C.H. Robinson

C.H. Robinson Employer Reviews

I love working there, the atmosphere is nice. If you love customer service this is the job for you.
Shipment Information Specialist/Trainer (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 10, 2015
My experience working there has been pleasant. I've worked in several departments within the time that I've been there and I truly love it. If your a people person and have a drive in sales, this is the job for you!
Review
Senior Logistics Analyst (Current Employee), Montvale, NJJanuary 27, 2015
Transportation Analyst:
--Day to day operations
--Negotiation of rates to customer and carriers
--Tracking and tracing
Good Company to work for / Poorly managed branch
Punching Bag (Former Employee), Detroit, MIJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: everything
While at CH Robinson, I did learn many new things. But on my own. The training consisted of "I will show you once, and you better know it right away." The group I was placed in was belittling and rude, the "management" is way too young to understand that coworkers should not treat others disrespectfully. So needless to say, nothing was ever done when these situations came up (which was daily). I agree with a previous statement made by another person stating their review. "It was like being in the movie MEAN GIRLS!"
I feel as though I could have learned much more given the opportunity and time. This branch SUCKS at training new employees. The hours were long, and you were looked down upon if you actually took your lunch break, or when you left at your scheduled time to end your work day.
My suggestion to the branch manager - Don't put 20 something individuals in charge of anything or anyone.
Challenging and fast paced
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: very competitive
I started in the dispatch department. Giving the drivers pick up and drop information of freight. Eventually I was promoted to accounts receivable.
I placed business to business calls regarding invoices. I was a very good experience. Resolving problems with people over the phone was a good feeling.
Everyone had a team work mentality along with working on their own. I was able to get help if needed but was counted on to get the job done.
Problem solving was the best experience I earned at the company.
An excellent, challenging, and rewarding experience at a Fortune 500 Company
World Class Intern (Former Employee), Canfield, OHJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: great place to work, great experience, a company that treats their employees very well
My experience at C.H. Robinson was incredibly valuable and substantial. I had the opportunity to work with intelligent, ambitious, forward-thinking business leaders that I can still continuously reference.
Great work place
Mail Room files Clerk / Processor & Scanner (Former Employee), chicagoJanuary 20, 2015
Nice group of people. Would love to have gone back once re-hiring began.
I enjoyed working there
Sales Executive (Former Employee), Vancouver, WAJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: management was really great
Cons: the market was saturated with their services, from out side regional reps. it was hard to offer anything new
I enjoyed working at CH Robinson. They allowed me to think outside the box and create a new product for the company. They had top notch online tools that offered easy access to the customer.
Good Experience
Logistics Broker (Former Employee), Jonesboro , ARJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: work atmosphere
Cons: cold calling
Good stepping stone into Transportation Industry
Learned alot , met alot of good folks
Learned that I do not want to broker asset free
Past paced, competitive and motivationally challenging
Account Manager (Current Employee), Stow, OHJanuary 3, 2015
We motivate one other to work hard and work as a team in the fast paced environment. I learned to be a diligent worker providing the customer with exceptional service, constant communication and fast results. The hardest part of the job is the uncontrollable factors that challenge transportation such as weather, the economy and government regulations.
This was a good place to work. I learned a lot
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 26, 2014
Pros: now i know more about the trucking compies than i ever thought
Cons: the fact that i was let go because of the economic.
Working for this company gave me a chance to learn a lot dealing with the trucking field. I got a chance to learn the difference between truck and want is needed to ship products. also what is needed to store the product before it is shipped to it's final destination.
Fun workplace. everyone is like your family.
Operations Associate (Former Employee), Shreveport, LADecember 15, 2014
Fun workplace. everyone is like your family. Management was always willing to help.
Productive work environment
DATA ENTRY (Former Employee), Elk Grove, ILDecember 13, 2014
Pros: learned good communication skills with the ability to interface with customers, vendors and internal personnel
Cons: can be very tedious at times
- Verify federal data records in contrast with company documents for accountability and taxation purposes.
- Obtain and annotate necessary adjustments with authenticated data to ensure correct information and the mitigation of inaccuracies.
