C&S Wholesale Grocers Employee Reviews

good pay
Picking selector (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 20, 2017
weekly pay Great personality, good student and coworker, Love helping others in need.
Love my community and try my very best to be respectful.
a s d f
Great place to work. Highly skilled Management.
Compensation Manager (Former Employee) –  Keene, NHMay 19, 2017
The organization was highly devoted to developing a positive work experience for employees including opportunities for growth and advancement. Fast paced environment.
busy
Inventory Control Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Opa-locka, FLMay 19, 2017
heavy volume you can move up quick if you apply yourself. but some people get over looked because they dont have degrees. this job can be good and can be bad depends on you
Pros
pay well
Cons
long hours for some people
hard work didnt pay off
Receiving Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAMay 18, 2017
work hard and you get to keep doing your job. the only ones who seemed to advance were those who were friends with management or supervisors. Long days in a hot and dirty warehouse
Pros
incentive pay
Cons
schedule changed weekly, management never around unless there was a problem
Fun challenging work place
Selector (Former Employee) –  Plant City, FLMay 17, 2017
the staff was very cool... managers/ supervisors, not so much. There were some cool supervisors but they take safety to the absolute extreme. You have to be conscious about absolutely everything going on around you or else you will get in a ton of trouble for little stuff.
Pros
Fun challenging work place, wonderful staff
Cons
tyrannical safety concerns
Enjoy the fast pace.
Operations Manager Shipping & Receiving (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 16, 2017
Overall I enjoy working at C&S currently I work as the southeast field manager with MHE/Selection training. I travel 2 weeks out of the month. work in Houston, Hammond Lou, Montgomery AL, Mauldin SC. I work in operation for 30 years holding many manager jobs.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Good compensation, grueling job. Can be fired fairly fast.
Selector (Former Employee) –  Westfield, MAMay 15, 2017
The amount of money you make will be exchanged for a healthy lifestyle. Long hours feel even longer with the type of work. I was in the freezer so it was harder working there.
Pros
Money, benefit.
Cons
Type of work, work conditions.
What a joke
Selector (Former Employee) –  Chester, NYMay 14, 2017
I would rather get Pepper sprayed and tasered everyday than work there again. And trust me I've done both in the police academy. Both were a more enjoyable experience.

Run and never look back.
Cons
people are great to work with, they are understanding of life situations and how certain people function.
Forklift Operator/Warehouse/selector (Former Employee) –  Chester, NYMay 11, 2017
over all c&s whole sale grocers are a very good company to work for. they pay well with the ability to advance if you work for it. i myself had achieved a new job placement in the company three months after starting at the entry level. another three months in i was at the new permanent position. i consider myself a quick learner i love to learn new things that benefit me and or others who like to strive for the best for them selves and those around them. the managment is very understanding, but some would say different. and that is the thing everyone as they're own views on things. it just matters how you try to stay positive in life. so i say never look at someones views as if they are completely wrong. Try to understand what is being said and done, no matter where you are because life throws things at us that we can not understand sometimes. so always be open minded before dismissing things.
Pros
great pay, if you have a great physical work ethic coming into the entry level
Cons
the constant lifting if done wrong will get to your body, also the selecting will get to you young or old if you do it for too many years.
Dockworker
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Newburgh, NYMay 11, 2017
I was required to help the truckers with their deliveries to the dock stations. Place pallets filled with grocery or non-grocery items to the dock stations for inspection. Following inspection, you are required to move the merchandise to the lift operator for storage. Clean up and sweep out every dock station for the next delivery. Bring garbage materials to the bailors for liquidation.
Pros
two breaks per shift
Cons
cold and hot conditions at times.
Difficult job with a very dangerous work environment
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Westfield, MAMay 11, 2017
This job had a high turnover rate for employees. There is risk of personal injury every day and the environment was in a freezer with temperatures around -20 degrees. Work is fast paced and incentive based. It is difficult to move up in management. The best part of the job was the compensation.
Pros
Good work sponsored events such as picnics and sporting events.
Cons
Backbreaking work
I learned a great deal about the industry at C&S.
Merchandising Analyst (Former Employee) –  Keene, NHMay 5, 2017
C&S is a place where you can learn a lot about the Food, CPG, Supply Chain industry in a short amount of time. You are given the opportunity to work in many facets of this big company that provides you a great deal of experience.
open workplace
Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAMay 5, 2017
typically very busy company, has many hours to work. Management is not always on your side sometimes very choosy with favorites. you can take a lunch when you feel like it and you can take breaks if needed.
Pros
Many hours, flexible
Cons
Management and HR do not listen to complaints or care
fast past, productive, intense hard work.
Selector (Former Employee) –  Westfield, MAMay 5, 2017
Don't push to hard. work with flow. And do not over think. It is very fast Paced and hard working. Things sometimes get frustrating because of the stacking. But overall if you make your numbers its good pay.
Pros
cafateria
Cons
long days
Not impressed for such a big company, not many benefits or pay
Office Associate (Former Employee) –  VermontMay 3, 2017
I enjoyed working for my direct Manager. The pay was not commensurate with effort and no ability to advance or make much more money in that department. For a billion dollar company they are certainly cheaper than average. I wouldn't recommend working there unless you get into a warehouse or computer department. Then you might make a living.
Pros
Meat discount twice a year, free pizza once in awhile
Cons
pay is poor, insurance is expensive and not very good, no paid time off for a year
Helpful friendly managers , not so great supervisors.
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAApril 28, 2017
great workplace, very safe. Not so great supervisors. Supervisors were very unprofessional even for a warehouse. Other than that the managers of the building were very nice and helpful and always had a ear to listen to the workers of the supervisor couldn't help (witch was most of the time if not always).
Supervisors had favorites also.
I am very happy working with C&S Wholesale Grocers
Functional Consultant (Current Employee) –  Keene, NHApril 26, 2017
I am very happy working with C&S Wholesale Grocers Responding to reviews can also humanize your business while showcasing your employer brand and personality. As you acknowledge and thank reviewers for their input, acknowledge the values you share and the common experiences everyone at your company can relate to.
Runner (Former Employee) –  Windsor Locks, CTApril 26, 2017
Very high pace job. work environment is okay for me it was easier to get work done without all the distractions. People are cool and help out if needed.
Great opportunity with a cutthroat, and terribly lead company
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Newburgh, NYApril 25, 2017
They literally couldn't pay me enough to work with people that treated subordinates so poorly. The only thing that mattered was the bottom line, and management would rather work against each other than with in order to preserve their own reputations.
Great Company
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 24, 2017
The hours of work were long, but the team made it an easy atmosphere to work in. Being able to learn the importance of staying on top of an inventory for a warehouse is very, very attention-to-detail type of work, and in order to do the work correctly, you need to stay on task and always focused.
Pros
Pay Scale
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at C&S Wholesale Grocers. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval