Title: Access Control and Surveillance Service Technician
Area: Northern LA County
- Technician primary duties will be to test and troubleshoot existing Access Control & Surveillance systems at customer sites.
- Technician secondary duties will be to assist with the final testing and programming of newly installed systems by the company installation teams.
- Customers include gated communities, hi-rise apartments, major corporate head quarters and distribution facilities.
- Partial Equipment List includes, access control panels, video recorders (DVR & NVR), servers, switches, routers, storage arrays, software, analog & IP cameras, LPR camera systems, key-fob/card readers, RFID vehicle identification readers, vehicle access control barrier arms/gates, visitor management computers with barcode scanners at customer sites.
- Perform all service calls that are sent via iPad installed in service vehicle in a timely manner.
- Communicate with customers to confirm source of problems, then the solution implemented and any additional work and quotes to be forthcoming.
- Provide feedback and information to identify any potential barriers to timely execution of the service call or add-on work.
- Communicate with CSR team and Managers to resolve discrepancies or issues.
- Provide regular progress updates to all stakeholders.
- Provide accurate documentation for completed work.
- Responsible for providing proper documentation for inventory control and for maintaining proper inventory for vehicles and add-on service work projects.
- Must be available to perform end of year and interim inventory counts.
- Maintain assigned company-owned vehicles, tools, equipment and individual tool issue.
- Coach assigned team members on the installation procedures and quality control standards.
- Report any issues to the department Managers.
- Maintain and protect building keys to customer buildings.
- Communicate with customers, customer representatives, contractors and company staff as necessary
- Stay up to date and knowledgeable in services, technology as well as internal processes and procedures
- All other duties as assigned
- US Citizenship required
- Clean driving record/DMV report required
- PC break-fix Networking and server break-fix abilities
- Must have strong customer, administrative and organizational skills.
- Networking, Access Control Systems & Video Surveillance Systems Certifications a plus.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- At least 5 years of experience with electronic access control/security systems and CCTV systems (analog and IP cameras)
- At least 2 years of IT field or helpdesk experience.
- Must be able to work well in teams and have 2+ years of experience installing structured wire cable systems for data, voice, video communications networks, as well as security alarm and instruction detection systems
- Work history must display stability and consistent attendance.
- Demonstrated ability to accept responsibility and carry out assigned tasks with limited supervision.
- Mechanical aptitude and thorough knowledge of hand and power tools.
- Strong electronics knowledge/background (AC/DC theory, series and parallel circuits, open/close loops) and ability and knowledge to use digital volt meters.
- Knowledge of Serial Communication (RS232, RS485) Deep knowledge of IP, Ethernet, routers and firewalls.
- Professional installation experience and knowledge of analog and IP CCTV equipment such as DVR, NVR, IP camera, matrix switchers, and amplifiers.
- Ability to read and interpret construction documents and wiring diagrams.
- Ability to perform detailed work, being careful about detail and being thorough in completing tasks
- Demonstrated self-composure, adaptability, persistence, a high tolerance for stress and unquestionable integrity.
- Ability to follow installation, testing, and troubleshooting procedures..
- Ability and desire to work well with others and coach other technicians. Ability to write and maintain accurate daily records.
- Neat, professional appearance. Available to work overtime, weeknights, and/or weekends.
- Ability to travel frequently by automobile or public transportation, including overnight stays
- Ability and knowledge to use computer and effectively use Microsoft Office
- Applications, including Excel, Word, Visio, Outlook and other software tools to facilitate business processes
- Must possess a valid driver's license and satisfactory driving record.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be willing to participate in and pass the company’s pre-employment screening process including a background investigation, drug screening and driving record.
- Must be able to meet and continue to meet state licensing requirements for low voltage and security systems.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the job.
- While performing the duties of this role, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel and manipulate keys on a keyboard and handle hand and power tools.
- The employee is often required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands and due to the need to review client sites, may have to step over, climb or balance around obstacles, twist, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, the ability to adjust focus and to distinguish colors.
- The employee must be able to climb stairs and ladders, and carry tools and equipment not to exceed seventy-five pounds.
- The employee must be physically and mentally capable of functioning effectively with moderate to high levels of stress in a demanding and dynamic environment. Travel by automobile, plane and other modes of public transportation is required.
The following work environment characteristics are representative of the environment the employee will encounter while performing the duties of his/her job:
- The employee is subject to prevailing weather conditions at the time, the noise level in the office environment is usually quiet to moderate
- The employee may be exposed to moving mechanical gates, parts, tools and vehicles
- Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of this role and it is not intended to be an exhaustive list of the duties, knowledge, skills, abilities or working conditions associated with the role.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
Indeed - 13 months ago
copy to clipboard