C Spire Wireless Employee Reviews in United States

One of the worst Companies I've worked for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  MississippiMay 23, 2016
Management was horrible and they did not care about the employees at least that was the case for Customer Service Department. The company also based your performance off customers surveys and that is the straw that broke the camels back for me, my supervisor should be the one who determines how well I do my job not some disgruntled customer who did not get what they wanted.
Benefits
Awesome place to work
Market Manager (Former Employee) –  Yazoo City, MSMay 22, 2016
Awesome place to work. Get to assist customers with all cell phone issues and loved it. Pay was Great and so were the owners and CEO.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
NONE
Very Nice Coworkers and Laid Back Environment
Account Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Flowood, MSFebruary 15, 2016
I really enjoyed working for my local CSpire branch. My coworkers were extremely welcoming and were always willing to help if I had any questions regarding our day-to-day operations.
Pros
Free lunches, employee discounts
Cons
Long hours, lots of time on your feet
High tempo, team oriented sales, moderate stress, non traditional hours
Acount Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSJanuary 1, 2016
On a typical day I come to work and I wait for customers to come in. While waiting on customers I brush up on my product knowledge and services. When dealing with customers my main goal was always listen to them so that I could help them solve their problems in the most efficient way possible. I did that very well, I also worked off of commission, but while it was my job to sell the customer products and services, I never sold them anything that they did not already need or want.
I learned that people often buy things that they don't need, but they have a desire to buy things, and sometimes knowing that there is a desire present is all that's needed to make a quality sell. I also learned that I have to sell my own self through my personality
great place to work
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Meadville, MSDecember 25, 2015
a typical day was really easy-going. I learned lots of customer service skills that I am excited to bring to a fresh, new environment.The hardest part was my most enjoyable part which was to resolve the customer issues.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
no allowances for sick time (doctor's excuses were not accepted)
It was a great place to work,very nice retail store very well kept up
Market Manager (Former Employee) –  Lucedale, MSOctober 30, 2015
C Spire wireless is a very good place to work, it has great staff and also great leaders and managers. The benefits you received while working with this company is the best that I have ever seen in any job. I have never known any other company to have these kind of benefits. It was a very rewarding job and place to work.
Pros
wonderful benefits
Cons
alot of working on Saturdays
Company as a total
Operations (Former Employee) –  JacksonOctober 24, 2015
If you are looking to come tout this company this is what is in store for you. You will give up your nights and weekends.
HR thinks they run the company and will either write you up or fire you when they feel like it.
The pay is well below any company in telecommunications. They try to compete with the bigger companies but don't have the resources. Upper management will promise golfing buddies and church buddies services and operations is pressured to make good on the promised made by that executive.
Operations is pushed to work in a lot of cases 20-30 hours straight without sleep. There is no upward mobility. You will be dropped in situations where you have to bring up services with no training or directions from 1ST level management because in some cases they don't know what is being asked.
Upper management believer in leading by intimidation or bullying. Operations is on call 24-7 but is paid for 2 days on call. HR deemed this fair. HR also has the power to select who can go on call.
Management and HR has often said if you don't it here seek employment elsewhere. Hu Mena has also said that same thing as he had a meltdown aggressively addressing NOCC personnel.
HR has established a clock in and out process that only allows one scan in and one scan out, anything more than that will flag HR and they will contact you for an explanation.
These have been actual events and not exaggerated.
Cspire has launched fiber to the home and Small Business Internet and have been pushing operations to get this off the ground in order not to look like a kicked ant hill.
So if
  more... you want to give up your freedom, be extremely stressed, underpaid, and not advance in your career or life then this is company is for you.
This company is ran by pompous idiots. The Creekmores brothers are great guys but leaving the company in the hands of the current execs? Not a good idea

Good luck.
Pros
Not any
Cons
Oppressed atmosphere, nepotism, no advancement, HR is out of control, VERY STRESSFUL, upper management i.e. VP's are too involved and get in the way. NOT A GOOD PLACE TO WORK.
Difficult company to work for.
Account Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSOctober 12, 2015
Very busy enviroment, work 5 days a week sometimes over 9 hours.
Fair managment, great co-workers. Company is good to their customers but, when it comes to thier employees they arent so good. Long hours, difficult customers (sometimes), great benifits,
Pros
Off Sundays and Major holidays.
Cons
Long hours, not always get your full break time.
C spire is a great work place.
Voice and Data Technician (Current Employee) –  Ridgeland, MSSeptember 14, 2015
This company is a great place to work. The work place environment, and atmosphere is wonderful. Great managers that everyday life away from the company, I cannot find anything other than great things about the company.
Stressful, high expectations, very little positive reinforcement
Market Manager (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSJuly 26, 2015
Upper management becoming bloated with people who have no clue how to treat sales team that is responsible for the majority of company income. Unrealistic expectations based on doing more for customers than our competition, unfortunately despite doing more we are expected to do it faster than them, with minimal wait time etc.

