C&F Mortgage Corporation is seeking a Mortgage Processing Assistant for our Wilmington, Delaware Branch. The Processing Assistant acts as the “right-hand” person for the Branch Manager. This is an extremely fast-paced position that requires someone with an incredible work ethic, and attention to detail. The successful candidate will be one who can handle themselves in pressure situations, and ever-changing priorities.
- Supports the processing and marketing efforts, including the pipeline for current closings, communicating with new leads and assisting them with completing the paperwork, following up on leads, and creating campaigns to further the marketing efforts of the Branch.
- Reviews borrower supporting documentation to ensure completeness and accuracy, acts as a liaison between the borrower and the processor to ensure all items from the documentation list are received and accurate. The Processing Assistant will follow up to collect missing documentation when needed.
- Scans and copies documents and assembles borrower files.
- Reviews and audits all submitted materials to ensure documentation needed for final approval is in the file before it goes to processing. Must have experience in reviewing bank statements, tax returns, trust agreements, appraisals and subordinations.
- Analyzes personal tax returns, business tax returns, and other financial information to determine if the income can be used for loan qualification.
- Perform related responsibilities and projects as required or assigned.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Previous experience in the mortgage industry as an assistant, loan processor or loan officer.
- Must have knowledge of lending terminology.
- The ability to calculate income, and understand the necessary drivers for loan qualification.
- Proven customer service ability.
- A strong business development sense with ability to network via various avenues as well as assist with generating opportunities for business.
Indeed - 7 months ago