C&S Wholesale Grocers

C&S Wholesale Grocers Employee Reviews

hard working people are employed
Loader/ selector/ forklift operator (Former Employee), Chester, NYJune 25, 2015
Pros: experience
Cons: short breaks
great pay, has an O.K. corperate, hard working people dont stop working till day is over, and has a high stress leve. i selected, loaded trailers, and used forlifts around the warehouse.
good place to work
Backhauler/receiver (Former Employee), Aberdeen, MDJune 23, 2015
A lucrative work environment with good management and safety. Paid vacation and sick time, as well as room for promotion.
Productive fast pace environment
Buyer (Current Employee), Keene, NHJune 18, 2015
• Responsible for purchasing 2,000 items for a $2.73M inventory budget with estimated sales of $8.4B
• Nurtured relationships with key accounts and responsible for procuring store supplies needed for customers including; Ahold, Tops, Key Foods, Safeway, A&P, Highland Park, D’Agostino, Big M, and numerous other Independent Stores covering the entire northeast region.
• Maintained and exceeded minimum of 96% service level to all customers
A very hard job but also fun to do at the same time.
Laborer (Former Employee), Enfield, CTJune 17, 2015
Alot of hard workers at this job that do what they have to do to get the job done right and on time.Was very fast pace environment which i like because i enjoy a challenge .
MIlitary Cultish
incentive selector (Former Employee), north hatfield massJune 11, 2015
Pros: Good Pay
Cons: cultish, bad supervising, dangerous, sloppy not organized
These guys seem ok at the beginning but after a while they show their true colors. I was only part time at N. Hatfield and was supposed to work five and a half maybe six hour shifts. I would get huge assignments near the end of my shift which would keep me way past. The supervisors would give me trouble if I expressed my concern about this. I got pulled into the office where a supervisors personality completely changed and I felt threatened and insulted when I explained that I was only part time and that working these hours with no break is well, ILLEGAL. I would sometimes stay late and suck it up with no complaint but after awhile it became suspicious for them to do that to me. The supervisor harassed me over and over again questioning about leaving and said I had funny ideas because I thought I was supposed to leave at 10:30. You never get enough down time for all the bull that takes place in the isles and Thursdays are so packed and the warehouse is sloppy and dangerous. You get indoctrinated into a cult like sports team and everybody thinks that they have the best job in the world. There computer system which you use to pick constantly screws up and interferes with your work. The pallet jacks aren't in the best shape and the steering almost knocked me off a few times. The isles are wet messy and you can get into accidents there so you've got to be real careful. It's too bad the pay was good and the trainers were awesome but not worth your life. Stay away.
Summary of Marcos rodrigues
Selector (Former Employee), North Hatfield, MAJune 8, 2015
Pros: you get to be very strong
Cons: you waisting your life
learned to work as a team
work with computers to finish my task
organize loads
load the trucks with foods
move fast to keep myself worm in a very cold environment
lift very heavy objects daily
you get to say in a good shape
its a very good time spent if you plan to workout your body
selector
selector (Former Employee), Westfield, MAJune 6, 2015
selecting order in a freezer driving an electric pallet jack. have to be fast and be able to lift over 60 pounds all day diffidently kept me in shape
Better then decent
selector and forklift (Former Employee), Aberdeen, mdMay 31, 2015
Pros: good pay, good management, 4 day work weeks
Cons: all the cry babies
The pay is good but the benefits were kind of terrible. I enjoyed the schedule which is only 4, roughly ten hour days a week, with varying hours. You won't see less then 8 hours a day (32 hours, which is rare) but could see up to 13 hours a day (again this is rare but there's on and off seasons) I worked in the freezer warehouse which is miserable (-10 to -20 degrees) for the first month or two but you will get used to it just don't stop moving and you won't even notice. The management is awesome possibly the best I've worked for, but the workers there.... Don't get me wrong there are plenty of good workers and good people here but there are some of the biggest cry babies I've ever seen in my work history... If you can look past that you can make some good money here though. I would suggest this to anybody looking for a stable, good paying job.
okay job
Hi-Lo operator (Former Employee), Newburgh, NYMay 19, 2015
