C.H. Robinson Employee Reviews

Fast paced environment
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 18, 2017
CHR has excellent training programs and mentors. It is a faced paced environment and each day is different. Employees must be creative and innovative.
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 17, 2017
Definitely a work hard play hard atmosphere. I worked on the customer side and unfortunately there is not much control on getting onto commission either you get lucky by landing a large customer or wait it out until enough accounts are passed down.
Pros
Work autonomy & close relationships with peers/colleagues. Excellent benefits package.
Cons
If you are in sales, it will take at least 2 years before you see results.
Great place to start a career
Customer Service
Networking
Account Management
Operations
Pros
Good Pay
Horrible Working Environment
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 15, 2017
Employees have no respect for one another. All day yelling and cursing all around the office. Unfit working conditions. No room for advancement....Do NOT APPLY this is a horrible job not a career
Pros
Cons
everything
Excellent place to work
Operations Representative (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 14, 2017
The job description itself is challenging, yet not impossible to accomplish. The management team is committed to ensuring that each agent is trained and retrained on how to improve in their field. I love working here.
Good company
Strategic Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 9, 2017
A good company to work for, with great training. They are forward thinking and always developing for the future. Local management could be better and needs to be supervised
Great company and great fun working environment!
Broker/Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXSeptember 5, 2017
Great company and great fun working environment! Really enjoyed the competitiveness of the job and how employees interacted. Would love to return to company.
Fun job atmosphere, but a very stressful company to work for
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 5, 2017
-A very fast paced environment. No two days were the same
-Can expect to be on the phone for hours per day with customers, shipper/receivers, carriers, other CHR offices, etc.
-Managers are all very cool
-Job can be very stressful at times
-Company frequently changes the corporate structure, job roles, etc.
-You are selling at every role
Pros
Great Entry Level Position
Cons
Very stressful work enviroment
Does not pay their employees what they deserve.
Operations Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 29, 2017
Making $13.00 an hour for a stressful job is not worth it. If they at least payed me $15-18 I would consider staying at the current position. The manager I am working under are horrible, please treat your coworkers with respect and be patient.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
pay
Fast paced. Stressful.
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNAugust 29, 2017
Fast paced work heavy environment. Flexibility and quick thinking necessary. Mulitple shifts but can be very difficult to balance with personal life. Good pay.
Pros
good pay, benefits.
Cons
very stressful. not a lot of career opportunities.
A good starting job.
Operations Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Tewksbury, MAAugust 29, 2017
I would recommend this to anyone fresh out of college. There is plenty of room to grow assuming you are following the sales roles. Operations and Carrier rolls are basically stagnant. You will know pretty quickly if you have room to grow or not. The company has done a good job adding layers to what was a very flat structure, but advancement beyond title changes/lateral moves still seems a little questionable. Otherwise the office environment is typically entrepreneurial and uninhibited by management to chase sales leads.
Pros
Fast Paced, laid back office environment, latitude to make decisions on your own.
Cons
Long Hours, little recognition, questinable advancement
data entry
DATA ENTRY (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXAugust 29, 2017
it was a fast environment and the people working there where good people. Also the schedule it was decent 9-6 I could grown by my daughter got sick so I need to be out constantly so I resigned to the job.
P&L Manager/Customer Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 29, 2017
I loved working at CH. It was an awesome job that rewards your achievements. I would probably be still be there if there was one closer to where I moved.
Horrible work environment
Shipping/Receiving clerk (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAAugust 29, 2017
Management for the C.H Robinson San Bernardino facility is a total clown joke, they are all a joke. So many contracts have been breeched at that spot.
Relaxed Office Environment
Operations Representative (Current Employee) –  Cheshire, CTAugust 28, 2017
Decent place to start a career but minimal opportunity for career advancement. The environment is lax and flexible but the work can get repetitive at times. The office staff at my branch was friendly but not particularly close.
Pros
occassionally free lunches
Cons
repetitive
Productive and great workplace
Receiving Clerk / Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJAugust 24, 2017
Loved the work flow and environment, Management was great and on point. The hardest part of the job, was the workflow but other than that it was by far one of the best work experience I ever had. Close knot team, incredible loyalty and focus on teamwork and personal growth.
Pros
Incredible perks, work environment and company offers great benefit
Cons
It was a temporary position
Busy!
Operations Representative (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHAugust 24, 2017
The office was really nicely set up where all people were centralized in one big room. This made the job more enjoyable as we were able to talk to each other over coffee or other snacks. I started each day with setting appointments and tracking loads using our computer system. After this initial period of the day had passed, my job duties were to handle in bound calls, build loads, give rates and set more appointments. In performing the above mentioned tasks, I was able to speak with customers and carriers to better understand their needs so a more cost effective solution could be discussed. Developed so many long lasting relationships. Many still continue to this day!
Pros
Business Casual & M-F
Cons
Time Management
Fast paced and work with great coworkers
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 24, 2017
As a customer account manager, the day flies by. You take care of many customers and their transportation needs. Its your responsibility to help them grow by aligning the correct methods of transport to their specific shipments. No two days are the same. Management could be more helpful as an overused phrase in the office is that our job is "like drinking out of a fire hydrant." Coworkers tend to unify to help one another because of this mentally. Once it clicks, you impress yourself daily at what you can help achieve.
Pros
Benefits and PTO are acceptable
Cons
Not a great work/life balance
Great enviorment
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAAugust 21, 2017
received and filledcustomers orders worked on fast moving lines the management was good and worked with employees employees received a lot of free produce
Difficult Workplace and Poor Management
Ocean Import Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 20, 2017
First week in CH Robinson at Atlanta Branch demoted my manager to Senior Ocean Import. Very stressful place to work, lack of communication and skills. Individual comes and goes when and please. Very unfriendly place to work at and lack of management presence allowed then to stuff work down peoples throats without giving them any indication that they were increasing your workload but not going to compensate you for this.
Pros
Management, pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at C.H. Robinson. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval