C-TRAN Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
I enjoy the work I do at C-Tran and would like to continue for several years to come.
Para Transit Operator (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJuly 20, 2017
I am a Para Transit Operator. Very enjoyable work. I like the client contact, helping others get to where they want to go in a safe, friendly environment. I love the other drivers who have made me feel welcome and have taught me so many things to make the job easier. It is a job that fits into my life. My family are starting off on their own and don't need me at home so much so the fluctuation in hours works works.
I like working 8-11 hour days.
I have enjoyed getting to know the staff at C-Tran and what the philosophy of C-Tran is. Safety, service - taking good care of the public we serve and keeping in mind we are drivers and we do our best to meet the needs of our passengers.
C-Tran works to constantly modernizing to try to keep up with the needs of the community. It works with several agencies to help make our service accessible for the whole community. Para Transit Operators as partime workers only know our hours the evening before we work so plannning activities can be challenging for some people. It makes it challenging for drivers with children still at home.
Once again driving for C-Tran has been a great job!
Lots of hours driving a city bus
Coach Operator (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJuly 13, 2017
Great pay and great benefits. Long hours without breaks sometimes. You need to be able to deal with people with difficult people. Great employee's. You usually work all holidays and are forced to work on your days off.
Pros
Pay, hours, benefits
Cons
Long hours, no breaks sometimes, forced to work on days off
Stressful environment
Paratransit Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJune 29, 2017
As an operator you are pushed to your physical limits. It is impossible to take proper breaks, and take care of yourself on the job. No work life balance either, as you do not know your shift until 7 the night before. The job is full time with splits, for about 5 years, though they will tell you 6 months. Ya, benefits are great! But, you need them right away because you are fatigued and frayed.
Benefits
Cons
No breaks. No work life balance. They own you.
An office with a view
Coach Operator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAFebruary 10, 2017
This is a high stress fast pace job with tight schedules. This job is at times very gratifying. Customer service is a big part of the job, which I loved.The people that we serve with disabilities, of all scales, could be challenging, yet again, gratifying. It takes 5-7 years to have a stable schedule, that's many years of complete flexibility. Until then you have to check your schedule every night for several years. It is not easy to schedule personal appointments.
Pros
Good pay- Good benefits
Cons
For several years, don't know when you're working until the night before
Great Benefits limited room for advancement
Coach Operator - Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAMarch 29, 2016
Typical Day:
Start shift at 5:42am and end at 8:33am, then return to work at 3pm and end at 7:20pm. Depending if senior drivers call in sick or not your hours vary as a part time driver. This only one day, your shift changes daily. As you work longer and gain seniority in about 2 to 3 years you can choose a stable shift. Otherwise you are working unknown hours/days everyday.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Split shifts
Quiet and pressure free work enviroment
Island Manager (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAApril 18, 2014
Everyday was very calm and stress free. My crew and I arrived approximately 15-20 minutes prior to the start of the shift. I went over the agenda and the guys performed their duties. I maintained and ordered the inventory, positioned my employees and assisted with the duties. I learned to read the natural fuel gauges and drive buses that were utilized for public transportation. My only co-workers were my immediate supervisor and my subordinates; and, were had a great working relationship.The hardest part of this job was beginning my shift at 7:00 pm. My day job ended at 5:00 pm and I only had an hour and a half to rest. The most enjoyable part of the job was the relaxed environment and working with a group of great people.
Pros
Great people, calm environment
Cons
late hours and it was a second job