Okay to work for. When I was there people where in and out all the time. Management the same. Unsafe place to work. Almost no personal life. they give nothing and expect everything.
Good pay for anyone looking to work hard
Selector (Former Employee), Windsor Locks, CTMay 7, 2015
Pros: incentive pay
Cons: high turn over rate
The job was very physical and the turn over really high within a year more than half the employees hired are gone and the management needs more structure.
C & S Grocery is a great company to work for.
Regional Worker's Compensation Claim Manager (Current Employee), Upper Marlboro, MDMay 5, 2015
Working with internal employees. Do the best job and work that you can at all times. All of the co-workers that I work with are wonderful. we all work as a team. Team work makes the dream work. Hardest parrt of the job is trust. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning and having new opportunities on a daily bases. Training new people is a great opportunity for me.
Physically demanding
Back Hauler (Former Employee), Windsor Locks, CTMay 4, 2015
Pros: Good paycheck
Cons: Hard on your body
Physically demanding occupation. Pays well for anyone looking to work hard. Employer doesn't discriminate. Incentive pay system which can be lucrative.
Merchandising Assistant (Former Employee), Keene, NHApril 26, 2015
Pros: Steady work and many opportunities to advance
Cons: None
I worked at C&S for only six months but enjoyed my time there. I left because the commute at the time was becoming expensive and I had a less than reliable vehicle. I earned a dollar per hour raise despite only being there for six months.
its a big company to work for, but the management is a little bit crazy and stupid
Selector/Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Suffield, CTApril 21, 2015
i dont have much to say about this company, but i would never try working for them again, working for this company was horrible
good
o Inform supervisor of any discrepancies (Former Employee), Windsor, CTApril 18, 2015
Good job and great co-worker easy work and clients easy going also the management is great. Good job and great co-worker easy work and clients easy going also the management is great.
Productive and fun place with a ping pong table
Order Selector/ Electric Palletjack rider (Former Employee), Aberdeen, MDApril 18, 2015
The hardest parts of the job is learning all the commands for using the Jennifer headset and stacking your cases on the pallet without them falling off. Other than that it's a pretty good gig but they do have a high turn over rate. But if you can deal with the cold are good at Tetris and can give the correct commands threw your head unit you should do fine.
Productive and team based workplace
Selector (Current Employee), Miami FloridaApril 12, 2015
Pros: Bonus
Cons: None
It is a good experience and a family based environment. The work is doable and the staff is helpful. A good place to work for anyone.
Management really works with you
Incentive Selector (Former Employee), Bethlehem, PAApril 10, 2015
use pallet jack to go isle to isle getting your orders done. You get paid for your workl so everybody is very busy trying to get high percentage since that determines your rate of pay at the end of the week. Cool people to get along with
Very fast Paced job
Selector (Former Employee), Windsor Locks, CTApril 6, 2015
Pros: Benefits, company events, good pay
Cons: Short Breaks, Very demanding, Sometimes felt like favoritism
A typical day at in the warehouse felt like a regular day in the gym. You have to always keep moving non-stop because your being paid off of performance so time means everything. This job showed me literally you have to be sort of selfish (in which i was very seldom, the more you lend a hand things could become easier for you down the road when you needed a hand) since you were trying to make more money an hour. The hardest part of the job is basically your mental stability. The job is physical but if you keep your mind clear and telling your self you can do it, you were going to get through . Honestly, like every job you apply for , the pay is why your trying to work. At this place, it you get into a good groove, it was like money was being thrown at you.
THIS JOB SUCKS
Selector (Former Employee), Orlando, FLApril 5, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: everything
THIS JOB SUCKS. Spare your life and don't work for them. They work you to death and the mangers here DOES NOT CARE for their employees. They only care for their pockets. That's why this slave trade has a high turnover rate.

1 2 3 4 5

About C&S Wholesale Grocers

C&S Wholesale Grocers is the lead supply chain company in the food industry today – and the largest wholesale grocery – Read more

C&S Wholesale Grocers Salaries