C&F Finance provides non-prime automobile financing in 14 states and services these markets through three regional offices. We strive to provide the highest level of service to our dealer partners who provide financing to customers in need of Traditional and Specialty financing.
Seeking a seasoned Underwriter with indirect auto lending experience who will be responsible for making prudent credit decisions within its established approval/exception guidelines in compliance with all state and federal regulations, and in adherence to all C&F practices, policies and procedures.
You will be providing the best in class service that has come to be expected from C & F Finance Company. Key responsibilities include but not limited to be:
- Analyze information received from credit application and consumer credit data to make prudent decisions regarding credit approval that are within credit authority. Concurrence requirement not required.
- Negotiate terms and conditions of loan decisions with dealers within established approval/exception guidelines to ensure credit quality and profitability.
- Develop and maintain efficient dealer relationships by making outside marketing calls that ensure volume objectives and credit quality requirements are met.
- Manage and obtain satisfactory application approval. Purchase, capture and close deals within company guidelines. Capture approved deals through negotiation with dealers utilizing sales skills.
- Monitors dealer productivity and calls dealers for approval and follow-up on pending contracts to increase capture ratios.
- Manage yield based on company guidelines.
- Support changes in origination strategies as needed.
- Assist in managing efficiencies through dealer education.
- Remain informed on all industry related trends.
- Consistently meet or exceed volume requirements.
- Demonstrate proficiency on all aspects of underwriting.
- Consistently maintain satisfactory capture and closure rates.
- Consistently achieve satisfactory credit audits.
- Consistently achieve satisfactory charge off levels.
- Consistently achieve satisfactory 12-mo charge off performance.
- Adhere to all C&F policies and procedures as well as complying with all regulations and applicable laws.
- Assist with area development by phone marketing existing dealer base as assigned.
- Conduct customer interviews on credit applications to gather and document information pertaining to making credit decisions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- The successful candidate will have a minimum of two years underwriting or related industry experience which consists of sales, credit, funding or collections.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent is preferred. A combination of experience and education will be considered.
- Experience and a level of proficiency with Microsoft Office preferred. Proficient computer skills and typing skills.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational, math, and PC skills are required.
- Strong rapport-building, decision-making, and problem-solving skills are essential.
- Must possess a strong attention to detail.
- Highly motivated.
- Excellent phone sales skills.
- Proficient oral and written communications skills.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Able to communicate effectively with people at all levels.
- Must be an excellent listener and have the ability to use sound, independent judgment while interacting with a diverse group of constituents.
- Able to work independently.
- Able to deal with ambiguous situations and issues that arise on during the underwriting process. * Able to evaluate and make consistent, quality credit decisions that produce acceptable ratios and returns for the company.
- Able to develop and maintain productive dealer relationships.
- Able to require minimal assistance with underwriting, phone marketing and funding responsibilities.
C&F Finance offers an excellent total compensation package of competitive salaries and industry-leading benefits. There is also the added bonus of a friendly and family-oriented environment. C&F Finance also recognizes that to be a great company it must provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals, and we are committed to doing just that.
We offer a very competitive compensation package (depending on level of experience). Our benefit plans include Medical with Vision, Dental, Company Paid Life Insurance, Child Life Insurance, Spouse Life Insurance, Company Paid Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability, Voluntary Vision Plan, Long Term Care Insurance, continuous training opportunities, Tuition Reimbursement, Computer Purchase program, 401-K (dollar for dollar up to 5%), etc.
About our History
C&F Bank acquired Moore Loans, which is now C&F Finance Company, in September of 2002 for approximately 65 million dollars. Since then, the employee count at C&F Finance Company has more than doubled and the receivables have grown to over $275 Million dollars. We are currently servicing VA, TN, AL, GA, MD, OH, IN, IL, WV, TX, FL, KY, MO and NC.
Founded in 1927, C&F Bank has focused on our customers and the communities in which we serve for over 80 years. Today, we still operate this company under the same set of values: excellence in all we do; ethical and moral conduct at all times; an obligation to the well-being of the communities we serve; and, a commitment to our officers and staff. It is our goal to be among the “Best of the Best” financial institutions for our shareholders, our customers and the communities in which they live, and our employees. In 2012, C&F Financial Corporation was named by Forbes Magazine as one of the Best Banks of the Decade. C&F Bank is highly capitalized and we have consistently outperformed our competitors. Most importantly, we continue to prosper due to the investment in our most important resource - people.
We conduct a thorough Credit and Criminal Check.
To apply, please reply to this ad or send resume to: Human Resources, 1313 East Main Street, Richmond, VA 23219 or fax to 804-236-9636.
No recruiters. No phone calls. For more information about our company visit our website at www.cffinance.com or www.cffc.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
C&F Financial Corporation Named on the Best Banks of the Decade according to Forbes