C.H. Robinson

C.H. Robinson Employee Reviews

Great place to learn logistics
Account Manager (Former Employee), Orange, CAAugust 31, 2015
great place to earn your logistics chops if you are hungry for abuse. If you can make it at C.H you can make it with any company
Great enviornment
Operations Representative (Current Employee), Flint, MIAugust 31, 2015
Awesome benefits, time off, great co-workers. Casual work environment, a lot of training and information to learn, but after that ti is very enjoyable.
A fast paced, positive work environment
Account Manager (Current Employee), Dayton, OHAugust 28, 2015
Pros: Upbeat work place, fun, dedicated co-workers
Cons: Long hours, corporate red tape
Positive and dedicated work environment where all departments work well together. Motivated workers that strive to make the day to day business run smoothly while growing the business and securing new customers and opportunities. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my customers and partnering with them to find solutions to their pain points. There was a lot of variety in what I did, each day brought with it a new set of challenges and obstacles to overcome.
Great job!
Account Manager (Current Employee), Woodridge, ILAugust 6, 2015
Pros: Benefits and work environment
Cons: work life balance
This job taught me a lot about the professional setting. This was my first professional job out of college. Being a fortune 300 company was even better. The benefits were fantastic, and they gave you plenty of perks. Loved it!
Productive day in Logistics
Buyer's Assistant (Current Employee), Greenville, SCJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Chick Fila breakfast on Friday's
Cons: not being full time employee
I start my day by tracking all of my loads that have shipped the night before. I learn each day there re many complications in the logistics industry. No day is the exact same, everyday I learn something new about shipping, warehouse, and delivery appointments. I have a great team that I work with and we all work together to get the product to its destination in a timely fashion. The hardest part of my job is rescheduling simply because the product might be a load that they absolutely need that day, or the warehouse could be full and not be able to reschedule the load until later that week. the most enjoyable part of my job is the communication I do to everyone. Just making sure that everything runs as smoothly as possible.
work-hard play-hard
Account Manager (Current Employee), Eden Prairie, MNJuly 22, 2015
Although it can be mundane at times, it is very fast-paced and hectic at others. If you do not handle stress well, this is not the environment for you. Co-workers are all easy to get along with. Very male-dominant.
C.H. Robinson is a great place to work
Accounting/Customer Service (Former Employee), Jackson, TNJuly 12, 2015
Pros: A fast paced environment which requires problem solving, benefits and pay are competitive, management is great, fun environment
Cons: When I moved to Nashville to attend law school, only a part-time position without benefits was available. I needed more pay and benefits.
C.H. Robinson is a great place to work. It is a fast paced environment which requires problem solving. Each customer has specific accounting procedures, and each account is paid differently. I made sure each customer was properly billed, and that those bills were paid and accounted for.
Great Culture
Sales Executive & Account Manager (Current Employee), Madison, WIJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Culture, independence job security
Cons: compensation
Really enjoyed the culture of the organization, the hunger for new talent and to continually push yourself to advance your own career. Great opportunity for an out of college grad looking for a first start to their career.
Summary
Logistics & Supply Chain, Account Manager (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMJuly 1, 2015
Great job in the industry, good benefits, good compensation. Large network and outstanding 3PL services. Large network of carriers and offices across the US with global presents
Great company, but no $$
Supervisor (Former Employee), MNJune 29, 2015
Pros: Great employees
Cons: Unwilling to compensate high performers
CHRW is a great place to start a career. Pay and advancement opportunities don't come often enough to make worth a long term stay.
Bad work / life balance
Entry Writer (Former Employee), Southfield, MIJune 28, 2015
Company expects constant availablility. Very little concern for employees work / life balance leads to extreme stress levels
C.H. Robinson
Global Business Development (Former Employee), Bellevue, WAJune 11, 2015
Perfect job for anyone looking for experience in the Transportation industry, especially Truck load. Very few stay in their positions though. Turn and Burn atmosphere.
Great place to start
Carrier Capacity and Customer Accounts (Former Employee), Irvine, CAJune 11, 2015
CH Robinson is a great place to learn and grow from if you are just getting into the industry. Not a place to be long term unless you move up within the company.
Fun place to work
Entry Writer (Current Employee), Wood Dale, ILJune 8, 2015
Pros: Plenty if work
Cons: Lack of promotions
Very busy and productive days.
Always learning something new about my position
The managers are fun to work with
Hardest part is managing time so that everything gets completed
Can listen to music while working
Fun work environment with great people
Freight Broker (Former Employee), Freight BrokerJune 8, 2015
Pros: Base + Commission, fun work environment, excellent management.
Cons: Stress of job duties
Track & trace shipments in transit, prospect new business, handle any disputes that occur with each shipment in transit, negotiated shipping rates with carriers. I learned some various sales tactics, pricing lanes all across the country & knowing seasonality. The people i worked with were helpful & fun. The hardest part of the job was knowing your biggest customer can leave you any second, thus having to prospect new business.
relaxed work environment
Account Manager (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 6, 2015
very fast-paced job; autonomous; hardly any work-life balance- always have to be available for customers; fun office environment; mediocre management
Good for getting your feet wet
Customer Account Manager (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJune 4, 2015
Pros: Lots of experience, great people to work with, not much supervision
Cons: Work/life balance, opportunity for advancement, no clear message or vision, low-cost transportation provider
Great company if you want lots of Logistics experience right off the bat. Pretty much a baptism by fire your first day on the job but you'll earn your chops fast.
This job is good for someone that is in school.
Dispatcher (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMay 23, 2015
Pros: schedules are flexible
Cons: too much down time. Boring.
It is a low stress position. In this position, work stays at work. There is minimal micro-managing. A typical work day consist of taking about 90 phone calls from truck drivers explaining to them their daily load duties. It is a very simplistic position, perfect for a college student.
Great Place
Account Manager (Current Employee), Coralville, IAMay 12, 2015
This is a great place to work. I've developed many skills that will be vital to my future. I don't see the monetary benefits needed to continue with the career.
Great company to work for
Transportation Sales (Former Employee), Jonesboro, ARMay 7, 2015
CH Robinson is a great company to work for. There's lots of opportunity for self-motivated people. The culture is fast paced and exciting. No two days are the same.
Headquarters