C&W Services Employee Reviews

Run away yal, run fast
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYFebruary 15, 2018
This company sucks. Manger was the worst manger I've ever had in my entire life. The people you cleaned after do not care how dirty they are that I honestly thought they were doing it on purpose. I Highly do NOT recommand working here.
Pros
Work on your own pace
Cons
Everything else
Too Much Stress
Area Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasFebruary 5, 2018
Worked 12 1/2 hour shifts but stayed 14 or 15 hours as a manager. 4 on and 3 off. Worked as 3rd party for big online retailer and it's very difficult to get respect as 3rd party. Hardest part of the job was having to react to everything as an emergency, high stress. Enjoyed the three days off and sometimes four every other week.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
3rd Party work is difficult
February 8, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at our firm. We value and consider all feedback, and we’d like to try to address some of your complaints. You can email me confidentially at culture@cwservices.com. I look forward to hearing from you.

Our management is good
Material Handler Technician 3 (Lead) (Current Employee) –  Eastvale, CAFebruary 1, 2018
I like my job. Good pay, good culture.Management is helpful. They do expect you to do your job safely and be proactive. I see negative reviews for other sites and i know first hand that bad management can kill a good team. That is not the case where i work. Will be here a while. Most guys that work with me agree.
Pros
Good pay. Management is helpful.
Cons
Have to wear safety glasses at all times
Unnecessary Stress
MHE 1 (Former Employee) –  Etna, OHJanuary 27, 2018
Seemed when i was working there the was little to no in house training and there was a lot of favoritism.They treated you like you were stupid .
Always understaffed and they expected you to learn thing by watching other workers but did not want you to leave your area.
When a brake down would happen you would have a Amazon employee and supervisor squawking on radio rushing you and if you did anything at all wrong you were let go.
Amazon AMs are worried about nothing but their package count going out the door and where difficult to deal with.
Also they were using a cmms that was not set up fully and was definitely not set up for that facility also was not user friendly They expected you to show all your hours as if you did preventive work the whole time you were there when some days you just watch equipment run and where doing nothing but watch for jams on conveyor lines .
There is lack of communication with employees and no HR at the facility.
Would not recommend working there, to mentally stressful place to work if you don't get in the click . Everyone is just to busy trying to prove they are smarter than the other.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Bad management and no Hr
January 29, 2018

We want to sincerely apologize for your negative experience. We value and consider all feedback, and we’d like to learn more about your situation. You can email me confidentially at culture@cwservices.com, and I will get back to you promptly. I look forward to hearing from you, and I hope we can make things better. Thank you for reaching out!

Talent Acquisition Lead

Was good in the beginning
Building Engineer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 26, 2018
Started off good but quickly went South,management does not care about workers . And they don't know what was done on a daily basis at stationary locations .seems like there is a lot of extremely poor communication and if something does happen you do not have a voice to stand up for yourself it is all of what management wants steer clear .not worth the stress and headaches they cause
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Poor management . Harassment and bullied employees
February 8, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We value and consider all of our employees’ experiences, and we’d like to find a way to address these issues. You can email me confidentially at culture@cwservices.com. I look forward to learning more about your situation.

February 8, 2018

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We’re sorry you had a negative experience, and we want to find a way to make things right. You can email me confidentially at culture@cwservices.com. Thank you for taking the time to write. Hopefully we can find a way to address this problem together.

Company lacks advancement opportunity
Buildings Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHJanuary 26, 2018
I have worked for C&W Services for close to 4 years. I received excellent performance based raises for the first two years, then hit a pay cap for my job title. Now there is no opportunity for professional growth.
Pros
Medical, Dental, 401K options
Cons
Expensive insurance plans, almost no 401K match

Good Environment & freindly & helpful work colleagues
Industrial Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 24, 2018
Good Company to work for -- Left this company as NorthStar Battery recruited me requesting I change my employment. C&W Services offered me a pay increase to stay with them instead of moving to NorthStar Battery.
Pros
Good training opportunities
Cons
Some equipment is outdated & environment exposure.
February 8, 2018

We appreciate your feedback.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with C&W Services.

