ByteManagers is the world's leading provider of quality data solutions that transform disparate and "dirty" data into usable and valuable information. At ByteManagers, we love what we do. We’re passionate about the impact we make on our clients' business through the execution of World Class Product Data initiatives.
BMI is seeking a Jr. Data Analyst to help primarily with verifying the accuracy of product data across a broad array of industrial and consumer products. The Data department is responsible for creating data models, optimizing data for search, as well as building and enriching product data. The Jr. Data Analyst will support these activities wherever possible. This is an excellent opportunity for college students, copy editor-types, people skilled with Excel operations and Google searches, lovers of logic puzzles, and people who like to listen to music while working online.
This position pays $12/hr
- Keen attention to detail and laser focus.
- Good spelling, grammar, and communication skills are a must.
- At least some familiarity with Excel. Moderate skill level or above preferred.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Desire to learn and perfect processes.
- Experience with industrial or technical products a plus.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Check product attributes against manufacturer information to validate the accuracy of the data.
- Clearly communicate findings and observed patterns to Data Analysts.
- Perform other Data Team support tasks according to detailed instruction.
- Basic administrative duties may also be required at times.
- Some college completed and/or office work experience.
- No physical or other limitations that would impede working on a computer for up to 8 hours.
- Interest in the internet, data, and how people buy products online.
Keywords: Database, PIM, Stibo, Pindar, Agility, product data, taxonomy, attributes, schema, information architecture, wireframes, faceted search, parametric search, guided navigation, data mapping, data architecture, data structure, data modeling, keyword search, controlled vocabulary, Endeca, search engine, content management, content strategist, interaction design, user experience.
Candidate Location: Chicago (Preferable)
Possibility of working remotely: ok but not desirable