C.H. Robinson Employee Reviews in United States

Sterile enviroment with limited person to person interaction.
Freight Sales Broker (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 10, 2016
I learned a lot about the freight shipping industry. However, it was difficult finding solutions to ongoing IT problems. Management was spread thin. I was often put at the end of the priority line when issues arose, in favor of senior reps. Additional duties included collections, clerical and solutions. Spent 10 hours a day looking at 2 video monitors and working the phones. Very little development and opportunity to advance.
Highly competitive environment, fun place to work.
Carrier Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 1, 2016
Overall a great company. Plenty of opportunities for advancement and training in your field. Had a team environment, but compensation was based directly on your success.
Pros
compensation, team enviroment
Cons
work/ life balance
Easily advance in this company
Shipment Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 25, 2016
A typical day with CH Robinson is answering incoming calls, giving information to clients about there loads and resolving any issues that the client may have.
Tough Work/life Balace. Great people!
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNMay 16, 2016
Spend a lot of hours in the office tied to the desk. Good people work here and it can be a lot of fun. The people are really what make it a great place to work
Poor managment
Biller (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 11, 2016
Wasn't very happy working for the company. Over worked and poor management. Needs a better system on paying customer. Pay was very little for over worked.
Freelance Designer
Freelance Designer (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNMay 2, 2016
Freelance Designer: Assist marketing team with digital and print assests ranging from social media graphics, infographics, powerpoint presentations, publication documents and print ads.
Great work enviroment
Shipment Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 2, 2016
Good people to work with and for. I enjoyed the lunch break, they was always to many different choices to chose from. the work was very easy and simple to learn and do well . I enjoyed the event the company thru for us outside of the workplace.
Great Place to work
Import Specialist (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNApril 18, 2016
Good place to work with a fun work environment and people who care about the well being of both your career and the future of the company
High-paced numbers driven environement
Carrier Representative (Current Employee) –  Ankeny, IAApril 13, 2016
Great place to work, but as it is a 3PL, the only assets it has are it's people, and with market fluctuations, it's impossible for them to do everything they can for all employees. The greatest hurdle they have is negotiations between branches are lacking, limiting carrier access to freight. Also, communication between corporate and branch/office level could be better. Certain branches get more say in setting corporate policy, while others sometimes get left in the dark.

Branch-level management is usually great though, and they do a good job of hiring good people.
High Energy Place to Work
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNMarch 29, 2016
- Sending and receiving 100 to 150 emails
- Communicating with customers and other employees of CH Robinson
- Hardest part of the job is that management doesn't have enough time to assist with questions and other issues you are having
- Most enjoyable part of the job is the people who you are with every day
Pros
The people
Cons
Underpaid and overworked
CH Robinson
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Wood Dale, ILMarch 27, 2016
Overall it's a good company to work for if you want to get your foot in the door for basically anything in the logistics industry.
Pros
Great company parties, job culture is excellent, overtime is always allowes
Cons
working overtime is usually necessary, no bonus structure, benefits are pretty mediocre
There is a lot of potential to grow at this job but there is no one in place to grow their people as far as their potential will allow them to
Global Forwarding Agent (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 24, 2016
On a typical day, I just want to come in and do my job the best way I can and go home. I am an over achiever most times but not feeling motivated in such a negative environment. I just remind myself this is only one CHR Branch, not all of them are like this. "BE PATIENT"

I am learning that the best thing about my employment is that I have employment and that I am a self teacher. So far I have had to learn what I know at CHR trial by error. This made it convenient for me to create an SOP for others who will come behind me to properly guide.

Not all the management is so bad. Unfortunately, they are not the management that I have ended up with. My manager/supervisor is fairly young in this industry and is nowhere to be found when I really need them. I like that they don't micro manage me but I feel they take advantage with the fact that I will do whatever I need to get the job done...that is in my control that is.They only show up once a problem escalates after a couple of request to assist.

The hardest part of my job is dealing with management/employee cliques in the worst way. It creates favoritism with no room to honestly see a hard working employee's potential.

As happy/sad as this will sound, receiving a pay check is the most enjoyable part of my job. I like people, I liked being involved.
Pros
no micro managment -
Cons
no work/life balance - little no recognition - no room to grow
fast paced and competitive environment surrounded with amazing supportive employees and coworkers
Operations Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 23, 2016
A typical day in the office of C.H. Robinson starts with the coffee machine and a few morning small conversations , then we all end up at our desks around 7:15 am ready to engage with customers via phone and email .
I have learned the art of balancing how to appeal and remain competitive against other company's for our customers satisfaction. I have managed to keep genuine customer service through daily voice calls , ongoing emails and even visiting the customers site of business , creating a trust through action along side with verbal communication. I practiced learning anything I could about both the customer and my Company so I could provide the best service . This highly involves utilizing my organization skills , to keep track and maintain a good customer based relationship , and seeing eye to eye with demand of the market . One of the main things I love about working here is my co-workers , there's no sense of negativity because we all want the same thing in the end , and that is to succeed personally and generally as a whole company , financially , and reputation wise . This empowering environment of coworkers makes it easy to assist the company's growth and value . The Hardest part of the job for me , was learning how to find ways to relieve stress in times I felt I could've produced more in the work day . I learned that practice really does make perfect and getting frustrated with yourself only makes the process seem slower , so I resolved this by ensuring that I do all I can to satisfy the customers needs with my knowledge and the rest will fall into place . The
  more... most enjoyable part of the Job is employee events. I enjoy these so much because its a great way to get to know who you work with , due to the fact that all we can afford to have sometimes is small talk .  less
Pros
Amazing Medical, dental, plans, and inside company growth and promotions
Cons
hard to transfer.
Great people fast paced job
Dispatch Lead/ trainer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 20, 2016
I think they are a great company, they took care of there employees.
The job culture was one of all for one.
they would always seem to try and include everyone
Ugh. I had a horrible experience here
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNMarch 17, 2016
I was an Executive Assistant at Corporate in Eden Prairie. The culture was quiet. You had to be very quiet. One of the VP's I supported told me to support her by turning work around immediately, without question and flawlessly. Ugh. The 4 Assistants on that floor sat on the floor in four corners of tis floor outside all of their glass offices. Another ugh. Not good.
Pros
The pay and benefits were okay
Cons
It was all cons
It was okay, not too fond
Capacity Buyer and Sales Analyst (Intern) (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 14, 2016
typical day at work was routine, 8 hour days. I learned cold calling and prospecting. Management was helpful when available. My co workers were nice but stayed to themselves. Not really your team setting.
Hectic work environment. Fast Pased
Carrier Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 21, 2016
Little opportunity for advancement. Good place to work out of college but only for 2 years. Strategy seems to change every 6 months Very fast paced and hectic work environment
I love working for ch robinson I left because I wanted to make more money and better myself
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILFebruary 12, 2016
I loved everyday at my job with ch robinson, I worked for a nice boss rebecca sekirkka we have a great time she allowed us to be ourselves at work we had fun times as well as getting our job done.
Pros
I LIKE WORKING AT CH ROBINSON
Cons
WORKING ON WEEKEND SOMETIMES
Good starting point
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARFebruary 7, 2016
CHR is a good place to start in Logistics, but there isn't much room for advancement unless you start in management. The culture is very young and turn over is very high.
Exciting & Fun Work Environment
Operations Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 19, 2016
I really enjoyed working here, before they decided to down size their workforce for Automated Programs. The people I worked with directly are some of the best people I have ever met in my entire work career.
Pros
The People I worked with directly
Cons
Their CEO, and Greedy Executives