Talent Acquisition Lead

Great wages, excellent mentors, upward mobility
Administrative Support (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJanuary 23, 2018
I’ve worked in Operations for years, since the Unicco days. I believe in the ideas and direction of the company. We’ve purchased new and merged companies a bit in my time and it’s been exciting to be a part of. A company that is not growing is not growing! We are. The local Ops managers I’ve had the opportunity to work with are dedicated to employees and customers. Leadership is truly committed and cares. Wages are competitive, employee training/development opportunities are many and I’ve enjoyed promotions and recognition... I truly feel valued.
Pros
Opportunity abounds, committed leadership
Cons
Communication can be tough sometimes
January 29, 2018

We’re so glad that you took the time to write this review. We strive to make this company a great place to work, and we always appreciate hearing about employees’ experiences. If any of your friends and family are looking for a new opportunity, we ask that you point them toward our careers page at https://cwservices.com. We hope that you’ll continue to have a positive experience here. Thank you again for writing.

great place tp work
Robotics Technician III (Current Employee) –  Eastvale, CAJanuary 23, 2018
lot of growth opportunity. fast pace environment, good work atmosphere. most managers I worked under where extremely helpful . I would definitely recommend this company.

Relaxed
Daytime Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Waitsfield, VTJanuary 19, 2018
Great company! Excellent boss. Flexible hours! Raises an paid time off. Benefits. They do not discriminate for any reason. They do not disrespect their staff!
Pros
Flexible

Linda

Cut throat, typical corporate dog eat dog company
Mobile Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 16, 2018
absolute horrible management in Dallas/Fort Worth area for the particular Toyota account I worked on. When employment began facility manager was located and lived out of state, and day to day management of the multiple facilities fell to me although I was hired as Facility Maintenance. Within 6 months hiring manager left company beginning a 6 month period of complete managerial absence.
New facility manager hired lived within local area, however was immediately apparent he had no previous experience in the position. Relied heavily on me for several months until no longer needed. Eventually forced out due to new manager attempting to run facilities on lowest budget possible in effort to impress upper management with new budget plan.
Constant bullying on daily basis by manager. Deliberately failed to communicate reported maintenance issues to me, instead hiring outside vendors. Repeated violations of company policies and procedures, complete lack of respect for fellow employees by manager.
Complaints to H.R. and upper management ignored and never followed up on.
Collaborated with other management to blatantly lie and pass the buck so to speak for mistakes, and continued to do so until my employment ended.
I will NEVER recommend anyone ever work for this employer!
Pros
Pay, Hours, Benefits
Cons
Management, Lack of Communication

Good job, poor leadership
Controls systems Lead (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXJanuary 12, 2018
Worst group of managers I've ever worked for. I'm not sure what barrel they're scraping finding these guys. Sat2 has been through 3 maintenance managers in 6 months, not a single one of them was qualified to manage a McDonald's. Upper management is just as bad. The turnover was incredible, they couldn't keep anyone. No training for the hourly guys, anyone with any experiemce was expected to train dangerously unqualified people. Safety was the "number one concern" until management needed you to "hurry up". Managers dont have to follow rules, safety or otherwise. They talk about employees behind their backs, discuss pay with other employees. Stay away from c&w, you're better off with a temp job.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Management, senior management, Hr

Rewarding and sense of Ownwrship
Operation Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TNJanuary 10, 2018
Always demanding and a sense of satisfaction when job is done. As the Operations Manager for 5 sites and in 3 states it always kept me busy and there was always things to resolve.
Pros
Freedom to manage how I wanted
January 29, 2018

Thank you so much for sharing your experience here. We strive to make our company a great place to work, and we’re glad that you had such a positive experience. If any of your friends and family are looking for a new opportunity, we hope that you’ll tell them to check out our careers page at https://cwservices.com. Thank you so much for taking the time to write, and we wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

unfair applicate
office associate (Former Employee) –  North Austin, TXJanuary 8, 2018
not happy with how they pick candidates for the positions because I hand the experience but they looked at over qualified , not right when someone is looking for a job you don't know the reason so guess they can use leverage with salary not right , you will miss out on good dedicated work force .
Pros
hours would have been
Cons
they looked at there hiring practices work
January 29, 2018

I look forward to hearing from you.

