C.H. Robinson

C.H. Robinson United States Employee Reviews

its cool
Carrier Account Manager (Former Employee), Sugar Land, TXApril 16, 2015
People are nice and the work is cool. They have a bi warehouse and a lot of the truck drivers come in and talk to you. Its loacated a bit far though
no future here this is a job not a career
Global forwarding representative (Current Employee), Torrance, CAApril 14, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: all
work hard with no rewards ! thats life here. learned the same repetitive work over and over again groundhog day? managers are cool but unless you blow someone or kiss some serious assets you will not move up. no work life balance.
N/A
SHIP SOURCING ASSISTANT COORDINATOR (Former Employee), Miami, FLApril 9, 2015
Pleasant environment. Everyone works well together. Although there is quite a bit of work that's involved, team work within all the departments, was always a great factor.
Fast paced environment that embraces the work hard, play hard spirit
Account Manager (Former Employee), United StatesApril 8, 2015
Pros: Bonus rewards, Stock options, Fun people, Company Parties
Cons: Can face long hours, demanding customers, logistics/transportation is subject to matters outside of your control
You will work with great people from all backgrounds at C.H. Robinson. You will have the chance to learn about the logistics and transportation industry and realize how important it is to everyday business.

The work hard, play hard mentality is embraced here and your performance and the branch performance is dependent on how well you do and how well your customers do. It is enjoyable to provide logistics solutions to clients and to be appreciated. The hardest part is dealing with the X factors that come with transportation. There are many factors that influence success in a supply chain and not all of them are within your control.
Import Manager
Import Air & Ocean Breakbulk Supervisor (Former Employee), Miami, FLMarch 24, 2015
I left DSV because my former manager left the company to Phoenix International that merge after a year to CH Robinson. I left CH Robinson there was many manager at the time and didn't want to be caught without a job. Great place to work with and everyone work as a team player.
work hard play hard but mostly just stressing out
Transportation Broker / Import Operations (Former Employee), Charleston, SCMarch 19, 2015
Pros: benefits, network mobility
Cons: limited training, bonus structure with management that makes a bonus impossible
Management problems interfering with the company's culture on a local level which was in my experience to charismatically make the seemingly impossible happen every moment and feeling hyped by your challenging day to pursue exciting lifestyles outside of work but under the wrong management the system fails and moving freight becomes a hostile nightmare of negativity.
Big Corporation
Collections (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 15, 2015
Pros: excellent benefits, good management for the most part
Cons: work for "the man"
CHR is going corporate and it's become more like "working for the man" which isn't what I signed on for! When I first started, it felt more like a team. I also used to think I could get promoted with hard work and in due time - I don't feel that way anymore... It's really starting to feel like they are just going to work me like a dog until I quit - which is rather hardening since I used to love my job!

However, they really have excellent benefits (like 100% match for 401K) ... and while there is poor management (as with anywhere you go), there is also superb management - hopefully you get the superb!

Overall, not necessarily a bad place to work - just have to get in with the right crew and hope nothing changes!
Fun,fast paced work environment. Good job work/life balance.
Account Manager (Former Employee), Rogers, ARMarch 11, 2015
This is a very fast paced job that can be very stressful and challenging. It is a great office environment for a corporate company and carries a work hard, play hard mentality. You will learn many different skills along the way here such as account management, sales, negotiation and supply-chain management.
Good place to learn skills
Account Management & Domestic Transportation (Former Employee), N Charleston, SCMarch 6, 2015
10-12hrs a day, loud and boisterous office as they are brokerage firm. Mixed bag of competent co-workers and managers. High stress environment at times - compensation and benefits were adequate
Great people
Operations Specialist (Current Employee), Richmond, vaMarch 2, 2015
The people and overall environment is great but it takes forever to move up. It is fast paced and pushes you to constantly learn new things especially since it is almost impossible to train for this job prior to hiring.
Great Company
Operations Representative (Current Employee), Roanoke, VAMarch 2, 2015
Pros: benefits package
Great Culture, Terrific employer that allows you to express yourself. Great Employee's throughout the entire network.
n/a
phone operator (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMarch 1, 2015
Pros: lot of benifits and raffles
Cons: its not immediate hire temp to hire
get my computer running and going as well as programs that I use to do my work, I learned to interact with people over the phone take them from a angry level to a calm level finding sulotions to there problems, I enjoyed most it was a very calm and easy to work in.
Good for recent graduates
Account Manager (Former Employee), Chesapeake VAFebruary 25, 2015
Great job to get your feet wet in the corporate world. Lack of advancement opportunities. Expected work outside of business hours.
Good work environment but unclear career path
Account Manager (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: free lunches once a month
Cons: long hours
CH Robinson is a strong company with many resources but each branch/division appears to have unclear goals.

Everyone I worked with is very friendly and willing to help out

Management cares about their employees but employees do not have clear career path
I love working there, the atmosphere is nice. If you love customer service this is the job for you.
Shipment Information Specialist/Trainer (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 10, 2015
My experience working there has been pleasant. I've worked in several departments within the time that I've been there and I truly love it. If your a people person and have a drive in sales, this is the job for you!
Review
Senior Logistics Analyst (Current Employee), Montvale, NJJanuary 27, 2015
Transportation Analyst:
--Day to day operations
--Negotiation of rates to customer and carriers
--Tracking and tracing
Good Company to work for / Poorly managed branch
Punching Bag (Former Employee), Detroit, MIJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: everything
While at CH Robinson, I did learn many new things. But on my own. The training consisted of "I will show you once, and you better know it right away." The group I was placed in was belittling and rude, the "management" is way too young to understand that coworkers should not treat others disrespectfully. So needless to say, nothing was ever done when these situations came up (which was daily). I agree with a previous statement made by another person stating their review. "It was like being in the movie MEAN GIRLS!"
I feel as though I could have learned much more given the opportunity and time. This branch SUCKS at training new employees. The hours were long, and you were looked down upon if you actually took your lunch break, or when you left at your scheduled time to end your work day.
My suggestion to the branch manager - Don't put 20 something individuals in charge of anything or anyone.
Challenging and fast paced
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: very competitive
I started in the dispatch department. Giving the drivers pick up and drop information of freight. Eventually I was promoted to accounts receivable.
I placed business to business calls regarding invoices. I was a very good experience. Resolving problems with people over the phone was a good feeling.
Everyone had a team work mentality along with working on their own. I was able to get help if needed but was counted on to get the job done.
Problem solving was the best experience I earned at the company.
An excellent, challenging, and rewarding experience at a Fortune 500 Company
World Class Intern (Former Employee), Canfield, OHJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: great place to work, great experience, a company that treats their employees very well
My experience at C.H. Robinson was incredibly valuable and substantial. I had the opportunity to work with intelligent, ambitious, forward-thinking business leaders that I can still continuously reference.
Great work place
Mail Room files Clerk / Processor & Scanner (Former Employee), chicagoJanuary 20, 2015
Nice group of people. Would love to have gone back once re-hiring began.

1 2 3 4 5

About C.H. Robinson

C.H. Robinson—accelerating careers with immense opportunities and professional growth within the global supply chain industry. – Read more

C.H. Robinson Salaries