C&S Wholesale Grocers

C&S Wholesale Grocers Employer Reviews

Fun and productive
Picker/Packer/Shipper (Former Employee), Aberdeen, MDFebruary 25, 2015
This was a well maintained and fun place to excel when things needed to be done we did it. They held training classes for us when there was job opportunities and things that we weren't accustomed to.
Production based company
Incentive Lift Operator (Current Employee), Newburgh, NYFebruary 18, 2015
Your Incentive so your earning potential is big.Always room for advancement. If your not afraid of hard this is a good job.
Co does no appreciate employees
other (Former Employee), Stockton, CaFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: some good people work for them but go un-appreciated and recognized
Cons: too many to name
Poor management. Co does not appreciate hard working, dependable and loyal employees. The favoritism is promoted and accepted over employees who actually product results and care about business. Legal nightmares waiting to happen.....
productive workplace
Operation supervisor Intern (Former Employee), Westfield, MAFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: large company
Cons: long hours
I was involved with all departments at C&S Westfield. My job included an active rotation in every component of the 600 thousand square foot warehouse. Using computer software I successfully accomplished this stressful rotation. I managed a 96-door dock for 2 months handling every procedure involved with filling and releasing 200-tractor trailer loads daily. I projected and met Key performance indicator’s every day and was very successful. I’ve conducted audits to ensure quality control, hired employees, used complicated software to manage inventory, Additionally, I worked nights for a month handling incoming shipments and and placing appointing inventory to correct location. I communicated tasks to teams and much more all while reporting directly to my boss in every position. I handled many issues within the company ranging from contract disagreements to safety procedures. I’m very passionate about my job and work very hard to always make sure I go above and beyond what is asked of me.
Good money...but
Incentive Order Selector (Former Employee), Aberdeen, MDFebruary 4, 2015
They overwork their employees. Good money, but not worth it. The freezing temperatures were bearable, and it was definitely fun working there.
C&S customer service
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Brattleboro, VTFebruary 3, 2015
i worked at C&S for five now.. overall it a good job and the people are nice.i enjoyed working here and ii have only good thing to said. the compensation could be a little better.
Productive fun
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Westfield, MAJanuary 29, 2015
A hard working face paced job.Keeps you in shape and make good money. Cold enviroment. Employees are friendly and nice to work with. Typical day is very busy and could work longer hours.
Its a Scam
selector (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALJanuary 27, 2015
Cons: everything
They don't pay you enough to slave you the way they do. The management is horrible they have no understanding. There main concern is getting those groceries out they dont care about the workers.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Chester, NYJanuary 16, 2015
it was great company to work for. management need a lil more of communication. the co workers were a great team....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Good Pay but everything else bad
Director, IS (Former Employee), Keene, NHJanuary 13, 2015
No personal life, very bad management, no culture and process. Good pay. Very unreasonable.
I loved it here
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Kapolei HawaiiJanuary 12, 2015
I loved working for the company. Working with different vendors kept me on my toes with deadlines. I appreciated the experience I had when working for them and hope that I would be able to work for this company again if I could.
ok
shipping clerk (Former Employee), Montgomery, NYJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: nothing at all to say
Cons: healtcare is not good and the raises are really not good.
i give c and s a 2 out of 10 for a place to work there raises and not good at all they give only percent on years worked.....
High paced
Associate Mainframe Systems Engineer (Current Employee), Keene, NHJanuary 8, 2015
When I get into work I sort though my emails to see what work I have ahead of me for the day. After that I check the overall health of our Mainframe. Then I log into our help desk software to check on the tickets that are in my queue.
Productive work good pay
Battery Technician (Former Employee), Hanoverville, PAJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: free lunch sometimes, free steak 90 days of safety
Cons: scheduled days
Very Productive place.
I learned a lot about warehouse and shipping
management is ok
co workers are very diverse everyone gets along and treats eachother ok
the hardest part is fast pace that you keep up with
Very fast paced envoirment
Forklift / warehouse (Former Employee), Bethlehem, PAJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: fast pace for $
incentive paced non hostile working condition. Long hours to complete job tasks. no holidays off except Thanksgiving, xmas, and new years.Good management very friendly
worked inventory
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PADecember 31, 2014
As an inventory specialist I had different tasks daily.
I enjoyed the people and the job. I enjoyed leaving my work at work and having nothing to worry about at home except for my personal life. This was a nice job for me at that time.
Work environment is productive and friendly
Selector (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLDecember 17, 2014
A typical day for me is busy and fast pace. Working to full potential while keeping communication level above average with management. Learning everything I can possibly learn from upper management
great
Selector/Loader (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLDecember 12, 2014
Pros: sometimes they feed you, real good pay, lot of hours
Cons: long hours, physically demanding
my review its a good job, if your doing what your supposed to be doing it can be a great career, great company, hardest part is just the long hours, but if an individual is dedicated it a great company.
slave labor/hours
selector, forklift, trainer (Current Employee), westfield mADecember 9, 2014
Cons: fake leadership/strict standards/ you work till the works out
Working in a freezer 10hrs a day on a goal time for each assignment. Some are fair times some are just robbery and ur making the company $. If u get hurt or need light duty your drug tested and ur never treated the same, ur looked down opon and talked badly about at company meetings. Supervisors try to "boost ur confidence" but its a lie.. next time u try to take a break to warm up they'll call u out over the loud speaker. . STAY AWAY.
Holiday
Lead Claims Coordinator (Current Employee), chester nyNovember 30, 2014
everyday is different. Ive learned a lot from working with this company. moving up within the company is tough when you don't have personal relations with upper levels, you have to work extra hard to get noticed and things come easy for you when you're someones favorite. I do love my job and the challenges it brings.

1 2 3 4 5

About C&S Wholesale Grocers

C&S Wholesale Grocers is the lead supply chain company in the food industry today – and the largest wholesale grocery – Read more