Talent Acquisition Lead

C&W does not know how to hire managment!
Maintenance Mechanic 3 (Current Employee) –  Etna, OHJanuary 6, 2018
Salaried positions are fine but, if you are an hourly employee, think twice about working for C&W. The logic being, hourly employees are easy to replace. This is not a good company to work for. They offer insurance but, you pay for everything. pretty much a joke. Remember, this is not an American company. I do not know what kind of interview is done for management but, it is a joke. Every Maintenance Manager we have had, has been completely UNPROFESSIONAL!
C&W needs to do a better job at hiring management. This company does not have a good track record. Out of the 100 employees hired on opening, only nine are still working here after a year and a half. "says a lot." Believe me, if you are looking for work, you can do way better than C&W. The people I work with everyday are hardworking everyday cool guys. but, the management is just a joke. For some reason, C&W cannot hire a maintenance manager worth a dime. When I read the other reviews posted, I see this is a common problem with this company. The pay is not that great. Everyone still working here is looking for other employment. All the new guys say this place sucks. What more can I say!
Pros
Cons
long hours. POOR MANAGEMENT.

Talent Acquisition Lead

All the downsides of a small company with all the downsides of a large one.
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Fort Dodge, IAJanuary 3, 2018
All the downsides of a small company with all the downsides of a large one. No oversight for local managers. Its all about cutting costs without regard for the well being of the low level employees. Managers are so important that the rules don't apply to them.
Benefits
Cons
Top down structure with a military like chain of command.
January 4, 2018

We’re sorry that you encountered these issues, and we’re dedicated to trying to solve them in the future. You can email me confidentially at culture@cwservices.com. I look forward to working with you to learn more about your situation.

January 4, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We truly appreciate hearing from our employees, and we’re glad that you enjoyed working here. If you have any friends or family who are looking for their next opportunity, we hope that you’ll point them toward our careers page at https://cwservices.com. Thank you again for taking the time to write such a positive review.

poor management
Custodial Worker (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCDecember 28, 2017
Poor management they showed favoritism like ones work was better then the next.. It's all who you know .. In oder for you to move up in the company.. Team leader wanting to fight the workers... Just crazy I'll never work for them again... Promise a raise after 90 days but never got was told wasn't gone ever get one in the near future
Pros
paid time off
Cons
poor leadership

Fun but back breaking
Scaffold Builder (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IADecember 5, 2017
Fun place to work as long as you dont mind heights. They pay well and offer great benefits. Great people to work around and get along with. Only bad part is having your boss breathing down your neck to get work done.

Talent Acquisition Lead

working together as a team was great with all contractors
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 4, 2017
the last manger wanted to be the big man on campus talking behind your back to other employees such childish acts,and it had nothing to do with the work I had done .Upper management was great.The company was nice to work for and did a much better job to help .Safety was there big concern they made sure you had everything you needed to do your job safely . You would receive your work orders putting them in the order of importance.The main goal was to really make the customer wowed.to bad they lost the contract ,because they surely out shined the company that is there now .
Pros
weekly pay fair wage 401k

Management is ok. Lazy workers
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  NYDecember 2, 2017
Not to shabby of a place to work at. No paid holidays or PTO time even if your full time which doesnt make the employees feel appreciated. No job stability. Low pay for what your worth and what they're worth.
Pros
Cons
No paid holidays or PTO.
January 4, 2018

Our company does offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package for salaried employees. In addition to medical, dental, and vision insurance, it also includes employer-paid Group Life/AD&D; short- and long-term disability; a 401K plan with employer matching; and employee access to pre-tax contributions for health benefits, savings accounts, and commuter benefits. If you have any further questions, please email me at culture@cwservices.com. I will get back you shortly.

Talent Acquisition Lead

Ask a question about working or interviewing at C&W Services. Our community is ready to answer.