C. Wonder Employee Reviews

meh
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 12, 2016
Help manage the store at its flagship location. The management team was pretty cut throat, which I liked. I felt like things got done in a timely manner, the associate were a blast!
New company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJNovember 15, 2015
This job had probably the best training out of any job I had. They really made sure that everyone enjoyed working for the company. As well as bring that attitude to the store for the customers.
Pros
Lots of discounts
Cons
not enough exposure for the company
Went out of business...
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 13, 2015
Pros: great sales approach, flexible work schedule, nice events for customers.

Cons: new company, VERY disorganized, management seemed very immature and inexperienced for the most part.

The company expanded WAY too fast and as a result hired people and opened brand new stores only to fire them a few months later. No real opportunity to learn and to grow in the store that I worked at particularly because of the favoritism and the fact that no one felt any job security. Things were changing swiftly.
Pros
Great sales approach, flexible work schedule, nice events for customers.
Cons
Young company, VERY disorganized, management was very immature and inexperienced for the most part.
Unique idea
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 11, 2015
This was a great store! We sold everything from shoes to pencils. Unfortunately, the company did not stay open for long.
Friendly workplace with good energy and good sales experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 23, 2014
This job as given me an opportunity to be in an environment where no two work days are the same. I am a people-person, and I love the chance to meet and listen to others. I am new to this city, and welcome any job where I can learn more. The team at C wonder had amazing energy, where we all wanted each other to succeed. The hardest part of the job is being productive during slow hours. I enjoy the busy shifts, when there are people coming in and out of the store seeking help from the associates.
Pros
Great team, productive communication, flexible hours
Cons
Short breaks, slow hours
Up an coming company
Shipping and Receiving/ Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 3, 2012
A typical day at work would be coming in and receiving a daily chat in by management which consist of the days and weeks goals, any promotions, where to be zoned and breaks. While being on cashier my job is to make sure client had a great experience and knows of all sales. As a sales associate my job would be to greet the client and make sure they are helped and all times.
Pros
building company and in a few years will be very successful
Cons
no opportunity to move up within the company, no job security and no recognition on job performance
Retail Experience
Tyson's Corner Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Tysons CornerOctober 6, 2014
C wonder was another job experience In Tyson's Corner. It was another great learning experience, C wonder associates also had a sales goal daily that we needed to make, I made sure working there that I made all my sales goals there, I was also demanded by many cliental. I also had my own cliental booklet there.
Productive work place
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 7, 2013
A typical day at work is dealing with customers, you learn how to become better at customer service everyday. Management helps keeps you on track and the co-workers are great support. The hardest part is learning how to handle every situation but the enjoyable part is making the customers happy and seeing a smile on their face before they leave.
Fun and CHEERUL
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  ManhassetJanuary 27, 2014
The managers are very nice. Training is good although some things could be explained better. Some shifts were short and pointless. A typical day is coming in and helping customers, sometimes even working on a project like moving items around or fixing stock room.
Pros
Discount on the clothes
Cons
Not too much traffic in this location
Bad experience
Ambassador of Wonder (Sales Associate) (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYMay 4, 2015
I had a bad experience with management while I was there.The atmosphere was very fun and creative. The work was very busy during the holidays and I was there seasonally.
Challenging Environment Opportunity for learning
Associate Manager, eCom Operations (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 1, 2014
Your experience here is what you make of it. It can be incredible challenging or incredibly productive.
Pros
Exposure to many facets of business.
Cons
Executive team not touch with day to day activities.
Fun and energetic workplace with a sense of fashion and SoHo style.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 9, 2013
Assisted customers and maintained visual merchandising for a specialty retailer of decorative home furnishings and gifts.
Pros
Discounts on store items for yourself and family.
Cons
Short breaks.
No benefits and limited work hours
Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 2, 2012
Most employees are part time so there isn't a need to provide them with benefits. Most people receive about 5 hours per week to work and are notified last minute if a shift is cancelled.
Cons
no benefits, little to no work hours
What a way to start
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCMay 11, 2015
Bath and Body Works was my first job coming to college. I would typically go into work interact with customers and replenish the store.
Great but Sad It Closed Down
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 6, 2015
It was a great store. I learned how to do so much. I was trained to do stock work, & register.
fun place
Sale Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 3, 2014
come there do your job and go home, it's not a hard job at all...just do what they ask :)
Pros
people, location
Cons
too many ppl giving direction
Company Closed down
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJanuary 24, 2015
Great place to work until it shut down. Great concept, but investor lost interest
Fabulous people and upbeat corporate environment
Public Relations Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 20, 2013
Would highly recommend this company to anyone one the hunt!
Worst place I was ever employed
EXPERIENCED SALES ASSOCIATE. (Former Employee) –  Hingham, MASeptember 2, 2013
This company is the worst example of retail employment. Hiring was done without providing the information that the store would be a "pop up",meaning it would close in six months. First two weeks paychecks were delayed a month with no adequate explanation. Staff left abruptly after realizing they would not have jobs in a few months. Time and a half was not paid on sundays until brought to the attention of corporate that ma. State labor laws state it will be paid..How does a co. Open a store and not know state requirements for employees??? Customers are bombarded with unecessary greetings from one and all to the point of being annoying. This is a retail store and behavior is required that is more like you are attending a pep rally. Cwonder needs to revamp its style and attitudes and clothing is less than quality..Everything is made in china and reflects that with materials that are inferior. Return rates are high as shoes fall apart and jewelry metal turns green. Save your money and shop at a reputable store and one that treats its employees with respect. Manager was a professional and deserved to be managing a store that deserved her knowledge and professionalism, don't work there!!!!!!!!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at C. Wonder. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5