C&S Wholesale Employee Reviews in United States

wow
Selector (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 13, 2016
this was a great job it was fantastic. the pay was great especially with the incentive that felt like you were getting paid 20 bucks an hour
Okay pay for th pay
Loader (Former Employee) –  Hammond, LAMay 20, 2016
Not for family men, better for men with no kids. Hardest part is sleeping through most of the day due to longer nights than expected.
Pros
Okay pay 12.25-15.55 for selctors, and loaders
Cons
Supervisors, managers, and hours are not guranteed
Great place to work ,but employee recognition was poor
Utility person (Former Employee) –  Baldwin, FLMay 11, 2016
I was glad about working for the company ,but they were not to open to changes when it came to personal issues with its employees and their family.
Good
Selector (Former Employee) –  West Springfield, MAMay 11, 2016
Nice place just very very cold you have to love the cold to love the job. Other than that great place to visit.Very nice people to work with and all
Human Resources Representative
Human Resources Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 13, 2016
C&S Offers a lot of room for advancement being the largest wholesale grocer within the United States. I very much enjoy meeting the new hires and completing Orientation every week.
Job Advancement
Buyer (Current Employee) –  North Hatfield, MADecember 16, 2015
Management works with you to develop your career. Start day off analyzing reports and service level. I use the reports to recognize and resolve major issues. I then work to buy and manage over 1300 skus. I have learned how to mange my time very effectively. Being pulled in a lot of different directions you need to keep focused and prioritize you work. The hardest part of my job is forecasting future ads. The most enjoyable my job is my coworkers. I work with a great group of people.
Pros
Good Compensation
Benefits
Pro's and Con's
Wholesale, temp to permanent employee (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CANovember 9, 2015
C&S has good middle management, the pay scale is far to low for the duties that are provided.
Great people to work with and a fun environment.
Hardly any employee perks.
Pros
great middle management
Cons
low wage, uncertain status
Stressful work life and little appreciation from upper management.
LEAD FLOOR MANAGER (Current Employee) –  MarylandNovember 8, 2015
This company has an ever changing operational directive. Every day the decisions that are made leave you wondering if you work for madmen.
Productive and fun place to work
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Westfield, MASeptember 10, 2015
I liked working for the company because I had freedom to work in my way to get the job successfully done.The only thing was you have to get use to being in the cold.Which is no a long time to wait.
Pros
Good break times when needed as work was in freezer
MY Work Ethics
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Chester, NYJune 28, 2015
I exceed to the best of my ability with my job functions. I strive to be professional, reliable and a team player. My days at are work consist of perfection, time management and team work. I am always willing to help my fellow co-works, and enjoy all that I do.
Pros
Daily challanges
Cons
Productive place with cross training opportunities
Forklift Operator/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 2, 2015
Managed to learn how to drive a forklift and a pallet jack. Used inventory control computers to let down products in the system and on a forklift. Learned to look up products, find their reserve slots and stocked slots to be ready for picked for the selectors. Loaded trucks for almost 6 months. Became a selector and picked slots and became top 3 out of our position.
Fork lift operator
Pallet operator (Former Employee) –  Brattleboro, VTFebruary 18, 2015
Go into work at 5 PM. the floor would be covered with pallets. How to move fast and have a quick eye for good material and bad. Management was good. Co-workers were good people. Picking up broken wood. Riding the Fork lift. got out at 7 AM
Pros
3 days 40 hours
Cons
the work shift
Family Oriented workplace and good benefits
Dispatcher/ Transportation Clerk (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 3, 2014
I came in as a temp and the company hired me for a fulltime position. Great Company to work for in either departments. I was a Dispatcher and i work night shift. My job duties was fairly easy. My co-workers and managers were a job to be around.
Not the Best
Selector (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 11, 2014
The atmosphere is horrible. The days are longs, never know what time you will get off. I have learned how to use certain equipment and systems. The co-workers in my section are not motivating.
Pros
pay
It was okay
Selector/Loader (Former Employee) –  Baldwin, FLOctober 9, 2014
it was okay, ive worked at better places. it was fun sometimes
Great Job
Certified Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Mauldin, SCSeptember 8, 2014
Unload trucks forklift or pallet jack cold and warm temp. good pay team effort
Pros
laid back work at your own pace
Cons
early (6am) strict attendance
Unique position with unique company
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILAugust 25, 2014
Large company that makes employees at corporate offices feel like family. Offers many opportunities outside of corporate office that working atmosphere will depend upon the retailers receiving the wholesale services
Great save enviorment.
Helper / Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAAugust 20, 2014
Everyday was often the same routine.
It was my first job, I got the feel of working in a warehouse. Management was perfectly fine, if there was an issue they would take care of it as soon as possible honestly the hardest part is the weather, mainly during the summer. The best part was my coworkers, everyone was nice and there was a lot of teamwork.
Pay is horrible, No room to advance, Favortism
Selector (Current Employee) –  MauldinJuly 21, 2014
I would not recommend this job to anybody. this is slave work with poor compensation, if you apply you will get fired. just a simple fact. out of the years i have worked here only a few remain more than 6 months after they start. Don't think about taking a vacation either because they will not give you off and every holiday is a blackout week, which means that if you miss a day or ask to take off, even if its ahead of time and you have personal day/sick days you will get points and its double on a black out week and you only get 5.
Cons
poor compensation, poor staff, every holiday is a black out week.
a nice company to work for
Selector (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 22, 2014
nice co worker great management .hardest part was working in the cold box at the end of the night learn to work in a fast pace to preform a job task use a walker rider in a sit down forklift
Pros
discount at all winn dixie store
Cons
didn't have none

Ask a question about working or interviewing at C&S Wholesale. Our community is ready to answer.