C&S Wholesale Grocers

C&S Wholesale Grocers Employer Reviews

Hard work, good pay.
incentive selector (Current Employee), Chester, NYMarch 19, 2015
Was a hard job that paid well and a great place for anyone who needs the money. You don't need to ask for a raise, just work harder and get a higher pay rate. Trainees were often ill prepared and could sometimes be dangerous though.
Interesting work for low pay
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Keene, NHMarch 13, 2015
Pros: lateral opportunities
Cons: salary, benefits
I learned a lot during my time at C&S, worked with some cool people, and had a lot of autonomy because of the nature of my job. That said, the company is cheap when it comes to salary and benefits. The cost of living in Keene is not cheap, and C&S does not go out of their way to give you a dime more than you negotiate when you start. Word to the wise - hold out for more money.
good productive work place to work
Produce Inspector (Current Employee), Chester, NYMarch 12, 2015
Pros: you get three days off
Cons: days might not be consecutive days off
Long days in a refrigerated environment. good compensation
can be very tiring at times, but you tend to adjust after a while of being there for a while.
CNS
Supervisor (Current Employee), aberdeenMarch 1, 2015
Responsibilities:

What Your Day Looks Like
To thrive in this gritty, low-margin business, you must have a natural drive to succeed against all challenges; think like MacGyver with his creative –duct tape and paperclip, “get it done attitude.” You need to fundamentally see challenges as opportunities for continuous improvement. You need to be a “player-coach” because everything that happens in the facility gets done by others. You need strong planning and management process skills, but above all, your teaching and coaching effectiveness will determine your success. You will win if your team wins for you. You must have a genuine interest in your people and their safety.

You will:
•Effectively supervise the day-to-day shift SAFE operations of one or more warehouse areas of responsibility (AOR). Warehouse functions may include: selecting, loading, shipping, receiving, safety, sanitation, replenishment and product storage processes in a Grocery, Perishables or Freezer Warehouse environment.
•Manage and supervise the daily activities of Warehouse Associates in the fulfillment of customer orders and general warehouse operations
•Instruct and provide oversight to Warehouse Associates in the proper execution of all established quality, safety and sanitation practices of warehouse operations
•Collaborate with Shift Manager in the development of employee performance development plans (PDPs); Coach, mentor and guide Associates in the execution of PDPs; Utilize progressive coaching and counseling concepts according to established policies and procedures to provide continuous feedback on – more... performance, increase employee retention and improve employee relations.
•Manage to set KPI’s: Safety, Retention, Productivity, Budget and Quality (Shrink)
•Use discretion and judgment to conduct a variety of Safety, Quality, Shrink and Operational audits and encourage a sense of responsibility and ownership in the results of these audits in associates
•Conduct accident investigation per company guidelines, and use judgment and discretion to make findings and document them
•Other duties as assigned – less
organized but busy every day
Order Selector (Former Employee), Windsor Locks, CTFebruary 25, 2015
this place is a warehouse for stop and shop where you pick items for orders for different stores. the workers were polite and respectful we all did what we needed to do to get the job done. I learned that how the product gets put together to get delivered to the stores
Fun and productive
Picker/Packer/Shipper (Former Employee), Aberdeen, MDFebruary 25, 2015
This was a well maintained and fun place to excel when things needed to be done we did it. They held training classes for us when there was job opportunities and things that we weren't accustomed to.
Production based company
Incentive Lift Operator (Current Employee), Newburgh, NYFebruary 18, 2015
Your Incentive so your earning potential is big.Always room for advancement. If your not afraid of hard this is a good job.
Co does no appreciate employees
other (Former Employee), Stockton, CaFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: some good people work for them but go un-appreciated and recognized
Cons: too many to name
Poor management. Co does not appreciate hard working, dependable and loyal employees. The favoritism is promoted and accepted over employees who actually product results and care about business. Legal nightmares waiting to happen.....
productive workplace
Operation supervisor Intern (Former Employee), Westfield, MAFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: large company
Cons: long hours
I was involved with all departments at C&S Westfield. My job included an active rotation in every component of the 600 thousand square foot warehouse. Using computer software I successfully accomplished this stressful rotation. I managed a 96-door dock for 2 months handling every procedure involved with filling and releasing 200-tractor trailer loads daily. I projected and met Key performance indicator’s every day and was very successful. I’ve conducted audits to ensure quality control, hired employees, used complicated software to manage inventory, Additionally, I worked nights for a month handling incoming shipments and and placing appointing inventory to correct location. I communicated tasks to teams and much more all while reporting directly to my boss in every position. I handled many issues within the company ranging from contract disagreements to safety procedures. I’m very passionate about my job and work very hard to always make sure I go above and beyond what is asked of me.
Good money...but
Incentive Order Selector (Former Employee), Aberdeen, MDFebruary 4, 2015
They overwork their employees. Good money, but not worth it. The freezing temperatures were bearable, and it was definitely fun working there.
C&S customer service
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Brattleboro, VTFebruary 3, 2015
i worked at C&S for five now.. overall it a good job and the people are nice.i enjoyed working here and ii have only good thing to said. the compensation could be a little better.
Productive fun
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Westfield, MAJanuary 29, 2015
A hard working face paced job.Keeps you in shape and make good money. Cold enviroment. Employees are friendly and nice to work with. Typical day is very busy and could work longer hours.
Its a Scam
selector (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALJanuary 27, 2015
Cons: everything
They don't pay you enough to slave you the way they do. The management is horrible they have no understanding. There main concern is getting those groceries out they dont care about the workers.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Chester, NYJanuary 16, 2015
it was great company to work for. management need a lil more of communication. the co workers were a great team....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Good Pay but everything else bad
Director, IS (Former Employee), Keene, NHJanuary 13, 2015
No personal life, very bad management, no culture and process. Good pay. Very unreasonable.
I loved it here
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Kapolei HawaiiJanuary 12, 2015
I loved working for the company. Working with different vendors kept me on my toes with deadlines. I appreciated the experience I had when working for them and hope that I would be able to work for this company again if I could.
ok
shipping clerk (Former Employee), Montgomery, NYJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: nothing at all to say
Cons: healtcare is not good and the raises are really not good.
i give c and s a 2 out of 10 for a place to work there raises and not good at all they give only percent on years worked.....
High paced
Associate Mainframe Systems Engineer (Current Employee), Keene, NHJanuary 8, 2015
When I get into work I sort though my emails to see what work I have ahead of me for the day. After that I check the overall health of our Mainframe. Then I log into our help desk software to check on the tickets that are in my queue.
Productive work good pay
Battery Technician (Former Employee), Hanoverville, PAJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: free lunch sometimes, free steak 90 days of safety
Cons: scheduled days
Very Productive place.
I learned a lot about warehouse and shipping
management is ok
co workers are very diverse everyone gets along and treats eachother ok
the hardest part is fast pace that you keep up with
Very fast paced envoirment
Forklift / warehouse (Former Employee), Bethlehem, PAJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: fast pace for $
incentive paced non hostile working condition. Long hours to complete job tasks. no holidays off except Thanksgiving, xmas, and new years.Good management very friendly

1 2 3 4 5

About C&S Wholesale Grocers

C&S Wholesale Grocers is the lead supply chain company in the food industry today – and the largest wholesale grocery – Read more

C&S Wholesale Grocers Salaries