C&S Wholesale

C&S Wholesale Employer Reviews

Family Oriented workplace and good benefits
Dispatcher/ Transportation Clerk (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLDecember 3, 2014
I came in as a temp and the company hired me for a fulltime position. Great Company to work for in either departments. I was a Dispatcher and i work night shift. My job duties was fairly easy. My co-workers and managers were a job to be around.
Not the Best
Selector (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLOctober 11, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: long hours
The atmosphere is horrible. The days are longs, never know what time you will get off. I have learned how to use certain equipment and systems. The co-workers in my section are not motivating.
It was okay
Selector/Loader (Former Employee), Baldwin, FLOctober 9, 2014
it was okay, ive worked at better places. it was fun sometimes
Great Job
Certified Forklift Driver (Former Employee), Mauldin, SCSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: laid back work at your own pace
Cons: early (6am) strict attendance
Unload trucks forklift or pallet jack cold and warm temp. good pay team effort
Unique position with unique company
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee), Hoffman Estates, ILAugust 25, 2014
Large company that makes employees at corporate offices feel like family. Offers many opportunities outside of corporate office that working atmosphere will depend upon the retailers receiving the wholesale services
Great save enviorment.
Helper / Assistant (Former Employee), Stockton, CAAugust 20, 2014
Everyday was often the same routine.
It was my first job, I got the feel of working in a warehouse. Management was perfectly fine, if there was an issue they would take care of it as soon as possible honestly the hardest part is the weather, mainly during the summer. The best part was my coworkers, everyone was nice and there was a lot of teamwork.
Pay is horrible, No room to advance, Favortism
Selector (Current Employee), MauldinJuly 21, 2014
Cons: poor compensation, poor staff, every holiday is a black out week.
I would not recommend this job to anybody. this is slave work with poor compensation, if you apply you will get fired. just a simple fact. out of the years i have worked here only a few remain more than 6 months after they start. Don't think about taking a vacation either because they will not give you off and every holiday is a blackout week, which means that if you miss a day or ask to take off, even if its ahead of time and you have personal day/sick days you will get points and its double on a black out week and you only get 5.
a nice company to work for
Selector (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMay 22, 2014
Pros: discount at all winn dixie store
Cons: didn't have none
nice co worker great management .hardest part was working in the cold box at the end of the night learn to work in a fast pace to preform a job task use a walker rider in a sit down forklift
Fast paced work environment
Utility (Former Employee), Chester, NYApril 18, 2014
Pros: i worked in the bannana room, temp. was 57 degrees
Cons: this is a perishables warehouse, temp. was 32-34 degrees
The work load would change every night, I felt management could have acted more to help balance this out.
temp job
Order filler (Former Employee), marylandMarch 18, 2014
temp job. for people looking for part time work or people just getting out of school. work with different people everyday. okay pay
Great Place to Work
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee), Montgomery, ALMarch 13, 2014
Pros: growth
Cons: retail
great people
worked on a lot of team projects
typical day at work - fast pace
Management down to earth
My coworkers are world class
A lot of processes
I love working for people
Selector (Current Employee), Windsor Locks, CTJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: short breaks, very long hours
Company doesn't care about employees. Turnover rate is over 100%, you are worked like a slave 10+ hrs avg per shift with only a 1/2 hr break. 15 minutes breaks are discouraged because it will affect performance.
Learned to deal with people without conflict
Warehouse sub-supervisor/ Shipcrew (Former Employee), Tracy, CADecember 10, 2013
This job helped me when I needed it and helped me make my work ethic something to be proud of and to pass on to my family. Each day was different and enabled growth in learning how to get the job done with efficiency and abilities I did not at the time know that I possessed.
hard work
Selector (Former Employee), Hatfield, MANovember 16, 2013
Pros: nrake can be taken anytime
Cons: they expect a little to much from the staff
the hardest part is getting to the slots above me. it usually slows my paste due to the fact im a bit short to get to the above slot
the worst place too work,i wouldn't tell anyone about it
Selector (Former Employee), MASeptember 9, 2013
SUCKS.....DONT GO THERE SLAVE DRIVERS THAT DONT CARE ABOUT THIER EMPLOYEES
Over Worked and Underpaid
Incentive Selector (Current Employee), Newburgh, NYJuly 14, 2013
Pros: only pro for me is that i only lived 10 minutes away.
Cons: they are too strict with their attendance policy, you have no say on your work schedule, you either take what they give you or hit the road.
Your a human robot. Repetitive actions for 10 hours straight. Picking things up and putting them down is basically the job description.

They expect for you to finish your assignments in a nearly impossible amount of time. Though i personally was able to finish my assignments in time, it is very mentally stressful.

They work you into the ground and make sure that you don't get the 10 hours per work day that was guaranteed. So Most weeks you only end up having between 30-33 hours if your lucky.

The jacks are all old and in one way or another unsafe.

Management acts as if they care but all they are worried about is hitting the nights quota.

Some of the co workers are kind of cool dudes, then again some are kind of jerks, but at the end of the day most people are worried about themselves.

The hardest part of the job is being able to keep your sanity.
great work place
order picker (Former Employee), Greenville, SCJune 4, 2013
fast past enviroment, great managment ,good pay and benefits taught me leadership
great flexible hours
Order Selector (Former Employee), Aberdeen, MDMay 14, 2013
Pros: free lunches evry other week, free gift drawings twicw a week.
Cons: short breaks
the hours were great for the lifestyle i lived at that time. had meetings three times a week to let employees know where we stood at the start of the quarter till the very end. met alot of good wholesome people that i still keep in contact with from time to time. the hardest part of the job was not doing the job.
Fast paced environment great co-workers
loader/porter (Current Employee), north hatfield maJanuary 28, 2013
Pros: 401k
Cons: low pay
C&S is a fast paced environment. I have learned more about being part of a team and working towards leadership. I have become certified on all equiptment, ie...forklifts, scrubbing machine, pallet jack motorized and hand.
Fast paced environment great co-workers