. Free lunch is often provided and Lunch and learns to help employees of the company understand other functioning areas.
Ok place to work
Verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington StateApril 9, 2017
Ok place to work. Co-workers are great and work together. Management depends on the center you work in. Has offices around the country. Would like to see more investment in technology and processes.
Nice work team
Office Support Representative (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYApril 9, 2017
It was challenging position for first time to work at office .
very professional company and nice team work
Opportunity to grow inside the company and continue a career
Pros
opportunity to grow and go to college
Temporary Documenet mangament
Document Specialist (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 22, 2017
This was a temporary position, the company was in the process of changing names and patients where completing new patient paper work. This job including scanning and putting files in patients charts, answering phone calls, contacting Drs offices to obtain a current RX. The company then sends equipment to patients home.
Cons
Temp.
Productive workplace, the most enjoyable job.
Documentation Associate (Current Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAMarch 21, 2017
Byram has teach me to become a hard worker, and understand life is full of obstacles and become more independent and not only that how to face your problems with positive attitude.
Productive workplace
Billing Liaison (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILFebruary 27, 2017
Billing Liaison taught me alot of basics due to us touching base with EVERY department and their roles. I learned a bit of eligibility, reading and understanding EOBS, coding, documentation, billing, collections and customer service.
Pros
1 hr lunch, company perks
Cons
home life is cut short
Great Growing Company
Medicare Audit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILDecember 26, 2016
Byram Healthcare is a good company to work for. It provides medical equipment that meets the needs of many people. It's a growing company with great potential.
Hardwork but rewarding
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILDecember 21, 2016
Not a place if you are just looking to earn a paycheck. This place is tough but rewarding if you care about being the best and doing the best for your parents. We were just told that there would be no increase in our insurance premiums that it would only impact management which is awesome. New management is on the young side but enjoyable to work for.
Pros
Extended lunches, increased PTO, Annual charity day where you get paid to volunteer for a good cause, lots of OT
Cons
Stressful, bathrooms are always broken
productive, but very draining
INSURANCE VERIFICATION SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYDecember 7, 2016
-A typical day at work is exhausting, the work environment feels stuffy and over worked. Everyday its 8 hours of staring at two screens with extra work added on, with our a recognition. Some of the people employed do not hold their own weight, causing others to work more or to "help out".
Great culture, great people, great place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WADecember 7, 2016
In my bias opinion, I worked for the greatest team in 'Durable medical equipment". I felt welcomed, engaged, and happy to go to work!
Complex system and training is lacking
Manager Reimbursement (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYNovember 17, 2016
The training I received was minimal and overall training is presented via gotomeetings and powerpoint presentations. Genaro/ERP system is complex and the system is home grown and requires many upgrades to improve the system functionality in the changing healthcare environment. Salaries are not competitive for entry level positions and once you are working with the company there is minimal advancement and minimal increase that are not based on merit.

I learned many aspects of Microsoft Office and I learned how to manipulate data because in order to get information required to perform detail analysis you are required to combine various reports and then manipulate them..
Pros
Great Director
Cons
Lack of standardized training, advancement is made difficult, annual performance evaluations are completed but irrelevant to salary increases.
Big Promises
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  OklahomaOctober 24, 2016
I turned down two capital equipment jobs, and another device position that had offered a much higher salary. To make quota at Byram you need to be at 115%. This is fine, but for an expansion territory you need time to build your customer base. I was told i would be paid !50$ a year and could only go up. Not True.
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 8, 2016
Its an amazing place to work. All of the employees are extremely nice and the supervisors are amazing. Everybody works as a team. Plus some teams provides rewards if you hit certain goals.
Cubicle style
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Murray, UTAugust 16, 2016
I liked the people but there is not enough fun in the working environment. People are always so serious all the time. I liked that there were different shifts so you could possibly get in late or come in early.
Good little company
Associate Biller (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 26, 2016
It's a nice smaller company with decent benefits and pay. It doesn't have the perks and incentives that big/major companies have.... But I'm not complaining. Overall their expectations are clear, they give you all the tools needed to do your job, and they pay on time. There is always ample overtime available- but it gets tiresome after a while.
Pros
Pay, benefits, overtime
Cons
No perks/incentives, always short staffed.
Lack of leadership
Associate (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYJuly 26, 2016
Absolutely no room for growth unless you are an absolute moron. For example my current supervisor walks around clueless and yet no one in management seems to notice. Management is afraid to promote anyone with sense of intelligence.
Cons
I am a sales person with a proven track record in pharmaceutical sales
Healthcare Representative (Former Employee) –  Broward County, FLJuly 9, 2016
Educate, develop and maintain strong relationships with both health care provider and office staff, to further the progress of customers' business. Support a culture of high performance, accountability and integrity. The most gratifying part of my career at Daiichi-Sankyo is that I love sales and that I have the due diligence, tenacity and ambition to succeed.
Pros
Company vehicle
Cons
Mandated call plan
Productive fun work place
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAMay 16, 2016
Working at Byram Healthcare I was top CSR in inbound & outbound calls.
entering most orders in a day.Made sure that customers were satisfied with produce and orders were complete.I had that personal relationship with customers. When they called and asked for me I felt good. Knowing that I had did a good job on making that person happy.
I had a good manager who understood issues but making it a fun place to work.
Pros
luncheons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Byram Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.