C-SPAN

C-SPAN Employer Reviews

Intern...Great Place to work for newsroom experience
Community Relations Representative (Internship) (Former Employee), Washington, DCJuly 2, 2014
Intern...
Conducted historical and political research about the various destinations included in the C-Span School Bus Project
 Integrated streamed videos into the backend of the website for the C-Span in the Classroom Project
 Trained personnel in how to use video cameras and other production equipment
Starting My Career Here
Production Assistant (Former Employee), Washington DCJune 18, 2014
This was my introduction to the interesting world of mass media. I was a intern before I became a production assistant for C-SPAN
C-SPAN is a great place for intelligent, non-partisan coverage of politics and public policy
Washington Journal Host/Congressional Editor (Current Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 2, 2014
If you're looking for no-nonsense coverage of government and public policy, C-SPAN is one of the best stops on the television dial. The day begins on C-SPAN with "The Washington Journal," a three-hour interview program featuring politicians, journalists and public policy experts talking about the most important issues of the day. Most days continue – more... with coverage of Congress, the Federal Government and analysis from various Washington-based think tanks on all three C-SPAN networks. – less
Very easy work atmosphere
Video Journalist/Producer (Current Employee), Washington, DCNovember 17, 2013
Pros: free coffee, tea
Cons: not any cons
This is a very good place to work. The typical day is the same as any television station, nose to the grind. It is a fun place, and are able to travel. My co-workers are always happy. Unlike any other tv station, there is no yelling or cursing. Everyone does their job in a very professional way.
A nice place to work
Web Developer (Current Employee), Washington, DCOctober 8, 2013
Pros: easy place to work
Cons: too far from where i live
Nice bosses and co-workers
Nice environment
if you like politics, you will like to work here.
Non-Profit Company
Remote Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee), Washington, DCJuly 29, 2013
Pros: small, family
Cons: non-profit
Small family like atmosphere Many opportunities to try new things.
C-SPAN
SENIOR MARKETING REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), Washington, DCJuly 11, 2013
C-SPAN is a great place to work if you have a passion for public affairs and seek to work in the heart of Washington, DC. Whether you are working on the production side of things or in a more administrative function, the company provides its employees with great job diversity and opportunities.
Great people and compensation
Programming Operations Studio Technician (Former Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 10, 2013
I interned and worked here. Great place to work, not much ability to move up being that everyone stays around for so long, however, I would go back if I could.
Productive work environment that had a light engaging atmosphere.
Associate Producer - Campaign 2012 (Temporary) (Former Employee), Washington, DCNovember 16, 2012
I enjoyed working at C-SPAN as it was a place where had fun with their work, yet still got the job done in an efficient and professional manner. The best part about working there was management was hands off. We had our assignments and there was no micromanaging, and everything was always accomplished on time.
A wonderful non-profit, educational network.
Recruiter (Former Employee), Washington, DCAugust 17, 2012
C-SPAN is an exciting place to work for those interested in the political arena and television.
Productive and fast paced environment
Radio Intern (Former Employee), Washington, DCFebruary 22, 2012
C-SPAN was a great place to intern. Everyone was very friendly and eager to get to know me. They were more than willing to help when I needed assistance and took me in as one of their own.
C-SPAN is a professional, fun, and challenging place to work.
Office Manager (Former Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 17, 2012
Pros: the work environment is excellent
Cons: i have no cons to express.
The employees I managed were great to work with. Human Resources is great to work with. The management staff are friendly and very professional. It is an excellent place to work.