- Through proper coordination with pertinent personnel, I was entrusted with cross-referencing essential reports prior to departmental accounting.
- Transcribe selected data into a computer and scans source documents in accordance with specific program instructions;
- Answer phone or assists at counter and provides information, as required.
Busy and enjoyable place to work.
Customer Service (Former Employee), West Memphis, ARDecember 10, 2014
Pros: in west memphis
Cons: company moved to chicago.
Loved working for this company. Phones were very busy. The busier the better.
Hard work, bad work/life balance
Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Eden Prairie, MNDecember 9, 2014
Pros: overtime
Cons: public ridicule
Typical Support role. Heavy Metric based grading for performance. Difficult environment to thrive in.
Organization and Prioritizing is key.
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 9, 2014
Organization and Prioritizing is key. Self Motivation will go a long way.
Don't try too - hard too fast
Sales Executive (Former Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 2, 2014
Pros: lots of younger people, room to learn a lot from the few people that are left
Cons: one manager to at least 20 people, usually much much more. leaves a lot up in the air about what's allowed and not
The company is the best in the industry, and the largest in the industry. That being said, it has the downfalls that fit that bill.
Since it's so large, it makes selling the service easier. This means that if you sell too much too fast, you'll feel under appreciated (because you are). The commission structure isn't set up for people to "snatch and grab" their way through their first few years, though it seems like it would be. There's a decently high turnover rate (maybe not in comparison to the industry as a whole since there are so many start ups) but this means that accounts will be handed down. You will not get any of these if you're bringing in new business at a fast pace, which is fine since they dock the percentage you get from "legacy accounts." However, if you get to the commission/ draw level faster than 18 months, you just have to deal with it. I had a huge problem with that since they say "once you've hit the level for 3 months in a row, you can chose to go on commissions."
I hit it around the 1 year mark with some "legacy accounts" and mainly new business, but by the time that the end of the next 6 months rolled around I was at 3x the commission level in branch revenue and wasn't paid on it.
Just a helpful concern.
TEAM Mentality that impacted day to day activities, and more importantly future compensation.
BUYER (Former Employee), Orange, CADecember 1, 2014
My office was great. Classic Work-Hard, Play-Hard mentality. Allowed me to deal with many large Fortune 500 Companies while also operating with many Mom-and-Pop business'. Management and Co-Workers were great; it's just tough/grinding work.
Productive, great co-workers, easy to advance.
Support Information Specialist (Current Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 1, 2014
Pros: benefits, pto, calm environment.
Cons: easy work, no challenge, short lunch.
Great benefits, good work environment and the work is easy. Though if you're looking for a challenge this job isn't for you. You will mostly be met with repetitive work that offers little to no mental challenge.
Assisting Truck Drivers
Shipment Information Specialist (Former Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 30, 2014
Pros: learned to multi-task
Cons: short breaks, no privacy while working, treated like a child
My typical day at work would be to ask a lead for a seating chart to see where they placed me for the day. Then I will start to make sure that I sign into my User Name and set everything up that I need to assist the drivers. I've learned a lot about truck drivers with what they need to become a driver and how fast they can lose their license. The management needs a lot of improvement with how they treat us simply with giving us our privacy on our computers and trusting that we are doing right by our binders which had everything we needed to fix any issue that comes our way. The hardest part of the job was just having to deal with the managers which we call "Leads". What I mean by having to deal with them is having to be treated as if we are new to the job and have no idea what we are doing there. We were basically treated as children. The only and I mean only Enjoyable part of the job was if our system went down or Lunch.
Worst place to work, EVER!
Brokerage (Former Employee), Chicago areaNovember 14, 2014
Pros: none. maybe the benefits.
Cons: everything.
I learned nothing from this place. Co-workers were all part of the mean girls club. Really! People were made managers just because of who they are friends with, not for deserving. Place is run by kids who think they know everything. I will be happy when they find out how the real world really is and they don't always get there way.
Best part of working there? When it was Phoenix International!

1 2 3 4 5

About C.H. Robinson

C.H. Robinson—accelerating careers with immense opportunities and professional growth within the global supply chain industry. – Read more