C.H. Robinson

C.H. Robinson Employee Reviews

Great Place
Account Manager (Current Employee), Coralville, IAMay 12, 2015
This is a great place to work. I've developed many skills that will be vital to my future. I don't see the monetary benefits needed to continue with the career.
Great company to work for
Transportation Sales (Former Employee), Jonesboro, ARMay 7, 2015
CH Robinson is a great company to work for. There's lots of opportunity for self-motivated people. The culture is fast paced and exciting. No two days are the same.
A well managed company with a focus on customer service.
Ocean Import Customs Brokerage & Logistics (Former Employee), Denver, COMay 6, 2015
Pros: Helpful colleagues.
Cons: The long commute to the office.
My day started early to gather information for customers and to review cargo logistics updates. I learned to better coordinate customs clearance and cargo delivery transit times. Management and coworkers were always ready top assist at all times. The most difficult part of my job was having to rely on other variables that I have no control of such as labor disputes at the west coast ports. The most enjoyable was being able to deliver cargo on time for customers.
Productive and Active Environment
Air/Ocean Cargo Agent Import/Export (Current Employee), Torrance, CAApril 24, 2015
Great company to work with, a lot of work and you learn something new everyday. i have learn more and add more to my skills and knowledge.
The money was nice
LTL Operations Rep (Former Employee), Tampa, FLApril 22, 2015
Pros: Bagels
Cons: Toxic work environment.
C.H. Robinson had a few issues. Namely with employee morale. The primary issue was that they had tenured employees (20+ years) who were extremely disrespectful to basically the entire staff aside from the General Manager and it created a lot of friction and heartache amongst the office.

They were also understaffed so the operations team in particular was stretched extremely thin and it was extremely difficult to get any support if you needed help, then if something went wrong (often due to having too much work on your plate at one time) you got the full brunt of the blame for it.

Aside from that, sometimes they brought expensive bagels in. That was cool.
chr
Logistics Senior Sourcing Representative (Former Employee), Bridgeville, PAApril 20, 2015
Pros: people office environment
Cons: weekend work, never have a quitting time long hours
great place and people, great office environment. working alot of saturdays takes it tolls on an employee. very high volume with phone calls. no room to move up unless you want to relocate
its cool
Carrier Account Manager (Former Employee), Sugar Land, TXApril 16, 2015
People are nice and the work is cool. They have a bi warehouse and a lot of the truck drivers come in and talk to you. Its loacated a bit far though
no future here this is a job not a career
Global forwarding representative (Current Employee), Torrance, CAApril 14, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: all
work hard with no rewards ! thats life here. learned the same repetitive work over and over again groundhog day? managers are cool but unless you blow someone or kiss some serious assets you will not move up. no work life balance.
N/A
SHIP SOURCING ASSISTANT COORDINATOR (Former Employee), Miami, FLApril 9, 2015
Pleasant environment. Everyone works well together. Although there is quite a bit of work that's involved, team work within all the departments, was always a great factor.
Fast paced environment that embraces the work hard, play hard spirit
Account Manager (Former Employee), United StatesApril 8, 2015
Pros: Bonus rewards, Stock options, Fun people, Company Parties
Cons: Can face long hours, demanding customers, logistics/transportation is subject to matters outside of your control
You will work with great people from all backgrounds at C.H. Robinson. You will have the chance to learn about the logistics and transportation industry and realize how important it is to everyday business.

The work hard, play hard mentality is embraced here and your performance and the branch performance is dependent on how well you do and how well your customers do. It is enjoyable to provide logistics solutions to clients and to be appreciated. The hardest part is dealing with the X factors that come with transportation. There are many factors that influence success in a supply chain and not all of them are within your control.
Import Manager
Import Air & Ocean Breakbulk Supervisor (Former Employee), Miami, FLMarch 24, 2015
I left DSV because my former manager left the company to Phoenix International that merge after a year to CH Robinson. I left CH Robinson there was many manager at the time and didn't want to be caught without a job. Great place to work with and everyone work as a team player.
work hard play hard but mostly just stressing out
Transportation Broker / Import Operations (Former Employee), Charleston, SCMarch 19, 2015
Pros: benefits, network mobility
Cons: limited training, bonus structure with management that makes a bonus impossible
Management problems interfering with the company's culture on a local level which was in my experience to charismatically make the seemingly impossible happen every moment and feeling hyped by your challenging day to pursue exciting lifestyles outside of work but under the wrong management the system fails and moving freight becomes a hostile nightmare of negativity.
Big Corporation
Collections (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 15, 2015
Pros: excellent benefits, good management for the most part
Cons: work for "the man"
CHR is going corporate and it's become more like "working for the man" which isn't what I signed on for! When I first started, it felt more like a team. I also used to think I could get promoted with hard work and in due time - I don't feel that way anymore... It's really starting to feel like they are just going to work me like a dog until I quit - which is rather hardening since I used to love my job!

However, they really have excellent benefits (like 100% match for 401K) ... and while there is poor management (as with anywhere you go), there is also superb management - hopefully you get the superb!

Overall, not necessarily a bad place to work - just have to get in with the right crew and hope nothing changes!
Fun,fast paced work environment. Good job work/life balance.
Account Manager (Former Employee), Rogers, ARMarch 11, 2015
This is a very fast paced job that can be very stressful and challenging. It is a great office environment for a corporate company and carries a work hard, play hard mentality. You will learn many different skills along the way here such as account management, sales, negotiation and supply-chain management.
Good place to learn skills
Account Management & Domestic Transportation (Former Employee), N Charleston, SCMarch 6, 2015
10-12hrs a day, loud and boisterous office as they are brokerage firm. Mixed bag of competent co-workers and managers. High stress environment at times - compensation and benefits were adequate
Great people
Operations Specialist (Current Employee), Richmond, vaMarch 2, 2015
The people and overall environment is great but it takes forever to move up. It is fast paced and pushes you to constantly learn new things especially since it is almost impossible to train for this job prior to hiring.
Great Company
Operations Representative (Current Employee), Roanoke, VAMarch 2, 2015
Pros: benefits package
Great Culture, Terrific employer that allows you to express yourself. Great Employee's throughout the entire network.
n/a
phone operator (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMarch 1, 2015
Pros: lot of benifits and raffles
Cons: its not immediate hire temp to hire
get my computer running and going as well as programs that I use to do my work, I learned to interact with people over the phone take them from a angry level to a calm level finding sulotions to there problems, I enjoyed most it was a very calm and easy to work in.
Good for recent graduates
Account Manager (Former Employee), Chesapeake VAFebruary 25, 2015
Great job to get your feet wet in the corporate world. Lack of advancement opportunities. Expected work outside of business hours.
Good work environment but unclear career path
Account Manager (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: free lunches once a month
Cons: long hours
CH Robinson is a strong company with many resources but each branch/division appears to have unclear goals.

Everyone I worked with is very friendly and willing to help out

Management cares about their employees but employees do not have clear career path

1 2 3 4 5

About C.H. Robinson

C.H. Robinson—accelerating careers with immense opportunities and professional growth within the global supply chain industry. – Read more

C.H. Robinson Salaries