A culture of integrity created the company and made it great and it has been replaced with one of do what it takes to sell until you get caught being so blatantly dishonest we have to get rid of you, until they you are an all star and others doing things with integrity are not team players/leaders.
benefits
Cons
long hours, unappreciated, not enough retail help but bloated corporate staff
cspire
Customer Service Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  msJune 5, 2015
Managed all customer questions, payments, complaints, and billing inquiries
with the highest degree of courtesy and professionalism to resolve customer issues with a one call resolution
Pros
friendly
Cons
to far
Off on most Holidays and every Sunday
Account Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSApril 21, 2015
This company has changed from when I first started. Not paying commission like competitors in Memphis TN Market. Company does not have LTE Network in which hurts sales rep bottom line (commission) ...
Pros
Off most holidays good health benefits
Cons
low wages
Cool
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSApril 3, 2015
The sale of products and answering customers questions and concerns. the hardest part of the job is trying to sale a unwannted product
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Fun workplace
TELESALES REP (Current Employee) –  Ridgeland, MSApril 2, 2015
I have learned how to the people that I communicate with and know how to meet everyone's need. I love my co workers. The most enjoyable part is how laid back the enviornment is
Pros
HEALTHCARE
C Spire Review
Software Developer I (Current Employee) –  Ridgeland, MSMarch 30, 2015
C Spire is a great company with great goals. I have learned a great deal with software/applications development. The hardest part of the job is that there are so many tasks/projects and a very short deadline to meet them. The most enjoyable part is figuring out what it takes to meet those deadlines and developing the code.
Interesting Job
Account Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Greenville, MSMarch 11, 2015
This job is commission based and a great place to begin a career.The workplace is relaxed, but competitive. Each rep has a goal every month he/her has to achieve. I enjoy this job and my co-workers everyday.

The only negatives are starting over every month; goal-wise. Overall great place to work.

Technology jobs have constant changes. Some people do not like it but, if you enjoy technology it won't be a problem for you.
fun and productive place
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, MSFebruary 22, 2015
long and productive work environment, enjoyed working with people. I learned different aspects of the company. Loved working with all of my co-workers. Standing for a long period of time was the hardest part of my job.
Pros
paid vacations
Cons
stand long period of time
Productive and fun workplace.
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 28, 2015
Great company overall. Compensation and benefits are great.
Great Job Opportunity
Account Service Rep II (Current Employee) –  Southaven, MSJanuary 26, 2015
Cspire was a wonderful job opportunity for me and allow me to grow in my sales and marketing industry. I highly recommend them to anyone. I am looking for non retail job though because the hours are not what I am looking for.
Don't believe Customer Inspired
NOCC Tech (Former Employee) –  Ridgeland, MSJanuary 7, 2015
This company sells you on the idea that you can move up in the company. That concept is completely false unless you have a degree. You have to inform your supervisor and manager that you have applied for another position within the company and never get a response from the department you applied for. You can have years of experience in a related field but without that degree, you're worthless. They will hire a person off the street rather than promote from other departments.

Management is a joke. You have too many people from different departments that want to be notified of everything that's going on, but won't take responsibility if something fails. They make the money but can't grasp the concept of getting it fixed and moving on. Extremely poor management mentality and skills. HR wants too much control and will terminate you employment for whatever reason they feel that they don't like. This is HR personnel, not your management.

Compensation is also a joke. I understand that this is not a large company, but everyone deserves to be paid a decent salary. I knew I wouldn't get rich here, but I wanted to at least have a couple of dollars left after I paid my bills. The idea of working enough to just live a ordinary life defeats the purpose of working here. Medical benefits are good, but good medical can't compare to being able to entertain your family or yourself between pay periods.

Company has outdated rules. There are a lot of policies and rules that need to be changed to make things more productive and efficient. If you want to step backwards in time and work for a company
  more... that don't appreciate the hard workers, than Cspire is the place to be.  less
Pros
good medical, some co-workers
Cons
pay!! poor management, no advancement, pass the blame mentality