ByteManagers is a leading, global Product Data Solutions company, providing cloud-based software and technology-enabled consulting services to maximize online revenue and optimize eCommerce results for Retailers and Industrial Suppliers. Our expertise in data management, data quality, search and navigation drive online revenue and create an online customer experience that is intuitive, efficient and rewarding.
Our fundamental guiding principle: provide elegant product data solutions for our clients. Our exceptionally talented team provides high-end consulting services in the following areas: eCommerce Optimization, Product Data Quality, Enterprise Information Integration, Document Management, Product Content Enrichment, Product Data Governance, and Product Data Modeling. Our customers include some of the world’s largest online retailers and industrial suppliers.
Your ByteManagers teammates are bright, talented, and experienced professionals working in a fast-paced culture where every team member has autonomy and responsibility. We value innovative thinking, elegant and pragmatic design, exceptional team chemistry, and innate passion to make an impact.
BMI is seeking a Jr. Data Analyst to help primarily with verifying the accuracy of product data across a broad array of industrial and consumer products. The Data department is responsible for creating data models, optimizing data for search, as well as building and enriching product data. The Jr. Data Analyst will support these activities wherever possible. This is an excellent opportunity for college students, copy editor-types, people skilled with Excel operations and Google searches, lovers of logic puzzles, and people who like to listen to music while working online.
This is a full time position paying $12-14/hr.
- Keen attention to detail and laser focus.
- Good spelling, grammar, and communication skills are a must.
- At least some familiarity with Excel. Moderate skill level or above preferred.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Desire to learn and perfect processes.
- Experience with industrial or technical products a plus.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Check product attributes against manufacturer information to validate the accuracy of the data.
- Clearly communicate findings and observed patterns to Data Analysts.
- Perform other Data Team support tasks according to detailed instruction.
- Basic administrative duties may also be required at times.
- Some college completed and/or office work experience.
- No physical or other limitations that would impede working on a computer for up to 8 hours.
- Interest in the internet, data, and how people buy products online.
Keywords: Database, PIM, Stibo, Pindar, Agility, product data, taxonomy, attributes, schema, information architecture, wireframes, faceted search, parametric search, guided navigation, data mapping, data architecture, data structure, data modeling, keyword search, controlled vocabulary, Endeca, search engine, content management, content strategist, interaction design, user experience.
Candidate Location: Chicago (Preferable)
Possibility of working remotely: ok but not desirable