C.H. Robinson Employee Reviews

CH Robinson Worldwide, Inc. very professional & challenging
Operations Representative I (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 14, 2016
CH Robinson Worldwide could have work more on promotions for CSR and focus appreciation acknowledgement. The turnover was high for CSR and Sales departments.
Pros
Plenty of Cultural Activties for the employees very high technologies enivorment.
Cons
Not enough time in the day for all the work!
Fast paced
Repacker (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PANovember 29, 2016
Most people there spoke only Spanish and i was much younger then the people there. The work wasnt too hard but it did effect my lower back as i had to lift 40 lb boxes frequently. Managers were alright
Pros
Pay/hours
Cons
strict hours
Amazing entry level opportunity
Logistics Internship (Former Employee) –  Plover, WIJune 15, 2016
Started as a college internship. There was a minimal to non existent training program. They school you on what the company does and gets you signed in with a 5 minute explanation of the job.
Talking with many different transportation firms to negotiate price reminded me of what I assume a stock trading floor at wall street to be like.
Very competitive job, but if you don't mind the competition and negotiation process there was so much potential to increase your pay.
Pros
Pay potential, minimal entry qualifications, No hand holding (make your own sucess), competative
Cons
team environment suffers a little from the competative nature of the job, training
Productive and professional work place
Claims Analyst (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNSeptember 18, 2016
C.H. Robinson is one of the largest and best 3rd party logistics companies in the world. I have learned so much about the supply chain industry and am forever thankful for the experience this company has provided me.
Great Company to establish career in the transportation Industry
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Lisle, ILJuly 4, 2016
I've been at the company for ten years and I have gained tremendous experience, knowledge, and friendships. I've met wonderful people and some jerks, but overall I am pleased with my career here. There are ways they can grow and improve and the number 1 area is management training and development. If they truly want to see growth in various modes of transportation, they need to develop their managers. They need to invest more in technology and employee retention.

Typical day work includes talking and working with your peers, carriers and customers. There is training for the employees, and various meetings detailing new customer implementation and other areas. They have nice charity events and they have a work hard, play hard culture. Great company with nice benefits but still room to grow.
Sterile enviroment with limited person to person interaction.
Freight Sales Broker (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 10, 2016
I learned a lot about the freight shipping industry. However, it was difficult finding solutions to ongoing IT problems. Management was spread thin. I was often put at the end of the priority line when issues arose, in favor of senior reps. Additional duties included collections, clerical and solutions. Spent 10 hours a day looking at 2 video monitors and working the phones. Very little development and opportunity to advance.
Chr
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJanuary 9, 2017
Easy job to adopt to. Pay could be a lot better, but this goes with how much your office produces. The Management at my office is not up to standards, but other offices are good.
Pros
Work/ Life balance
Cons
Management/ Pay
Successful company with fun culture
Global Forwarding Agent (Current Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILJune 21, 2016
Much talent on board but are they all placed correctly? Efficiency is not a strong point but nevertheless a successful company. Training is a weak point and you are sometimes left to figure out processes on your own. This does not lead to best organization.
Pros
Company events, atmosphere
Cons
Healthcare, training, placement of talent
Great Place
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 9, 2016
I really enjoyed my time at CH. I enjoyed that management cared about what was going on in our lives. I enjoyed talking to the drivers each day. I decided to go in a new direction due to pay issues and I felt very robotic some days.
Not a good choice
Supply Chain Management Lead (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 8, 2016
CH Robinson changes their compensation plan more than we change our undergarments. This company is a joke, and its only good for overworking and under paying their employees.
Great company
Financial Reporting Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Woburn, MAJuly 10, 2016
Good place to start career right out of college.
Plenty of advancements within the company but needs relocating to Chicago or other major Corporate offices .

Good work/life balance .
Fast paced / no sleeping on the job .
Good pay vs competitors .
Great benefits .
Great overall work culture .
Great skill building Bad office Culture
Operations Representative (Former Employee) –  Carson, CASeptember 5, 2016
I learn a great deal concerning task management but the office culture is a lot of blaming and unfair treatment on advancement. Advancement wasn't based off skill but favoritism.
they worry about your lights being on then quality
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Lemont, ILAugust 30, 2016
managment is not up to that level require.. they never hire not a place to put your mind to it. they dont appreciate. schedule is from 2;30 to 1 am but they dont let you go till 5 in the morning
N/a
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 28, 2016
In my opinion Towards the end of my time at Ch Robinson i felt drained , i was pushing myself to go in everyday and was relieved when i was let go, at the beginning it was ok, but you get tired of being belittled by callers all day, ive worked at a call center before this and it was nothing compared to the treatment the truckers gave you at Ch Robinson, it would leave me feeling mentally exhausted not wanting to face another caller. the way management handled the procedures was horrible they didnt even know what was going on yet expected one as a employee to get it and not get it wrong or face the consistences, they have no sick days only PTO and are expected to schedule your sick days in advance, this is hard on parents and students and for that reason i saw alot of employees be terminated, you had one call out day a month as long as pto was available and if more than one was used you would be written up
Cons
no sick days, stressful calls due to grumpy drivers, high expectations
great place to work, positive vibes at all times
Operation Representative (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 15, 2016
i loved working for C.H.Robinson. the employees are fun, the management is great and overall dedicated group of people.
Work/life balance
Carrier Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 12, 2016
Not good. Carrier sales expected to never leave their desks. No career path. You will do the same thing from the day you start until the day you leave.
Pros
People, commission
Cons
Work/life balance
Hard to advance
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 21, 2016
good place to work, good people and coworkers, they treat the staff well for a young person that loves to drink, I had a great time, but advancement is nonexistent
Enjoyed
Account Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WINovember 10, 2016
I enjoyed working at Wisconsin Building Supply. There was always work to do and they seems to be very helpful when we had any questions.
Great Place to work
Shipment Information Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 22, 2016
This company is very professional great place to work and you can advance to a new position in under 6 months and you will get a pay raise with your new position. They promote within the company.
productive and fun enviroment
Shipment Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  okc okAugust 17, 2016
Great company to work for! I love the energy and the employees as well. management was awesome. 401k match 4%, pto and holiday pay. good health insurance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at C.H. Robinson. Our community is ready to answer.