ByteManagers is a leading, global Product Data Solutions company, providing cloud-based software and technology-enabled consulting services to maximize online revenue and optimize eCommerce results for Retailers and Industrial Suppliers. Our expertise in data management, data quality, search and navigation drive online revenue and create an online customer experience that is intuitive, efficient and rewarding.
Our fundamental guiding principle: provide elegant product data solutions for our clients. Our exceptionally talented team provides high-end consulting services in the following areas: eCommerce Optimization, Product Data Quality, Enterprise Information Integration, Document Management, Product Content Enrichment, Product Data Governance, and Product Data Modeling. Our customers include some of the world’s largest online retailers and industrial suppliers.
Your ByteManagers teammates are bright, talented, and experienced professionals working in a fast-paced culture where every team member has autonomy and responsibility. We value innovative thinking, elegant and pragmatic design, exceptional team chemistry, and innate passion to make an impact.
BMI is seeking a Data Analyst to join the Data Team in analyzing, modeling and optimizing large volumes of product data across a broad array of industrial products, advancing client business objectives and executing data-intensive projects to the highest standards of quality. The Data department is responsible for creating data models, optimizing data for search, as well as building and enriching product data. This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious and agile person looking to grow and learn.
- Top-notch analytical and problem solving skills
- Keen editorial skills and attention to detail
- Advanced Excel skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills with the ability multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with product data preferred
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop, map and refine data models for complex product lines
- Research products and analyze product specification data for thousands of items
- Pinpoint terminology, attributes and categorization structures critical to product definition and retrieval in search
- Analyze and advance industry trends in classification, faceted search and data modeling
- Review and refine existing taxonomies and parametric search schemas
- Create new taxonomies and parametric search schemas
- Make the complex succinct and simple, clarity of thought extremely valued
- Bachelor’s in an analytic, data-focused field. Master’s preferred. Fields of focus include: Library and Information Sciences, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Linguistics, Human Computer Interaction and related fields
- 1 to 3 years of working experience
- Experience involving techniques in handling large, complex data
- Experience working with data quality tools such as SilverCreek/EDQP is a bonus.
Keywords: Database, PIM, Stibo, Pindar, Agility, product data, taxonomy, attributes, schema, information architecture, wireframes, faceted search, parametric search, guided navigation, data mapping, data architecture, data structure, data modeling, keyword search, controlled vocabulary, Endeca, search engine, content management, content strategist, interaction design, user experience.
Candidate Location: Chicago (Preferable)
Possibility of working remotely: ok but not desirable