C.H. Robinson Employee Reviews in United States

Sterile enviroment with limited person to person interaction.
Freight Sales Broker (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 10, 2016
I learned a lot about the freight shipping industry. However, it was difficult finding solutions to ongoing IT problems. Management was spread thin. I was often put at the end of the priority line when issues arose, in favor of senior reps. Additional duties included collections, clerical and solutions. Spent 10 hours a day looking at 2 video monitors and working the phones. Very little development and opportunity to advance.
Successful company with fun culture
Global Forwarding Agent (Current Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILJune 21, 2016
Much talent on board but are they all placed correctly? Efficiency is not a strong point but nevertheless a successful company. Training is a weak point and you are sometimes left to figure out processes on your own. This does not lead to best organization.
Pros
Company events, atmosphere
Cons
Healthcare, training, placement of talent
High-paced numbers driven environement
Carrier Representative (Current Employee) –  Ankeny, IAApril 13, 2016
Great place to work, but as it is a 3PL, the only assets it has are it's people, and with market fluctuations, it's impossible for them to do everything they can for all employees. The greatest hurdle they have is negotiations between branches are lacking, limiting carrier access to freight. Also, communication between corporate and branch/office level could be better. Certain branches get more say in setting corporate policy, while others sometimes get left in the dark.

Branch-level management is usually great though, and they do a good job of hiring good people.
CH Robinson Worldwide, Inc. very professional & challenging
Operations Representative I (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 14, 2016
CH Robinson Worldwide could have work more on promotions for CSR and focus appreciation acknowledgement. The turnover was high for CSR and Sales departments.
Pros
Plenty of Cultural Activties for the employees very high technologies enivorment.
Cons
Not enough time in the day for all the work!
Great Company to establish career in the transportation Industry
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Lisle, ILJuly 4, 2016
I've been at the company for ten years and I have gained tremendous experience, knowledge, and friendships. I've met wonderful people and some jerks, but overall I am pleased with my career here. There are ways they can grow and improve and the number 1 area is management training and development. If they truly want to see growth in various modes of transportation, they need to develop their managers. They need to invest more in technology and employee retention.

Typical day work includes talking and working with your peers, carriers and customers. There is training for the employees, and various meetings detailing new customer implementation and other areas. They have nice charity events and they have a work hard, play hard culture. Great company with nice benefits but still room to grow.
Ugh. I had a horrible experience here
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNMarch 17, 2016
I was an Executive Assistant at Corporate in Eden Prairie. The culture was quiet. You had to be very quiet. One of the VP's I supported told me to support her by turning work around immediately, without question and flawlessly. Ugh. The 4 Assistants on that floor sat on the floor in four corners of tis floor outside all of their glass offices. Another ugh. Not good.
Pros
The pay and benefits were okay
Cons
It was all cons
Great company
Financial Reporting Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Woburn, MAJuly 10, 2016
Good place to start career right out of college.
Plenty of advancements within the company but needs relocating to Chicago or other major Corporate offices .

Good work/life balance .
Fast paced / no sleeping on the job .
Good pay vs competitors .
Great benefits .
Great overall work culture .
High Energy Place to Work
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNMarch 29, 2016
- Sending and receiving 100 to 150 emails
- Communicating with customers and other employees of CH Robinson
- Hardest part of the job is that management doesn't have enough time to assist with questions and other issues you are having
- Most enjoyable part of the job is the people who you are with every day
Pros
The people
Cons
Underpaid and overworked
Highly competitive environment, fun place to work.
Carrier Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 1, 2016
Overall a great company. Plenty of opportunities for advancement and training in your field. Had a team environment, but compensation was based directly on your success.
Pros
compensation, team enviroment
Cons
work/ life balance
CH Robinson
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Wood Dale, ILMarch 27, 2016
Overall it's a good company to work for if you want to get your foot in the door for basically anything in the logistics industry.
Pros
Great company parties, job culture is excellent, overtime is always allowes
Cons
working overtime is usually necessary, no bonus structure, benefits are pretty mediocre
Great work enviroment
Shipment Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 2, 2016
Good people to work with and for. I enjoyed the lunch break, they was always to many different choices to chose from. the work was very easy and simple to learn and do well . I enjoyed the event the company thru for us outside of the workplace.
Great place to begin your career!
Account Manager/ Carrier Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 9, 2016
I would go into CHR with the mindset of moving on after 5 years. It is a great place to start as a fresh college grad, but at 5 years most employees either love it or hate it. You will learn a variety of business skills, and you will experience work life at a Fortune 300 company. The compensation and promotion categories are what made me leave.
Pros
flexible, fun work environment
Cons
compensation, vacation, promotion
I love working for ch robinson I left because I wanted to make more money and better myself
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILFebruary 12, 2016
I loved everyday at my job with ch robinson, I worked for a nice boss rebecca sekirkka we have a great time she allowed us to be ourselves at work we had fun times as well as getting our job done.
Pros
I LIKE WORKING AT CH ROBINSON
Cons
WORKING ON WEEKEND SOMETIMES
Great Place to work
Shipment Information Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 22, 2016
This company is very professional great place to work and you can advance to a new position in under 6 months and you will get a pay raise with your new position. They promote within the company.
Easily advance in this company
Shipment Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 25, 2016
A typical day with CH Robinson is answering incoming calls, giving information to clients about there loads and resolving any issues that the client may have.
Freelance Designer
Freelance Designer (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNMay 2, 2016
Freelance Designer: Assist marketing team with digital and print assests ranging from social media graphics, infographics, powerpoint presentations, publication documents and print ads.
It was okay, not too fond
Capacity Buyer and Sales Analyst (Intern) (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 14, 2016
typical day at work was routine, 8 hour days. I learned cold calling and prospecting. Management was helpful when available. My co workers were nice but stayed to themselves. Not really your team setting.
Exciting & Fun Work Environment
Operations Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 19, 2016
I really enjoyed working here, before they decided to down size their workforce for Automated Programs. The people I worked with directly are some of the best people I have ever met in my entire work career.
Pros
The People I worked with directly
Cons
Their CEO, and Greedy Executives
Learned a lot of new things
Compensation and Benefits Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wood Dale, ILJuly 12, 2016
I enjoyed the people I worked with and the new things I was able to learn. Worked with a proprietary compensation system as well as Peoplesoft.
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNDecember 29, 2015
A good company to work for. You will have a vast knowledge of 3PL, Logistics in general and all things transportation. It is a great place to grow your customer service skills such as verbal and written communication as you cross paths with CEO to dock workers and truck drivers on a daily bases.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
schedules