C & K INDUSTRIAL SERVICES Employee Reviews in United States

Not family friendly- No time to spend with my wife and children
CDL / Operator (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, OHDecember 11, 2013
A typical day starts out with me being at work at least one half hour early. There were no regular starting times. I would have to be there at 2:00am,4:00am,6:00am,7:00am,or 12:00am. I would have to stay out of town 1-2 weeks at a time and when I did come back to Cincinnati I would still be scheduled to work weekends, which did not leave me much time to spend with my family or to prepare for my upcoming week. I learned how to supervise a large crew. I did not feel that the management was very good, it was actually quite bad. I had good co-workers. The hardest part of the job was the heavy lifting and the number of flights of stairs we had to carry our hoses and equipment. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting a day off.
Pros
free uniform cleaning
Cons
working long hours too many days in a row
good job pay well and room toadvance
Laborer / Non CDL Operator (Former Employee) –  Masontown, PAJuly 6, 2013
well paying job, good work environment very hands on great place to work
Pros
well paid. coworkers, independence
Productive and enjoyable environment
Supervisor/Operator (Current Employee) –  Marietta, OHSeptember 1, 2012
This job requires a lot of physical stamina and energy which tends to "thin out" the employees that don't like a fast-paced work environment. I enjoy it and tend to excel in this area.
Pros
extensive training and certifications in different areas
Cons
a lot of turn over with the crews.
its a decent place..
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 19, 2012
a typical day at work usually has to do with meeting at the shop ,loading our supplies,and leaving for our location to go clean up industrial waste and spills, i learned that this job is dangerous, being around machines and vac trucks. and also high power water blasters. safety is always our key practice.we all want to go home safe..my co workers are awesome,they are very willing to help and teach you how to use the equipment they way its needed to be used.safely.hardest part of this job is setting up and breaking down of all the equipment.as with any job, the most enjoyable part about is going home when the work day is done.
Pros
my co workers
Cons
the scheduling isnt done on a weekly basis. its put up daily.

C & K INDUSTRIAL SERVICES Reviews by Job Title