C&F Finance provides non-prime automobile financing in 14 states and services these markets through four regional offices. We strive to provide the highest level of service to our dealer partners who provide financing to customers in need of Traditional and Specialty financing.
Seeking a seasoned Skip Tracer and Recovery Collector responsible for collecting on charge-off accounts by making and receiving calls. Perform skip-tracing and must document accounts accordingly. Prepare notifications to secure payment; explain penalties, interest, deadlines, and consequences for failure to comply. Obtain and evaluate financial information for the purpose of negotiating payment of balance in full, settlement and/or payment plan.
SPECIAL NOTE, SPECIAL NOTE, SPECIAL NOTE: READ BEFORE APPLYING > > > > > > > > THIS IS NOT AN ENTRY LEVEL POSITION AND YOU MUST BE ABLE TO SHOW CURRENT AND PRIOR EXPERIENCE DEMONSTRATING ADVANCE SKIP TRACING SKILLS. IF YOU DO NOT POSSESS RELEVANT AND ADVANCED SKIP TRACING TECHNIQUES, YOU *WILL NOT* BE CONSIDERED FOR EMPLOYMENT.
You will be providing the best in class service that has come to be expected from C & F Finance Company. *Key responsibilities include but not limited to be:
- Perform advanced skip-tracing tasks in order to make contact with our customer.
- Locate unrecovered vehicles by utilizing optimum skip tracing techniques.*
- Know and follow FDCPA and state laws.
- Negotiate while maintaining a manner which shows sensitivity, tact, and professionalism.
- Review all charge offs and determines best collection action to follow.
- Send settlement and payment letters and follow up on responses received.
- Refer accounts to legal firms or collection agencies accordingly.
- Make outbound and receive inbound calls and consistently follow our internal collection call model and techniques.
- Consistently and accurately document all information pertaining to accounts.
- Make recommendations to litigate as needed.
- Read, interpret and apply laws, rules, regulations, policies and/or procedures.
- Set payment arrangements.
- Process check-by-phone and/or ACH requests accurately.
- Locate assets for garnishment procedures.
- Handle judgments received.
- Adhere to all C&F policies and procedures as well as complying with all regulations and applicable laws.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include rotating weeknights, weekends, and holidays as business dictates.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Two to three years or more of experience in recovery, collections, auto loan lending required.
- Knowledge of collections and collection law required.
- Knowledge and experience in legal proceedings in the auto industry required.
- Excellent skip tracing skills required.
- Experience and a level of proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point) required. Proficient computer skills and typing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required.
- Strong intuitive, analytical, problem solving and organizational skills are essential.
- Must possess a strong attention to detail.
- Highly motivated.
- Excellent phone skills.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Individual must be a team player who works cooperatively with peers, employees, managers and other departments, along with external customers such as third party agencies, court representatives and attorneys.
- Must possess basic business math to solve problems. Able to present accurate mathematical calculations.
- Must be an excellent listener.
- Able to work independently.
- Able to understand the auto loan industry processes and regulations.
- Able to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment with deadlines and performance standards.
- Able to follow written and/or verbal instructions.
- Associate’s Degree or College Degree preferred.
C&F Finance offers an excellent total compensation package of competitive salaries and industry-leading benefits. There is also the added bonus of a friendly and family-oriented environment. C&F Finance also recognizes that to be a great company it must provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals, and we are committed to doing just that.
We offer a very competitive compensation package (depending on level of experience). Our benefit plans include Medical with Vision, Dental, Company Paid Life Insurance, Child Life Insurance, Spouse Life Insurance, Company Paid Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability, Voluntary Vision Plan, Long Term Care Insurance, continuous training opportunities, Tuition Reimbursement, Computer Purchase program, 401-K (dollar for dollar up to 5%), etc.
About our History
C&F Bank acquired Moore Loans, which is now C&F Finance Company, in September of 2002 for approximately 65 million dollars. Since then, the employee count at C&F Finance Company has more than doubled and the receivables have grown to over $275 Million dollars. We are currently servicing VA, TN, AL, GA, MD, OH, IN, IL, WV, TX, FL, KY, MO and NC.
Founded in 1927, C&F Bank has focused on our customers and the communities in which we serve for over 80 years. Today, we still operate this company under the same set of values: excellence in all we do; ethical and moral conduct at all times; an obligation to the well-being of the communities we serve; and, a commitment to our officers and staff. It is our goal to be among the “Best of the Best” financial institutions for our shareholders, our customers and the communities in which they live, and our employees. In 2012, C&F Financial Corporation was named by Forbes Magazine as one of the Best Banks of the Decade. C&F Bank is highly capitalized and we have consistently outperformed our competitors. Most importantly, we continue to prosper due to the investment in our most important resource - people.
We conduct a thorough Credit and Criminal Check.
To apply, please reply to this ad or send resume to: Human Resources, 1313 East Main Street, Richmond, VA 23219 or fax to 804-236-9636.
No recruiters. No phone calls. For more information about our company visit our website at www.cffinance.com or www.cffc.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
C&F Financial Corporation Named on the Best Banks of the Decade according to Forbes